Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 25, 2013 1:36 AM

Sep 2012
Red_Keys said:

But that being said, Eita's character is pretty dumb. He cares so much about his reputation that he puts up with Masuzu, yet he goes and starts fights with people screaming that he's "Burning Fighting Fighter!" and punching the air in public. It is, yet again, contradicting.

That's the fictional Chuunibyou talking I guess...
Feb 25, 2013 2:12 AM

Nov 2009
ihateeveryone said:
My face this entire episode.

ihateeveryone said:

Kyube said:
omg, this show is pathetic and beautiful at the same time and yet absolutely unrealistic.

God...I had faith in this series. I had faith in not becoming your ussual harem shit. I was touched by how keita wanted to become a doctor to help Chiwa and how he tried to understand how Masuzu thinks. But the show has become full retarded after this episode.

PD: And yeah, Kaoru is the perfect wingman. It's a pity all his efforts are going to waste
OVanBruceFeb 25, 2013 2:18 AM
Feb 25, 2013 4:08 AM

Sep 2012
OVanBruce said:
...PD: And yeah, Kaoru is the perfect wingman. It's a pity all his efforts are going to waste

Err... Winger for sure but man... Are you sure about that???
Feb 25, 2013 6:05 AM

Apr 2009
As some have suspected, Ai knew Eita from a long time ago. Her role in this is as that Girl with the Childhood Promise. I laughed at how the love triangle in the movie mirrored Chiwa and Ai's views on Eita. Heck, all three movie characters were voiced by the same seiyuu as their anime counterparts.

Masuzu's "torturing" of Eita and his flashback in the cafe seemed too drawn out for me. I mean - I get it already, it was embarrassing to remember. No need to have it that long or even have a flashback retell what was just mentioned moments before.

Go Chiwa, never give up! It's a shame Ai is in a camp of her own as a love rival, though I can't deny she's quite the likable character. Even so, my support for Chiwa will not waver for I am rooted firmly in her camp.
Feb 25, 2013 7:25 AM

Sep 2012
hpulley said:
People are forgetting the first episode already. He didn't really want any of them in his life aside from Chiwa. He became a doctor partly because he wants to help her be healed properly so she doesn't have to worry about her health. Supposedly she could be hurt if she does kendo which she used to be great at. Really, Eita just wanted to be left alone to his studies to get into med school with high marks. Chiwa always loved him but is stuck in the childhood friend role, having a hard time making him notice she has romantic feelings for him.

But then Masuzu came along and wanted him as a fake boyfriend. She wanted to be left alone, too much attention paid to her Swedish silver haired beauty. She is holding him hostage with his Chuunibyou delusional notebook. Personally I would say, go ahead, publish it but I am not Eita kun! They made the club so they can get Chiwa a boyfriend so that Eita and Masuzu could continue to be a fake couple, though Masuzu quickly realized that she really did like him but every time she shows her real feelings she backs off and tells him she was just acting out a scene from...

Himeka was attracted to his Chuunibyo Burning Fighting Fighter persona. In the manga she really puts herself out there, she doesn't beat around the bush, you know her intentions clearly. So far in the manga at least she seems to have the weakest, simplest premise though I really like her character anyway.

Ai, kindergarten crushes, fake boyfriend...

Is Kaoru really part of the harem? I didn't expect that.

Lots or cliches and tropes but combined into what has turned into a fairly unique harem premise. Eita is quite clueless but that's the only way to do it without a nice boat ending... Or three crying girls and one happy one I suppose but the other three rarely if ever give up in this genre...
I think you are quite spot-on in terms of interpreting this anime (and LN). One thing I want to add is that Eita's behavior is that he cares about the girls. This is why he went out of his way to confront the delinquents when they insulted Chiwa. This is why he went out of his way to confront Mana when she insulted Himeka. And he of course does not want people to know his "Burning Fighting Fighter" persona but he could not stop himself from switching to that mode when he was put under big stress. This is what happened when he tried to save Chiwa from the delinquents. There is nothing contradictory there.

