Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 24, 2013 3:41 AM

Sep 2012
Lol, what kind of parents would call their children Sasasegawa Sasami.

Anyway, this episode was a bit childish, but I'm getting used to it, and I must admit that I'm actually starting to enjoy this anime a bit.
Feb 24, 2013 5:12 AM

May 2011
-victorique said:
What did you guys think of the BG music placement in this episode? I didn't find it as bad as the previous ones

Neither did I. It was pretty decent this week.
Feb 24, 2013 5:47 AM
Feb 2013
I saw MC Akio in him xD
Feb 24, 2013 6:16 AM

Dec 2009
The best episode of the series along with 15.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 24, 2013 6:40 AM

Apr 2011
SetsukoHara said:
Lol, what kind of parents would call their children Sasasegawa Sasami.

Maybe her parents while naming her stuttered. lol
Feb 24, 2013 6:42 AM

May 2010
For me.this was the funniest episode so far..Rin's plan too epic.
Feb 24, 2013 6:54 AM

Nov 2010
Trademarked Silly-but-Funny LB humor. I know it would be fitting more in a right dose of faster-paced animation.

Crayons are kinda strange and there's a lot of small QUALITY scenes as usual, but still a decent episode. Now bring me the wafu (and I hope they could still fit the jumper episode and baseball match before this season end. Probably prefer it ends with Rin 1)
Feb 24, 2013 7:03 AM

Jun 2011
Why is Masato so useless?
Feb 24, 2013 7:25 AM

Jul 2010
Wow, those 'plans' of Rin were ridiculous. To think someone could like Sasasasasasami-san so much in the first place. xD

I kinda hoped that Rin would start to realize something about her own love right about now too, but alas, not yet.

Feb 24, 2013 7:27 AM
Oct 2012
The first episode I've truly found funny and laughed at.
Feb 24, 2013 7:29 AM

Jul 2011
Enjoyed the episode for the most part, but I still have to call total BS regarding the cat at the beginning...
Feb 24, 2013 7:47 AM

Jan 2013
Onyxthegreat said:
Wow, those 'plans' of Rin were ridiculous. To think someone could like Sasasasasasami-san so much in the first place. xD

I kinda hoped that Rin would start to realize something about her own love right about now too, but alas, not yet.

Pretty much this. The ep was amusing though.
Feb 24, 2013 7:52 AM

Jan 2013
A great episode, the first episode about romance in LB! really hoped Rin would realize her first love in this episode, but.. hmmmmm... :(
Feb 24, 2013 7:57 AM

Aug 2012
TBH, Kurugaya still scares me whenever she says something as wrong as intended xD
Feb 24, 2013 8:07 AM

Jul 2012
If I remember correctly this is
Feb 24, 2013 8:12 AM

Jan 2013
-victorique said:

Yup! so second season is definitely going, right? ^^ (excited)
Feb 24, 2013 8:13 AM

Sep 2011
-victorique said:

There's one more. The 'do a riposte/jab from 2-3E'.

Or was that already adapted? I couldn't remember.
TennoujiFeb 24, 2013 8:19 AM

Feb 24, 2013 8:35 AM

Sep 2012
Intereo said:

>Masato
>useless
Just wait for Refrain.
Feb 24, 2013 8:37 AM

Jan 2013
Intereo said:

Cause they only animate his useless parts and discard the rest. For now, at least.
Remember Komari route when Masato went to burry the kitten and cleared the room for the night to give Riki some space? There's more of those moments in the VN.
And his most epic moments, as bro Vlad said, will come in Refrain.
Feb 24, 2013 9:01 AM

Apr 2010
Sasami looks like she wants to be friends with Rin but she has to much pride and seems to be a bit jealous of Rin for her childhood friend Kengo.
And since Rin isn't very good at communicating it does cause trouble from time to time.
They say the dislike each other but they actually like each other there just bad at expressing there friendship for each other.
Feb 24, 2013 9:17 AM

May 2012
Fun ep ~
Nice to see riki and Rin spending time together again
lol kengo xD
Feb 24, 2013 11:19 AM

Nov 2012
I really liked this episode, there was something about it. I personally felt that it followed the VN really well and probably explains why this is my favourite episode so far.
'Once an Arsenal man, always an Arsenal man.' - Bob Wilson.

