Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 23, 2013 12:04 PM

Mar 2008
mavis so cute lol °_°
Feb 23, 2013 1:11 PM

Sep 2011
meh. not very good episode imo. is it just me or did the animation look very poorly? anyway very excited bout the next episode. lucy!!
[the wendy vs chelia fight was hella cute ;w;]
Feb 23, 2013 1:40 PM

Jul 2009
alexx_310 said:
JavierR said:
alexx_310 said:
JavierR said:
-MgZ_ said:
JavierR said:
Are they even trying anymore? Do people still like that show?
Too bad I can't find any gif of Morgiana dancing in episode 18 of Magi to show you how hard A-1 is trying.

LOL. I'd definitely wanna see how hard a1 is trying now.

Right here

yup. a1 is op im glad they're doing FT.

Both long running shounen series are suffering from A-1's QUALITY

Considering it costs ~$150k to produce an episode, I don't think one should complain about quality, especially in an anime that will span over hundreds of episodes. They spend more money/effort on episodes that are important (i.e. important fight or dramatic scenes) and spend less for 'filler' episodes.

For instance, if IG production makes ~$40mill in revenue per year, where they have twice the number of employees compared to A1 (120 vs 50), and are much larger/well known, we can assume A1 makes half as much. With $20mill per year, and about 52 episodes of Fairy Tail per year because there's 52 weeks in a year (total to about ~$7.8mill -- 52episodes x $150k), they are left with $12mill. So yes, maybe they can afford to have more better animated episodes, but they also have other shows to run, plus all these numbers are huge assumptions, so for all we know they can make much less, especially if they do a new show per season (12episodes x 4 seasons x $150k per episode and you'll have $7.2mill in expenses -- in total, they spend $15mill for FT + other shows). $5mill left to change, but factor in costs of rent, and other miscellaneous bills, then I'm sure they don't take home as much money. Plus, they have to reinvest money back into the company for them to grow/expand.

Source: http://www.crunchyroll.ca/anime-news/2011/10/30-1/how-much-does-one-episode-of-anime-cost-to-make
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Production_I.G
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-1_Pictures
Feb 23, 2013 2:44 PM

Jun 2010
Kurogashi said:
alexx_310 said:
JavierR said:
alexx_310 said:
JavierR said:
-MgZ_ said:
JavierR said:
Are they even trying anymore? Do people still like that show?
Too bad I can't find any gif of Morgiana dancing in episode 18 of Magi to show you how hard A-1 is trying.

LOL. I'd definitely wanna see how hard a1 is trying now.

Right here

yup. a1 is op im glad they're doing FT.

Both long running shounen series are suffering from A-1's QUALITY

Considering it costs ~$150k to produce an episode, I don't think one should complain about quality, especially in an anime that will span over hundreds of episodes. They spend more money/effort on episodes that are important (i.e. important fight or dramatic scenes) and spend less for 'filler' episodes.

For instance, if IG production makes ~$40mill in revenue per year, where they have twice the number of employees compared to A1 (120 vs 50), and are much larger/well known, we can assume A1 makes half as much. With $20mill per year, and about 52 episodes of Fairy Tail per year because there's 52 weeks in a year (total to about ~$7.8mill -- 52episodes x $150k), they are left with $12mill. So yes, maybe they can afford to have more better animated episodes, but they also have other shows to run, plus all these numbers are huge assumptions, so for all we know they can make much less, especially if they do a new show per season (12episodes x 4 seasons x $150k per episode and you'll have $7.2mill in expenses -- in total, they spend $15mill for FT + other shows). $5mill left to change, but factor in costs of rent, and other miscellaneous bills, then I'm sure they don't take home as much money. Plus, they have to reinvest money back into the company for them to grow/expand.

