Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 4, 2013 2:28 AM

Apr 2009
Being Toaru fan since the 1st season I was somehow thrilled and afraid at the same time, when they announced that they're working on a film. How should I put this... I thoroughly disliked it - I disliked the sole idea (singing, mircales, etc.), I disliked the plot in general, and so on. But the thing that really saddened me was a bit more specific - the fact, that this movie is actually canon. Which means that I can't simply ignore it, and act as if it never happened.
Think whatever you like, but none can convince me that this film, events portrayed in it, or characters introduced in any way enriched Toaru's universe. They could've construed the plot based on so much more significant, and by that interesting events (let it be, Touma's past, or origins of Academy City, or something which would involve Tsuchimikado as a MC - I bet any of those would be this much more enjoyable, especially to Toaru fans).
Basically, what I'm tring to say is that Toaru universe is incredibly intriguing. Was Endymion no Kiseki, somehting that will stay in our minds as a great addition to events that already took place? I'm sure it will be quickly forgotten.
This franchise didn't need this movie. It was the first Toaru piece that bored me, and seemed to me as if they've run out of ideas.
Instead of this, money and effort should've been put onto the III season.
Oct 9, 2013 4:10 AM

Oct 2009
Wow i am impressed! Much better than i expected, really well done i must say. Arisa, Shutaura and that goth loli were great. That animation and OST! I thought i was watching Macross for a second there :P!
J.C now i have hopes Index III now!

Also bonus points for the whole cast showing up :D

8/10
Oct 13, 2013 6:58 PM

Feb 2010
loved the movie but j.c staff couldn't you have hinted at a season 3? hell there still enough material from the first series of novel to make like 2-3 more seasons of index
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 14, 2013 12:09 PM

Dec 2011
Wow. It is a very nice movie, those visuals are really good.

Also, I didn't expect that Shutaura and Arisa is almost pretty much the same person. That is the reason why Shutaura can't process rhythm, since she created Arisa from her wish.

At the end, I was expecting Touma to falcon punch that big magic circle, but seems Index spell intercepted it with her song in the end. I love that Index isn't useless in this movie.

JC Staff didn't disappoint. Give us an Index III already!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2013 8:56 PM

Sep 2012
Last order was adorable!
Oct 20, 2013 1:52 AM

Mar 2013
That was a great movie
but.... the best parts were Accelerator appearing and having a small role :D
Izayoi’s personal philosophy is “To suppress and control both the strong and weak.”
Oct 20, 2013 3:50 AM

Sep 2010
Good movie visual wise.... But plot wise just mediocre..... Seems to be all over the place.... (same as the main series, except rail gun)

7/10
Oct 20, 2013 4:12 AM

Aug 2009
twonline said:
Good movie visual wise.... But plot wise just mediocre..... Seems to be all over the place.... (same as the main series, except rail gun)

7/10
Yeah because she had a very grand role...
Oct 23, 2013 7:25 PM

Jan 2011
It had some nice scenes, like Arisa asking if she can accept the call, instead of simply ignoring that she spoke to someone there, like everyone else.

Also, Touma punching a woman. Actually, RalDex is on the forefront of gender equality regarding punchs, whether it's on the delivering or recieving end, so thumbs up for that.

I also like how some people in the restaurant where a bit creeped out by Kuroko and started to leave. We know how Kuroko can be, but i'm not sure how i would react if something like that (minus the teleporting wheelchair maybe..) happend in real life.

It's also nice to see Misaka and Index meet, even if it was only a short scene. They have so much to discuss, like, how Index accidently shot Tree Diagramm, which came in handy for Misaka later. Or Touma. I'm sure they could really close friends in no time when discussing Touma..

Overall the movie was a mess though, as some already explained. Too much stuff stuffed into not enough time, especially towards the end where they had to resolve that mess somehow AND include as many characters as possible.
Oct 23, 2013 9:05 PM

Aug 2009
NwAurion said:
It had some nice scenes, like Arisa asking if she can accept the call, instead of simply ignoring that she spoke to someone there, like everyone else.

Also, Touma punching a woman. Actually, RalDex is on the forefront of gender equality regarding punchs, whether it's on the delivering or recieving end, so thumbs up for that.

I also like how some people in the restaurant where a bit creeped out by Kuroko and started to leave. We know how Kuroko can be, but i'm not sure how i would react if something like that (minus the teleporting wheelchair maybe..) happend in real life.

It's also nice to see Misaka and Index meet, even if it was only a short scene. They have so much to discuss, like, how Index accidently shot Tree Diagramm, which came in handy for Misaka later. Or Touma. I'm sure they could really close friends in no time when discussing Touma..