Also Eita is portrayed as dense and clueless, as in a standard harem story. Of course he sometimes also tries to avoid the topic of romantic love and that is him following his motto -- avoid spending time in pursuing romance and instead put effort in getting top grades.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 25, 2013 4:31 PM

Feb 2012
I didnt really care who won but now im all for Ai, shes the least annoying out of them all and that's saying something? I actually find myself being drawn to her a little bit
Feb 25, 2013 5:04 PM

Feb 2012
That scene at the theater was pretty funny but other than that not much.
Feb 25, 2013 6:24 PM

Sep 2010
Fuck it, Chiwa is so fucking damn annoying.

Ai>everyone>my shoe >>> whatever>>> Chiwa.
Feb 25, 2013 6:38 PM
Mar 2012
They need to lessen chiwas role
Feb 25, 2013 8:52 PM

Nov 2012
One of the most entertaining episode so far. Glad to to see less Himeka. The scene at the theater is the most hilarious of all.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Feb 25, 2013 11:44 PM

Feb 2012
Enjoyed this episode. Felt so short when I watched it.

It's really "Ai = Best girl" for me... can't get enough of her. And I somewhat felt her pain... nicely portrayed.
Feb 26, 2013 12:09 AM

Jun 2012
Great episode. I really like all the characters, they are cute,, so I really like the series. However, I highly dislike when Eita doesn't do anything when Masazu reads his journal, as if there's some barrier.
5/5.

Feb 26, 2013 12:12 AM

Mar 2012
xlGBLlx said:
Great episode. I really like all the characters, they are cute,, so I really like the series. However, I highly dislike when Eita doesn't do anything when Masazu reads his journal, as if there's some barrier.
5/5.
She have the journal copied in her PC. If he do something she will "accidentaly" spread it in internet.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 26, 2013 1:12 AM

Oct 2012
This is basically one of those typical "harem" animes. . .

Even so, I love every episode and I can watch them multiple times. There is nothing
wrong with dragging out a tired old formula as long as you do it in a fantastic way.

Does anybody know specifically where in Japan the story is set? I searched for the
name of the place but came up with nothing. I also read the Wikipedia articles in
English and Japanese with no success.

So far, the only clue that I have been able to pick out is that the name of the train
station ("EKME" as Himeka Akishino calls it!) is 羽根ノ山駅 where 駅 means train station.
From searching http://www.maps.google.co.jp the best I could come up with is a
point on the map labelled as: 愛知県大府市横根町羽根山 This is a place on
the southern outskirts of Nagoya. But there is no such train station there.

Some of their behavior makes me suspect that they are in Kansai. I am starting to learn
just a little bit about Osaka culture from watching another anime which is going on now.
okanaganFeb 26, 2013 2:52 AM
Feb 26, 2013 5:22 AM

Aug 2011
Ai is fully annoying. That is all!!
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Feb 26, 2013 5:43 AM

Oct 2009
hpulley said:
OVanBruce said:
...PD: And yeah, Kaoru is the perfect wingman. It's a pity all his efforts are going to waste

Err... Winger for sure but man... Are you sure about that???

This is why we can't have nice things. On a side notes..
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Feb 26, 2013 11:29 PM

Sep 2012
okanagan said:
Does anybody know specifically where in Japan the story is set? I searched for thename of the place but came up with nothing. I also read the Wikipedia articles in
English and Japanese with no success.
The LN itself does not state a specific location. However in the anime ep.1,2,5 have the scenery taken mainly from the Suginami Ward of Tokyo city (e.g. http://t.co/S7pcq5LN ) , ep. 3,4,7 have the scenery mainly from Fuchu, a suburb town in Tokyo area.