Source: http://www.crunchyroll.ca/anime-news/2011/10/30-1/how-much-does-one-episode-of-anime-cost-to-make
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Production_I.G
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-1_Pictures

"But they also have other shows to run"

^That's the problem. They keep adapting Anime like they can handle it. They already have Fairy Tail and Uchuu Kyoudai which will not end soon. Ok maybe the can afford to adapt one more. But NO. SAO, Shinsekai Yori, Magi suffered from their insolence. They are too greedy. They don't care about the Anime they adapt. Vividred Operation aside, the rest are really good novel/manga but they just destroys them with their poor work quality. You said Production I.G have twice the employee as A-1 yet they don't do more than two Anime per season. Are A-1's employees too poor to have not an average salary? I doubt it. In short, they don't care about the quality, as long as the manga/novel they adapt have already a huge fan base to ensure that it will sell.
Feb 23, 2013 3:47 PM

Mar 2010
You guys know what? I am quite disappointed with this episode..the art somehow looks terrible compare to few previous episode :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2013 5:02 PM

Oct 2009
OH my things are getting intense watch out Jellal
Wendy's battle turned out to be major cute
and i cannot wait to get to the bottom of this fairy tail darkness/light fiasco
:D
Feb 23, 2013 6:16 PM
Jul 2018
Loved how the fight seemed more epic than in the manga, really brought out what I wanted to see: Wendy being badass.
Loving as well Lahar as a character, he's grown on me throughout the series, I hope we get to see some more backstory on him and Doranbolt.

And the next episode,
Feb 23, 2013 9:03 PM

Jan 2011
Wendy finally showing that she is a dragon slayer, not simply a glorified healer. Loved it, even though they cut it a bit short with that static scenes, and obviously Chelia was an unfair opponent. I'm not so sure on the result though if they continued. If Chelia can heal her wounds, but not restore her energy, she would run out rather fast, too. And i'm sure Wendy is more experienced with dire situations, Fairy Tail is always in one one way or the other. Restoring Chelias energy to make her miss for example was genious.

And that scene with Jellal, Doranbolt/Lahar and Yajima..everybody seeing through the others lies, but still they continue. The question is if Lahar and Doranbolt know that Yajima knows, and whether Jellal and Yajima know they didn't buy the lies. Still, really funny.

Next weeks battle..as someone stated, it appears Juvia should easily overpower everyone not specialized in water, and Lucy can summon Aquarius (unless she's on a date with Scorpio, or it's Wednesday (or any other day of the week probably..)). I wonder what reasoning they use to excuse Fairy Tail having a hard time.
Feb 24, 2013 2:31 AM

May 2010
Pretty cute match I guess..
Feb 24, 2013 5:02 AM
Feb 2013
Wonderfull episode.
Epic fight between Wendy & Cheria.
Jellal almost discovered, really a good scene.
Still enjoyed the last part the most.
Finally some good moments between Grandfather and Grandson!!!!
Feb 24, 2013 9:31 AM

Aug 2011
wow these last two chapters have been impressive, Laxus is incredibly strong, and the moment of the first cryigng was so cute, i love her hahah
Feb 24, 2013 12:07 PM
Jun 2012
I think I know who that person Jellel following is.
Feb 24, 2013 4:04 PM

Nov 2012
Epic Arc is epic!

I like that "Mystogan" is back for the moment. God dammit Kagura went full retard when she saw Jellal o.O
Wendys battle was better then expected tough, nice one dude :D

Next week Naval Battle.. Wet times are cumming :D
Feb 24, 2013 5:45 PM

Jan 2013
SPOILER ALERT!
rl1dragon said:
I think I know who that person Jellel following is.

Wendy is growing personality =D

Aww her cute face when she is crying and the reactions in the back :))

Wont comment on the preview, but it's going to be badass.
Feb 24, 2013 8:01 PM

Feb 2012
mtgowns said:
Now that this episode is out of the way, I'm prepared for 171. Naval Battle has the potential to be a lot more rage inducing as an animation.

This exactly!
Feb 24, 2013 10:38 PM
Jan 2011
WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO JELLAL'S FACE?

How is it possible to make someone who look like this

To become like this?

