Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
#1
Feb 19, 2013 12:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
Hey everyone, I'm new around here and just got into this MAL Themimg. I started creating a new design to MAL and the outlook came out pretty nice and sleek. I do plan on keeping it updated and making more changes in respects to the design.

On a final note it is nice to meet you all.

MyAnimeList - MAL Monochrome

MAL Monochrome Link

A very clean and minimal theme for Myanimelist. Most of the theme consists of Flat Styles / Colors with some clean tweaks and additions.

MyAnimeList - Modernized

Modernized Link

This is a clean design that I use a really sleek / clean look. There are some layout fixes and many changes to the general style of Myanimelist.net

MyAnimeList - MAL Flat

MAL Flat Link

A very clean and minimal theme for Myanimelist. Most of the theme consists of Flat Styles / Colors with some clean tweaks and additions.
Modified by Metricx, May 12, 2016 12:05 AM
 
#2
Feb 19, 2013 12:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 12282
Looks like Bakabt
 
 
#3
Feb 19, 2013 12:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3710
I like it, it's nicer than most of the others I've tried. Though you need to fix the white box around the MAL logo. Also, is it possible for us to change the picture on the panel?
 
#4
Feb 19, 2013 12:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
Slyr3do0n said:
I like it, it's nicer than most of the others I've tried. Though you need to fix the white box around the MAL logo. Also, is it possible for us to change the picture on the panel?


Fixed the White Box around the small logo and yes you can change the main background found in the panel page.

Edit the CSS for the Header Background (#header), make sure you use a transparent image so it blends with the background 980 x 156 Pixels.
Modified by Metricx, Feb 19, 2013 1:12 PM
 
#5
Mar 12, 2013 6:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1298
I like the smooth and clean look. Simple yet satisfying for me :)
 
#6
Mar 17, 2013 10:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 428
Really nicely done. Brings MAL visually up-to-date instead of the 'noughties' look that it currently sports.

Keep up the good work.
 
#7
Apr 24, 2013 4:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 500
yo, awesome skin/theme, whatever, AWESOME:)

BUT
why can't I see what I type in the search field? and unlike in the screenshot @ userstyles.org it's white, not blue... haven't seen any1 point that out so I'm guessing it's something on my end?
any suggestions?

other than that, FLAWLESS
(^^)V
Modified by ksyssR, Apr 24, 2013 4:58 PM
 
#8
Apr 24, 2013 4:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
ksyssR said:
yo, awesome skin/theme, whatever, AWESOME:)

BUT
why can't I see what I type in the search field? and unlike in the screenshot @ userstyles.org it's white, not blue... haven't seen any1 point that out so I'm guessing it's something on my end?
any suggestions?

other that that, FLAWLESS
(^^)V


Might be browser what are you using?
 
#9
Apr 24, 2013 4:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 500
wow, that was fast

FireFox 20.0.1
 
Apr 25, 2013 3:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
ksyssR said:
wow, that was fast

FireFox 20.0.1


Haha was lurking on myanimelist at the time, mind if I ask for a screenshot so I can see whats going on?

Edit: Scratch that I just found the problem by trying it out myself.
Modified by Metricx, Apr 25, 2013 3:18 AM
 
Apr 28, 2013 8:27 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 9415
Thanks looks cool. What happend to the character. I don't see it on there.
 
May 1, 2013 4:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
The character only appears on the homepage after that it just shows the sites logo.
 
Apr 1, 2014 12:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 412
Thanks for your hard work. It is much appreciated. :)
{MyAnimeList} | {AniDB} | {Manga Updates} | {Anime-Planet} | {vndb}
 
Apr 7, 2014 11:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
Im happy you enjoy my work, Thanks!
 
Jul 15, 2014 10:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 128
Your modernized theme is pretty nice, thanks!
 
Aug 23, 2014 2:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 412
@Metricx: Any chance for you to make dark modernized theme? For night use and such. ^^
{MyAnimeList} | {AniDB} | {Manga Updates} | {Anime-Planet} | {vndb}
 
Aug 24, 2014 4:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
Sounds like a possibility I would have to tweak a few things but ill see what I can do.
 
