Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2013 12:49 PM

Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poor Julia~

Wooo is she really going to send that stinging letter?
Last bit about the allowance was so rude!

Dayum gurl, you on a roll! lmao
CTFO

Uh-oh, really in a bind now )=
Jun 20, 2013 10:24 AM
Jan 2011
Looks like the love triangle has NOT been completely resolved! I feel sorry for both Jervis and Jimmie now.

I thought that "Daddy's" point about taking scholarship money away from someone who really needs it was actually a good point. I generally support Judy's desire to be independent --after all, becoming independent is part of becoming an adult-- but it's a bit selfish to be taking financial aide if you already have a means of support.
Sep 15, 2013 8:30 PM

May 2012
Hmmm.. now who will Judy choose? I'm a Jimmie fan, so just go to the Princeton party girl!
Sep 13, 2017 5:23 AM
Aug 2014
First time I actually agree with John Smith and now Judy won't back down like she usually somewhat grudgingly does.
Jan 1, 2018 9:48 PM

Jan 2017
Judy used to be less dramatic when she was younger. On depression mode, again.

Judy still doesn't know who he is, and thinks he's one of those others who should be avoided. He's someone close.
As Jervis said, Judy, The world isn't as kind as you think.
Contemporary0091Jan 2, 2018 10:28 AM
And still, Bill will live on.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
until the earth is swallowed beneath his feet.
Until the sun is long since gone.
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
and sees them whether his eyes are closed or open.
Until he forgets his name and the place where he'd once come from.
He lives and he lives until all of the lights go out.
Jun 3, 2019 12:33 AM

Apr 2013
Now I don't understand why he doesn't want her to get a scholarship, how does that make sense. Jervis is a bit of an ass for talking like that, he is not delicate at all
Mar 26, 2020 4:09 PM

Sep 2011
Daddy Long Legs is in the wrong. He mentioned leaving the scholarship to someone who needs it, but it wasn't given to Judy. She grasped it with her own power and she is someone who needs it. Since it's like he wants her to keep depending on him so he can continue to control and forbid her to do anything he doesn't like. He doesn't show up and he never even talks to her about stuff. He just tries to solve everything by sending more money and keeps disregarding her feelings. And of course Jervis thinks like him since they might very well be one and the same. I haven't read Judy's story and I don't know how good it was, but it was published, she is going to get paid again, and of course she wants to be independent. Jervis supposedly loves her so he should be supporting her, like her Daddy Long Legs should be doing if he really cares, and not cutting her wings. Of course the world is harsh and things can go terribly wrong, but trying to make her give up so she can stay forever under her guardian's wings isn't the answer. She doesn't belong to her guardian and he can't keep on deciding things for her in this one sided relationship. Now, I thought that Jimmie was going to give up, but it seems that what he feels for Judy wasn't so shallow. I feel for Jimmie, but more for Julia. Of course he isn't obliged to like her back, but he should be honest like Judy was with him. She said that she likes someone else already, but he doesn't want to accept it.
Oct 28, 2020 12:11 PM

Apr 2009
Fayrin said:
Daddy Long Legs is in the wrong. He mentioned leaving the scholarship to someone who needs it, but it wasn't given to Judy. She grasped it with her own power and she is someone who needs it. Since it's like he wants her to keep depending on him so he can continue to control and forbid her to do anything he doesn't like. He doesn't show up and he never even talks to her about stuff. He just tries to solve everything by sending more money and keeps disregarding her feelings. And of course Jervis thinks like him since they might very well be one and the same. I haven't read Judy's story and I don't know how good it was, but it was published, she is going to get paid again, and of course she wants to be independent. Jervis supposedly loves her so he should be supporting her, like her Daddy Long Legs should be doing if he really cares, and not cutting her wings. Of course the world is harsh and things can go terribly wrong, but trying to make her give up so she can stay forever under her guardian's wings isn't the answer. She doesn't belong to her guardian and he can't keep on deciding things for her in this one sided relationship. Now, I thought that Jimmie was going to give up, but it seems that what he feels for Judy wasn't so shallow. I feel for Jimmie, but more for Julia. Of course he isn't obliged to like her back, but he should be honest like Judy was with him. She said that she likes someone else already, but he doesn't want to accept it.

THIS!! Even though I highly enjoy this show (that's why I'm rewatching it from time to time), the relationship between Judy/her guardian and Judy/Jervis just feel wrong because of all these points you said here.
Poor Julia. Jimmy should've been more straightforward and honest with her. I didn't like Julia at first, but in the end I grew more fond of her than Judy.
Oct 28, 2021 11:46 PM

Sep 2018
I kinda understand Judy, she really wants her freedom but real life is not that easy, it will be hard for her especially when she's alone and no financial support with parents. Part time can't pay your rent, food and school.

More topics from this board

» What do you think about the romance?

Teirayo - Oct 5, 2023

1 by kannysan34 »»
Oct 23, 2023 4:54 PM

Poll: » My Daddy Long Legs Episode 40 Discussion

Salmissra - Feb 27, 2013

26 by kannysan34 »»
Jun 10, 2023 12:55 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Ashinaga Oji-san Episode 29 Discussion

Mouse2010 - Jun 17, 2013

7 by AngelicTotoro »»
Jan 30, 2023 9:03 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Ashinaga Ojisan Episode 17 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - Aug 27, 2016

4 by AngelicTotoro »»
Jan 27, 2023 2:51 AM

Poll: » My Daddy Long Legs Episode 16 Discussion

Salmissra - Jul 30, 2012

9 by AngelicTotoro »»
Jan 27, 2023 2:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.