The level of fucked up is too much for me to handle, I know A1 is well known for its "quality" but seriously?! Jellal looks like he has a brain damage in these pics.
Feb 25, 2013 5:00 AM
Feb 2013
Does anyone happen to know the soundtrack @ 8:20 in the episdoe?
Feb 25, 2013 9:01 AM

Jul 2012
good episode, the magic games arcs is building up to be one of the best yet i still love how cute last episode was with wendy and cheria both tripping also when jellal almost got discovered i was like "ohh shit dont get caught yo"
Feb 25, 2013 9:07 AM
Jul 2012
Talukita said:

To become like this?

The level of fucked up is too much for me to handle, I know A1 is well known for its "quality" but seriously?! Jellal looks like he has a brain damage in these pics.

>a1 op
Feb 25, 2013 12:23 PM
Jan 2012
What the hell happened with the awesome Fairy Tail art? D: It looks so very very bad in this episode... I'm actually disappointed.
Feb 25, 2013 12:53 PM

Feb 2012
Mavis is such a goddess. I loved the whole episode. Willing for the next one!
Feb 26, 2013 4:05 PM

Jul 2009
Talukita said:

To become like this?

I LOL'D. I actually didn't notice how bad the animation was besides this. I think I've just gotten used to the low quality after 170 episodes.
Feb 28, 2013 8:35 AM

Jul 2009
I loved the scene with Jellal. So much tension.
Feb 28, 2013 11:36 AM

May 2010
Feb 28, 2013 12:48 PM

Feb 2013
Haha~ i loved it~!!! :3 and yeah.. isn't Mavis just adorable ^^
Feb 28, 2013 2:34 PM

Apr 2008
So much rage is going to erupt next episode. Even with censorship
Mar 5, 2013 6:28 AM

Oct 2012
lol, Beer Barel surfing >_<

Loved the twist in the battle thought that it was going to be Juvia vs Sabertooth

Wonder whats going to happen with Grays and Juvias relationship
and i predict later that Jellal gets unmasked in the later episodes
and i wonder how Zeref will fit into the Magic games?

Mar 9, 2013 8:11 AM

Jan 2010
Crying Mavis is so cute ^^
Denerwować się to mścić się na własnym zdrowiu za głupotę innych.
May 22, 2013 4:52 PM

Jul 2008
Mavis is so adorable
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Jun 2, 2013 10:32 PM

Oct 2012
Loli fight ofc it's the best fight
Oh council, there's it goes the fishy person
No Jellal is good guy now, well there's so many people can't forgive him :(
Lol @ ending, Mavis she's cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Over 9000 *_*
"Signature removed"
Jun 11, 2013 4:59 PM

Sep 2011
Omg... the ending... was so damn cute wtf!! LOLOL
Jul 23, 2013 12:56 PM

May 2012
The first master rocks! She should really appear more I just love her character! A great fight Wendy put up and well that's the first battle that ended in a draw and well it seems Jellal's cover is half blown... hmm this will get quite interesting! Lets see what the last 5 episodes have to offer!
Aug 4, 2013 10:47 PM

Apr 2009
That was a good fight for Wendy, she fought her to a draw.

Damn you Jellal, you're getting careless! The Council guys, Millliana and Kagura knows the truth. Yajima's coming to your rescue was for naught. Fairy Tail is now in Kagura's crosshair and Milliana's gonna take it out on Erza.

I LOLed at the ending, the shimmering in Mavis' eyes when she said she was not crying and sobs in between were priceless! She's too cute even when she's crying!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 11, 2013 6:00 PM
Oct 2010
awww man shits gonna go down for jellal and fairy tail. fuck i hope the series covers that before it ends

first master at the end <3
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Oct 4, 2013 7:45 PM

Apr 2008
I'm glad that Wendy didn't lose. I couldn't bear to see her lose after all the determination she put in.
It was nice seeing her go full out on a fight, and seeing how strong she really is. Instead of her being a support/healer mage who stood in the background >.<
Oct 7, 2013 11:32 PM

Dec 2012
Things are really heating up with Jellal, once Kagura saw him it's just like "oh yeah, big things about to happen." I wonder who that robed man was, it seems like the obvious answer would have been Zeref but never know.