Overall the movie was a mess though, as some already explained. Too much stuff stuffed into not enough time, especially towards the end where they had to resolve that mess somehow AND include as many characters as possible.

Index doesnt know about Tree Diagram.I doubt anyone except Aleister does.An dit didnt really help Misaka.Whether it was still functioning or not the end would be the same.
Oct 30, 2013 8:24 PM

Jan 2008
Lol'd so hard when Touma punched her in the face. Was expected but hilarious.

Man, it's been a while since I watched a anime movie I actually enjoyed the entire thing.
Nov 5, 2013 4:33 PM

Jul 2008
i mean srsly wtf is up with the writers makin it so Touma gets the punch a women after every arc or some shit its not funny watch it each time either
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Nov 5, 2013 8:07 PM

Jun 2012
I was hoping Touma would punch the immortal loli.
Nov 13, 2013 9:05 AM

Jan 2010
NihonFalcom said:
Accelerhusbando needed mawr screentime.

7/10 from me for the visual, accelerator and kanzaki, don't really like the theme miracle and sing, the singing part seriously bored me....
Nov 15, 2013 4:38 PM

Jan 2010
Average at best, at least visuals look good but the plot and new characters were pretty boring to be honest. 5/10

Dec 10, 2013 5:37 AM
Jan 2012
theres only 1 thing i didnt get in that movie, still thought it was good but anyway;

how did the space elevator not fall onto earth, it kind of implies that it just floated away in space after the bolts were blown up, but if that was possible there was never any danger of it falling in the first place, i mean seriously, how can destroying the base of a falling tower possibly stop it from falling
Dec 10, 2013 9:24 AM

Aug 2009
andrewisgod said:
theres only 1 thing i didnt get in that movie, still thought it was good but anyway;

how did the space elevator not fall onto earth, it kind of implies that it just floated away in space after the bolts were blown up, but if that was possible there was never any danger of it falling in the first place, i mean seriously, how can destroying the base of a falling tower possibly stop it from falling
By starting the purging sequence the elevator will start getting away from the planet .The reason they had to break those pillars/whatever was so that it can get away from the planet most likely using some kind of boosters.Imagine what would happen if the Elevator couldnt get away while using those boosters.
Dec 16, 2013 1:21 AM
Jan 2012
ssjokg said:

yeah i thought about rockets, but that would be a ridiculously big rocket, so they couldnt exactly do that in the middle of the city, itd be as bad as the tower falling
Dec 16, 2013 9:07 AM

Aug 2009
andrewisgod said:
ssjokg said:

yeah i thought about rockets, but that would be a ridiculously big rocket, so they couldnt exactly do that in the middle of the city, itd be as bad as the tower falling
Not in the bottom but at the orbital station far above the city.Academy City is able to make fighters planes that reach 7,000 km/h so attaching multiple high powered boosters wouldnt be an issue.
Dec 16, 2013 9:57 AM

Nov 2013
I disliked it.

I watched it something like a month ago, and while I like the anime (Index/Railgun), I have to say the plot of the movie is absolutely terrible.

From the first scene to the last nothing makes sense ... I can't remember everything but

The fire wizard attacks Touma with no reason in the beginning of the movie and 10 minutes later explains casualy what is happening. Hmmm ... you know ... explaining first would have been better yeah? You wouldn't have had to fight against Touma ... since ...there was absolutely no reason for it!

And that ending! DAT ENDING ! Let's throw every single character of the anime into battle and ... EXPLODE the tower to ...secure the tower and the city? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

And the final explaination ... BY THE POWER OF DEUS EX MACHINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !

Fuck you seriously T_T

All in all it remembered me Guilty Crown. Beautiful, good music, but terrible story.
short_reviewDec 16, 2013 10:01 AM
Dec 20, 2013 8:18 PM
Jan 2012
ssjokg said:
andrewisgod said:
ssjokg said:

Not in the bottom but at the orbital station far above the city.Academy City is able to make fighters planes that reach 7,000 km/h so attaching multiple high powered boosters wouldnt be an issue.

oooh yeah, course lol
ah thats good, the one problem i had with it is solved now
Jan 5, 2014 11:09 AM

Sep 2011
Just starting to watch it... JC Staff is engaging in historical revisionism?!?? LOL

Also with this and Railgun S... The season 3 better be as quality as Railgun S
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jan 9, 2014 12:34 PM

May 2011
Great movie! Well, I really enjoyed it at least. And the animation/ art in this was just beautiful. Its too bad Arisa ended up merging with Shutaura at the end though because I would've loved to see her appear again as a side character. Ah well.

