Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kotoura-san Episode 7 Discussion

Feb 21, 2013 10:00 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Get ready for MANabe

Feb 21, 2013 11:08 AM

FIGHT!

OMG:

Lol, this episode was amusing. Yup, chanting the multiplication chart and the value of PI is a good way to rid of those lewd thoughts. Also, that moment when you wake up and realize when you had a "fun night". Lmao.

Anyways, fun episode. I was expecting some drama from Kotoura's mom but oh well, maybe some other time. Oh and happy birthday Kotoura.

Feb 21, 2013 11:31 AM

Being Manabe is suffering. Getting denied a mixed bath like that.
- http://rederoin.motionsforum.com -
Anime air dates, BD release dates and Amazon stalker estimates for Anime BDs.
My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link

Feb 21, 2013 11:42 AM

Somehow I cannot imagine the girls going through with mixed bath in the first place, even if it wasn't closed.

And lol at manabe & ojisan, mourning that they found oil instead of a hot spring XD

Also, Moritani brings lethal cooking to a new level. Not only is it toxic but psychedelic. I want a moritani-trip, too XD

And awwww, manabe worked hard to give kotoura a nice birthday gift. I wonder what he got her. Probably jewelry from the sice of it.

PS: Manabe still needs to hone his DFC appreciation skills
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl

Feb 21, 2013 11:44 AM

What a heart-warming episode. I was nearly crying. Happy Birthday Kotoura : )

Muroto's senpai's eye 0___0 Beautiful

Kotoura's Mom I still hate >;0

Feb 21, 2013 11:44 AM

The first half was hilarious starting from those 2s adventure to the mixed bath ending with finding oil only to make the gramps even more filthy rich XD

That scene where they got drunk from the food was hilarious and the aftermath in the morning was even funnier lol...that scene reminded me of Gintoki's in that setup arc XD

I lol'd at how that Boldy in the Mori dojo is a Harvard graduate hahaha

Muroto was and still is awesome!

And Haruka's mom was and still a BITCH!

Feb 21, 2013 12:07 PM

These episodes keep getting better and better

Also that ending reminded me of the ending of a certain other show

Feb 21, 2013 12:12 PM
x266 said:

Why?

Feb 21, 2013 12:18 PM

Mori! XD

Feb 21, 2013 12:22 PM

The first part were hilarious haha and Moritani drug food make them drunk and Haruka mother meh she still hold grudge at Haruka.
The society will never accept ESP, I wonder if it would be the same with the real world as well.

2nd part were good and I didn't expect Manabe will work part-time jobs and celebrate Haruka birthday.
That was so nice .

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 21, 2013 12:25 PM

Another great episode :D
manabe ftw!!!

Feb 21, 2013 12:28 PM

funny episode, couldn't stop laughing at the vice-president's DUHU laugh for some reason, it was nice to learn some of blue's past too!

Feb 21, 2013 12:46 PM

the next episode looks good too ^^

Feb 21, 2013 12:50 PM
The ending, it was so adorable. All complaints are now invalid. Although I was just waiting for the moment when Kotoura would say September 1st wasn't her birthday.
Manabe is a bro.

Feb 21, 2013 1:01 PM

I managed it, I forgot the stuff at the beginning, I forgot about and ignored the plot holes and contrivances, and I just watched the episode and tried not to be offended by the heavy handed delivery, and it worked. It was fairly enjoyable to watch, and it was almost touching.

The fact I need to do that is something I'm not forgetting though.

Feb 21, 2013 1:09 PM

Brilliant episode, particularly the first half.
Weekly light novel releases (from 20/10/2014)
Bestselling light novel volumes of the year/all time* (and more in the same club).
*that there is data for

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.

Feb 21, 2013 1:11 PM

This comedy is really awful. I'm almost expecting fart jokes next. At least the last two minutes were okay.

Feb 21, 2013 1:31 PM

Moritani getting fed her own food and getting all high was hilarious. Loved that part and the scenes that followed.

Feb 21, 2013 1:36 PM

i was expecting kotoura's mom but i guess all good things come at a later time or something like that

Feb 21, 2013 1:50 PM
am i the only one that was bothered by the fact that the lights turned back on after she blew out the candles yet nobody moved to turn them on

Feb 21, 2013 1:55 PM

"Your skin is so soft." *rubs a pot*

LOL. That scene was hilarious. Not sure which direction this show is going. Hopefully it gets more plot heavy or some drama comes along. Feels like I'm watching the same things over again. Still entertaining though.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."

Feb 21, 2013 1:56 PM

I'm surprised everyone likes this so much

Feb 21, 2013 2:11 PM
Kami-sama

This episode felt really nice . I enjoy watching this series , it has become a show that I'm looking forward every week .

Feb 21, 2013 2:52 PM

One of the funniest episodes so far. The first half especially. Moritani's food is better than drugs.

Feb 21, 2013 4:00 PM

Still waiting for some ACTUAL mother drama to be brought in. Like, as in Kotoura see's her mom, or everyone from the ESP club meet her. But I might wait and wait for that and it never comes . . .

And I'll have to agree with a few other people, as well. How in the hell did those lights turn on after Kotoura blew out the candles? And I was also waiting for Kotoura to be all like, "My grandfather must have lied to you, today's not my birthday." Or something like that . . .
"With a keen eye for detail one truth will prevail"

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Feb 21, 2013 4:08 PM

I loved how they brought back the first ending. I love that one.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 21, 2013 4:29 PM

What kind of mom smiles while insulting their child? But it was an enjoyable episode

Feb 21, 2013 4:30 PM

Kotoura has the same birthday as me!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 21, 2013 4:38 PM

Best episode yet.