Oh man, Mavis is just too much, that "Hnnnngh" cry...supa moe.
Mar 19, 2014 11:56 AM

Oct 2013
Things are not looking good for Jellal that captain saw that he was the real thing and Kagura's reaction when she saw him OMG.Too bad he didn't cought up to that guy with the cloak.

Mar 22, 2014 6:04 PM

Jan 2013
The ending of Wendy x Cheria fight was very good,they both deserved it.
Jellal is screwed now,the council want to catch him and those girls want to kill him...
Maviiiis don't cry :3 So cute :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 22, 2014 10:05 AM

Jun 2011
First half was meh, didn't like it. Liked the second half, love the sense of mystery. Mavis was cute, but is she going to play a role or not? ~.~
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 29, 2014 6:09 PM

Aug 2013
Looks like Jellal's cover is blown.
My Candies:
May 19, 2014 10:42 AM

Jan 2012
It was good to see Wendy take the stage in a seriously good fight, thought I doubt she'd have beaten Bacchus, if Raven Tail hadn't attacked her that is. I'd totally forgotten that a draw was possible too, kept thinking it was gonna be a sudden death or something like that haha.

What is the pumpkin-head's deal? And as I had expected, Doranbolt pretty much just signed Jellal's death certificate, Erza is gonna have a tough time explaining this to Millianna, also there's Lahar to deal with... things are only getting more intense, hopefully the climax will be as good as I'm imagining!

PS: Mavis is the most kawaii, sorry Wendy!
NekozzieMay 19, 2014 10:46 AM
Jul 16, 2014 10:13 AM

Jul 2014
Nice battle between Wendy and Cheria. Never knew that a battle could be badass, cute and heartwarming at the same time. <3 both of them.

It seem things getting complicated for Jellal and FT now.

Oh my, Mavis is so damn cute. Its hard to think that she is so powerful with look as cute as that.
Google first, ask later
Sep 30, 2014 1:04 AM

Jul 2008
Lol Mavis, looks like Purehito is still causing trouble for the guild even in death.
Oct 8, 2014 5:06 PM

Mar 2010
Dat crying face. I really wanted to see kagura lose it in front of everyone and go on a tantrum.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 3, 2015 12:16 AM

Nov 2014
Sooo glad Yajima stepped in when he did...
Jul 25, 2015 1:19 AM

Nov 2014
Callisto said:
Crying Mavis is so cute ^^

Aug 12, 2015 9:43 AM

Nov 2014
Awww a draw! The ending of their fight was really cute. :)

I hope the council doesn't get Jellal I'm so nervous for him! And omg at Kagura's reaction when she saw him. D:
Jul 10, 2016 1:50 PM

Feb 2015
Is it me or did Wendy grew physically, too?
Aug 24, 2016 2:59 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Was I the only one that wanted Laxus to console Mavis and pick her up like a child lol

Wendy vs Shelia, very enjoyable. Little Wendy has become a strong woman. Back when she first appeared she was all shy and now she's going toe to toe against Shelia who has God Slayer magic. Great improvement.

I wonder what Lahar will do now that he knows Jellal escaped.

Sep 1, 2016 1:21 PM

Jan 2016
No words for wendys battle, Just amazing, and thats all. ended with a pure AWWWWW moment :3 Jellal almost got caught. and lost the trail on possible Zeref! what now then?

The ending :3 awwww poor Mavis!! aaww Kawaii!!!!!! Naval battle up next!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - May 3, 2010

125 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Apr 26, 2010

111 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

185 by phantom346 »»
Yesterday, 8:59 AM

» Do you agree with the idea of ​​adding blood to Fairy Tail ? ( 1 2 )

Satan-sama - Aug 3, 2013

58 by ModsZone »»
Yesterday, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 165 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2013

138 by phantom346 »»
Yesterday, 8:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.