Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Sexless Friend Chapter 14 Discussion


#1
Feb 24, 2013 8:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 112900
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
What a talk on that Ferris wheel. I lol'd @ the 'no kiss' by sensei.

Meh @ the ending though. "Good Morning". That's it?
 
#2
Feb 24, 2013 9:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 390
Well, colored surprised. It ended with a non ending. Hmm... Wish it would have at least resolved it one way or the other. Some payoff is better than none after all that half hearted build up...
 
#3
Feb 24, 2013 9:30 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 11
Rageee... ending! the MC spent most of the manga time being close with the sensei, they shared feelings, stories, lovely moments,... And then 2 last chaps, MC ended with another girl WTF
Love is something built by both time and memories so its very awkward ending while the mangaka did not show any reasons why the READERS must chose the 2nd girl
The feelings I got after read it to the end is just unsatisfied, heartbroken, and a mysterious desire to kick in the MC's face
 
#4
Feb 24, 2013 9:44 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 3
vnmg said:
Rageee... ending! the MC spent most of the manga time being close with the sensei, they shared feelings, stories, lovely moments,... And then 2 last chaps, MC ended with another girl WTF
Love is something built by both time and memories so its very awkward ending while the mangaka did not show any reasons why the READERS must chose the 2nd girl
The feelings I got after read it to the end is just unsatisfied, heartbroken, and a mysterious desire to kick in the MC's face


I COMPLETLY agree with you. I thought it would be like a Toradora story but no. He goes and be wth the other person when the main characters are usually centered around the sensei and suo-kun. I was wry disappointed and angry.
 
#5
Feb 24, 2013 10:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 235
Rofl bad ending.

4/10
 
#6
Feb 24, 2013 10:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 271
Terrible ending.
 
#7
Feb 24, 2013 11:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 2316
DAFUQ? HOW? WHY? seriously that was terrible :/ just when i thought he finally choose Sensei
 
#8
Feb 24, 2013 11:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 25
I didn't mind him dating the classmate in the end, but everything points to his Sensei until the last couple pages. That definitely makes it one of the worst endings to a manga I've read, which is very unfortunate, because I found it such a nice manga up to this last chapter. :(
 
#9
Feb 25, 2013 1:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2974
To put it simply, I felt cheated.

Not even gonna bother getting upset over this.
 
Feb 25, 2013 2:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 565
-Quasar said:
To put it simply, I felt cheated.

Not even gonna bother getting upset over this.

this.
 
Feb 25, 2013 2:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 5438
Well, no sensei ending is a bad ending.
 
Feb 25, 2013 5:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1033
Like everyone else I what a stupid end.
After hoping that they would be together at the end it just ended with one big mess and a 'good morning' at the end which was kinda retarded. Now he has to do the whole thing all over again. What a way to end this I have no idea what the hell the author was thinking I feel cheated with a BAD END!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Feb 25, 2013 6:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1447
This felt like a bait and switch for me.
From beginning to end, they promised us a Sensei ending but then at the final chapter suddenly smack us in the face by ending up with the other girl while they run away with the promised plot.
Like everyone else here, I felt badly cheated.
 
Feb 25, 2013 6:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 20
it started out pretty good then ended really bad
 
Feb 25, 2013 8:30 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 17
I kind of wished I hadn't read the ending.

The story was pretty good up that that point.

That ending though...ugh....
 
Feb 26, 2013 1:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 110
i think i would of been happy with a more concrete ending, either choose the sensei or the friend `
 
Feb 27, 2013 12:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 220
Kung-Fu-Jesus said:
This felt like a bait and switch for me.
From beginning to end, they promised us a Sensei ending but then at the final chapter suddenly smack us in the face by ending up with the other girl while they run away with the promised plot.
Like everyone else here, I felt badly cheated.


I don't understand why you felt cheated? They promised Sensei was going to be a detour to the girl that he truly wanted to ask out. Therefore, the ending was to be expected. It was pretty much PERFECT! He finally overcame his fear to ask out whom he wanted to, and it ended up working out.