Aug 27, 2014 2:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 412
Thanks a lot. It's not a hurry, though. Take you time, mate. Love your work. :)
{MyAnimeList} | {AniDB} | {Manga Updates} | {Anime-Planet} | {vndb}
 
Sep 8, 2014 10:09 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 14
Great job. I would advise you to use the direct links to the file ... Otherwise suffers speed of loading images in css... Look at the difference in this video:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8BMG5O-Sb9bR0gyVlRxeWxsZE0
 
Sep 9, 2014 1:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
Hedgehog684 said:
Great job. I would advise you to use the direct links to the file ... Otherwise suffers speed of loading images in css... Look at the difference in this video:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8BMG5O-Sb9bR0gyVlRxeWxsZE0


Ah nice I'll update the code with more direct links, but in terms of load time on my end doesn't load as long.
 
Sep 24, 2014 11:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 412
Having some issues here. Can't see the buttons for Profile, Anime, etc. When I tried to reinstall the style, I god declaration dropped error. How to fix that?
{MyAnimeList} | {AniDB} | {Manga Updates} | {Anime-Planet} | {vndb}
 
Oct 4, 2014 1:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
Deth93 said:
Having some issues here. Can't see the buttons for Profile, Anime, etc. When I tried to reinstall the style, I god declaration dropped error. How to fix that?


Is the error still showing? If so what browser?
 
Oct 17, 2014 2:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 412
Sorry for the late reply.
It's fixed now, works like a charm. ^^
{MyAnimeList} | {AniDB} | {Manga Updates} | {Anime-Planet} | {vndb}
 
Nov 28, 2014 8:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 412
I noticed that this one's not affected by your style:
http://myanimelist.net/import.php

Probably cos not many people use it or know about it. ^^
{MyAnimeList} | {AniDB} | {Manga Updates} | {Anime-Planet} | {vndb}
 
Dec 27, 2014 10:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
Deth93 said:
I noticed that this one's not affected by your style:
http://myanimelist.net/import.php

Probably cos not many people use it or know about it. ^^


Thanks for letting me know, I have updated the style.
 
Jan 12, 2015 2:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 2600
Thanks a lot. I'm using the theme now. Love it!
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
 
Feb 18, 2015 7:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 412
Something's messed up for me again:
http://s8.postimg.org/usiv0dog5/0001.png
http://s11.postimg.org/ptbla803n/0002.png

Can you take a look into it, mate?

EDIT: Maybe it'll be better to wait for all changes to the site to be done than to update stuff now.
Modified by Deth93, Feb 19, 2015 12:26 AM
{MyAnimeList} | {AniDB} | {Manga Updates} | {Anime-Planet} | {vndb}
 
Feb 24, 2015 4:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
Deth93 said:
Something's messed up for me again:
http://s8.postimg.org/usiv0dog5/0001.png
http://s11.postimg.org/ptbla803n/0002.png

Can you take a look into it, mate?

EDIT: Maybe it'll be better to wait for all changes to the site to be done than to update stuff now.


They changed the width of the site, I made the necessary changes to the theme to fix the problem check for update on the theme or try to re install it.
 
Feb 25, 2015 1:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 412
It's still a bit off on the profile.
"Manga list", "Edit" for About me field and "All comments" buttons are.. hitting the border of sorts. ^^
http://s18.postimg.org/pwcxjhjax/001.png
Also, comments with.. bluish background have the similar issue.
http://s18.postimg.org/4las1hbsp/002.png

Apart from that, everything seems fine (Will report back if I see something off. ^^).
{MyAnimeList} | {AniDB} | {Manga Updates} | {Anime-Planet} | {vndb}
 
Feb 25, 2015 7:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
Deth93 said:
It's still a bit off on the profile.
"Manga list", "Edit" for About me field and "All comments" buttons are.. hitting the border of sorts. ^^
http://s18.postimg.org/pwcxjhjax/001.png
Also, comments with.. bluish background have the similar issue.
http://s18.postimg.org/4las1hbsp/002.png

Apart from that, everything seems fine (Will report back if I see something off. ^^).