Feb 24, 2013 1:57 PM

Nov 2010
That was a sweet episode which remind me back at episode 1
Feb 24, 2013 2:28 PM

Sep 2012
Vladz0r said:
Intereo said:

>Masato
>useless
Just wait for Refrain.

>Unable to wait
>Want now
Chin-strapped half Scottish man-child suffering from "cant-be-arrsed-itis"

Lives in Oxfordshire, Blighty.

Likes Sainsbury's own baked cookies. And Chips.
Feb 24, 2013 2:35 PM

Jan 2013
MrTankCommander said:
Vladz0r said:
Intereo said:

>Masato
>useless
Just wait for Refrain.

>Unable to wait
>Want now

> No one cares

LB requires patience. You can't enjoy it if you're on pins and needles and hungrily await the core plot or your desired character route.
Also, the common route is essential for the core plot
Naoki-SatenFeb 24, 2013 2:59 PM
Feb 24, 2013 2:37 PM

Apr 2010
Funny episode.
Finally more screentime for Sasami. I can't deny I'm waiting so much for next episode.
Feb 24, 2013 3:13 PM

Apr 2010

Dat JC Staff
Feb 24, 2013 4:37 PM

Sep 2008
OLHearts said:
UTW is translating all the names right :c Pretty sure Rin said Zazami at least once

Did Rin say Sasasegawa Sazami or something when Riki said it's close? XD

Sasesegawa Sasami.
Wafuu~
Feb 24, 2013 5:11 PM

Oct 2010
aznkirby890 said:

Dat JC Staff

OMG. I can't. I didn't even see that goof while watching it, but now that I re-watch that scene, it's so glaring! LOL.

Feb 24, 2013 5:53 PM

Feb 2013
shirayuki75 said:
aznkirby890 said:

Dat JC Staff

OMG. I can't. I didn't even see that goof while watching it, but now that I re-watch that scene, it's so glaring! LOL.

Bestest, but man gotta love that flaming Rin though.

I thought that was a pretty good common route episode, at least it didn't feel like filler this time around and the task worked well in the anime adaptation of it.

Naoki-Saten said:
Intereo said:

Cause they only animate his useless parts and discard the rest. For now, at least.
Remember Komari route when Masato went to burry the kitten and cleared the room for the night to give Riki some space? There's more of those moments in the VN.
And his most epic moments, as bro Vlad said, will come in Refrain.

Can't agree more, Refrain come out ASAP!
shcboomerFeb 24, 2013 6:15 PM
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Feb 24, 2013 6:22 PM

Dec 2012
2.8/5.

It was Ok again. A funny episode. Finally they gave some importance to Kengo, after he was practically a non-existent character in the last 10 chapters...
I LOLed at the way that Kengo owned Aikawa, or when He was rapping at Sasami to impress Her and He forgets the lyrics, Hahahahaha.

Next week, Kud´s arc starts. I hope It raise the level a little bit.

PD: So, friendzone also exists in the Anime world... XDXDXD.
TimeToRepentFeb 24, 2013 8:40 PM

This is how it all begins.

My RYM|My Last.Fm|My Steam
Feb 24, 2013 7:07 PM

Jan 2011
Hilarious episode! Rin is amusing. She's kinda socially awkward, so she doesn't have a lot of common sense, and also doesn't beat around the bush. And the plans she comes up with... xD
apbiofreakFeb 24, 2013 7:53 PM
Feb 24, 2013 10:48 PM

Sep 2012
Vladz0r said:
wilcruz2 said:
hahahahaha oh JC staff, you just have to make it clear that it's you.
love the shakugan no shana-esque scenes with rin, epic win!

too bad they had to use an entire episode for a small (but somewhat significant) part from the VN. wish they had put in one or two more common route scenes into this episode *cough*jumper*cough*, but it was still ok overall.

back to kud route next week, wonder how they're gonna pull off the "paint"?
seeing as the anime is meant for friendship over romance with the girls.