okanagan said:
So far, the only clue that I have been able to pick out is that the name of the train station ("EKME" as Himeka Akishino calls it!) is 羽根ノ山駅 where 駅 means train station.
From searching http://www.maps.google.co.jp the best I could come up with is a
point on the map labelled as: 愛知県大府市横根町羽根山 This is a place on
the southern outskirts of Nagoya. But there is no such train station there.
That is a mislead. The scenery around the seminar school is taken from Kashiwa city, located in Saitama prefecture to the north of Tokyo.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 27, 2013 1:48 AM

Oct 2012
^ Thank you for pointing out this specific information. I always love it when fans
manage to get anime scenes to match up perfectly against the real 3D world. I
would be even happier if they could provide precise GPS coordinates so that we can
all go onto Google Street View and take our own tour around the area.

After more searching, I believe that there is no train station in all of Japan named
羽根ノ山駅. Note that 駅 (eki) means "train station".

I guess this makes sense. If they based it on a real train station then for the next ten
years they would have to deal with delusional middle school students re-enacting the
scene where Burning Fighting Fighter takes on the Wyverns. That would create public
safety issues.
Feb 27, 2013 1:54 AM

Sep 2012
okanagan said:
^ Thank you for pointing out this specific information. I always love it when fans
manage to get anime scenes to match up perfectly against the real 3D world. I
would be even happier if they could provide precise GPS coordinates so that we can
all go onto Google Street View and take our own tour around the area.
Some have done it in Google Map. Here is one example for ep.1
http://maps.google.co.jp/maps/ms?brcurrent=3,0x605d1b87f02e57e7:0x2e01618b22571b89,0&ie=UTF8&t=m&source=embed&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=209693145157437612493.0004d2e56ecaef1850df0

Feb 27, 2013 2:30 AM

Oct 2012
^ Thank you! This is awesome.

For the benefit of others:

- The blue pushpin indicates the location of the high school which they used as the model
for the school in the anime. 学校 means "school". モデル means "model". If you move
the street view "man" along the road, you can find the front gate. You can very, very
clearly see one of their students riding a white bike along the street, turning right and
then riding straight through the front gate. Their school uniform is different from that
in the anime.

- Most of the red teardrop markers indicate the locations of scenery backgrounds used
when they were walking to school. 通学 means "going to school. 場面 means "place".

- 黒歴史ノートの場面 means "the location for the Black History Notebook". I don't
remember this part in Episode 1. I'll re-watch it.

- スーパー means "supermarket". That is where Eita went shopping with Chiwa
at 03:24 in Episode 1. They bought various kinds of meat since Chiwa wanted to.
2D and 3D don't 100% match up since Google obviously shows the view from
the street whereas the scene in the anime shows them walking along the
sidewalk.
okanaganFeb 27, 2013 3:28 AM
Feb 27, 2013 7:07 AM

Sep 2012
It is great to see for once why Eita wrote what he wrote in his Chuunibyou Diary and what really was the true story X-D

Feb 27, 2013 7:13 AM

Jan 2010
NeoAnkara said:
Akamitsu said:
I don't understand how Eita can be overpowered so easily by two girls holding him by his wrists in no restraining position what so ever. Or why he never attempts to take the notebook he hates so much out of what's-her-faces hands and burn it. He's a weakling. And doesn't deserve a girlfriend. Even if he wanted one.

Shit, I'd have made it priority to flat out ignore everyone except the childhood friend from episode 1. They're all a nuisance. Block the numbers, no eye contact, no words exchanged. Pretend they don't exist. If he wants to study then let him. Leave the poor fuck alone.
Masuzu have a copy in her PC so burning the book is out of question.

She may have other copies but he probably would have been better off destroying this one. Part of his ritual humiliation is that she's reading from the original. It would be easier for him to disassociate himself somewhat if she had to go print a copy, etc…. Then all the crap belongs to her, not him. Of course, this is assuming that he can get hold of the book without too much effort.

