Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2013 7:34 PM

Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What a dramatic ep.
Doushite, Picture-on-my-wall?!Douuushite?
So she wants to be independent from Daddy now?
Hmm, I guess it must really hurt to be the only one missing out like that...
But still, try not to be ungrateful!
Sep 15, 2013 7:10 PM

May 2012
Ah, I felt more bad for Jimmie since he cannot have some time with Judy. And poor Judy too. Missing out. Grrr, Daddy Long Legs!!!
Feb 2, 2015 1:59 PM

Aug 2013
Just because she can't go with them, Judy acts like it's the end of the world. Has she been such a selfish girl all this time?

Looks like Daddy is pretty jealous of Jimmie, things are getting intense! =))
Sep 11, 2017 3:02 PM
Aug 2014
Wouldn't say it's the end of the world, but John Smith has now twice in a row stopped Judy doing what she wanted to do because he (thinks he) knows better.

Wonder how long Judy will do everything John Smith says.
Jan 1, 2018 6:42 PM

Apr 2017
That is a very kinky title I must say
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Jun 2, 2019 6:07 AM

Apr 2013
Daddy long legs seem weirdly possessive trying to control Judy like that.
It's surely linked to his true identity.
Mar 11, 2020 6:42 PM

Nov 2016
Not that I expected something to happen between Judy and Jimmie, but now it's over for real. Good for Julia, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 25, 2020 3:35 PM

Sep 2011
Julia was really funny, trying to find out why Judy was so happy and pretty much inviting herself to go along when Jimmie was only trying to invite Judy. Poor Sallie was even caught in the middle and had her feet stepped on. xD But the way Julia tried her hardest to row was kind of endearing. Jimmie should probably look more at her because she is crazy about him. lol Now, I can't believe that Judy's Daddy Long Legs didn't let her go with them, especially after that second letter. It's not like she was going to spend her summer alone with Jimmie. Julia and Sallie would be there, and even Jimmie and Sallie's parents would be there. She just wanted to be with her friends and to feel the warmth of a family, and there was nothing wrong with it. It's not like it would get in the way of her studies like the part-time job did so it was really awful of him. He knows that she can't disobey him because she wouldn't even be able to finish her studies without him, but this is unfair. No wonder she took that drawing off from the wall and wants to be independent more than ever. He even sent a telegram instead of a letter to be sure that it would arrive in time to crush her hopes and joy without ceremony. That scene with Judy seeing them off in the rain was sad.
Oct 28, 2020 9:21 AM

Apr 2009
If you know the ending then all this makes sense. That's why I don't like the ending. Daddy is using his power over her and he knows that she cannot disobey him, whether when she tried to be independent or this time, when she could experience sth that she always wanted, the feeling of belonging somewhere and the warmth of a family and there was no real reason for him, as her GUARDIAN, to keep her from that experience. I didn't like how last arc resolved but this episode really was too much (again, if you know the ending, it seems that Daddy wasn't really thinking about her study but he wanted her to be dependent on him so that he could control her. That's not how a guardian is supposed to be. He should be supportive, not control her in that selfish way). I like the show, but I wished the ending was different, because it really left a bad taste in my mouth.

More topics from this board

» What do you think about the romance?

Teirayo - Oct 5, 2023

1 by kannysan34 »»
Oct 23, 2023 4:54 PM

Poll: » My Daddy Long Legs Episode 40 Discussion

Salmissra - Feb 27, 2013

26 by kannysan34 »»
Jun 10, 2023 12:55 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Ashinaga Oji-san Episode 29 Discussion

Mouse2010 - Jun 17, 2013

7 by AngelicTotoro »»
Jan 30, 2023 9:03 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Ashinaga Ojisan Episode 17 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - Aug 27, 2016

4 by AngelicTotoro »»
Jan 27, 2023 2:51 AM

Poll: » My Daddy Long Legs Episode 16 Discussion

Salmissra - Jul 30, 2012

9 by AngelicTotoro »»
Jan 27, 2023 2:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.