Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 7, 2008 1:52 AM

Jul 2007
http://uk.video.yahoo.com/watch/4070631/10990720

The very first trailer aired today with gundam 00.

It confirms(for my joy) that they are indeed going into manga-adaptation and NOT continuing the anime storyline :)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 7, 2008 3:04 AM

Oct 2008
Woot. Another FmA is going to be awesome :). *transmutes new show into awesomeness*
Dec 7, 2008 5:02 AM

Nov 2008
YES!

The first anime didn't even come close to doing the manga justice so I'll be looking forward to this one!
Dec 7, 2008 5:05 AM

Apr 2008
WOOOO!!!!!!!
New FMA going to be awesome :D
Dec 7, 2008 5:22 AM

Nov 2008
Cool ^^ Manga is completely different xD
Previous username: LadyNikki
Dec 7, 2008 5:35 AM

Jan 2008
Looks like they followed the manga's character design as well. Interesting.

Btw I want to add, I don't give a shit that first season didn't follow the manga. It was brilliant.
aeroDec 7, 2008 9:43 PM
Dec 7, 2008 7:04 AM

Jan 2008
Whats annoying about this is the same reason I hate the glut of remakes taking over Hollywood. They're remaking stuff that was good in the first place. Why not remake stuff that was crap and could be remade much better?
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Dec 7, 2008 7:31 AM

Jan 2008
I wonder if they will start it again from the very beginning.
btw anyone could translate the important parts of the trailer?
Dec 7, 2008 7:34 AM
Jul 2018
...They're remaking it from the start...?

That is... kind of a waste (if ever, I'm kinda confused here).
Dec 7, 2008 7:41 AM

Jul 2007
ntHai said:
I wonder if they will start it again from the very beginning.
btw anyone could translate the important parts of the trailer?

Basically it narrates the scenes like "Training Begins" then it goes "fake metal arm, armor body...the journey begins" And then it goes "in the hand - is it hope or despair there"

Cihan said:
Why not remake stuff that was crap and could be remade much better?

Thats what they are doing ;]

Riah said:
...They're remaking it from the start...?

That is... kind of a waste (if ever, I'm kinda confused here).

Well, even if the first episodes of first anime followed the manga somewhat, a lot of diverging was done, thus the most logical choice would be to do it from beginning.
Dec 7, 2008 7:48 AM

Jan 2008
Fai said:

Sorry but FMA is known for not only making good business for the producers but also being an excellent series. It did not need remaking. Good business and near-unanimous praise however call for milking it seems, though I think this must be a first for such a big title to be remade like this. Maybe the NGE remake movies have kickstarted this worrying trend. Can you imagine other big series being remade, like Cowboy Bebop, etc? Depressing thought. One of the good things about anime that I keep saying to people, especially non-anime viewers, is the amount of variety available, but if the medium goes the way of Hollywood with stupid and pointless remake after remake, then we're screwed.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Dec 7, 2008 8:01 AM

Jul 2007
Cihan said:
Fai said:

Sorry but FMA is known for not only making good business for the producers but also being an excellent series. It did not need remaking. Good business and near-unanimous praise however call for milking it seems, though I think this must be a first for such a big title to be remade like this. Maybe the NGE remake movies have kickstarted this worrying trend. Can you imagine other big series being remade, like Cowboy Bebop, etc? Depressing thought. One of the good things about anime that I keep saying to people, especially non-anime viewers, is the amount of variety available, but if the medium goes the way of Hollywood with stupid and pointless remake after remake, then we're screwed.

I do not see the problem with remaking of FMA, since i did not like the whole anime-original cop-out "omg theres that world out there" ending...

And yes, Cowboy Bebop remake should not be made, although i would not refuse to see it in HD with the current level of animation quality.

And Hollywood remakes? There are good, there are bad. I am happy for Star Trek remake and some others, but there are some that should not be remade, of course.

Fma should be, by all the means, remade to follow the plot line of manga, instead of made up ending where scar conveniently is used as plot-device and all the humununculli suddenly get a change of heart so series can get rid of them...
Dec 7, 2008 8:11 AM

Jan 2008
Fai said:
Fma should be, by all the means, remade to follow the plot line of manga, instead of made up ending where scar conveniently is used as plot-device and all the humununculli suddenly get a change of heart so series can get rid of them...

I can emphasise with the frustration of fans not having a complete anime adaptation, I'm still sad about Rurouni Kenshin, but FMA was just finished a few years ago, its just so strange to have a remake made so soon afterwards. All I'm seeing is a worrying trend that could occur, similar in a way to DVD double-dips, where a series is made half-assed, then when everyone's paid money for it, the 'real' version is made. Or something equally silly.