Edit: Seriously, you knew from title that Suou and Sensei were NEVER going to officially hook up.
Modified by SoftServe, Mar 6, 2013 10:37 AM
 
Feb 27, 2013 8:41 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 10
Metalmarsh89 said:
I didn't mind him dating the classmate in the end, but everything points to his Sensei until the last couple pages. That definitely makes it one of the worst endings to a manga I've read, which is very unfortunate, because I found it such a nice manga up to this last chapter. :(

So true
 
Mar 5, 2013 10:58 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 39
Tagredan said:
Wow, that was a bad ending. I wasn't expecting something great but still....


For sure that was such a shit ending..... its just another point that most Japanese don't know how to write a good ending.... god i loved this manga till the last few pages screwed it all up!!!!!!!!!!
 
Apr 8, 2013 11:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 222
Honestly I was hoping for a Toradora! ending as well with the Sensei, but I can agree half heartily agree with the ending. It wasn't what I wanted but it wasn't a terrible ending. MC got with the girl he wanted from the beginning and Sensei seemed to still be a good friend to all the characters. I do feel bad she didn't get the MC though.
 
Apr 9, 2013 3:49 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 3
I feel that the ferries wheel kiss, would have been a wonderful ending, but like everyone i feel like I read 10 chapters of crap just so they can ignore all of it and the MC goes with the other girl, very disappointed. This would explain why the Manga's rating dropped a lot after the ending came out but *Sad Face*
 
Apr 9, 2013 4:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 3828
Sigh...no sensei no happy end
 
Apr 10, 2013 8:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 8091
"Good morning you two."

So it's a Suou x Megumu ending eh. Suou and Mikoto started out as fake lovers, but broke up as real lovers. I can only hope Mikoto can find her happiness. I've come to like her a lot during my time reading this manga.

In the end it's a curveball rushed ending. Not very predictable, but also not a very popular decision (it got axed, after all). I don't hate it, I don't love it, but I find it bittersweet. Also, I can't say I didn't find any enjoyment from this manga as a whole.
 
Apr 15, 2013 8:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 176
worst ending na

 
Jun 3, 2013 9:25 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 3
Tsk... That twist...
Mina-san Ohaiyo!Konichiwa!Kombawa!
Boku Youtube channel desu! http://www.youtube.com/user/huixiang2000 ~~
(Don't blame me if i don't update this list)

 
Jun 3, 2013 3:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 67
Im not going to lie the ending was a bit lackluster but it was still a nice read though I really thought he was going to be with the sensei too give it a 7/10
Modified by Toshihiro_Chris, Jul 30, 2014 10:18 PM
 
Jun 17, 2013 12:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 313
Yeah, saw that ending right from the beginning but I do feel cheated. The fact the whole manga consisted of Suou and Sensei gave a false reality that Sensei was going to win.. Ahhhh, bad end IMO.
 
Jun 17, 2013 4:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2330
Atrocious ending.
UwU
 
Jun 19, 2013 11:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 173
i dont even...well shit...all the fellings ,fake dates,funny moments,being with her all day long , knowing her more ,even he was developing something for her ,but sweet lord 'good morning' that is all f@ck ,i wasted 3 hours with this manga i want it back >:(
 
Jun 28, 2013 8:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2483
The ending was a bit lame :/
It was good up until this point.... oh well, at least it didn't end like School Days...
 
Sep 19, 2013 1:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 142
WOOW. This had SOO MUCH Potential and it just died. 4/10.
Live, Laugh, Love.

 
Oct 1, 2013 9:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 127
If they made this manga longer and gave it a definite ending, I would have given it a straight up 10.

I was really hoping he'd end up with the teacher though. Poor Sensei T^T
"However, by that point you'll have been torn into pieces."
 
Oct 9, 2013 7:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2166
I personally wasn't that angry about the ending (though I did feel like it kind of ended abruptly). The characters were generally enjoyable. I wasn't expecting this to be a masterpiece or anything so it was ok for a quick read.
 
Dec 10, 2013 5:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4228
robinoreo said:
Rofl bad ending.

4/10


well, 4/10 not just for the ending but for the ...
i) bland characters
ii) only average story
iii) no efforts in creating sentimental drama
iv) overall no real new "twist" to the story
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
 
Mar 4, 2014 5:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 14
JkImpulse said:
Kung-Fu-Jesus said:
Like everyone else here, I felt badly cheated.