Yup noticed and threw in a new fix for it.
Modified by Metricx, Feb 27, 2015 4:06 AM
 
Feb 27, 2015 12:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 412
Awesome. ^^ Thanks for fixing it, mate. :)
{MyAnimeList} | {AniDB} | {Manga Updates} | {Anime-Planet} | {vndb}
 
Mar 12, 2015 2:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 412
Yet another update:
http://s8.postimg.org/spkw57n2d/000.png

That notification kinda looks off. Maybe making the red circle white and number.. in darker color would do the trick.
{MyAnimeList} | {AniDB} | {Manga Updates} | {Anime-Planet} | {vndb}
 
Mar 15, 2015 10:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
Deth93 said:
Yet another update:
http://s8.postimg.org/spkw57n2d/000.png

That notification kinda looks off. Maybe making the red circle white and number.. in darker color would do the trick.


Done. Update is live.
 
Mar 17, 2015 3:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 412
Really cool. ^^ Thanks for fixing it up. ^^
{MyAnimeList} | {AniDB} | {Manga Updates} | {Anime-Planet} | {vndb}
 
Mar 22, 2015 1:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
Released fix for MAL FLAT theme with the same fixes to make it function properly again. Re-install the theme and it will work fine.
 
Mar 26, 2015 9:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 412
Another thing.
When someone sets the list to private and if you try to open it, theme won't appear.
Try checking my lists.
{MyAnimeList} | {AniDB} | {Manga Updates} | {Anime-Planet} | {vndb}
 
Aug 11, 2015 1:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
Pushed out a update for the Seasonal Anime Page and the News Pages.

Edit: 8/11/2015 - Added some small graphical fixes/additions for FLAT
Edit: 8/13/2015 - More Black added to FLAT, too much white.

Preview of FLAT (Updated): http://i.imgur.com/JwZCNq1.png
Modified by Metricx, Aug 13, 2015 7:30 PM
 
Aug 14, 2015 6:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
Update - Aug 16, 2015
- Forum edits, additions and new features.
~~MyAnimeList - MAL Flat~~

http://userstyles.org/styles/97244/mal-flat

A very clean and minimal theme for Myanimelist. Most of the theme consists of Flat Styles / Colors with some clean tweaks and additions.
[/quote]
Modified by Metricx, Aug 16, 2015 1:11 PM
 
Aug 16, 2015 2:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 428
Nice updates. It works well with the latest site changes.
 
Aug 16, 2015 3:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
5hRreDDy said:
Nice updates. It works well with the latest site changes.

Thanks, working on the News Page. Going to make it fit in a bit more. Just pushed out another update for Flat that makes the hover info better looking.



Edit:
Update - Aug 16, 2015
- Featured News Pages UI Changes.
MyAnimeList - MAL Flat

http://userstyles.org/styles/97244/mal-flat

A very clean and minimal theme for Myanimelist. Most of the theme consists of Flat Styles / Colors with some clean tweaks and additions.
[/quote]
Modified by Metricx, Aug 18, 2015 5:50 PM
 
Aug 18, 2015 6:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 412
Not sure if this was reported, but menu buttons are messed up a bit, probably due to recent update:


P.S.: Also, MAL's login and register buttons in top right corner un-styled in Flat theme. Add Watch page as well.

Currently using Flat theme and I've gotta say that it's good one as well. ^^ Really nice work, mate.
Modified by Deth93, Aug 18, 2015 11:25 AM
{MyAnimeList} | {AniDB} | {Manga Updates} | {Anime-Planet} | {vndb}
 
Aug 18, 2015 5:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
Deth93 said:
Not sure if this was reported, but menu buttons are messed up a bit, probably due to recent update:

P.S.: Also, MAL's login and register buttons in top right corner un-styled in Flat theme. Add Watch page as well.