While a lot of people are very critical of the routine humiliation that this show serves up every episode, it seems to be a key part of the show. Maybe it is tied up in Masuzu's issues, which are still unknown. But yeah, it gets painful.
Feb 27, 2013 4:08 PM

Jan 2012
the cute side of fuyuumi.. so i think she is another childhood friends from eita?!?! and i think she is from the same kindergarten lol.. in the end, the smile is rather lonely lol
Feb 27, 2013 4:31 PM

Jun 2012
Mockman said:
She may have other copies but he probably would have been better off destroying this one. Part of his ritual humiliation is that she's reading from the original. It would be easier for him to disassociate himself somewhat if she had to go print a copy, etc…. Then all the crap belongs to her, not him. Of course, this is assuming that he can get hold of the book without too much effort.

While a lot of people are very critical of the routine humiliation that this show serves up every episode, it seems to be a key part of the show. Maybe it is tied up in Masuzu's issues, which are still unknown. But yeah, it gets painful.

The problem with the humiliation scenes is that it gets way too much focus. In the manga you get maybe one page or so, and in the LN I think it only gets a brief mention. But in the anime you fucking get 5 minutes of it shoved in your face (*cough*cough*episode 6*cough*cough). It's just one of many examples of the shitty directing of this show.

Really, everyone should be reading the LN/manga for this one. The anime is just bad.
Feb 28, 2013 8:31 PM

Jun 2011
ihateeveryone said:

Best one single picture of the entire episode XD
vvld said:

I like that Eita is getting closer to Ai

The previous episode, this episode, and the next episode seem to feature Ai a lot, going down the Ai route, maybe? :D

Lots of LOL-worthy parts in this episode, the best might be Masuzu shouting in the theater, and ended her sentence with Eita's name XD
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 28, 2013 9:50 PM

May 2012
Chiwa is SUPER ANNNOYING getting in the way Ai.
Other than the episode was alright, it went by really fast.
Mar 1, 2013 3:25 AM
Jan 2013
Masuzu is my best girl...I am rooting for her! Not too much love for Ai, she is too tsundere -- already fed up with that sort of character. Eita, your stereotypical dense male character should be with someone bold, bitchy and manipulative...like Masuzu. Overall, I enjoy watching this show. Probably one of my guilty pleasures this season. I put off, resist, refuted watching this anime for the past eight weeks since its airing but once I gave it a try I just find it surprisingly entertaining. This is one the anime's you have to pick up if you want to have a good time.
Mar 1, 2013 4:29 AM

Jan 2012
Ai is getting better and better.
Mar 2, 2013 12:05 AM

Mar 2012
I like Eita with Ai or Himeka
Mar 2, 2013 9:48 AM

May 2011
Yep, Ai actually makes me like this show again. :3

And I am really getting to dislike Chiwa with each new episode. It's hard to believe she was my favourite character at first, now she's just annoying.
Mar 2, 2013 5:48 PM
Nov 2011
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Lol, when she said "do you remember Anything from kindergarten" I was like "KNEW IT"

Ditto. I'm so shipping Ai Chan now. I like Chiuaha too, but she's going to lose eita if she keeps it up. Especially at that blush of hers.
VeretaxMar 2, 2013 5:56 PM
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Mar 3, 2013 10:13 AM
Jan 2010
Fucking Eita is denser than osmium.
Mar 3, 2013 12:58 PM

Jun 2011
There's so many things that annoy the heck off me in this anime yet it has enough great things that I can watch these episodes without hitting my head to a wall like an Eita.
Well, this was probably one of the best episode so far ^^ except for the unnecessarily long notebook part
Mar 4, 2013 5:48 PM

Aug 2011
Amazing ep! Somewhere along the recent episodes, when all the girls have been introduced, this show has really blossomed in my eyes. Loving Ai more than I expected.
Mar 5, 2013 12:57 PM

Jun 2012
ihateeveryone said:

My face this entire series.

I don't even know what's going on anymore.