I don't understand why you felt cheated? They promised Sensei was going to be a detour to the girl that he truly wanted to ask out. Therefore, the ending was to be expected. It was pretty much PERFECT! He finally overcame his fear to ask out whom he wanted to, and it ended up working out.


This
 
May 26, 2014 9:29 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 6
Tis was bullshit. Even though they kinda pointed out in the title that it would end like this, tis is still bullshit.
Please excuse bullshit above:
This may be result of an Anime/Manga, or by haters like you, Thank you...
 
Jul 16, 2014 8:55 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 1
Definitely enjoyed the ending.It's highschool, and it's attempting to be more realistic than other cliche harem anime.

Ending up with sensei would've included a whole variety of problems, while ending up with Kizaki doesn't exactly conclude with marriage. Most likely, none of them ended up together. Happy endings are for stories that haven't ended.
 
Jul 25, 2014 9:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 1834
I don't know how to put this. but I think the MC was a total stupid from the first time, leave the opportunities to get to close with kizaki then run over to the sensei. and I also hate how Kizaki act, she's too dumb to realize what MC think.
everyone has it own fear, but I think I shouldn't turn to be as bad as this.
 
Aug 6, 2014 10:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 430
That ending.. Why? I mean it felt like all that time reading this manga was a waste of time.

But I guess everything is good except the ending 7/10
Recommend me an anime
 
Sep 1, 2014 11:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 986
Lol, a lot of hate for the ending? Now, lets talk seriously. Why not for once you put your shoes on them? They try to overcome their problem by being close towards each other. So, that when they found their partners, they can be a better person. They did mixed up their feelings but able to deal and talk things trough, and decide to choose the best course of action.

In other words, they didn't succumb to their feelings towards each other even though it was mutual. And I'm really glad MC and sensei didn't get together. Why? Otherwise, I can guarantee you that their relationship will be fall short. JUST TAKE A LOOK AT "THE TOWN WHERE YOU RAGE!" for example. That's what happens when the guy follows his dick rather than his head :)
 
Oct 21, 2014 5:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 12792
All the Hime x Suou development down the drain. Do any of you guys defending this series truly believe the past 10 or so chapters are developing their characters? NO! The author was developing the romance between them obviously.

Meh ending to a meh series.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
 
Dec 29, 2014 5:52 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 148
wtf kinda ending was that. so fuking useless and why bring up kizakis trauma if you didnt really tell us wat it was i mean u can infer but i feel like it was stupid he should have stayed with sensei and are kizaki and him even going out or are we supposed to just make our own assumptions man this started off great and then i feel like it was a shity ending.
 
Jan 17, 2015 4:30 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 2186
So he ended up with Kizaki... Well, I can't say I had a favourite or that I expected one ending or another, so it wasn't such a bad ending for me. I guess if you let it surprise you and don't make any assumptions it's fine. But I do think that all the development between Suou and sensei was lost, alongside with a lot of potential.
 
Feb 24, 2015 11:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 4833
SoftServe said:
Kung-Fu-Jesus said:
This felt like a bait and switch for me.
From beginning to end, they promised us a Sensei ending but then at the final chapter suddenly smack us in the face by ending up with the other girl while they run away with the promised plot.
Like everyone else here, I felt badly cheated.


I don't understand why you felt cheated? They promised Sensei was going to be a detour to the girl that he truly wanted to ask out. Therefore, the ending was to be expected. It was pretty much PERFECT! He finally overcame his fear to ask out whom he wanted to, and it ended up working out.

Edit: Seriously, you knew from title that Suou and Sensei were NEVER going to officially hook up.


Yes and at the start, hime sensei has a fiancé. Suou is atleast consistent at the end, going out with the girl he likes. Great ending and also because it did not end up like that stupid toradora. :)
 
Jul 31, 2015 9:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4607
I'm a Kizaki shipper, but the way the author handle the romance was shit.
All the development belongs to Sensei and the mc. I really feel bad for sensei.

3/10
 
Oct 25, 2015 11:17 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 1528
blessofcurse said:
I'm a Kizaki shipper, but the way the author handle the romance was shit.
All the development belongs to Sensei and the mc. I really feel bad for sensei.

It had so much potential and we get this ... at least the art is good.
 
Aug 20, 2017 3:25 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 5
Bad end.

feelsbadman :(
 
Top