Currently using Flat theme and I've gotta say that it's good one as well. ^^ Really nice work, mate.


Thanks pushing out updates now.

Update - Aug 18, 2015
MyAnimeList - MAL Flat
- Added Watch Page to Style, Fixed Login Buttons, & Removed Watch Banner

http://userstyles.org/styles/97244/mal-flat

A very clean and minimal theme for Myanimelist. Most of the theme consists of Flat Styles / Colors with some clean tweaks and additions.
MyAnimeList - Modernized
- Added Watch Page to Style, & Fixed Navigation

http://userstyles.org/styles/83319/myanimelist-modernized

This is a clean design that I use a really sleek / clean look. There are some layout fixes and many changes to the general style of Myanimelist.net
Modified by Metricx, Aug 18, 2015 6:14 PM
 
Aug 19, 2015 7:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 412
Expert on the scene. :D hehe
Thanks for the amazing work, mate. :)
Proudly using your themes since.. Well, since I joined this club. :D hehe Not sure when that happened.

Cheers!
{MyAnimeList} | {AniDB} | {Manga Updates} | {Anime-Planet} | {vndb}
 
Aug 22, 2015 7:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
Thanks for supporting theme! I try to keep them both updated and working when I can.
Update - Aug 22, 2015
MyAnimeList - Modernized
- Fixed Watch Page displaying 2 items per line and updated image links to imgur

http://userstyles.org/styles/83319/myanimelist-modernized

This is a clean design that I use a really sleek / clean look. There are some layout fixes and many changes to the general style of Myanimelist.net
 
Aug 30, 2015 11:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
Update - Aug 30, 2015
MyAnimeList - MAL Flat
- Fixed Header Navigation Bug

http://userstyles.org/styles/97244/mal-flat

A very clean and minimal theme for Myanimelist. Most of the theme consists of Flat Styles / Colors with some clean tweaks and additions.
MyAnimeList - Modernized
- Fixed Header Navigation Bug

http://userstyles.org/styles/83319/myanimelist-modernized

This is a clean design that I use a really sleek / clean look. There are some layout fixes and many changes to the general style of Myanimelist.net
 
Sep 18, 2015 3:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 412
Minor issue: http://s18.postimg.org/3yppafuo9/screenshot.png
Add to My List button isn't style if you're not logged in. It appears correctly after you log in, though.
{MyAnimeList} | {AniDB} | {Manga Updates} | {Anime-Planet} | {vndb}
 
Sep 18, 2015 7:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
Deth93 said:
Minor issue: http://s18.postimg.org/3yppafuo9/screenshot.png
Add to My List button isn't style if you're not logged in. It appears correctly after you log in, though.

Should be good to go now.
 
Oct 17, 2015 1:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 412
It surely is. :D
Though now MAL Flat could use some darker colors on text for Clubs, Forum, etc. on profile page.

Modernized one still looks good, so I'll use that one in the meantime, until MAL's done updating. TwT

EDIT: Minor issue on forum topics:
http://s23.postimg.org/s2cds8hbv/Fire_Shot_Screen_Capture_129_Metricx_Themes.jpg
Modified by Deth93, Oct 17, 2015 1:13 AM
{MyAnimeList} | {AniDB} | {Manga Updates} | {Anime-Planet} | {vndb}
 
Oct 18, 2015 3:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 84
Deth93 said:
It surely is. :D
Though now MAL Flat could use some darker colors on text for Clubs, Forum, etc. on profile page.

Modernized one still looks good, so I'll use that one in the meantime, until MAL's done updating. TwT

EDIT: Minor issue on forum topics:
http://s23.postimg.org/s2cds8hbv/Fire_Shot_Screen_Capture_129_Metricx_Themes.jpg

Pushed out some quick updates for both themes will be working more on fixes later tonight.
 
Oct 25, 2015 5:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 412
Awesome work, as always. :)
{MyAnimeList} | {AniDB} | {Manga Updates} | {Anime-Planet} | {vndb}
 
Pages (2) [1] 2 »