Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Space Brothers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 23, 2013 8:28 PM

Jun 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Quite a way to introduce Mutta's next obstacle in becoming an astronaut. An astronaut with military experience who seems like quite the workaholic with a strict personality. Vincent Bold. Interesting name to say the least
Feb 23, 2013 8:37 PM

Jul 2010
That was greaaat!! Loved it so much. Wasn't so sure I'd like this whole astronaut training arc, but this introduction really hooked me. This is gonna be amazing as always, I'm sure :) Mutta allowing Kenji to stay with him was sweet, and earlier in the ep with Ena and her sister, Kei, was really adorable too :D

I DO NOT LIKE VINCENT BOLD. AT ALL. He just really pisses me off, lol. I can totes see problems between him and Mutta in the future ;)

Also, I want some more Mutta x Serika!! We've been missing those scenes for a while ^_^ They are so cute hehe.

Grr, Kenji really trolled me with his comment near the end! I want to knoww what he was going to sayy!! Uwaaa~ xD

5/5
Feb 23, 2013 8:42 PM

Aug 2008
Lol, Mutta got trolled 8) I like this Murasaki guy!

Oh my, this training is going to be tough! I bet Vincent Blod would be the most annoying character... unless he get some background story later.
Feb 23, 2013 9:00 PM

Feb 2010
Hahahahah at Mutta gettin' trolled. ".........j/k!"
Murasaki ftw.

This next arc is looking good. I have missed so much Mutta<3 and Serika!

Vincent Bold is laughably douche-y. lol
Feb 23, 2013 9:02 PM

Feb 2012
And why isn't Serika-san staying with Mutta?

Oh right, this is a good anime.
Feb 23, 2013 9:15 PM

Jun 2011
fishergirl16 said:
I DO NOT LIKE VINCENT BOLD. AT ALL. He just really pisses me off, lol.

Is it bad that I, kinda... like him? He's sorta badass, and I think Mutta need to do something great to impress him (as he said). I'm curious about what that will be.
Feb 23, 2013 9:26 PM

Feb 2010
Intereo said:
fishergirl16 said:
I DO NOT LIKE VINCENT BOLD. AT ALL. He just really pisses me off, lol.

Is it bad that I, kinda... like him? He's sorta badass, and I think Mutta need to do something great to impress him (as he said). I'm curious about what that will be.

I wouldn't say I like him.. but I kinda enjoy his douche quality... I think it's an interesting addition to the plot.
Feb 23, 2013 9:59 PM

May 2008
More MOre MOre MORE . Wow this show always seem to end so fast.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Feb 23, 2013 10:18 PM

Apr 2012
Vincent Bold is kind of right about Mutta... except that Mutta is not a lost cause!

I can't wait til next week. I feel that it was a mistake to catch up to the series...

And Mutta got trolled so bad in this episode lol.
Feb 23, 2013 10:41 PM

Feb 2013
i hope this comes to america so i can buy it but great ep by the way
Feb 23, 2013 10:54 PM

Oct 2011
Mutta is so funny,
Man I love this show!
Feb 23, 2013 10:56 PM

May 2009
Great episode. Vince Bold sounds kinda familiar. It reminds me of a particular analyst on a sports show...
Feb 23, 2013 10:57 PM

Oct 2011
IAtePringles said:
i hope this comes to america so i can buy it but great ep by the way

I heard it was licened in America/Canada by Sentai filmworks,...I haven't heard any news on weather it will be released though,chanses are it will be when it's done airing
Feb 23, 2013 11:28 PM

Jul 2011
Oh Mutta... I had to laugh when he got to Texas, with his cowboy hat, shades and jumpsuit... XD

Vincent Bold... I don't like him. I feel llike he'll be a character that Mutta will change though. :O

I want this to hurry up so I can meet the other astronauts!

Have to wait another week.