@Paint spoiler:

They're definitely including it.

WTF!?
Feb 25, 2013 12:05 AM

Sep 2012
Mauno said:
You know the feeling when you've watched a certain anime for 20 episodes almost every episode being kinda meh, yet everyone who has read the original VN are hyping about future scenes? That's the feeling I'm having right now.

Seriously this doesn't even compare to other Key based animes imo.

YET.
Feb 25, 2013 12:42 AM

Jan 2013
Mauno said:
You know the feeling when you've watched a certain anime for 20 episodes almost every episode being kinda meh, yet everyone who has read the original VN are hyping about future scenes? That's the feeling I'm having right now.

I'm afraid I cannot agree with that. The entirety of the first season of Clannad was 'kinda meh'. The real drama only began somewhere in the middle of after story.

Also, you'll have to admit that the Komari, Mio and Haruka arcs were far more intense than the Fuuko and Kotomi arcs as well as the pitiful snippets of Kyou and Tomoyo routes shown in the first season.
Feb 25, 2013 2:58 AM

Sep 2012
I only watched 3 episodes of Clannad, it had better art and animation than Little Busters, but the storytelling was similar. I stopped watching Clannad, because one anime like that at a time is enough for me.
Feb 25, 2013 3:14 AM

Mar 2012
Nice to see episode about Sasisagawa Sisami.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 25, 2013 5:13 AM

May 2011
Mauno said:
The point is I'm kinda bored of waiting. The characters, art and music seem less appealing than in Air, Clannad or Angel Beats.

I can agree with you on the art and music, but I'd have to say that only Angel Beats has better characters than Little Busters. Clannad didn't really have any good characters arcs at all and the main heroine in Air was the only good character in the cast (the stories with the other girls weren't even remotely good). The character arcs in Little Busters are a lot better in quality and the individual quirks are a lot livelier. And don't get me started on Kanon; that anime was pretty much done after the first two character arcs...
Feb 25, 2013 6:13 AM

Nov 2010
Mauno said:

Air only have one notable punch (combo,to be precise),albeit a very good one.

Kanon is a jumbled one, varying from good to meh.

Clannad has a decent/good first season and... I guess we don't even need to talk about After Story. Some arcs are definetely kinda weak,though.

Angel Beats is a missed opportunity.

Little Busters shaping to be a decent anime, although it's final score will heavily depends on how Refrain tying all the loose ends. And of course, Refrain by itself is "A culmination of Jun Maeda's career" according to himself.

Too bad it's lacking a good director and KyoAni's golden touch, but I'm satisfied with what I got right now. Give multiple budget and better staffs for Refrain and it will be a big hit.
Feb 25, 2013 7:14 AM

Jul 2012
aznkirby890 said:

Dat JC Staff

Sasasasasami too wants to be Meguca
Feb 25, 2013 7:21 AM

Sep 2011
It's better not to get worked up on these people who are getting bored or nitpicking on this 'anime' or along the lines either or both of those two. You're all just making it worse.

Feb 25, 2013 7:38 AM

May 2011
Sa-chan_ said:
It's better not to get worked up on these people who are getting bored or nitpicking on this 'anime' or along the lines either or both of those two. You're all just making it worse.

I'm just doing this on a whim. :P
Feb 25, 2013 10:24 AM

Sep 2011
kenshin_sama said:
Sa-chan_ said:

True that you(Or maybe also them) doing this on a whim but what if they didn't find the interesting part(For instance, Refrain) amazing(More or less likely because of the adaptation)? Then they'll get more disappointed and that's what I mean of making it worse.

