Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 21, 2013 4:00 PM
Feb 2013
I saw a movie called Lensman back in the early 90's when Manga entertainment released it on vhs in the UK.

I really would like to see the original series. Galactic Patrol Lensman aired from October 6, 1984 to August 8, 1985 in Japan. I know there was a 4 episode dub released in the US by Harmony Gold USA under the title 'Lensman : Power of the lens', but this only contained 4 of the 25 episodes from the series. I have been looking for this series for over 8 years, but I have had no luck whatever tracking it down.

Is there anyone about that could help me find it ?
Oct 9, 2013 5:28 AM
May 2013
The series was indeed only dubbed, but only 4 (heavily edited) episodes as you mentioned.

Otherwise the show itself has never been subbed (to my knowledge), so it's only available in RAWs, if you manage to find those.

The movie itself is still available on the internet, subbed and dubbed. But otherwise, no English Lensman.
Dec 1, 2014 2:14 PM

Sep 2008
I've heard the estate of E.E. Smith wasn't too happy with the way it was handled so it might be hard to find raws regardless. The whole Lensman anime series seems to be in license purgatory because of it.
Jan 5, 2020 5:13 PM

Sep 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpmTynxXGCM&t=1s

I think this video should clear things up. The first twelve episodes I did see uploaded on a fansub site, but who knows if the rest are even available anywhere online. I'm going to say probably not.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Feb 28, 2023 3:28 PM
May 2019
So ok. If I watched " Lensman : Power of the lens" version how should I note it in my watchlist? 
Did I just saw 4 episodes of the show (heavily edited), or should I ask to add it as a stand-alone version, because it's like a full movie (and it's not rare to have a movie that is an episodes compilation in it's heart)

Oct 26, 2023 9:33 PM

Nov 2018
There are 23 subbed episodes available on aniwave.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏

More topics from this board

Poll: » Galactic Patrol Lensman Episode 1 Discussion

GarouWolf - Dec 29, 2022

1 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Nov 7, 2023 2:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.