Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 26, 2013 5:20 AM

Apr 2011
In the AMV Mogyutto -love- de Sekkinchu, Nico is wearing bunny ears and a maid costume! XD
Feb 26, 2013 6:01 AM
Feb 2012
Gotta catch 'em all!
Feb 26, 2013 9:30 AM

Aug 2008
Is it just me or the BGM for this episode suddenly went all amazing? Or maybe I was just moved by the mood.

Amazing episode. Without doubt the hard-to-beat best episode so far.
Feb 26, 2013 1:33 PM

Jul 2012
This show is so fun :D But this dance at the end was akward as hell :P
Feb 26, 2013 2:34 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I know this is somewhat off topic, but how does "Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 0" tie in with this and is there an entry for it someplace already? Is that the "PV" some of you have been referring to?
Feb 26, 2013 3:16 PM

Oct 2011
I love this Anime so much!!! There isn't one girl I don't like in the group.

Didn't think another idol anime would top Idolmaster but I have to say this one is simply amazing.

*shoutout to Rin, the funniest & cutest idol ever*
Feb 26, 2013 4:03 PM
Dec 2008
Sooo next episode will be about Minalinsky?
Feb 26, 2013 4:55 PM

Aug 2008
Cratex said:
I know this is somewhat off topic, but how does "Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 0" tie in with this and is there an entry for it someplace already? Is that the "PV" some of you have been referring to?
Episode 0 is basically like an infodump of the whole Love Live! franchise/project/whatever you wanna call it. It gives you some information of how it all started with its first animated PV and single, how they've expanded to 16 CDs as of now, and how they've done activities that involve the community, from fan polls, livestreams, etc. Then it introduces all 9 members with information everyone should know by now if you're caught up with the show. After that, it talks about the live events and concerts and it actually shows footage from multiple shows the group put on. After that, they showed the first PV of the anime and that's really it.

edit: holy shit, them poll results. Almost as awe-inspiring as iDOLM@STER's ep20 poll results. lol
Feb 26, 2013 5:07 PM

Nov 2010
Aww, cute episode.
Feb 26, 2013 7:27 PM

Jun 2012
Great episode!

Haha, she gave in to peer pressure.
5/5.

Feb 26, 2013 7:45 PM

Sep 2012
xlGBLlx said:
5/5.
That was more like nudging than pressure. I'd say she gave in to her inner craving and be honest to herself. The presence of the group was more to bolster her courage to make the choice.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 26, 2013 10:43 PM
Sep 2012
ThangLong said:
I think we have a different idea of what a leader is. For me, Nozomi's work is similar to that of an adviser. Think of it in term of military operation. Advisers are the ones that strategize but lack power and charisma. Ultimately, it's up to the commander to execute the strategy. Applying that analogy here, Nozomie maybe the wisest member of the group but guiding and nudging behind the scene is not leading. Nozomi has an idea of what μ should look like, but her plan is up for nothing if Honoka did not lead the whole gang for the recruitment of Niko and Eri.
I think of Honoka as the "official leader" while Nozomi as the "real leader".

Honoka doesn't really lead the group -- it's more like she suggests things and everyone just follows. Her lack of leadership is the reason why we had an entire episode dedicated to finding a new leader - only for everyone to keep things the way they are since they couldn't agree on one and it's working out fine right now. Even Honoka said at the end of the episode that they really don't need a leader. Whether Honoka will step up more in the future remains to be seen, but I consider Nozomi more of the leader of the group than Honoka.
Feb 27, 2013 12:26 AM

Dec 2012

You're questioning my authority xD

AiCon, I believe there is no "official leader" of the group. Honoka said that much in ep. 6. Niko is the president of the club, so on paper, she is actually the closet person to "official" leader, even though she has no real power since people ignore her initiatives most of the time. I really feel sorry for Niko but unfortunately, her "charm offensive" does not work on girls :D. If not for Honoka pulling the girls along, Niko has high risk of being rejected

Honoka is actually the "real leader." At the end of ep. 6, everyone acknowledged as much. The reason they were looking for a leader is because Honola never claimed to be one and had no intention to do so. But that does not matter, "real leader" does not need to be written on paper. A person that commands respect, and whose opinion is valued the most is the "real leader." In the case of Honoka, people gravitate toward her in times of crisis (look at the concert scene in ep. 3) or when they need someone making a decision (look at their discussion about Eri in this ep.). µ is more or less built in Honoka's image: a spontaneous group the focus on 'fun', rather then meticulous and stiff if Umi, Eri, or Maki is the leader. Her goal (saving the school) is the group's goal even though some people may not share it as strongly as Honoka. Without Honoka, do you think µ would be the group it is right now? At the core, it is a collection of strongly opinionated individuals with vastly different perspectives. So without the center that everyone gravitate toward, it will fall apart.

