Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 24, 2013 5:21 AM
Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
GROUP COMPLETED

ohshit 1st single PV
Feb 24, 2013 6:13 AM

Sep 2012
I thought last episode is perfect but this episode is arguably even better. It is so touching and thrilling to see the student council president and vice president joining. We even get to see more of Eri-chika's sister (and Honoka's sister too) !! And what a surprise to see it linked to the 1st single PV. The familiar costumes now adopt a new significance, now knowing all the background behind the formation and completion of Mu's.

Go go go MU'S !!!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 24, 2013 6:50 AM

Nov 2008
Eri and Nozumi joining, about time.

I always liked the outfit from the 1st single PV, they were fitting on everyone, but I was also surprised the events from this episode led to the PV.

I hope this ends in MU's being very popular and the school not shutting down, if not now then I hope a S2 is made with this ending (it can be open ended or not since a manga does exist).

Feb 24, 2013 7:10 AM

Sep 2012
Hoppy said:
I hope this ends in MU's being very popular and the school not shutting down, if not now then I hope a S2 is made with this ending (it can be open ended or not since a manga does exist).
One thing to bear in mind is that the anime is different in a lot of things from the manga. For example, in manga Eri is a childhood friend to Honoka, Umi and Kotori; and Nozomi is not in student council and is a 2nd year student. So the manga cannot be a base for the anime.

Most likely the school will continue after favorable result from the Open Day, and then it is the Love Live tournament itself.

In the trailer, we can guess that before that the Malinsky mystery needs to be resolved X-D We already see Kotori having no problem with singing, dancing or stretching her body, so....

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 24, 2013 7:15 AM

Sep 2012
And time to share the PV of the 1st single (released in 2010 Aug... How time flies! )

We can see how much the character design and the CGI have evolved (and improved in my opinion). The position of the members is also a bit different in the TV.

I love how anime adopted bits and parts from the PV outside the dance itself, particularly the part where all the girls came and invited Eri to join. And here we can see the difference in the settings: In the PV as in the manga, Umi is a long-time friend of Eri so you saw Umi jumped to embrace Eri when she decided to join; whereas Umi and Eri were far from close at that moment.
symbvFeb 24, 2013 7:25 AM

Feb 24, 2013 9:20 AM

Apr 2010
It way really awesome to see their first live in this episode.
However i kind of still like the original PV more than the version in the anime.
but great episode, really!
Feb 24, 2013 9:39 AM

Dec 2012
No need for subs, only the headline deserves 5/5 for this ep. xD
Feb 24, 2013 11:38 AM
Dec 2009
I love this anime more and more (≧∇≦)and the next episode is the one I been waiting for since I found out Kotori is Minalinsky <3 I can't wait until next week!!
Feb 24, 2013 12:28 PM

Feb 2008
Simple word: Great episode !!! :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 24, 2013 4:54 PM

Apr 2011
Hot damn! They freakin' performed Bokura no Live - to Kimi no Live!

Seeing Ericchi all emotional surprises me. I lol at Eri getting spit on by the male Alpaca and Nozomi putting a spell on hamberger when she and Eri where eating it for the first time.

Erichi's imouto is soooooo damn adorable! XD

I hope she joins muse in the future.

Will comment more when the subs are out. While for that I'm gonna watch it again.

This anime is awesome!
MagitoFeb 24, 2013 5:01 PM
Feb 24, 2013 9:28 PM

Sep 2012
One thing I love the version in the anime compared to the 1st single PV is the character design. You can see how much it has changed when you do a comparison:

Feb 24, 2013 10:21 PM

Feb 2012
Glad all the girls are together now.

I thought the song was great but wasn't too thrilled with the cg. For me it just looked weird at times when they switched between 2d and cg during the performance. During the cg parts their movements looked so robotic.

That's really my only gripe with the show. Other than that I love it. Next week looks like a fun breather ep after all the practicing and drama with Eri.
Feb 24, 2013 10:26 PM

Dec 2012
Watching this ep raw makes me like Maki's voice more and more. Not since Kuroyukihime that a character's voice and mannerisms have such an effect on me
Feb 24, 2013 11:06 PM

Nov 2011
Oh what a thrilling opening in the beginning there..

Nice to see the team come together:

That song @ the end is funky. Good episode.
Feb 24, 2013 11:56 PM
Sep 2012
That was suspenseful in the beginning. They really trolled us into thinking that the school was about to close. It was pretty nice seeing things from Eri's perspective rather than the other people's view of her as being sort of an up tight girl. She'll make a fine addition to the group along with Nozomi. I think that it's safe to say that the real leader of the group is Nozomi. She's the one who's been influencing the group since the beginning and has been giving them advice ever since. She even came up with their name. Oh, and the song in the end was pretty catchy.

