Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2008 2:58 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They...
THEY KILLED BIG TITS!
Apr 9, 2009 11:13 PM

Oct 2008
What a brutal episode. The show is certainly getting on with it. I've never thought Buddhist statues could appear so ugly and evil till I saw this episode.
Aug 21, 2009 12:22 PM

Jun 2009
Today I've learned from Gantz that before a liquid in the air falls to the ground; you can jump front, turn back and say something, then jump front again to protect the one you love and confess.
Oct 24, 2009 8:36 PM

Oct 2009
Solskin said:
Today I've learned from Gantz that before a liquid in the air falls to the ground; you can jump front, turn back and say something, then jump front again to protect the one you love and confess.

But you mustn't use this time instead to simply push him out of the way saving you both.

Oh and for some reason Katou was stuck in another temporal dimension where time runs a lot slower so he couldn't simply move out of the way himself.

Honestly what was the point of building the side stories of several characters only to have
Mar 29, 2010 5:39 PM

Feb 2010
FINALLY! Kishimoto does the most useful thing she's ever done. Sadly, that's not saying much. I mean, sure, she coulda simply pushed Katou out of the way and save both their asses, but nooooo! She has to freaking stand in front of him and die. And what does that accomplish? Katou becomes even more useless (if that's possible) and causes Kurono to also almost die, too. Gee, she's useful, if only for a living shield. -_-
I think it's official, eh? Kei Kishimoto = most useless anime character ever.
Oh, and too bad about Sodakko... I was beginning to like her, actually. She was pretty cute.
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Apr 6, 2010 8:15 PM

Oct 2008
Solskin said:

I lol'd. Poor Sadako though. She was cute.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 11, 2010 6:17 PM

Mar 2010
Well this mission is going to hell quickly. I guess it goes to show how brutal Gantz's scheme is. Many people seem to be unsatisfied with the death of main characters, but honestly this is the best episode so far in this series IMO.

Aug 6, 2010 12:39 PM
Nov 2009
This may be too much for me lol
Aug 13, 2010 5:24 PM

Mar 2010
Wow the second season is so much better because they are actually doing something. It looks like Kei is going to die too.
Aug 17, 2010 5:43 PM
Aug 2010
I'd go as far as to say that this is the most moving Episode in an Anime that I've ever seen.
Aug 27, 2010 12:56 PM
Apr 2010
OH SH@$! Epic Kick,I kind of Lol'd at the way he died >.<
Gantz - "It's a temple, so you might as well say "Namu Amida butsu!" :)" lol funny guy
Finally big tits is dead..dam she was annoying.I wonder why she stood there like 5 seconds? Couldn't she just push Kato and both live? o_O
Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 27, 2010 2:30 PM
Jun 2010
Poor fag and Sadako. All the other 4 guys with the suit grouped together and they only fought 1 alien. haha
Sep 22, 2010 7:45 PM
Jun 2010
the fuck ? now Big Tits dies ? what's the point of watching Gantz if Big Tits is no longer there. Well there's still her other-self...

Nov 6, 2010 7:58 PM

Nov 2009
That was awesome. So much packed into this episode it is amazing. Was very sad at fag's and Sadako's death. =( Don't care about kishimoto, but i think the other-self part will make things interesting. (Masterpiece 10)
Dec 11, 2010 1:31 AM

Jan 2010
and why did kei's leg start disappearing? anybody got an answer for that?
Mar 11, 2011 6:02 AM

Aug 2009
Yay, they're killing the whole cast! \o/
Apr 2, 2011 9:36 AM
Mar 2011
Gantz is really a masterpiece in the way that you grow to hate the characters so much that you want them to die. Then they are actually killed and you feel sad.
Jun 4, 2011 3:21 AM

Apr 2009
Aniki1990 said:
FINALLY! Kishimoto does the most useful thing she's ever done. Sadly, that's not saying much. I mean, sure, she coulda simply pushed Katou out of the way and save both their asses, but nooooo! She has to freaking stand in front of him and die. And what does that accomplish? Katou becomes even more useless (if that's possible) and causes Kurono to also almost die, too. Gee, she's useful, if only for a living shield. -_-

Cant help but agree there. But that's probably Miss Melons only use anyway. XD

Damn Kurono's about to follow her...Well anyway the fag may have turned out straight in the end with Sadako isn't he? XD

Algazero said:
and why did kei's leg start disappearing? anybody got an answer for that?