It was nice to see how JC Staff tried to stuff as much characters from the Index-verse as they could in this movie though haha. Gj.

And I just loved all the new insert songs here <3.
ZeroZxJan 9, 2014 1:19 PM
Feb 26, 2014 8:52 PM

Feb 2012
Since Macross I havent seen an anime series that do the combination of song and narrative so well. I liked the music but didnt feel anything special, which is a shame, since the music could be so powerful.
It was a nice story and beautifully animated anyway.
Apr 14, 2014 8:45 AM

Aug 2010
As a huge Index fan....I was actually disappointed in the film.

The plot made no sense, and many of the new characters were pointless.

The climax was disappointing. Accelerator and Misaka didn't get any fight scenes? What? Stiyl was annoying the whole film.

Too much fan-service.

Still, some positives:

Great animation. Great fight-scenes. Kanzaki got by far the coolest scene. That was awesome. Some catchy songs.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

May 5, 2014 1:02 AM

Apr 2014
I Loved the songs she sings...Misawa Sachika Songs was never that great in the anime she sings...But these Ones here Is right At the Bottom of Masterpiece...The Movie Talks a lot about Miracles...and the near end it shows the Miracle...A miracle that god made due to a persons Wish...and magic...lots of magic...and Lots of Characters...Ruiko appears in Index movie...V!...I can't argue more of how the movie goes...it's like those disney movie where everything happens in 2-3 days...but better...the part where kanzaki Kaori appear to intercept the missiles was a surprise...9/10...I did not expect more...the songs are great...already download the album...V!
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Jun 1, 2014 12:51 PM

Aug 2009
I just love it when Touman punches bitches. Women should know their place.

Terrible movie. The worst anime from the RailDex universe until now. I hope Index III will be loads better.
Jun 11, 2014 4:29 PM

Aug 2009
xXWoLFxChAoSXx said:
This was an okay movie. Is this actually even canon? I've looked everywhere and I can't seem to find info about whether it is or not. This was a somewhat good movie. Accelerator needed more screen time though. This movie gets an 8/10 from me.
It is canon.
Source: New Testament 9.
Jun 23, 2014 12:52 PM

Jan 2014
never miss to see touma punching another girl here...what a ladies man
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jun 25, 2014 10:37 AM

Jul 2010
8/10 and it had too much fanservice.
Jul 2, 2014 6:03 AM

Jan 2013
Oh wow Rie can survive outer space and an entrance into earth's atmosphere? That's quite far-fetched xD
Touma loves punching girls xD.
Awesome movie, really liked the atmosphere of it. :D And Misaka-Imouto's made an appearance too.
ao_no_exoJul 2, 2014 6:17 AM
Jul 18, 2014 10:48 PM

Dec 2013
It was good, but great? Definitely not
Aug 29, 2014 9:16 AM

Dec 2013
Arisa looks nice. That tower is huge !
Lmfao - the cat

When Arisa sang on stage - the voice didn't suit her at all imo. Plus that weird dancing animation. Everything was kinda out of place.
Perfect balance between Index and Railgun characters (Saten, Kuroko, Kanzaki, Tsuchimikado, Accelerator and Last Order - can you wish for more?) + 2 new hot chars.
The plot is kinda stupid. That blonde girl wants to use Arisa as a core for her spell. The spell will destroy half of the world. But why the hell does she want to destroy the world? .... Typical Index bullshitry.
The animation was uneven but good overall.
Cliche but enjoyable and with very good visuals. 6/10 - much better than Index II
AizixAug 29, 2014 9:22 AM
Aug 29, 2014 11:40 AM

Aug 2009
Kyouraku-san said:

The plot is kinda stupid. That blonde girl wants to use Arisa as a core for her spell. The spell will destroy half of the world. But why the hell does she want to destroy the world? .... Typical Index bullshitry.
She doesnt care about the world, she only wants to die.
Sep 1, 2014 5:09 PM

May 2014
You are kidding me....
Kanzaki in SPACE in a cutoff jean pants. While Touma and Index are wearing like space suits. I guess being a saint defies the lawas of physics/space/ and the atmosphere. You don't need to breath if you are a saint. Fking asspull. And instead of drifintg into space, she drops down casually to the atmosphere. Hmmmm WTF! Does a saint make you that inhuman, where space travel is possible without the assistance of anything?

I guess I"ll give a thumbs up though man.