And with that - The group is now complete. Good episode. Good songs. Can't wait to see the girls dress as maids in the next episode.
Feb 25, 2013 12:37 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode.
Though, It's so moe. Almost overloaded with highschool girls and high pitches voices and singing.
Feb 25, 2013 12:49 AM

Aug 2012
Great way to complete the group. The cgi in the PV is terrible like always.
Feb 25, 2013 1:04 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Wow that was a heartwarming episode and I'm emotionally overwhelmed from watching their performance now that their group is finally complete! About time Eri & Nozomi joined. I loved seeing Eri getting along well with her fellow idol members.

Watching all 9 of them perform together brought tears to my eyes... :') Lovely!!
Feb 25, 2013 1:08 AM

Dec 2012
AiCon said:
I think that it's safe to say that the real leader of the group is Nozomi. She's the one who's been influencing the group since the beginning and has been giving them advice ever since. She even came up with their name.

No, I think her role was that of a producer/recruiter for the group. Honoka is the undisputed leader as you see in this episode when she single-handedly changed the group's opinion from rejecting Eri to accepting her. No only that, but all the group collective actions follow Honoka's lead.

I have a rough idea of each member respective role in the group:

Honoka: leader, mood facilitator
Kotori: Honoka's ditto second opinion, costume designer, dance move creator
Umi: lyric creator, practice spotter, dance move creator
Maki: music composer, vocal instructor
Niko: idol PR & marketing, dance move creator
Eri: dance instructor, dance move creator
Nozomi: producer, financial manager
Hanayo: enthusiastic follower
Rin: enthusiastic follower
Feb 25, 2013 1:49 AM

Sep 2012
Watched this episode for the THIRD TIME. Some more random comments:

- I can see more and more why Eri is billed right after Honoka making her 2nd in the credit order among the nine. From the position in the dance she is already like the double-center beside Honoka. I am sure she will play an more important role in the group's development in future.

- Again I have to say that the BGM is really spot-on in generating the right mood and atmosphere for the situation. I find the turning point moment to be much enhanced by the decision not to play any music when Eri was surprised by the eight girls standing behind her and inviting her to join MU'S. It also makes the use of atmospheric music later when she finally accepted the invitation to be more touching.

- Honoka again proves she is the key person of the group. Over the episode not once but thrice she went out of the way, and succeeded in bringing the rest of the group with her, to respectfully but also cheerfully and enthusiastically nudged Eri closer to accepting and eventually joining MU'S. (the first is she single-handedly persuaded the group to ask Eri to teach dancing; the second is she said thanks to Eri after a day of grueling basic skill practice when everyone was pretty pissed at Eri's aloofness and haughtiness, and again she keenly asked Eri to continue the practice the next day; the third is when she reached out to Eri to ask her to join MU'S as soon as she heard from Nozomi that Eri is interested in idols after all)

- Nozomi is the all-encompassing mother-figure as well as string-puller of all, taking care to observe when a girl needs some guidance or help and take time to provide assistance, but also having almost everything planned right from the beginning -- starting from the name of the group no less.

- From the positions of the full group in their first live, it seems they put all the best dancers at the front: Umi, Kotori and Eri, and added to them is the center Honoka.
symbvFeb 25, 2013 1:54 AM

Feb 25, 2013 1:52 AM

Sep 2012
The awesome moment when the group is complete and they perform together! :)
Feb 25, 2013 1:52 AM
Oct 2011
BrownSlush said:
Great way to complete the group. The cgi in the PV is terrible like always.

still better than the actual pv back then in 2010.
best CG overall for me is still the OP and kore kara no someday.
Feb 25, 2013 2:47 AM

Oct 2011
Shouldn't been watching it after Precure... but still those CG are better than other series this season.
So no big deal here

As this was great episode :)
making Eri more "human" or adorable was very nice here - especially when she starts to smile later. This was good.
Also that scene where she joins the team was great. Lack of BGM during it made it a lot more emotional (or simply better).

And since Nozomi joined them it seems that her "punishment" will be default form of motivating members here.
On the other side there weren't as many people watching them sing so I don't know how this matter will develop.
Feb 25, 2013 3:21 AM

Sep 2012
Now that we have all 9 girls in MU'S, I think it is time to post this pic that shows the seiyuu in this anime playing important roles in other anime this season. I believe almost all of them are relatively new in seiyuu career, and I hope that Love Live will help them to gain a head start in their path to be a successful seiyuu. Some of them I could not really make the link which just goes to show how a good seiyuu should be able to adopt different voices and sound techniques to act on different roles.