Yeah I kept wondering about that too. That's one super alien corrosive there.

Rob3rt said:
Gantz is really a masterpiece in the way that you grow to hate the characters so much that you want them to die. Then they are actually killed and you feel sad.

I LOLed in here too. Seriously.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 22, 2011 9:56 PM

Sep 2009
That scene with Hojo and the girl from the Ring was actually much better done here then in the manga.
Oct 24, 2011 3:24 AM

Jul 2009
Following this season, there should have been massive crowds of people out there destroying buddhist statues.

Aniki1990 said:
I think it's official, eh? Kei Kishimoto = most useless anime character ever.
Oh, and too bad about Sodakko... I was beginning to like her, actually. She was pretty cute.

The only 'realistic' reason i can think of, is massive doses of adrenalin. I mean massive, enough to kill anyone over a longer period than a few minutes.

And Kurono's leg seem to be disappearing at a rather slow rate, but that doesn't change the fact that it is.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jul 13, 2012 3:18 PM

Aug 2011
First - Kishimoto has the time to run in front of Katou and hug him, but doesn't have the time to push him away.

Second - Oh, let's just waste some more time until Kei-kun's leg disappears and he bleeds to death, instead of trying to kill the statue.
Oct 25, 2012 8:18 AM

May 2012
Damn to lose a main character is quite sad even if she didn't do shit and was here only for the big tits she was still quite nice to see in the episodes!
Oct 31, 2012 3:03 PM
Oct 2012
Amazing episode, Sad that "the fag" and Sadaako died though, they were great characters.
Dec 3, 2012 5:17 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah Kishimoto should have pushed him away. But you know how animes do it, they love making melodramatic slow motion scenes.

Though I wish we got to know about Sadako more. -sigh-
Feb 11, 2013 6:32 AM

Jan 2012
Kishimoto finally did something useful - she was a shield. What worries me is what will happen to Kei, he's the only character keeping the show interesting.

Jun 6, 2013 10:54 AM

Apr 2008
Ah dammit, Big Titz is dead :(
I was hoping Kei would get to do her at some point :P

Sep 20, 2013 7:18 PM

Jan 2011
Ayame0126 said:
Yeah Kishimoto should have pushed him away. But you know how animes do it, they love making melodramatic slow motion scenes.

It would have been perfectly fine to push him away, but not having enough time to get out of the way herself. There, melodramatic slow motion scene and Kishimoto would still be dead, so the story wouldn't have to be changed.

But this? Nope.
Oct 1, 2013 10:17 AM

Nov 2011
Kishimoto is useless till the end, she should have pushed katou instead of running around to his front and talk to him. Those actions caused her to die and Kato became more useless than he already was and thanks to that Kurono lost his leg and arm and I sure hope that he doesn't die because he is the most worthy to be the last man surviving.

I only feel sad for sadako because she was cute and the homo was probably the most useful character after Kurono and the sniper.
Dec 27, 2013 7:46 AM

Jul 2013
Well logic in that episode was rather questionable. I feel so sad for the homo and his stalker (Finally we got to see how cute she was and started cheering up for them).

Hope Kei survives, otherwise I'll be mad!
Jun 2, 2014 8:12 PM

Sep 2011
Aniki1990 said:
FINALLY! Kishimoto does the most useful thing she's ever done.

Well she could have used that time a little better to be honest...

And holy shit, Gantz isn't as predictable as I thought! Didn't expect such a massacre with the main cast!
Jun 20, 2014 10:54 PM

Jun 2009
It's cute how the two guys without suits are planning on meeting.

I'm so upset over fag's and ring-girls' deaths. :'(

And Big Tits? Nooooooo.
Jul 25, 2014 7:13 PM

Jun 2014
fuck noooooooooo The movie star and his stalker died :'(
But wait! Gantz didnt mark through Kishimoto's pic to declare her dead yet though.....
Aug 13, 2014 10:06 PM

Mar 2012
Katou-kun, Katou-kun... let that loser die already.
Feb 1, 2016 12:03 PM

Sep 2012
Terminaato said:
First - Kishimoto has the time to run in front of Katou and hug him, but doesn't have the time to push him away.

Second - Oh, let's just waste some more time until Kei-kun's leg disappears and he bleeds to death, instead of trying to kill the statue.

This to the millionth power.
Feb 3, 2016 2:02 AM

Aug 2013
I didn't care about Kishimoto dying. I'm more depressed about Stalker Girl.
Mar 5, 2016 3:18 PM

Jan 2008
Kato is the worst character ever!!! If it wasn't for him I swear so many characters would have lived!!

Also what was with the splitting up? Would it have made more sense if 3 suits went one side and 3 the other rather than 2 and 4?
Aug 14, 2016 8:21 AM

Aug 2014
WHY DID THE MODEL DUDE AND HIS STALKER DIEEE I WANTED TO SEE THEIR RELATIONSHIP PROGRESS OF SORTS.

Also, I really like Sei. She's so badass but also has a huge crush on Kei its so cute
Xtina is my mother!
Oct 14, 2017 11:09 PM

Jun 2013
To be honest, Kishimoto's death didn't affect me. I do ship her hard with Katou but with her out of the way, Kurono can finally grow and become a better character. He turns into such a fucking asshole when she's around.

Masanobu Hojo and Sayako's/stalker girl's death affected me more. :( I wanted them to live on and become a couple, they're my second OTP. Too bad. Anyways, I'll be THAT assfuck jerk who keeps saying, "the manga is better" because it is.

Ugh, in the manga, Kishimoto appeared randomly in front of Katou but in the Anime she stood there for an eternity without pushing him. That's why I think her death is stupid.

臭い-
Aug 18, 2018 3:51 AM

May 2016
Seriously that girl was useless as Sakura, she was only getting in the way I wonder if that statue’s watch is its weakness.
Oct 21, 2019 6:09 PM

Jan 2018
This was so fucking crazy. Big titz is dead, Sadeko and the gay guy are dead, and Kei is dying... everything's just gone to shit and I doubt many people are making it back.
Aug 6, 2020 3:15 PM

Nov 2015
Wow did not see that coming. Killing of one of the main protagonists. Gantz is quite unpredictable in that matter.
Feb 9, 2023 3:02 AM
Dec 2017
This was the stupidest thing I've ever watched in my life. I almost regret going back to watch this show. I don't understand why Kishimoto didn't just push Kato out of the way. Plus, that monologue was so terribly long. "Oh, I love Kato. I don't mind dying with him." JUST FREAKING PUSH HIM OUT THE WAY! They BOTH could have lived! I mean holy fucking shit... I don't think the end of an episode has ever completely ruined things for me but THIS...fucking stupid. Despite initially liking the show when I watched it years ago as a young teen, I've been slowly losing my patience with the characters after starting it back up as an adult. This episode made me lose my fucking shit, crying and laughing because the characters are so painfully idiotic.
Jun 13, 2023 10:00 AM
Dec 2015
rip to the homo and stalker :( Kishimoto's death could've easily been prevented 
Sep 5, 2023 11:14 AM

Nov 2010
I love the sniper guy. He gets the job done.
I'm sad Sadako died. She was the prettiest among the female leads. What a waste!
Sei is so hot, and she has nice moves!
Kishimoto's death was dumb. Haha
Wow, what an intense episode. I hope Sei survives. We are losing the waifus of the show, dammit!
What's up with this mission? Why is it ultra-hard with two bosses, and the last one is so OP and can regenerate? Gantz is pissed off for some reason.
Feb 10, 8:08 AM

Jan 2020
The award for the funniest death goes to that engrish martial arts guy.....

I know Kishimoto would be dead at some point but I think this is a little ahead of the schedule that I was expecting....

I assume Sei would be next on the chopping block....

Sniper guy still alive tho....

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gantz - Second Stage Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

naikou - Aug 1, 2008

140 by Randomega »»
Feb 11, 12:31 AM

Poll: » Gantz - Second Stage Episode 12 Discussion

Fentastic - Dec 8, 2008

29 by Randomega »»
Feb 11, 12:01 AM

Poll: » Gantz - Second Stage Episode 11 Discussion

Fentastic - Dec 8, 2008

29 by Randomega »»
Feb 10, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Gantz - Second Stage Episode 10 Discussion

Fentastic - Dec 8, 2008

26 by Randomega »»
Feb 10, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Gantz - Second Stage Episode 9 Discussion

Fentastic - Dec 8, 2008

41 by Randomega »»
Feb 10, 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.