Feb 21, 2013 4:59 PM
めんどくさい

1) Manabe and Kotoura's grandfather should be kept separated - to much feedback between the two of them.

2) NEVER eat anything Moritani cooks. Never.

masterguam said:
am i the only one that was bothered by the fact that the lights turned back on after she blew out the candles yet nobody moved to turn them on
I try not to let little things bother me.

Feb 21, 2013 5:15 PM

So it seems Hiyori's cooking causes drunkenness and LSD. Good god almighty.

Haha, Yoshihisa was working in a bear costume so he could feel oppai when girls pressed against his arm. Poor Haruka getting no reaction when she tried the same thing.

Feb 21, 2013 5:17 PM
I thought her mom was going to forgive her in this episode. Unexpected development! But glad the creator didn't follow a cheesy pass to reconcile them so soon.

Way to go, Manabe! Like the bucho said, maybe he is a fool, but he is trustworthy enough to not get distracted by any other girls.
Modified by eminagnam, Feb 21, 2013 5:22 PM

Feb 21, 2013 5:20 PM

I forgave the "last chance to be in a bath with high school girls" part, but gramps outright chanting with manabe about kotoura specifically was a bit too much.

Still a hilarious episode though. That morning scene was fantastic.

Feb 21, 2013 6:53 PM

MORI MORI
BWHAHAHA

Feb 21, 2013 7:07 PM

InfiniteRyvius said:
I managed it, I forgot the stuff at the beginning, I forgot about and ignored the plot holes and contrivances, and I just watched the episode and tried not to be offended by the heavy handed delivery, and it worked. It was fairly enjoyable to watch, and it was almost touching.
The fact I need to do that is something I'm not forgetting though.
Or better put: You are allowing yourself worked up by things you should not have minded in the first place.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

Feb 21, 2013 7:37 PM

Nice episode kourtouras grandpa and manabe kun do make the perfect combo. They create the ultimate perverted pair when they are chanting koutoura when digging that hole. The mon really does get on my nerve exspecially this episode. She stands there with a hatefull face when she was the one who abandoned koutoura. This episode is when i really started to hate her.
Most epic signature evar

Feb 21, 2013 8:08 PM

I already lost it at Harvard. Couldn't stop laughing.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Feb 21, 2013 8:58 PM
The first part is hilarious! Manabe and Kotoura's grandfather are so alike. I was laughing every couple of minutes.

First, at their disappointment over not being able to have a mixed bath. Second, were the perverted thoughts they were having while digging a new onsen at the yard. Third and the funniest part of them all, was the Manabe getting high off Moritani's cooking and forcing it down her throat -- making her high too. Moritani's cooking reminds me a lot of Mizuki's cooking in Back to Test.

LOL @ that threesome. The birthday party at the end was really sweet too.

Edit: I also laughed at Moritani yelling out "OH MY GOD!", though it sounded more like 'OH MY GUT!" to me. Haha!
Modified by Iconic, Feb 21, 2013 9:34 PM

Feb 21, 2013 9:07 PM
So it seems Moritani's cooking has similar effect to Akiko's special jam and Sunae's rianbow bread

Feb 21, 2013 9:23 PM

I really like how Moritani fails so much at whatever she does. Her cooking made Manabe and herself go crazy and act so damn childish. It's like they got drunk from her horrible cooking. xD I laughed so hard at Moritani's headbangs. Man, Kotoura's mother still has a massive grudge on Kotoura. Still love how this episode still retained some seriousness despite being pretty damn hilarious. It was great to see some of Yuriko's past. Daichi's face back then was significantly different compared to now. Manabe is very considerate to have gone out to work and earn money in order to set up a surprise 'birthday' celebration for Kotoura. :)

Feb 21, 2013 9:32 PM

zeroryoko1974 said:
So it seems Moritani's cooking has similar effect to Akiko's special jam and Sunae's rianbow bread

lol dat jam

Feb 21, 2013 9:41 PM

Full HD threesome on BD-Rip... right?

Feb 21, 2013 10:11 PM

masterguam said:

the magic of tv

Feb 21, 2013 10:15 PM

x266 said:
Also that ending reminded me of the ending of a certain other show

And here I thought I was the only one who had Evangelion flashbacks at the end of this episode.

Feb 21, 2013 10:18 PM

Hilarious episode.

I'm really liking Moritani's role in Kotoura's group of friends. She seems to be the butt of all the jokes as well as getting some physical abuse (love the eye-poke she got from Kotoura and getting her own food shoved down her throat by Manabe haha). I'm a fan of her now though I do feel sorry for her time to time.

Manabe is quite the likeable love interest. Does the right stuff at the right time while at the same time being perverted and stupid. Sometimes being simple and straight-forward is the best way to go about things especially to avoid falling in with all the negative aspects that come with society like prejudice.

Feb 21, 2013 10:18 PM

Dear Kotoura's mom
You really need some lecturing, Kotoura didn't destroy your life, you did it to yourself...
Everthing's change so you should to...

Love the way Manabe counters Kotoura's mind reading skill with Oppai no I mean Pi LOL....

Feb 21, 2013 11:07 PM

Everytime i see those congrats scenes with clapping, it pisses me off. Damn you Evangelion >.>
Nice episode overall though, focused more on the comedy :P

Feb 22, 2013 1:42 AM

Is it me or was Muroto taller in the flashback than he was now XD

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime

Feb 22, 2013 2:37 AM

masterguam said:

Easy. ESP!

(Rotating Signature | Member Cards are fun~)

[Notes on Signature]124 - 172 KB, Width: 140px

Feb 22, 2013 3:30 AM

lindsayzzz said:
xD I laughed so hard at Moritani's headbangs.

I just remember how I got reminded of Dobby (Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets) when I saw her banging her head against the wall like that.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »