3It was OK
10.8%
2Disliked it
3.5%
1Hated it
2.0%
Average 4.4
399 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 18, 2013 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh God, Misaki is still cheerful as ever. Kinda funny finding her in that closet. Oh and seems like she's a pro gamer as well. What a boss.

The episode was alright imo, wasn't the best or anything but kinda cute seeing two cats come together. That photo the group took was pretty funny. Can't also forget Ryuunosuke in it :P

Oh the memories.
Feb 18, 2013 8:47 AM

May 2009
Whole episode for flashback, meh.
Feb 18, 2013 9:00 AM

Dec 2012
wow this show is terrible.....
Feb 18, 2013 9:18 AM
Apr 2012
Why the hell did they waste an entire episode adapting an unimportant and uninteresting side volume? There's only five episodes remaining with three volumes that need to be adapted, since, if this doesn't conclude with the ending to the eighth volume, then there will be no resolution to the story whatsoever.
Feb 18, 2013 10:15 AM
Jul 2012
Just saw the comments.Damn they still didn't cover shinna and sorta if they didn't show it and the drama, may drop this show. Another episode i should skip.
Feb 18, 2013 12:29 PM

Jul 2010
Not much to talk about this episode. At least Misaki was energetic as ever.
Feb 18, 2013 1:07 PM

Oct 2012
wow, for a flashback episode, it was more enjoyable than I thought
Feb 18, 2013 2:55 PM
Oct 2009
I liked this ep better than the regular ones, probably because there wasn't the over-the-top drama between Sorata, Shiina and Nanami. I can already smell the upcoming unnecessary drama though lol. I hope the end will be satisfying and somewhat give the series closure, but I'm not too optimistic about it.
Feb 18, 2013 4:46 PM

May 2010
a flash back episode so late in the show? kinda random
Feb 18, 2013 5:01 PM

Jan 2011
Personally, I think this episode being a flashback was perfect. I mean they were told that Sakurasou is getting demolished and everyone is remembering all the memories about Sakurasou, good, bad or plain-annoying. Misaki was a seriously crazy energetic 'alien' to begin with, Jin was a playboy, Chihiro sensei was a laid-back teacher that fails at dating/love and Akasaka was a ghost LOL! His maid sending automated messages back to Sorata was hilarious.
Feb 18, 2013 5:17 PM
Apr 2010
Complete waste of an episode. I don't understand why you'd do this, it serves no purpose. I get that everyone's supposed to feel bad for the incoming demolition but having an entire episode of flashback does nothing. Wondering if the main triangle will even get resolved by the time this show is over.
Feb 18, 2013 5:25 PM

Jan 2010
Pretty much guess this will need a damn season two :/
This episode could have easilly be avoided.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2013 5:33 PM

Jul 2009
what's with the first few commenters of this thread having rods up their ass.
must be the same people who click refresh far too often.

great episode, fun flashback, provided even more reasons to what makes sakurasou special and why it's worth saving
Feb 18, 2013 5:38 PM

Oct 2012
Kurogashi said:

great episode, fun flashback, provided even more reasons to what makes sakurasou special and why it's worth saving
Rods up ther ass??
Feb 18, 2013 5:52 PM

Jun 2012
Great episode, it was so enjoyable to see Sorata join Sakurasou, they are family. When the flashback ended, it was a complete change in atmosphere, so saddening. Now it's time for their hard work to go into saving Sakurasou.
5/5.

Feb 18, 2013 5:53 PM
Jul 2012
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Kurogashi said:

Rods up ther ass??

Da hell?
Feb 18, 2013 6:27 PM
Apr 2012
Kurogashi said:

Because, with only six episodes remaining and three volumes to adapt, I’d vastly prefer if one of them wasn’t wasted on an unnecessary flashback, since a satisfying conclusion is far more important. This entire episode, though somewhat enjoyable, was completely inconsequential and foreshadows an insanely rushed ending, or, even worse, it lends credence to the possibility that it will conclude with the end of volume six instead, which barely resolves anything. Not all criticism is invalid.
Feb 18, 2013 6:40 PM

Sep 2012
There won't be a second season.

It's impossible to adapt all the volumes of Sakurasou, as there are still volumes to be released. If you watched Toradora!, the ending will be similar if not exactly the same. Anime only ending.
Feb 18, 2013 6:53 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
lindsayzzz said:
Personally, I think this episode being a flashback was perfect. I mean they were told that Sakurasou is getting demolished and everyone is remembering all the memories about Sakurasou, good, bad or plain-annoying.

I think the ones who are complaining are people who've read the LNs. I would be too if I had read them and knowing that there are better/more materials to cover. However, the season is coming to an end anyways, there's no way they could've covered everything. Eight volumes? I think that's too much to ask. It would be nice though if they could make a second season, depending whether or not it's an original anime ending. I think it's unlikely to happen though :(

But I actually enjoyed this episode. It's nice to know Sorata's experience coming to Sakurasou. No aliens or ghosts? Pweesh, you've got both XD

Sorata: "Before you know it, all the things you've hated become memories too."
It's not about just tearing down Sakurasou, but it's also about having to break apart a "family." Idk, I'm always so envious of the fun atmosphere of Sakurasou and the way they do things there, despite having very weird people around. And Sorata won't be able to take care of Mashiro anymore.
Feb 18, 2013 7:03 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode.
Im not a fan of when Sorata yells in surprise during the flashback.
No romance till the end it looks like.
Feb 18, 2013 7:03 PM

May 2012
Justicemannio said:
There won't be a second season.

It's impossible to adapt all the volumes of Sakurasou, as there are still volumes to be released. If you watched Toradora!, the ending will be similar if not exactly the same. Anime only ending.
I agree entirely, I just hope the ending will be better than Toradora's.
Feb 18, 2013 8:07 PM

Jul 2012
Well, I don't mind the flashback as it does add importance to their determination about preventing the demolition. I guess it could have been avoided and be put in better use as it's not one of the better episodes
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Feb 18, 2013 8:16 PM
Dec 2012
Good episode. I enjoyed it. Kinda miraculous that Sorata survived in Sakurasou despite so many probs.

Must be fun to live there. Those students are lucky.
Feb 18, 2013 8:54 PM
Oct 2010
wonder why they are tearing it down
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Feb 2013
For a flashback episode, it was good. I think it's because I was intrigued on everyone's reactions were when he moved in, since they didn't show it up until now.

Good stuff, can't wait to watch the next one.

Dec 2011
Neverending tsukkomi of Sorata.
And this is the turning point of Sorata... where from the start he always said that he will move back to the regular dorm immediately.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2013 8:57 PM
Jul 2018
This is a Meh Episode.... just a basic flashback that is all...
Feb 18, 2013 9:02 PM

Aug 2012
Episode 18 had me so hyped for this episode and to find it to be a meaningless flashback which offered nothing new or interesting to me.
Feb 18, 2013 9:08 PM

Jan 2012
Looved this episode!!!!!! (as always) xD

It was nice/HILARIOUS to watch the flashbacks of Sorata moving in xDDDD lol

5/5 Can't wait for next wks~

Feb 18, 2013 9:22 PM

Mar 2012
Admittedly, I'm a little worried about pacing because there's only 5 episodes left to cover a lot of ground it seems. But the record with Sakurasou so far is pretty stellar so I trust it will turn out alright.

This episode was pretty sweet overall. I'm kind of surprised they did a full flashback episode, but it does explain a lot of things to start off with, and it was pretty fun. Onto the next episode we go. Defense of Sakurasou may take 2 episodes, with the last 3 devoted to the pairing?...
Feb 18, 2013 10:00 PM

Jan 2010
Wow did that suck, even as flashbacks go. How could you have an entire episode devoted to just a couple of events and not have anything new come to light? What was the point? Everything covered in this, with perhaps the exception of why Misaki and Kanda call each other what they do, is already known. If they had to waste an entire episode, immediately after a shocking revelation, then why not do something interesting with it. Like have another character's perspective, or a different memory. Why have a full episode of Misaki and Kanda yelling at each other?

I think it's time to lower my score on this.
Feb 18, 2013 10:19 PM

Nov 2007
If I keep my score for this anime at an 8/10, I will be doing injustice to other shows.

This anime has become plain mediocre. Guess it's time I start counting the episodes and hope it ends fast.