Feb 25, 2013 10:39 AM

Aug 2011
Sa-chan_ said:
kenshin_sama said:
Sa-chan_ said:

True that you(Or maybe also them) doing this on a whim but what if they didn't find the interesting part(For instance, Refrain) amazing(More or less likely because of the adaptation)? Then they'll get more disappointed and that's what I mean of making it worse.

true, you gotta remember that even though Refrain is a masterpiece to us, take a look at the reception for the girl arcs. Like srsly, take a look at the polls and compare the scores for conclusion episodes you'll notice that much more people loved the Kyoani versions as opposed to the Little Buster route conclusions.

and i don't believe it's because of the source material. Haruka and Mio's arcs are IMO better than some of the clannad/kanon arcs

unfortunately to many people including myself, just the story aspect of an anime can't make an anime a masterpiece. Execution is the biggest factor.

like i've said a bunch of times, just take a look at the Toei versions of the Key adaptions. have you watched kanon 2002? it's really not even close to bad, the story remains in tact.
Funya-UsagiFeb 25, 2013 10:44 AM
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Feb 25, 2013 11:05 AM

May 2011
Sa-chan_ said:
kenshin_sama said:
Sa-chan_ said:

But that's how forums work!
Feb 25, 2013 12:33 PM

Sep 2010
There was so many family resemblance between Rin and Kyousuke, that i could point out in this episode for them. One thing is for sure, they are both as assertive as the other. XD
ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
Feb 25, 2013 7:33 PM

Jan 2012
Sasasasasa sasasa.... lol
well in this episode looks like Sasasegawa Sasami has another nice personality on her own lol.. it's nice to see that
Feb 25, 2013 11:28 PM

Mar 2008
Top episode, very funny. I'm so glad I kept watching LB as I've grown to like it a lot.

And... yeah. Can't stop laughing at Sasasasasasami. lol
Feb 26, 2013 9:02 AM

May 2010
Rin-chan episode! COULDN'T possibly be bad. Full of cute and "awww" scenes, especially when she was talking with Riki about love, probably my favourite "mission" (not counting cafeteria mini-game in the vn, it was awesome). Sasami is cute as well, hope she will get her own route in the second season.
Also, though it was a bit unexpected, Kengo was adorable as well! His kind smile for Rin and Riki showed that he is the real bro here, too bad he didn't have much attention so far.
Back to the Kud next week, I'm not that big fan of it, though I'm quite interested, what will be the pacing of it.
Feb 26, 2013 12:06 PM

Dec 2012
Funya-Usagi said:
Sa-chan_ said:
kenshin_sama said:
Sa-chan_ said:

true, you gotta remember that even though Refrain is a masterpiece to us, take a look at the reception for the girl arcs. Like srsly, take a look at the polls and compare the scores for conclusion episodes you'll notice that much more people loved the Kyoani versions as opposed to the Little Buster route conclusions.

and i don't believe it's because of the source material. Haruka and Mio's arcs are IMO better than some of the clannad/kanon arcs

unfortunately to many people including myself, just the story aspect of an anime can't make an anime a masterpiece. Execution is the biggest factor.

like i've said a bunch of times, just take a look at the Toei versions of the Key adaptions. have you watched kanon 2002? it's really not even close to bad, the story remains in tact.

Alright, I think the reason why Little Busters got such a bad reception was the huge ass hype. Seriously, there was so much hype around it compared to Clannad. Look at the episode 1 polls. Clannad Episode 1: 295 votes. Little Busters Episode 1: 612. For Little Busters to live up to expectations, it would've had to have been like, the greatest anime in the entirety of man-kind. CLannad wasn't really being hyped up to much, thus lower expectations and more people being impressed because it exceeded expectations (which were low). Little Busters on the other hand had a VERY high expectation and therefore, people were disappointed because it didn't reach the really high expectations. I, personally feel the character routes in the Little Busters anime were more enjoyable and had more emotional scenes than Clannad season 1. I mean, Fuuko's arc, Kotomi arc and Nagisa arc didn't really make me tear up. Mio & Haruka did. I didn't start crying over Clannad until After Story 16. Little Busters has already gotten me to tears in the second arc. Overall, I don't think it's really fair to compare the polls with how the two got hyped.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Funya-Usagi - Jan 5, 2013

185 by little_raven »»
Feb 20, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.