Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: My Daddy Long Legs Episode 40 Discussion

Feb 27, 2013 4:26 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
IIIIII KNEEEEEEW ITTTTTT

Like ages ago.

50% chance of recovery? Bitch, I'ma dance through space.

Also, lolicon.

Sep 16, 2013 5:20 PM

Yes! Finally done! And good thing they got married despite the very wide age gap..

Sep 18, 2013 1:59 AM

Dramatic climax with a happy ending, as expected of old classic anime :P I knew Jervis was the Long leg daddy but never understood why he did what he did but now i understand >W> and that age gap wow Dx
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 31, 2014 10:28 PM
rebelakuma said:
Yes! Finally done! And good thing they got married despite the very wide age gap..

What was the age gap?

Sep 16, 2014 10:47 AM
This anime is so great at building momentum and anticipation. Really love it. I didn't think of anything for Jervis being the DLL until at least episode 30. The ending were well-deserved and totally worth watching!! I gave this anime 4.5/5.

Nov 22, 2014 3:38 PM

Knew it for certain in the episode when Jarvis goes to meet Julia on the balcony in New York and his shadow has huge legs!

Sep 1, 2016 10:50 PM

Can't say Jervis being daddy was a huge surprise but I'm happy with how everything turned out. Easy 8 or 9/10 for this series as it was perhaps the best coming of age story I've ever seen. The cast was phenomenal with every character being portrayed very realistically, colorfully and memorably. The development that both Judy and Julia went through by the end was absolutely insane. Super happy with Daddy Long Legs. Julia for best tsundere in anime apart of Asuka??

Sep 14, 2017 3:21 PM
Bit disappointing that the finale was mostly recap, but Jervis being John Smith wasn't exactly surprising as he'd show up every time Judy wrote about her troubles to John Smith.

The drama was a bit too much at times which is what's stopping me from giving it a 10.

Sep 28, 2017 8:34 PM
So I had to spoil it for myself before I even started the anime and already knew who daddy long legs was which seemed to ruin the fun in a way but it was still overall great I'm glad I picked up this anime

Nov 14, 2017 1:36 AM

good ending to a good show

Jan 2, 2018 3:58 AM

Episode 14 was where the story became inconsistent and Judy's periodical depressions started to appear. Dramatization.
Modified by Eell, Jan 2, 2018 9:56 AM
And still, Bill will live on.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
until the earth is swallowed beneath his feet.
Until the sun is long since gone.
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
and sees them whether his eyes are closed or open.
Until he forgets his name and the place where he'd once come from.
He lives and he lives until all of the lights go out.

Jan 2, 2018 4:00 AM

Wtffff "Daddy long legs" is an Anime?!?!

Sep 6, 2018 5:53 PM

THAT "BIG REVEAL" LOL
I'm kind of stunned that people were even slightly surprised that Jervis = John Smith.

A solid series like pretty much all WMT anime i've seen however the romantic aspect was too much for my liking.
I can acknowledge Judy's growth (and Julia's etc.) but sadly she never quite grew on me as a character. Which is probably why I felt like these last ~10 episodes or so with the romantic subplot bought down my enjoyment.
Judy's not the most dramatic lead i've seen, but for some reason she grates on me more than others.
Modified by stand, Sep 6, 2018 11:12 PM

Jun 3, 3:11 PM

Series was not without its fair share of flaws but it was solid nonetheless.
Judy is one of the best characters I've seen since a long time.