Even though there were some pretty bad contiuity errors, this was sstill better than most, strictly because of the cast' and the reprisal of characters that didn't get much screentime. We got to see a little bit of everybody good, and this is was a good thing.

3.5/5
Sep 1, 2014 10:03 PM

Aug 2009
Saints are superhuman.That is the point of their existence.

There were no continuity errors
Sep 8, 2014 8:14 PM

Mar 2011
Yes, well, I guess that with the meaning superhuman have for most people, superhuman wouldn't even start to describe it. They are basically chosen by god and protected by him directly. So yes, it's not bullshit if you know how the indexverse works, the laws of physics don't apply to them in some case. It's why there is so few of them in the first place and they are supposed to be complete game breakers, Aqua in s2 alone shows this pretty well. Again, people thinking this need to watch S1 again

By the way, that's the entire point of "magic". If the magic side was "restricted" by our RL science, it would be the same as the science side. It is not, it has its own rules and logic, which are way more esoteric and it was already like that in the whole serie. The problem is that even if you see it too in the anime, you see it A LOT...... later in the LN.
Which is why it may seem strange to a lot of english-speaking people who don't know what will happen later; LN readers are not that common.
It's still quite understandable if you have seen index and Index 2 not too long ago though, something a lot of people here should have done before watching the movie. I think it would have helped.

i mean srsly wtf is up with the writers makin it so Touma gets the punch a women after every arc or some shit its not funny watch it each time

Well, he believes in gender equality after all. See the Endymion Index-tan.

and I don't understand this thing about the plot not making sense. First, pretty much everything made sense when you remember how the magical side works; something sometimes easy to forget since the anime is following the science side more closely most of the time, but still, and if you look closely at everything; which means not skipping something because "it doesn't seem important for now" (as Ssjokg said,

it doesn't mean that it comes from nowhere at all.
And the main theme is also about miracles. Despite the whole thing about miracle being things you create yourself (hello, Bernkastel), even if some things were not explained, some of the strangest things would be explained by this quite well, and they don't pull it 15 times in the movie anyway. Again, it's not the case, but even if it was, complaining about it would be forgetting about the movie's (or the serie as a whole, at times) very premise and nitpicking.

Everything is very well explained (if a bit quickly) and in the continuity of the serie. Which makes it a good movie. Yes it doesn't answer to a lot of questions from the serie, but, uh. People wanting this are the one who apparently want a continuity error.
How should s3 follow the novel if people know things in the anime/movie that they are not supposed to know in the novel? No, thanks, I don't want a movie, even a good one, to break what the future S3 will be or cause improbable retcons. It was entertaining, used the indexverse quite well, and showed us a more "serious" magic side, something that has been lacking since quite a while in the anime, where most of the "big" last arcs with the world at stakes where caused by Aleister having fun.

And while I'm on him, I liked seeing him talking with Laura quite a lot too. It changes from seeing him and the magic side at each other's throat too.
willardhwrightSep 8, 2014 9:22 PM
Oct 14, 2014 11:11 AM

Jul 2008
After finally getting around to watching this movie, I have to say that they really should have just spent the time and effort on starting Index III instead (which after 1 more anime arc has a bunch of really good arcs in a row).

Very little of the specifics were ever clarified such as;
- How Arisa was created. Aleister goes into this a little, but by his explanation Touma's right hand should negate her existence.

- How Ladylee became immortal and why can't Touma negate this immortality. Based on the short clip of her past she probably swallowed seeds from the tree of life or something, so it's somewhat understandable that Touma wouldn't want to open up her stomach to touch the seeds. Still, destroying the Earth seems over the top to accomplish this goal.

- Why Academy City was so laid back even though the entire world could have been destroyed. They only officially sent Anti-Skill as opposed to a semi-competent group like MEMBER or the Kiharas. When this takes place in the timeline Academy City still doesn't like to directly confront the magic side, but still, looking at the potential effects they should of ignored this and sent someone powerful (since they were fighting a combination of science and magic).

- What happened at the very end

The worst part in my opinion was how this movie and the prequel light novel (which wasn't very good either) had so many conflicting facts to the point that it was obvious that they had no knowledge about one another. The prequel had drastically different reasons for the space elevator's creation, and actually explained how the space elevator was suddenly created from out of nowhere (though it was a bit absurd).

They also should have also given Kanzaki (very minor spoilers for NT V2)
Golden_TruthOct 14, 2014 11:50 AM
Nov 3, 2014 8:31 AM
May 2011
They seem to have a flimsy idea of how imagine breaker works.

also how does this fit in with the story?

is the whole thing canon, parts of it or none of it?

all in all not very good imo, they seemed to have went for a fanservice movie instead of trying to put a decent plot in there.

