Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 28, 2013 10:44 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dat doll, they finally found something~

Once again, the Hakaze and Yoshino moments were cute. For a second, I thought she was going to kiss him :p. I'm kinda glad that she is in her original outfit again this episode, kinda missed that.

FINALLY, Hakaze meets Aika. About time and I looked forward to this. Overall imo, good episode and that talk on the roof was tense. Aika taking so things so casually. Oh and that's one big ass sword if you ask me.
Feb 28, 2013 12:44 PM
Nov 2012
The best was left for the next episode
Feb 28, 2013 12:46 PM

Oct 2012
LOL, I was like 0_0 when samon said he was wearing a wig. Then he said he was joking, which me go O_O
Feb 28, 2013 12:51 PM

Feb 2012
Damn. I guess the "True" Mage of Exodus can do some badass things. Turning a stick into a huge ass sword.

I wouldn't mind having 1/4th of that power xD
Feb 28, 2013 12:52 PM

Feb 2012
wow they got me good lol
Feb 28, 2013 12:53 PM

Jun 2012
Aika's going Cloud Strife on Hakaze' ass

Damn Aika really is a shrewd person as Yoshino made her out to be, when she introduced herself I was tense just from watching the situation unfold. I can only imagine how Hakaze would feel. The reveal that Aika is the Mage of Exodus makes sense in the grand scheme of everything we've seen so far. My only question is how did Aika die? If she's that powerful, it's hard to believe she was killed by someone else other than Hakaze or even more interesting herself.

Other Thoughts

-Samon making that joke was funny in itself but what was even better was his reasoning, his perceptions being screwed over constantly pretty much haha
-Hakaze rubbing Yoshino's earlobe will never get old XD
HybridMBLFeb 28, 2013 1:01 PM
Feb 28, 2013 12:54 PM

Aug 2010
Hakaze got to touch Yoshino's ear lobes XD

Wow Dat ending!! Can't say I'm surprised about the Aika=Mage of Exodus thing but the way they executed it took me by surprise. That big ass sword and how nonchalant Aika was during all of this was pretty awesome.

Wondering how Hakaze will deal with this situation and also the reason why Aika will be attacking her immediately?
Feb 28, 2013 12:55 PM

Nov 2012
That was epic,can''t wait to know how hakaze will handle the fact that Aika was the mage of exodus X_X
Feb 28, 2013 1:11 PM

May 2012
HOLY SHIT
I WANT THAT SWORD
SDKJFHASDGF
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Feb 28, 2013 1:12 PM

Jun 2008
I love Aika. Glad they´re following the manga. Next ep is going to be fucking epic. Aika is a badass~

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Feb 28, 2013 1:16 PM

Mar 2012
Okay, that was intense but I always knew something is off about Aika's personality and the way she says those tempest line whatever.

Why is the Anime ahead of the manga, the manga is still on chapter 24. So where is the anime basing the story?
Feb 28, 2013 1:21 PM

May 2012
lonelydemon said:
Okay, that was intense but I always knew something is off about Aika's personality and the way she says those tempest line whatever.

Why is the Anime ahead of the manga, the manga is still on chapter 24. So where is the anime basing the story?
Probably didn't want to give away anything leading to Aika being the mage of exodus
cause thats what the climax of the anime would be
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Feb 28, 2013 1:24 PM

Jun 2008
lonelydemon said:

The anime is not ahead of the manga. The manga is only translated to chapter 24 but there are more than 40 chapters out in raw in chinese and Japanese.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Feb 28, 2013 1:29 PM

Jun 2012
finally aika is back but have to wait until next episode to see more -_-
Feb 28, 2013 1:29 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
AnimeHAwk616 said:
LOL, I was like 0_0 when samon said he was wearing a wig. Then he said he was joking, which me go O_O

Same here XD Samon is so serious that you wouldn't think he would make a joke, and if he did, it would sound like the truth.

lonelydemon said:

The English scans are only up to chapter 24. In Japan, the manga is up to chapter 40 something...the English scans are behind :) They are going according to the manga and not making things up (yet).

Loved this episode. Shows you that of course Yoshino would still want Aika to be alive :( And Mahiro just wants revenge, even if Yoshino is the killer (which I mean at this point, we all know he isn't because that split personality theory is just stupid.) Mahiro and Yoshino are so nonchalant when Mahiro says he would kill Yoshino to avenge Aika, and Yoshino doesn't defend himself. Aika is so badass with her huge sword XD I really love her character, she's so eccentric in a good way.
Feb 28, 2013 1:32 PM
Jan 2011
Looks like Aika is gonna get some aired time.
Feb 28, 2013 1:32 PM

Jul 2007
WTF did i just watch i don't even know. Zetsuen no tempest never ceases to amaze me really. 5/5
Feb 28, 2013 1:38 PM

Aug 2012
Near the end of that i was hoping it wasn't going to end and then my hopes were crushed.

Feb 28, 2013 1:40 PM

Mar 2011
Shit got real.
Feb 28, 2013 1:43 PM

Feb 2011
WTFFFFFFFFFFF WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFF WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Anyone , I need a gif of Hakaze's boob shake on the massage chair .
Feb 28, 2013 1:50 PM

Nov 2008
Gawd! They did that good!!! What a great adaptation!

It was such a compelling contrast - Hakaze is innocent and hot headed, Aika is worldly and cool headed.
Feb 28, 2013 1:51 PM

Nov 2008
lonelydemon said:

Chapter 43 came out this month and chapter 44, the final chapter, will come out in early March.
Feb 28, 2013 2:00 PM

Sep 2011
it was good but come on this was so predictable, people called this while the show was still in its first cour plus the end of ep 12 and the 2nd op give it away

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 28, 2013 2:06 PM

Sep 2011
dbaranyi said:
lonelydemon said:

Chapter 43 came out this month and chapter 44, the final chapter, will come out in early March.
coincidently the same time the anime will end, wonder if they will pull a gosick where the anime and source material end on the same day.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 28, 2013 2:08 PM

Sep 2008
Although this was predictable I still enjoyed it.

And Samon and his wig, he's the last person I'd expect to tell a joke :D

Next episode should be great, explaining how Aika died (assuming she did, but with this show I wouldn't dare bet on that, no matter how certain it looks).
Feb 28, 2013 2:21 PM

Jul 2009
WOWWWWWWWWWWWW
i am so impressed. the ending was pretty much to be expected; HOWEVER!!!!! they covered so much 'possible scenarios', like even hakaze switching the body for a fake like in steins gate. mind = blown. this is story telling at its finest. beautiful.

now as for the ending, predictable; but the author pretty much eliminated all other possible 'interesting endings' and discarded them in order to choose this one. in the end, the author decided with this predictable ending, so it MUST BE GOOD. i look forward to the twists and turns leading up to the finale!
KurogashiFeb 28, 2013 2:24 PM
Feb 28, 2013 2:21 PM

Mar 2009
I have to say it.. Yoshino is a mage slayer! You make all those female badass mages fall for you, yoshino!
Cat Love

Feb 28, 2013 2:26 PM

Apr 2012
Ending is what made it for me, building up the hype is just a killer :s.

But it seems like they are currently at chapter 35(?) I really wish they fit in the rest of the material and the final chapter in the last 4 episode, it would be quite evil if not.
Feb 28, 2013 2:28 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Hahahahahaha, finally! I knew she was behind everything from the start! xD She just had to be xD Cause the one who laughs last, laughs the best xD You go Aika! xD
Feb 28, 2013 2:29 PM

Aug 2011
Aika is just so awesome. Favourite female character in Zetsuen. This episode was great, next episode will be amazing.

My theory was right. :DDDDDDDDDDDD She is the Mage of Exodus
Feb 28, 2013 2:31 PM

Sep 2011
micmic77 said:

But it seems like they are currently at chapter 35(?) I really wish they fit in the rest of the material and the final chapter in the last 4 episode, it would be quite evil if not.
apparently they are right behind ep 38 or something so they will likely reach the ending

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 28, 2013 2:32 PM

Jul 2009
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
it was good but come on this was so predictable, people called this while the show was still in its first cour plus the end of ep 12 and the 2nd op give it away

if you were even paying attention to the conversations in the beginning, you wouldve noticed that the author could've:

A) made yoshino the mage with a split personality
B) hakaze the killer
C) no one important being the killer
D) even though she's killed, perhaps switch her body before the killing happens. see steins;gate.
E) aika the mage

in the she chose E (and maybe B) while have the characters eliminate all the possible scenarios within this episode. each option imo is equally as good as the other, so 'logically' there must be a good reason to go down this route. predictable doesnt mean it's bad. it's what you do with that scenario afterwards that makes the story good or bad.

it's predictable that you're going to die, but in between is what separates you from having a great life to having a scum's life. ;)
Feb 28, 2013 2:33 PM

Nov 2012
So, if Aika is the mage of Exodus it means there is a possibility that she killed herself
(don’t tell me if its right or wrong I don’t want spoilers)
Feb 28, 2013 2:38 PM

Sep 2011
Kurogashi said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

if you were even paying attention to the conversations in the beginning, you wouldve noticed that the author could've:

A) made yoshino the mage with a split personality
B) hakaze the killer
C) no one important being the killer
D) even though she's killed, perhaps switch her body before the killing happens. see steins;gate.
E) aika the mage

in the she chose E (and maybe B) while have the characters eliminate all the possible scenarios within this episode. each option imo is equally as good as the other, so 'logically' there must be a good reason to go down this route. predictable doesnt mean it's bad. it's what you do with that scenario afterwards that makes the story good or bad.

it's predictable that you're going to die, but in between is what separates you from having a great life to having a scum's life. ;)
That doesnt show that the author thought this through . It being obvious has more to do with how badly they kept it a secret not that it was the chosen possibility, if this was done well they would have ever said any of the possibilities outright keeping us guessing, using subtle hints to make us think the wrong possibility. What they did was make careless slips at every turn spoiling the reveal and killing the tension to the build up.

In all senses of the phrase, its bad writing, whether they take it into something that makes up for it is yet to be seen but the actual reveal and build up was poorly handled in so many ways just like how the 2nd half of the series has been entirely

Also to counter what you said, yes predictable is a bad thing in a mystery, its a very bad thing.