Well we'll see how this remake matches up to the first series anyway, which shouldnt be labelled bad just because it veered away from the source material, I've got low expectations for FMA: part deux.
Dec 7, 2008 8:14 AM

Mar 2008
Cihan said:
Fai said:

Oh but in many ways, NGE was crap and could've been done much better. ;)

I haven't been reading the FMA manga myself so I don't know how different anime and manga are, but as far as I know Bones'd have to keep making up their own story if they wanted to do a S2... but as the Conquerer of Shamballa taught us, that doesn't really work as well. Personally I would've liked to see a sequel, but I can see how fans of the manga are happy Bones will try to do the manga justice this time. If they do, this also allows for a true second season, and that's what we all really want isn't it? Who knows, maybe Bones will already cover every manga volume up until now with this "remake".

They screwed up the continuity of FMA's story with the first show and now they're trying to make up for it. In that regard, the new anime is not a waste, but the old one was. Or would you have liked Bones to write a sequel themselves?
Dec 7, 2008 8:15 AM

Dec 2007
I don't really know what to expect from this, but it's definitely worth to check it out.
Dec 7, 2008 11:59 AM

Feb 2008
WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE MUSTANG?

About the original FMA animu - at least they put in the effort for an ending. Even if it was mediocre.

Dec 7, 2008 12:18 PM

Jul 2008
Orange-kun said:

He looks like that in the manga. :P
The anime made him look slightly different last time around. For the fangirls I presume.
Dec 7, 2008 5:01 PM

Feb 2008
Gin-iro said:
Orange-kun said:

He looks like that in the manga. :P
The anime made him look slightly different last time around. For the fangirls I presume.
I realize that, but they don't need to be that faithful to the manga, make Mustang a little prettier :P.
Dec 7, 2008 7:35 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah I saw it too, but I saw it while watching Gundam 00 Season 2 Episode 10, it just appeared in the middle of the episode. The graphics looks different :( from season 1.
Dec 7, 2008 9:25 PM
Oct 2007
although the manga is getting good, they should put the anime to rest

it had a nice ending via movie, i dont really c why there should be a "alternative" version
Dec 8, 2008 7:12 PM

Jun 2008
um, wtf happened to Roy's face and hair? -.-

honestly, i don't see why remake the masterpieces. i'm not watching that.
Jan 11, 2009 3:00 AM

Nov 2008
more ED best of all more alchemy YEA!!
Jan 11, 2009 11:20 AM

Sep 2008
The first series is already a masterpiece even though it didn't follow the manga. I hope that this one will exceed my expectation and go beyond than the first series.
Jan 14, 2009 11:37 AM

Sep 2008
I still say I don't see the point of fixing things that aren't broken. Aw well, I'll watch it anyways, but the first series was already freaking amazing so I don't get why :/
Jan 14, 2009 5:15 PM
Dec 2008
I am excited like no other for FMA2. I *LOVED* the original, and if they re-do like the first couple episodes, then no big deal, it will just retell the story on how the journey began. SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! ^^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 15, 2009 7:26 AM

Jul 2008
To people who complain about fixing a masteripiece:

They are not fixing anything. They are making an anime adaptation of FMA manga which is supposed to be a different show similiar to original FMA anime which will guarantee them a big number of viewers.
They are doing the same thing with the Soul Eater which, once FMA2 ends, will probably make a sequel that will follow the manga version.

BONES ain't doing that only for money. They just like to do that rather then make a show filled with fillers, big recaps, many flashbacks and slow paces.
Jan 17, 2009 12:13 PM

Jan 2009
Any news on if they will re-use the same voice actors?

Jan 18, 2009 10:53 AM

Aug 2008
Excited to see how it will turn out to be! Read the first 2 volumes of the manga and loved it, even more than the first series. Although it will be a little weird with the new designs of the characters based of the manga. Just hope they have at least some of the same voice actors, especially Paku Romi! She was great as the role of ED!
Jan 22, 2009 6:17 PM

Jul 2008
ColdBeans said:
Any news on if they will re-use the same voice actors?

I hope so. For both the Japanese and English versions. I can't imagine anyone else doing the characters' voices.
Jan 23, 2009 6:55 AM

Jul 2008
It's good that there will be a remake of this but it will be little boring to watch the first episodes which follow the manga, but luckily there is little parts which were little different.

Do you know that is the stuff still the same or have they even new seiyuus? I would like if they have the same, Romi Paku and Rie Kugimiya + Toyoguchi Megumi are good enough :::: D And Nana Mizuki of course ! ♥

Jan 24, 2009 8:10 PM

Oct 2007
freaking awesome!!
Jan 24, 2009 11:04 PM

Oct 2008
so can I delete the FMA anime series that is saved on my hard drive? Cuz if it's a remake, then I don't have to watch the 1st anime...