What's the point of Eita being a fake boyfriend again? Didn't he pretty much reveal himself to everybody already? Doesn't Chiwa already know that the notebook is his? If not, then shes really stupid. Hell, everybody is really stupid in this anime. It's obvious to Eita that he likes Chiwa. So why doesn't he just say, "You know what, fuck this Swedish bitch. Let's go, Chiwa" and end of series? And why is he still getting so embarrassed when she reads from his notebook? What he did at the station was ten times more embarrassing. I actually skip the parts when she reads the notebook because it's so damn boring.

I'm not saying that this show is bad, it's good and I like it, but it's going down a steep hill.
KoshiiMar 5, 2013 1:01 PM
Mar 13, 2013 9:28 AM

Jul 2009
Damn,Kaoru, why aren't you the male lead?
Mar 13, 2013 11:00 AM

May 2009
Dumke said:
Damn,Kaoru, why aren't you the male lead?

Because he is
Apr 8, 2013 7:44 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
It is great to see for once why Eita wrote what he wrote in his Chuunibyou Diary and what really was the true story X-D

i think all the story's are true, they are just covered with fantasy or mixed with fantasy, or how i shod say it, if book has wrong cover we ton't know whats inside, this time we know cause MC had a flashback
Apr 8, 2013 7:49 AM

Sep 2012
chinvincible said:
Masuzu is my best girl...I am rooting for her! Not too much love for Ai, she is too tsundere -- already fed up with that sort of character. Eita, your stereotypical dense male character should be with someone bold, bitchy and manipulative...like Masuzu. Overall, I enjoy watching this show. Probably one of my guilty pleasures this season. I put off, resist, refuted watching this anime for the past eight weeks since its airing but once I gave it a try I just find it surprisingly entertaining. This is one the anime's you have to pick up if you want to have a good time.

(SPOILER ALERT) no worries she wins
Apr 8, 2013 7:52 AM

Sep 2012
give me a brake, Ai-Chan cracks me up, shes just funny LOL
Apr 15, 2013 2:30 AM

Sep 2012
This is predictable.
Apr 21, 2013 10:45 AM

Oct 2011
It sucks that Chiwa has to ruin every romantic moment.. Why did she even have a bamboo sword with her? o.O
Jun 12, 2013 3:41 PM

May 2012
Pretty funny episode and lol what a film ending in that explosion, well they sure made progress, I wonder what's next!
Mar 19, 2014 3:53 PM

Oct 2013
LOL great episode
is it just me but I think Kaoru is a girl "He" doesn't sound anything like a guy shit is bugging me
lol i loved it when they were fighting each other during the movie XD poor Kidou
[/quote]
Mar 22, 2014 11:26 AM

Apr 2012
Masuzu FTW!!
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 7, 2014 3:17 PM

Aug 2013
Eita is the master of our oblivious MCs. Seriously, not only can't he see a girl flirting hard with him, but he can't see the most obvious lies. They should all go lesbian.

Ai is really bad at lying.

Kaoru, poor him, trying so much to help someone tell her feelings even if she makes it really hard xD
I feel bad for him :P

Those poor peoples in the theater, can't they watch a movie in peace?!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 19, 2014 1:05 PM

Jun 2014
A-chan is too funny when she gets embarrassed.
Jun 16, 2015 9:17 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Chiwa was too annoying this episode. Ruining the date with Ai-chan.

Mauzu, yelling in the theater. Gotta love the stuff she does sometimes.

Jan 24, 2016 12:16 AM

Aug 2009
cinema was priceless lol

as a comedy anime 8/10

otherwise 7/10

quite enjoyable if you disregard the "plot"
Jul 11, 2016 10:21 PM

Mar 2015
The Note bullying is not funny anymore and most comedy is meh :/
only interesting part were Ai held hand of Eita while Chiwa gripping the other hand of Eita.

It seems Ai is also a childhood friend.

2/5
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

471 by Apratim »»
Apr 7, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2013

171 by Apratim »»
Apr 3, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2013

159 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 28, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

168 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

150 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.