Feb 25, 2013 3:37 AM
Jul 2012
what are you guys talking about, this episode is beyond awesome, plus the last song is fucking great, perfect ed..yes this is probably my most favourite episode from the series :)
Feb 25, 2013 4:23 AM

Nov 2011
I thought it'd be a bit tougher to get Eri to join, oh well, epiphany saves the day.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 25, 2013 4:32 AM

Nov 2012
best episode of the series so far by a mile. it might even tempt me to up my score to an 8 because hot damn that was good. eri + nozomi are my favourite characters anyway and they got so much screen time & eri was being a proper little tsundere + she's so pretty + i love her. i was smiling all the way through from when eri joined up until the ED. i'm actually in awe at how much i enjoyed this episode. brilliant.
Feb 25, 2013 6:15 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, but it feels shallow for some reason.
It was quite entertaining though, I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 25, 2013 6:20 AM

Jun 2010
Is it just me or Umi had a small amount of screen time in that new song?

Oh well, nice episode good to see Eri finally joining the group.
Feb 25, 2013 6:46 AM

Apr 2011
Finally, the group is now complete!

The drama isn't force between Nozomi and Ericchi. I got surprise on how emotional Ericchi was. In the end, the student council members finally joined. When I knew their going to perform Bokura no Life, I was super excited! I had a big smile on my face.

Erichhi is one hot babe. A genuine blonde beauty that has bit of tsundere in her.

A great episode that deserves five stars.

Next episode, where gonna the girls in maid uniforms! Yes! We'll probably know Kotori's secret and probably see them perform Mogyutto "love" de Sekkinchu!
Feb 25, 2013 8:17 AM

Jun 2008
So finally the group is complete.
symbv said:
One thing I love the version in the anime compared to the 1st single PV is the character design. You can see how much it has changed when you do a comparison:

I don't know if i should consider that better or not. Also the whole dance thing seemed better in the PV.
Feb 25, 2013 8:29 AM

Sep 2012
^ At least for me, the face (shape and skin texture) and the hair looks better to me.
Also the PV may have more dance shown, but CG-wise the one in the anime looks better.

Feb 25, 2013 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
Good to see they got the full 9 members now... whats next? lwal.
Altho it feels like its being rushed in my mind they shouldn't have of just jumped 2 weeks ahead of time and just push out a song, doesn't really feel right in my mind oh well.

Great Episode Cant wait for the next episode.

PS. Looks like Perverted Nozomi is making a return next episode
Feb 25, 2013 9:03 AM

Dec 2012
Monad said:

I don't know if i should consider that better or not. Also the whole dance thing seemed better in the PV.

Video comparison:

ThangLongFeb 25, 2013 9:07 AM
Feb 25, 2013 11:14 AM
Nov 2012
So Nozomi planned it from the start!
Feb 25, 2013 12:56 PM

May 2012
uuh pv
Feb 25, 2013 1:05 PM

Aug 2008
This show is so underrated. I'm so glad that Eri and Nozomi finally joined. Speaking of Nozomi, who knew she had all this shit planned from the very beginning, from the name suggestion to the behind-the-scene planning to gather the right members. She da bes. x3

I'm also surprised that they decided to upgrade the very first music video for μ's by using the anime design for the open house performance and some scenes in the classroom. Overall, pretty enjoyable episode.
Feb 25, 2013 2:07 PM

Nov 2009
Monad said:
symbv said:

For me, the anime's version of the dance scenes looked better than the PV. XD
Feb 25, 2013 2:39 PM

Jun 2008
MagicFlier said:
Monad said:
symbv said:

For me, the anime's version of the dance scenes looked better than the PV. XD

I'm not talking about the looks of the CG engine. I'm talking about the dance itself. i the PV you can see their dance and synchronized movements more clearly. In the anime the kept close shots so you couldn't see how they all danced together etc. Also in te anime they it seemed like the other scenes took too much of time resulting in seeing very little from their actual performance.
Feb 25, 2013 2:45 PM

Jan 2011
Awww the yeah group is complete! Shake it girls!~
[center]
Feb 25, 2013 3:28 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I'm just happy a show about a song and dance group is actually a show about a song and dance group ;)
Feb 25, 2013 5:19 PM

Jan 2011
liked the song glad to see them all together now

WILL never get used to CGI but i guess i can live with that to me i kinda like the anime better but the PV is good too just some of the characters looked worst in it imo
Feb 25, 2013 6:25 PM
Dec 2008
Best episode!
Feb 25, 2013 8:04 PM

Sep 2012
Monad said:
I'm not talking about the looks of the CG engine. I'm talking about the dance itself. i the PV you can see their dance and synchronized movements more clearly. In the anime the kept close shots so you couldn't see how they all danced together etc. Also in te anime they it seemed like the other scenes took too much of time resulting in seeing very little from their actual performance.
I for one am glad that they show close-up of the faces. At the end we have the PV if we want to see the bigger picture of the dance (and it is also longer and covers the whole song) so I welcome the close-ups.