Dropped my overall rating for this anime to a 7/10.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 18, 2013 10:56 PM
Sep 2012
I thought that this was a nice episode. It certainly wasn't as good as other ones, but it was still nice to see what it was like when Sorata first moved in. Hope that it does get better though since I really want to raise my score for this show.
Feb 18, 2013 11:15 PM
Mar 2011
this arc about saving sakurasou better end quickly. they need to get back to the character drama/interactions than a story about the building.
"....i am the villain in this story"
Feb 18, 2013 11:38 PM
Dec 2010
I'd have to admit this is one flashback episode that didn't overly annoy me or feel completely out place. It does a good job of showing the background of Sakurasou and possibly making it harder to let go of (Memories behind it).

I don't really expect them to be able to cram the whole LN series into 24 episodes, but it's been an enjoyable experience so far.
Feb 18, 2013 11:42 PM

Aug 2010
Feels so darn dragged out...Still, it wasn't a bad episode per se, just not what I was waiting for this whole past week. 3/5.
Feb 18, 2013 11:59 PM

Sep 2012
Hydnlife said:
a flash back episode so late in the show? kinda random
Put into the context of the news of Sakuraso being pulled down, how can you say it is random?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 19, 2013 12:31 AM

May 2011
What's up with the negative comments? I actually really liked this episode, it was good for a flashback one. Adds weight to the 'threat' of demolition, too. c:

I wouldn't be too worried about SorataxMashiro relationship being unfinished, I am kind of expecting it to get dealt with in the last two episodes or so.

Or hoping so. I'd be really disappointed if this ended up like one of the generic harem animes.
Feb 19, 2013 12:36 AM

Sep 2012
Vokoca said:
Or hoping so. I'd be really disappointed if this ended up like one of the generic harem animes.
It will be at most a triangle, so it should not become a harem, much less a generic harem.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 19, 2013 12:48 AM

Jan 2010
I love me some Fatal Fury :3

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Feb 19, 2013 12:48 AM

May 2011
symbv said:
Vokoca said:
It will be at most a triangle, so it should not become a harem, much less a generic harem.

Well, that's what I meant, more or less. I'm hoping it won't have that sort of 'indecisive' ending. ^^
Feb 19, 2013 2:25 AM

Dec 2010
Considering the amount of episodes left not the most needed flashback but it was still enjoyable and amusing considering his first reactions.
Feb 19, 2013 3:05 AM

May 2009
Hahaha, was that Fatal Fury? Seriously, was that Fatal Fury 2 i saw at 11:30? :D
Feb 19, 2013 3:40 AM

May 2010
Flashback wow...this late in show
Feb 19, 2013 3:42 AM

May 2009
x3mslayer said:
Hahaha, was that Fatal Fury? Seriously, was that Fatal Fury 2 i saw at 11:30? :D

Yes.,
Feb 19, 2013 3:56 AM

Aug 2012
lindsayzzz said:
Personally, I think this episode being a flashback was perfect. I mean they were told that Sakurasou is getting demolished and everyone is remembering all the memories about Sakurasou, good, bad or plain-annoying.

That's what I thought too, so a flashback may not be a bad choice, although I'm eager to see what will happen in the love triangle. Can't wait to find out.

My Youtube page: link
Feb 19, 2013 3:59 AM
Jul 2012
shanimebib said:
If I keep my score for this anime at an 8/10, I will be doing injustice to other shows.

This anime has become plain mediocre. Guess it's time I start counting the episodes and hope it ends fast.

Dropped my overall rating for this anime to a 7/10.

This
Feb 19, 2013 4:31 AM

Dec 2009
... why was there Noby Noby Boy music?

I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 19, 2013 4:45 AM

Sep 2011
Sometimes I tend to dislike flashbacks but still this episode is enjoying.

Feb 19, 2013 5:05 AM

Oct 2012
Ok episode, not very good but wasn't bad either. I guess they are preparing ground for big finale.
I don't think there is so many things that needs to be concluded in anime though (haven't read VN):
- Sorata x Mashiro relationship
- some conclusion for Nanami (talk with Sorata and also with that admirer of her)
- Ryuunosuke x Rita relationship
- save Sakurasou

... and that's it. Pretty small amount of things that needs to be handled in next five episodes (~100 minutes of movie)
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

639 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 25, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

319 by Fadhil01dx »»
Feb 24, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Shiina vs Aoyama ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Genomax - Nov 13, 2012

490 by rishamr »»
Feb 19, 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.