God i want index 3 already... (or hell i'll even take another railgun, since i'm not even that big a fan of the magic side to begin with)
Nov 27, 2014 2:27 AM
Nov 2013
Wow I can't believe that I liked the Movie than the anime. It was so prefect especially the action scene which was really good
8/10 for me
Feb 1, 2015 11:43 PM

Jul 2014
I hope they work on Index 3 soon. 9/10
Mar 8, 2015 6:57 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Pretty good movie. The already excellent visuals from the series were even better in the movie, the animation certainly was a leg up from the series.

The story was alright. The villain's purpose was kind of lame, and the realization that Arisa was actually apart of whatsherface was kind of eh too. Nonetheless Arisa was a very cute and charming character. Heck, I wouldn't have minded at all if she became a regularly occurring character in the show.

It apparently did really well in the box office too. That means people still want more Index! C'mon Japan, give us that third season!

All in all, it was a pretty decent movie, maybe even a pretty darn good movie if you're a big enough fan. I absolutely love the series, but I can't ignore the flaws in this one, so I'll give it a 7. Not a bad score at all though for a movie. It was a fun ride.
Dec 24, 2015 10:04 AM

Aug 2013
Touma punches another girl. Why am I not surprised.

I hope we get another season of Index soon.

7/10
Feb 22, 2016 10:01 PM

Mar 2015
Great movie!!!

The art and background quality went ten times better than the TV broadcast. J.C. Staff really take their time to create this movie. I hope Toaru franchise will be like that.

Somewhat I got a crush on Arisa-chan <3

This movie also has lot of action unlike TV show.

I got a goosebump when Arisa and Shutaura sang together. If I watched it on real movie theater, I'm sure the impact will be great.

Very enjoyable from start to finish.

Arisa returned to Shutaura body at the end.

Overall: 9/10
Jul 20, 2016 4:08 AM

Nov 2014
I would say, compared to the series, I liked to watch this more. I would of liked to see more of what happened with Arisa and Shutaura at the end. Nevertheless, the visuals and OST were great, and the quality is really a lot better than the TV broadcast.
Dec 21, 2016 11:54 AM

May 2015
I didn't know Stiyl had his own harem
May 7, 2017 10:28 AM

Sep 2014
Was actually quite nice, but why did this turn into a disney movie? All this singing was kinda unnecessary.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 28, 2017 7:28 AM

Mar 2013
It was actually a good movie.
I loved the visuals.
I loved the music and
I loved the fan service ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

For someone being 14, the guy is sure bold to smoke cigarettes and have his own cute little harem lol

But I see no one is really bothered about the status of Arisa/Shutaura.
Like what happened after they fused or what did Touma and Index heard at the end? >_>

Poor loli tho. Unable to leave die and rest in peace :(

Wanted to give an 8 but will wrap it up with a 7 due to the ending.
FinalFlash18Jul 28, 2017 7:44 AM
Oct 22, 2017 4:08 PM

Apr 2012
>kanzaki in space
purdy gud

Story was phalluses but felt vaguely Macrossy with good visuals and action, enjoyable enough.
Oct 25, 2017 6:56 AM

Nov 2015
A battle in space! Holy Sh*t! EPIC
Too bad there were tons of content crammed into 1 and 30 minutes.
The stage performances would have been beautiful if it weren't for Arisa being CGI (is that what its called?)
Was it too hard to draw a single girl dancing? Or maybe they didn't have enough money?
Anyway, the giant magic circle and Kanzaki in space were beautiful.
Accelerators awesome but feels like he got forced into the story this time.
Hey, just my opinion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» What happened to Arisa?

sudelikespotato - Jan 23, 2022

5 by DivineLion »»
Oct 24, 2022 11:53 PM

» Why is Touma hiding th fact that magic exists?

olha2 - Mar 23, 2015

5 by Laplace_kun »»
Jul 17, 2022 12:31 AM

» (Spoilers) Magical Index movie regarding Kanzaki

NightHawke68 - Feb 18, 2016

1 by Ljw »»
Jul 21, 2020 3:57 PM

» Does Misaka know Arisa from before the events of the movie? (spoiler maybe)

AnimeMangaGamer- - Sep 23, 2013

2 by Yuki_Haru2 »»
Oct 7, 2018 8:16 AM

» What do they hear at the end?

tsaavik - May 15, 2016

1 by edwarx »»
Oct 22, 2016 10:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.