Misail said:
So, if Aika is the mage of Exodus it means there is a possibility that she killed herself
(don’t tell me if its right or wrong I don’t want spoilers)
well since they narrowed down the possibilities to

A: Hakaze did it
and
B: she offed herself

Its likely going to be the latter, if its yoshino then ill be mildly surprised but it would be ruined by the fact that the show brought it up so much so regardless of the outcome, this is way to predictable and adding onto what i just said, is flawed writing, ill of course save that till the actual reveal but i really doubt im wrong due to how much this show narrowed down its possiblities
JizzyHitlerFeb 28, 2013 2:44 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 28, 2013 2:41 PM

Dec 2012
So Aika was the mage of exodus! makes sence :P - Why didn't anybody think of that????
Feb 28, 2013 2:48 PM

Aug 2012
Simply... My mind was blown, it was too much to comprehend in my head lol. Awsome episode
Feb 28, 2013 2:48 PM
Nov 2012
It was predictable because basically the author built it up in a way which made that Aika was the only suspect for being the Mage of Exodus, it would be very anti-climatic if some random person suddenly appeared.
But like what happens with anime adaptations in the anime it was way more predictable: for example, Aika's monologue in episode 12 didn't happen in the manga.

Despite that I liked the reveal, the sword animation was pretty cool and imagine how powerful Hanemura can get if he reached Aika's level.
Feb 28, 2013 2:49 PM

Sep 2011
flamingo-chan said:

But like what happens with anime adaptations in the anime it was way more predictable: for example, Aika's monologue in episode 12 didn't happen in the manga.
Well there were alot more contributing factors than that but yah episode's 12 monologue was one of the dumbest decisions in the show

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 28, 2013 2:54 PM

Jan 2011
I will point out that there is another option which would involve the identity of Hanemura's former girlfriend. Hakaze's power comes from the logic of the world as maintained by the Tree of Genesis. Aika's power comes from the Tree of Exodus and may involve a completely different set of abilities reflecting a different logic. It's not beyond belief that it was Aika who was Hanemura's girlfriend and what has been happening thus far is simply her scheme reaching a critical point. So while according to the logic of the world (Genesis), Aika died and is going to stay dead, the logic (or illogic) of Exodus may allow another fate.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 28, 2013 2:57 PM
Nov 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
flamingo-chan said:

Well there were alot more contributing factors than that but yah episode's 12 monologue was one of the dumbest decisions in the show

I'm sure there's more things but that one was the only one I can state right now.

At least next episode we will an awesome fight and more cool Aika, and if there's time, one of the best Hanemura scene
Feb 28, 2013 2:58 PM

Oct 2011
As I (and many others) have expected, Aika is the mage of Exodus. I don't think she was killed by Hakaze in the past though, because Hakaze clearly doesn't remember the event. Which leaves the question --- how did she die?

Feb 28, 2013 3:02 PM

Nov 2007
Oh, it was because of baseball game that the airing got late?

More detail about how to go back to the past. lol @ the massage chair and that long hair guy's joke.

What?? @ Aika's identity!! And the fight next ep... (lol @ the Sudden English at the preview)

Looks like Devil Survivor is replacing this anime's timeslot next season.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 28, 2013 3:10 PM
Oct 2011
God, I hate the fact that I was right that the one of the best, if not the BEST fighting scene in the manga is next week. Not complaining though, more Aika = <3

It almost broke my heart to see Yoshino's crestfallen face when Hakaze said there wasn't any way Aika would be able to live. Like really, I don't blame him or Mahiro for falling for her. She's one of the most well written characters I've ever known.

I love how calm and collected Aika was. This episode made me like Hakaze a bit more, it must suck doing alot for a guy that doesn't return your feelings.

As for the preview:
Fallen_LullabyFeb 28, 2013 3:16 PM
Feb 28, 2013 3:23 PM

Feb 2010
Aw yeah!! THAT SWORD. Looking foward to an all out brawl next week!!
Feb 28, 2013 3:27 PM

Jul 2009
basically reaction of most people I assume

If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Feb 28, 2013 3:30 PM

Jan 2008
The anime will end soon, I'm sad :(
Feb 28, 2013 3:37 PM

Feb 2012
Was mind blown from this episode!! Never came across my mind Aika was the Mage of Exodus, now I'm thinking will yoshino or mahiro time travel too to protect hakaze? Or is there a third unintroduced Mage?
Feb 28, 2013 3:46 PM

Feb 2012
Dudewitbow said:
basically reaction of most people I assume

Yeah thats my reaction haha.

Feb 28, 2013 3:48 PM

May 2010
this show is too predictable to be good.
really nothing special.
2/5
Feb 28, 2013 3:59 PM

Dec 2012
Awesome episode. It turns out it was a paradox after all.

Ever since the the mention of a mage of exodus I've considered Aika being the respective mage who brings on all the events of the story but then I wasn't sure anymore when Hanemura was revealed to be the mage of exodus. Overall, an obvious yet not so obvious twist.

Aika -> badass.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

175 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 6:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.