Feb 25, 2013 10:41 PM

Apr 2011
VioLink said:

Looking at every pv, that red costume is the best and really looks good on them too.

I just want to point it out that muse consist of all year levels, three 3 girls each from 1st to 3rd year. And each year level consist of one serious yet tsundere personalities, like Maki for the first year, Umi for 2nd year, and Eri for the 3rd years. Anyway, nothing important I just find it interesting to know.
MagitoFeb 25, 2013 10:47 PM
Feb 25, 2013 11:24 PM
Feb 2007
symbv said:
And here we can see the difference in the settings: In the PV as in the manga, Umi is a long-time friend of Eri so you saw Umi jumped to embrace Eri when she decided to join; whereas Umi and Eri were far from close at that moment.

Oho. That explains why Umi and Eri seemed very close in most of the PV's, I mean there were a couple of scenes with them together, so I thought at first in the anime maybe they would make Umi as the Vice President, then again they did not. Maybe their friendship will develop eventually in the anime. :3 Bwahaha I so have a new otp now; Eri x Umi ftw! >:D
Feb 25, 2013 11:55 PM
Aug 2011
Toujou proving herself as being best character once again.

Cgi is meh. Just ignoring it seems somewhat reasonable
Feb 26, 2013 12:01 AM
Sep 2012
ThangLong said:
No, I think her role was that of a producer/recruiter for the group. Honoka is the undisputed leader as you see in this episode when she single-handedly changed the group's opinion from rejecting Eri to accepting her. No only that, but all the group collective actions follow Honoka's lead.

I have a rough idea of each member respective role in the group:

Honoka: leader, mood facilitator
Kotori: Honoka's ditto second opinion, costume designer, dance move creator
Umi: lyric creator, practice spotter, dance move creator
Maki: music composer, vocal instructor
Niko: idol PR & marketing, dance move creator
Eri: dance instructor, dance move creator
Nozomi: producer, financial manager
Hanayo: enthusiastic follower
Rin: enthusiastic follower
Honoka is undoubtedly a leader in the group, though I still think that Nozomi is the true leader since she's the one who gave them ideas (which they followed), came up with their name (though anonymously) and has been guiding the group since the beginning. Honoka may be the selected leader of the group, but Nozomi is still the one who helps solve their problems and guides them every step of the way.
Feb 26, 2013 12:04 AM
Sep 2012
VioLink said:
If only they would put on some cat ears - then it would be perfect.

YES, I DO LIKE GIRLS WITH CAT EARS.
Feb 26, 2013 1:15 AM

Dec 2012
AiCon said:
Honoka is undoubtedly a leader in the group, though I still think that Nozomi is the true leader since she's the one who gave them ideas (which they followed), came up with their name (though anonymously) and has been guiding the group since the beginning. Honoka may be the selected leader of the group, but Nozomi is still the one who helps solve their problems and guides them every step of the way.

I think we have a different idea of what a leader is. For me, Nozomi's work is similar to that of an adviser. Think of it in term of military operation. Advisers are the ones that strategize but lack power and charisma. Ultimately, it's up to the commander to execute the strategy. Applying that analogy here, Nozomie maybe the wisest member of the group but guiding and nudging behind the scene is not leading. Nozomi has an idea of what μ should look like, but her plan is up for nothing if Honoka did not lead the whole gang for the recruitment of Niko and Eri.

AiCon said:
YES, I DO LIKE GIRLS WITH CAT EARS.[

Cat ears, rabbit ears, etc. I think this is Alice's in Wonderland theme :D
ThangLongFeb 26, 2013 1:21 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

262 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Yesterday, 11:52 AM

» What's the watch order?

Kayroad - Dec 10, 2023

10 by October_Animate »»
Mar 16, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2013

120 by Needster »»
Feb 15, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2013

141 by firstamizade »»
Feb 3, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

bippo - Mar 17, 2013

128 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 7, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.