. _ .
Feb 24, 2013 12:38 AM

Jan 2011
I'm not impressed with Vincent Bold as a trainer. Since all of the candidates have passed some sort of selection process in their home countries you have to assume they have some capabilities. Prejudging them on the basis of a picture and a brief dossier is poor practice for any teacher or trainer. I get the impression that he just might be a little too rigid in his opinions. Fight-o Mutta--it looks like difficult times ahead.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 24, 2013 1:57 AM

Aug 2007
First part of the episode presenting the departure of Japanese female astronauts with their loved ones was rather mediocre. Slice of life in its pure form isn't my favourite cup of tea. What's worse we got the chance of learning something new onyly about Ena since scenes with Serika were began and ended at the dining table (as usual). Mutta making a complete fool of himself wasn't that good either. His eccentricity can be funny at times but him being a doctor of engineering shouldn't be as easily duped (I prefer when he does a Bruce Lee stance than when he believes everything he's told, especially if Murasaki who is known for being a prankster does the talking). Although Murasaki's prank wasn't that bad after all mainly thanks to the end of email and Kenji's role in it. His profound interpretation of this joke was the funniest thing of all :D.

Second part of the episode on the other hand left a very good impression. This new character has interested me from the start. Stoic as Nitta and serious as Azuma (and yet you instantly know he's different than the two) - that's quite a combination. And he's being dubbed by Kenjiro Tsuda who is perfect in that role. Also, Mutta is in his crosshair from the get-go which bodes well for the story.

Feb 24, 2013 2:10 AM

Sep 2012
You gotta love Murasaki-san. What a troll!
Feb 24, 2013 2:19 AM
Feb 2011
Bwhahaha, gotta love the 'wear your astronaut suit' prank. And here's one fool that got played completely at his first job with that same prank (except with a full suit for a desk job because 'clients' were coming). Loved it.

Also, looks like we're getting a female Indian astronaut! ^-^

I really didn't like the instructor though. Looking down on people and viewing most things as a waste of time. You can't enjoy life if you never stop and admire it for what it is.
Feb 24, 2013 3:31 AM

Apr 2012
>Mutta the only one in his jumpsuit
LOOOL

Another nice episode where we get to know the cast better: Ena and Bold of course. But what was Kenji trying to say to Mutta? Gotta love those tiny cliffhangers. And yes, the Indian recruit looks pretty hot.
Feb 24, 2013 3:59 AM

Nov 2011
LOL at Mutta getting trolled, it was nice to see Ena and Serika's family and Vincent Bold looks like someone who can incite some interesting events.

Mr. COOL cowboy, LOL

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 24, 2013 7:23 AM

Oct 2011
I expect a lot of fun from interactions between Mutta and Mr Bold. They are so incompatible.

But showing interactions with families was nice thing to do, especially with some background on Ena.
Feb 24, 2013 8:05 AM
Oct 2007
Mutta is going to have a tought time training under Sadaharu Inui
Feb 24, 2013 9:15 AM

Jun 2010
Bold is awesome, for me he just adds more comedy to the show, at least in this episode. The way he tries to be ahead of everything, constantly interrupting everyone is too funny.
(though driving like a madman will actually cut your life short lol)
Feb 24, 2013 10:26 AM

Jun 2010
LOL AT MUTTA'S SIGNATURE.
Feb 24, 2013 10:49 AM

Aug 2010
Loved it as usual :)

The family relations with Ena were nice since we didn't really know much about her :D

Murasaki trolling Mutta and Mutta using this as a chance to stand out was funny esp when he wore the cowboy hat XD

Nice to see Kenji living with him...if only he didn't troll us at the end hehe.

Vincent seems to be interesting...I can't wait til Mutta makes him his bitch hahaha XD
Well yeah, I'm interested in seeing Mutta change him. Wonder how Hibito dealt with him.

And finally, can't wait for the new recruits...that Indian babe looks quite hot :D
Feb 24, 2013 10:50 AM

Jul 2012
I want next episode now. I bet Mutta will have a fight with this blonde duschbag ;D
Feb 24, 2013 10:54 AM

Sep 2011
Bumped this show's total score from a 9/10 to a 10/10. It's worthy of it. Got to love it. Every Mutta interaction and comment just makes me smile. I even liked Ena's short story about leaving home. Her family reminds me so much of mine. Such a wonderful, realistic anime that always leaves me smiling. Oh, and of course, I loved how Mutta fell for that jumpsuit prank in the begining. "JK!" :D