I hate Chihiro subs... nuff said
Jan 24, 2009 11:29 PM

Jul 2008
codename64546 said:
so can I delete the FMA anime series that is saved on my hard drive? Cuz if it's a remake, then I don't have to watch the 1st anime...

No one knows for sure at this time... If you have yet to watch the first series, I'd say go for it. The second series should be following the manga which is completely different.
Jan 31, 2009 2:31 PM

Jan 2009
The First series were awesome! second wouldn't be...
Feb 1, 2009 8:38 AM

Aug 2008
And how can you know that without seeing new version and, more importantly, without reading manga? Well, let me guess...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 3, 2009 3:48 AM
Oct 2008
May be.
Feb 6, 2009 10:56 AM

Jun 2007
Cihan said:
Whats annoying about this is the same reason I hate the glut of remakes taking over Hollywood. They're remaking stuff that was good in the first place. Why not remake stuff that was crap and could be remade much better?
It was an alright series.... but compared to the manga it's almost crap. I am really happy this is being made, it's a chance for fans of the manga to really see it animated.
Feb 6, 2009 5:36 PM

Jan 2008
OoOoOoOh! xD! i can't wait for the season to start and to see so many of the new characters from the manga... especially greed... hmm....
Feb 17, 2009 12:45 PM

May 2008
PBz0r said:
Oh but in many ways, NGE was crap and could've been done much better. ;)

I haven't been reading the FMA manga myself so I don't know how different anime and manga are, but as far as I know Bones'd have to keep making up their own story if they wanted to do a S2... but as the Conquerer of Shamballa taught us, that doesn't really work as well. Personally I would've liked to see a sequel, but I can see how fans of the manga are happy Bones will try to do the manga justice this time. If they do, this also allows for a true second season, and that's what we all really want isn't it? Who knows, maybe Bones will already cover every manga volume up until now with this "remake".

They screwed up the continuity of FMA's story with the first show and now they're trying to make up for it. In that regard, the new anime is not a waste, but the old one was. Or would you have liked Bones to write a sequel themselves?
You speak the truth in many ways...

:>
Feb 19, 2009 3:35 AM

Oct 2008
im difintely watching the series. but if its bad,ill delete it out of my mind just like zoro and sanji did from (One piece) when they saw tha kokoro baa-san was a mermaid.
Mar 12, 2009 4:58 PM
Mar 12, 2009 7:00 PM

Jun 2008
YAY! I prefer the manga story line. Any we get to see Riza go to an all round ANIMATED brawl!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Mar 13, 2009 12:43 AM

Nov 2007

This is the new CM that shows the ED. (I checked their official site, which said it's ED)

SID sings the ED.
tsubasaloverMar 13, 2009 1:02 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 13, 2009 10:17 AM

Jul 2007
tsubasalover said:
http://www.youtube.com/v/FPDX5ip2SHY&rel=1&rel=1">http://www.youtube.com/v/FPDX5ip2SHY&rel=1&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

Anime-original character sighted.

/me goeth to RAGEEEE mode.
Mar 13, 2009 3:19 PM

Nov 2007

Oh, I see.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 13, 2009 3:54 PM

Jan 2008
anime only character? come on.... ><
Mar 13, 2009 4:00 PM

Jul 2008
Yeah, who the heck was that? >>

I'd rather he go back where he came from... D:
Mar 15, 2009 3:59 PM

Sep 2008
well the optimistic point of view for that anime-only character.
he will serve as a purpose of how to reintroduce the series over again smoothly and only appears shortly in episode 1 or 2 (where they show the scenes of the past over again)
Mar 16, 2009 11:55 AM

Jul 2007
atruong18 said:
well the optimistic point of view for that anime-only character.
he will serve as a purpose of how to reintroduce the series over again smoothly and only appears shortly in episode 1 or 2 (where they show the scenes of the past over again)

which would suck because it would mean omiting a lot of plot required for adapting manga.

Here's optimistic point:

He is just therein Liore to replace the priest storyline.
Mar 16, 2009 9:29 PM

Sep 2008
Fai said:

Here's optimistic point:

He is just therein Liore to replace the priest storyline.

That was what I meant, lol. but not completely.

what i want to believe in is that episode shows ed/al chasing him > show flashback > return to present > more flashback > catch him and get rid of him quickly. basically ended all of the beginning and reintroduced the past, along with tossing the side character quickly.

however, that may just be my wishful thinking. just gotta wait 2 more weeks to find out for sure.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

175 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 15, 8:13 PM

» Is FMAB worth watching after FMA?

xXCaptainJXx - Apr 6

38 by aleinam »»
Apr 15, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Jan 17, 2010

207 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 14, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jun 7, 2009

343 by Nicolay18 »»
Apr 13, 1:34 AM

» Why doesn’t Lust show more lust? ( 1 2 )

lordJahoo - Apr 2

50 by Skylar-whoo »»
Apr 11, 6:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.