Nozomi's contributions to the group up until now are naming it and nudging Niko and Eri behind the scene. She certainly can give the group good advises and discipline them using her "punishment." But it's not to the extent of a leader that Honoka is.
ThangLongFeb 27, 2013 12:31 AM
Feb 27, 2013 1:04 AM
Sep 2012
Niko is the "official leader" on paper since she's the president of the club. I think that in reality, there is no one single leader; that Honoka and Nozomi are the actual leaders of the group. It's true that there wouldn't be a group without Honoka since she's the most energetic one of the group and that everyone in the group do see her as a leader. I also think that Nozomi is a leader since she has done all those things behind the scenes and everyone (including Honoka) look to her on what to do when there's a problem.
Feb 27, 2013 1:07 AM

Dec 2012

Eri is a real hard-to-get but considering who her Seiyu is, Nanjou Yoshino, it was all worth it. Nanjou is the vocalist for the band fripSide. And for anyone who just got into anime ;), this is one of their song:

Her star power is definitely an add bonus for μ :D
I also found an amazing piano solo of the song Star Dash

Feb 27, 2013 1:18 AM
Sep 2012
I didn't know that she was part of the band that sung the OP for Toaru Kagaku no Railgun. Can't wait for a season 2. I know Nanjou Yoshino from Robotics;Notes and Morita-san wa Mukuchi. She's pretty good in those roles. I hope that she gets more roles like those in the future.
Feb 27, 2013 1:20 AM

Sep 2012
I knew about Nanjou Yoshino because of her singing as part of fripSide which of course was particularly known for the OP of Railgun. Nanjou is definitely a veteran, though relatively little known.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 27, 2013 1:39 AM

Dec 2012
I think fripSide also sings for Railgun 2 as well. They are an indie band that is pretty popular in Japan. Another song, guess which anime it came from ;)

I listen to this days on end. Love Live! has such quality music and musicians!

@Aicon: the group dynamic is still shaping at this point. So maybe what you said, that Honoka and Nozomi become co-leader, will be apparent in future episodes :)
Feb 27, 2013 1:46 AM

Sep 2012
ThangLong said:
I think fripSide also sings for Railgun 2 as well. They are an indie band that is pretty popular in Japan. Another song, guess which anime it came from ;)
I think the title of the song gave away the name of the anime: Hayate no Gotoku the movie, right? And yes indeed fripSide will sing the OP for Railgun2 as well. I am sure it is what the fans want. It is quite amazing how fripSide got much more successful after having Nanjou as the vocal.

And by the way fripSide used to be indie but now it is under Geneon Universal Entertainment.

Feb 27, 2013 1:51 AM

May 2011
Oh wow, this episode was nothing short of amazing. Can't remember the last time I've experienced such a heartwarming moment in an anime. ;_;
Feb 27, 2013 5:49 AM

Dec 2012
symbv said:

And by the way fripSide used to be indie but now it is under Geneon Universal Entertainment.

Wow, glad that they got picked up by a major recording label. And yes, that is the song from Hayate called Heaven is a Place on Earth
Feb 27, 2013 6:02 AM

Sep 2012
ThangLong said:
Wow, glad that they got picked up by a major recording label. And yes, that is the song from Hayate called Heaven is a Place on Earth
I think fripSide got under a major recording label since Nanjou joined in 2009. And the first single with Nanjou "Only My Railgun" was released by Universal.

Feb 27, 2013 11:49 AM

Oct 2011
Cute episode! Awesome to see the group finally complete. Hoping the school doesn't close.
Feb 27, 2013 1:18 PM
Feb 2012
Aah that song got me pumped! Love that show, head over heels with it. <3
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 27, 2013 4:07 PM

Jan 2012
at least the muse is in 9 people.. wooooooot the first concert!!!!! i almost scream in my room alone lol
Feb 27, 2013 7:32 PM

Nov 2007
LOVED IT! Is it sad that idol is becoming one of my favorite genres? Eri was so pretty in this episode and I gained so much respect for her too :D

Also, AWR YEAH FIRST PV I can't wait to see how they incorporate the others

Feb 27, 2013 9:11 PM

Sep 2011
bippo said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
GROUP COMPLETED

ohshit 1st single PV

Only true followers can understand the greatness of this episode. Holy shit, 1st single PV!!

Chill...!!!
Feb 27, 2013 10:16 PM

Apr 2011
symbv said:
xlGBLlx said:
5/5.
That was more like nudging than pressure. I'd say she gave in to her inner craving and be honest to herself. The presence of the group was more to bolster her courage to make the choice.

It's like Umi, isn't it? At front, or at first she's against school idols but deep inside she wants to be one. :)
Feb 27, 2013 10:28 PM

Jan 2011
it was a Great episode
Feb 28, 2013 11:07 AM

Jan 2013
nice song and dance ^^
Feb 28, 2013 5:21 PM

Jun 2011
gintoke-sama said:
it was a Great episode

^ this. The cards say the next episodes are also awesome with nice music <3
I'm feeling thank you
Mar 2, 2013 3:45 PM

Oct 2007
always brings a smile to my face this group :)
Mar 3, 2013 12:59 AM

Jan 2010
I think the dance sequences are much better than idolmaster.

The songs are good, but lack of variety. Most of them falls in the upbeat category.
polke45Mar 3, 2013 1:44 AM
Mar 4, 2013 5:56 PM

Aug 2011
Wow, uplifting ep! There are finally nine and it looks like its working out smoothly for them so far.
Mar 5, 2013 4:52 PM
Nov 2011
You know, even if they did save the school by end of first 'season' a second season could just repeat the theme again... What is it about this show that is so likable?
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Mar 22, 2013 1:59 AM
Mar 26, 2013 11:21 AM

Dec 2011
So it was Nozomi who came up with the name?
Her and her cards that rule her life.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 9, 2013 7:24 AM

Oct 2012
The nine singing goddess, µ's

Glad to see all of them now
Go µ's, save the school!!

Next ep, maid cafe's service XD
"Signature removed"
May 15, 2013 8:34 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode that brings to an end a long journey for the μ's, the timing was excellent, nothing rushed. The growth of the girls took place gradually and gave the audience time to adapt to changes in the group! Very nice to have the first taste live at the end of the μ's full. The technical sector has become qualitatively superior compared to what we saw in the first PV! What a difference! O_O

symbv said:

Sep 16, 2013 6:26 PM

Feb 2013
That Nozomi is a crafty one.

The performance was ok, but I thought it lacked the "impact" they were trying for.
Sep 25, 2013 5:45 AM

Jan 2013
Finally a full group. Nice episode.
Dec 2, 2013 12:59 PM
Feb 2012
The fuck? Worse episode until now. Erichi didn't act natural at all. She changed her mind way too easily. Hope they give more insight into her past later.
Feb 14, 2014 10:07 PM

Sep 2013
polke45 said:
I think the dance sequences are much better than idolmaster.

^Yup. The effect is by far more noticeable here, and seems to be more of an overall important aspect of the show as compared to the dance sequences in idolm@ster (arguably though, idolm@ster never really bothered to highlight this).
Apr 9, 2014 7:21 AM

Mar 2014
awesome episode now the group is complet
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2014 11:04 PM

Nov 2012
Eri gave in way too suddenly lol.
May 18, 2014 1:52 PM

Jun 2013
Nozomi is my new favorite character.
Jul 7, 2014 12:51 AM

Dec 2008
I'm watching the episode and I don't really understand why Umi-chan cares about their dancing skill so much.
Great dancing (and singing) aren't even really that important to being an idol lol.
Some of the most popular idols in the real world dance and sing worse than the girls in this show.
What is really confusing me is why she is comparing them to a ballerina's dancing. Especially considering the ballerina dance is solo and not in sync with other members. They are completely different.
Jul 19, 2014 9:48 AM

Nov 2010
Nice, finally Eri is in too. now, let's save the school. :D
Aug 28, 2014 1:24 PM

Oct 2012
I love the pacing! There are no slowdowns on the road, they still going further with every ep.
They still have a long road ahead but it's fun watch them grow and I enjoy it everything!
Sep 2, 2014 5:41 AM
Aug 2013
This episode touched me
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

262 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Apr 22, 11:52 AM

» What's the watch order?

Kayroad - Dec 10, 2023

10 by October_Animate »»
Mar 16, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2013

120 by Needster »»
Feb 15, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2013

141 by firstamizade »»
Feb 3, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

bippo - Mar 17, 2013

128 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 7, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.