Does anyone know how many episodes are expected to be pumped out from this series? I'm hoping that they'll go for more than a hundred! (Kinda being greedy. :P)
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Feb 24, 2013 2:05 PM
May 2009
I just realized that young Hibito and Ena share the same seiyuu, same with young Mutta and Serika. It's kinda funny.
Feb 25, 2013 12:35 AM
Nov 2008
Misiakk said:
I want next episode now. I bet Mutta will have a fight with this blonde duschbag ;D

If he made something like that he would get a free return ticket, that's for sure. Even better, if Mutta tried to start a fight Vincent would stop it before that with just the result I wrote, he's always a step ahead and Mutta is no exception.
Feb 25, 2013 5:24 AM

Jul 2012
_Legna_ said:
Misiakk said:

If he made something like that he would get a free return ticket, that's for sure. Even better, if Mutta tried to start a fight Vincent would stop it before that with just the result I wrote, he's always a step ahead and Mutta is no exception.

No i bet this blonde guy will get interested in Mutta after that fight. Because Mutta can do couple things at the same time as well. It was already shown couple times in anime. And this Vincent is bored, the part where he took this new guys for a ride and was disapointed by them show that he is looking for a challenge.
Feb 25, 2013 8:05 AM

Oct 2011
Great Episode. Hmm this Vincent Bold is giving me this iffy feeling. He appears to be an
... but maybe I will warm up to him.
Feb 25, 2013 6:31 PM

Jul 2009
Nice episode! Liked seeing some more of Serika and Kitamura ... the scene with her younger sister Kei was really sweet :') Their family is so awesome ... so Kitamura (or "Ena" now I guess) is the oldest sister huh? :P She DOES have that caring feel to her ... nice that her and Serika are such close friends :3
Omg WOW Mutta you actually wore the jumpsuit! XD Of course Kenji would see the JK at the end ... and put such a deep meaning to it WTF LOL XD I don't think Murasaki's that type of person ... XD
Vincent Bold huh ... he's ... interesting, to say the least o_O Nice car he has but crazy ... seems like he's obsessed with time lol. Cutting people off and just leaving ... although I wonder about why he brought TWO cups of coffee with him? Hmm ... doesn't seem like he's a chill guy either lol D:
MUTTA AND KENJI LIVING TOGETHER IS GONNA BE INTERESTING ;O I wonder what Kenji was gonna ask? Guess we'll find out next episode! :O
Can't wait to meet the other astronauts! THERE ARE CANADIANS HECK YEAH! ;P
Feb 26, 2013 8:31 PM

May 2011
It was nice getting to see more about Ena since I didn't have a good grasp of what her character was like. I loved what she had to say to her sister, one day I hope to find that one thing to be passionate about. :)

And poor gullible Mutta, at least he gave out a sweet autograph? XDD
Mar 2, 2013 2:37 AM
Nov 2008
Misiakk said:
_Legna_ said:
Misiakk said:

No i bet this blonde guy will get interested in Mutta after that fight. Because Mutta can do couple things at the same time as well. It was already shown couple times in anime. And this Vincent is bored, the part where he took this new guys for a ride and was disapointed by them show that he is looking for a challenge.

It's not that easy.
Also if you remember the training at NASA also include learing how to pilot a jet and that's a case where multitasking is heavily required even on an higher level Mutta is capable of.
Not to mention Vincent isn't the type to be impressed by a single thing.
Mar 2, 2013 7:57 PM

Feb 2012
Had plenty of laughs in this ep~
Can't wait to see Mutta and Bold face to face :D
Apr 11, 2013 9:25 AM
Aug 2011
"Univercity a Doctor of Engineering"
Apr 14, 2013 12:09 AM

Jan 2011
Vincent is such a troll with his "pedal to the metal", haha.
parfaited said:
"Univercity a Doctor of Engineering"

Also "Supercar Tokyo Co. Ltd." or something silly like that.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 21, 2013 4:12 AM

Feb 2011
As far as I know you're not allowed to bring any liquids inside the plane while traveling. Yet why did that oba-san have that drink with her ? -_-
Sep 29, 2013 11:38 AM

Jul 2013
Hilarious episode. I laughed out loud when Murasaki showed up in his casual wear and Namba saw him. Bold is already classic, and I LOVE LOVE LOVED Nanba's confidence in his cowboy hat and jumpsuit at the end, lmao. He was stylin' on Nitta 100 percent.
Oct 21, 2013 6:29 PM
Jan 2013
I bet Mutta won't be taken aback too much by that guy's driving, after riding with the fighter pilot. :)
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Mar 5, 2014 8:38 AM

Jul 2012
Man, I adore the female characters in this show. They're all so unique, strong, attractive, realistic and relatable, not like typical anime girls that are either tsunderes or some other kind of trope...

omg Vincent Bold...Is he a typical megane?

lol murasaki-kun... USA PYON.
Jul 28, 2014 5:38 PM

Nov 2011
Did I hear military style training? Oh boy, this Vince guy is going to be a tough nut to crack.
Sep 23, 2014 6:08 PM

Nov 2010
Murasaki is such a prankster, having Mutta walking around with his jumpsuit at the airport and called as a cosplayers was funny
Vincent Bold seems like his last name bold and bolt with things
Sep 27, 2014 9:56 PM

Nov 2011
UnbornMVs said:
As far as I know you're not allowed to bring any liquids inside the plane while traveling. Yet why did that oba-san have that drink with her ? -_-

Once you pass security, you can buy whatever refreshments you want from fast food places and little shops. You can also get refreshments on the plane, though I doubt they'd be offering black vinegar.

rodac said:
I'm not impressed with Vincent Bold as a trainer. Since all of the candidates have passed some sort of selection process in their home countries you have to assume they have some capabilities. Prejudging them on the basis of a picture and a brief dossier is poor practice for any teacher or trainer. I get the impression that he just might be a little too rigid in his opinions. Fight-o Mutta--it looks like difficult times ahead.

My thoughts exactly. He seems obnoxious too.

mayukachan said:
Man, I adore the female characters in this show. They're all so unique, strong, attractive, realistic and relatable, not like typical anime girls that are either tsunderes or some other kind of trope...

I like them too. It's quite refreshing.

- - - - -

The jumpsuit prank was hilarious, as was Mutta's signature.

I wonder what Kenji was going to say.
Mar 29, 2015 5:52 AM

Jun 2009
LOL. Of course Mutta is the only one to show up at the airport in the jumpsuit. How does he keep falling for Murasaki's pranks...
Nov 16, 2015 4:06 AM
Dec 2009
Poor Mutta, becoming a minor celebrity in the airport! I think he'll do well with fans and the press in the future though :)

I'm surprised he didn't change before boarding though, haha.
Nov 21, 2015 1:41 AM

Mar 2012
Oh man would've rather had Mizoguchi become an astronaut than Vincent the douchebag. Sure Mizoguchi was cocky as hell but at least he didn't constantly interrupt people before they could finish a sentence. That's got to be the most obnoxious thing a person could do and I have no idea how the hell this guy was able to become an astronaut.

Also, who doesn't love Murasaki and his shenanigans with Mutta xD
Dec 16, 2016 3:57 PM

May 2015
Finally we got some background for second girl.

Also, Bold is really fast man. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 26, 2016 10:01 AM

Nov 2016
Episode 46 - Numer One Restless Guy:

Nice background for Ena, Murasaki is fun as usual.

Vincent Bold, cold, fast and bold "Number one restless guy"

"Univercity"

"Dont be such a wuss. I'm speeding up. Travel is the biggest waste of time. Life is short." (Vincent Bold)

"I'll give them the military teatment" (Vincent Bold)

4/5
Sep 16, 2017 7:39 PM

May 2012
Lol that mail :p well he sure got bamboozled! Pretty fun episode, not much happened but let's see what's next.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Allografter - Mar 22, 2014

152 by valoon »»
Apr 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rinji- - Aug 10, 2013

63 by ohmmoto »»
Jan 27, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 28 Discussion

MissileSoup - Oct 13, 2012

48 by bankredmeadow »»
Jan 22, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kurini - Feb 2, 2013

150 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 22, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 16 Discussion

thunderrain - Jul 14, 2012

41 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 21, 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.