Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Little Busters! Episode 19 Discussion


#1
Feb 16, 2013 5:57 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 7092
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA OR VISUAL NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well... damn! No Kud x Riki alone time with the studying so I suppose it will be like the others. But I guess it's still okay since Kud is still cute as hell. Not a bad first episode for her arc either, they had that study session going and the girls making fun of her too. Eagerly awaiting the better parts of Kud's arc.

Edit: Also, switching back to my Kud sig while this arc is going. Wafu~
Modified by -Kenshin-, Feb 16, 2013 6:08 AM
 
#2
Feb 16, 2013 6:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 15651
kenshin_sama said:
Well... damn! No Kud x Riki alone time with the studying so I suppose it will be like the others. But I guess it's still okay since Kud is still cute as hell. Not a bad first episode for her arc either, they had that study session going and the girls making fun of her too. Eagerly awaiting the better parts of Kud's arc.


Though her arc will be stalled for the meantime on the next episode.


 
#3
Feb 16, 2013 6:07 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 7092
Sa-chan_ said:
kenshin_sama said:
Well... damn! No Kud x Riki alone time with the studying so I suppose it will be like the others. But I guess it's still okay since Kud is still cute as hell. Not a bad first episode for her arc either, they had that study session going and the girls making fun of her too. Eagerly awaiting the better parts of Kud's arc.


Though her arc will be stalled for the meantime on the next episode.

Yeah, that's true. :( But that's fine, I can wait another two weeks for it.
 
#4
Feb 16, 2013 6:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 114503
Alright, looks like Haruka's arc is over from last time so this episode was a refreshing watch. Watching Kud reading in class was cute as hell. I think the episode was okay overall. Oh and those three girls @ the tables pissed me off. Good thing Kurugaya came and Riki was there. Poor Kud ;.;. I'm glad she feels a bit better later this episode though!



Wafu!
 
#5
Feb 16, 2013 7:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 127
The start of the episode... :P

Only Kud's theme was remixed? :O Would've loved to hear piano versions of other girls' themes.

... Anyway, I paid attention to the music placement this time around and it was... so bad LOL.

The overall episode was okay though, I guess. :O
"Now's the time for you to run towards the day you awaken from this dream."

~Boys be Smile
 
#6
Feb 16, 2013 8:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 756
OLHearts said:
The start of the episode... :P

Only Kud's theme was remixed? :O Would've loved to hear piano versions of other girls' themes.

... Anyway, I paid attention to the music placement this time around and it was... so bad LOL.

The overall episode was okay though, I guess. :O


lol yea the start.. was the most blatant thing i've ever seen in my life LOL


Masato looked so fucking smug right here

and yea i agree. the music placement was absolutely cringeworthy this episode. they played ame nochi hare for like 5 seconds.
straight up, i'm pretty sure any one of us would have a better sense of sound direction.
Modified by Funya-Usagi, Feb 16, 2013 8:16 AM
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Website: Check us out for weekly releases!
 
#7
Feb 16, 2013 8:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 15651
My head is spinning throughout the whole episode.


And Will&Wish OST was totally out of place and they messed it up. But still,


 
#8
Feb 16, 2013 8:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1802
Funya-Usagi said:


lol yea the start.. was the most blatant thing i've ever seen in my life LOL

Masato looked so fucking smug right here


I feel like I've seen this scene before...


Mmm I'm watching it without subs but I don't know Japanese. I still get what's going on. I feel like the loss of romance (just for the moment, hopefully) being replaced with everyone in the Little Busters helping out was a good development.
Everyone sticking up for Kud was pretty godlike in terms of friendship.
Kud remix was cool. They need some more remixes like this. The soundtrack doesn't feel unique to the anime right now, it's mostly copied from the VN. This isn't a huge issue because I thought LB's VN music was exceptional, compared to something like Rewrite which feels more generic to me (personal opinion).

Modified by Vladz0r, Feb 16, 2013 9:28 AM
 
#9
Feb 16, 2013 8:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 124
Arguably one of the best Little Busters episodes in terms of animation quality and storyboarding. I believe it's either post-Index Movie JC Staff or JC Staff is a bunch of lolicons.

I'm going for the latter~
I work in VNs. Sometimes, they have h-scenes and I go "waai~". I also like to not write at Oppai is Justice, a blog with great urls.
 
Feb 16, 2013 8:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 15651
Yukariki said:
Arguably one of the best Little Busters episodes in terms of animation quality and storyboarding. I believe it's either post-Index Movie JC Staff or JC Staff is a bunch of lolicons.

I'm going for the latter~


The latter indeed. Since the Rie Tsundere-lolis.


 
Feb 16, 2013 9:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1802
I didn't understand a lot of the second half because I don't speak Japanese, but it seemed pretty good. I love the LB crew helping out with her studying and found it hilarious during some parts.

Clear Weather After the Rain playing during the test? Lol didn't see why they did this.

Um, can someone explain to me why towards the end of the episode why Kud was crying, and why she made up? I couldn't follow what happened, and why she ran away when Komari+Rin+etc. were looking for her, right before Riki caught up to her.
 
Feb 16, 2013 10:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 124
Sa-chan_ said:
Yukariki said:
Arguably one of the best Little Busters episodes in terms of animation quality and storyboarding. I believe it's either post-Index Movie JC Staff or JC Staff is a bunch of lolicons.

I'm going for the latter~


The latter indeed. Since the Rie Tsundere-lolis.


Good to see JC Staff being JC Staff again~

Vladz0r said:
Um, can someone explain to me why towards the end of the episode why Kud was crying, and why she made up? I couldn't follow what happened, and why she ran away when Komari+Rin+etc. were looking for her, right before Riki caught up to her.


IIRC:



Basically, everyone is a bro and friendship is magic.
I work in VNs. Sometimes, they have h-scenes and I go "waai~". I also like to not write at Oppai is Justice, a blog with great urls.
 
Feb 16, 2013 10:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 756
actually, kud placed her answers in the wrong answer boxes and realized it right at the end. Haruka is actually the one who got 85/100 but lied and said she also failed and had to take supplementary classes so kud wouldn't be alone.

and they're getting really freaking good at baseball (that double play).. are they going to win? probably.. i'm just so used to losing against that GOD LIKE rival team

also in the beginning where you hear all the girl's voices. could anyone make out what kurugaya said? it sounded really muffled
Modified by Funya-Usagi, Feb 16, 2013 10:27 AM
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Website: Check us out for weekly releases!
 
Feb 16, 2013 10:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 580
Wow... so bad sound direction, WTF with Will&Wish xD... but the animation so well doing :D

Haruka so awesome~
 
Feb 16, 2013 11:38 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 7092
Funya-Usagi said:
and they're getting really freaking good at baseball (that double play).. are they going to win? probably.. i'm just so used to losing against that GOD LIKE rival team

Ikr? No matter what you do, that team is impossible to beat in the VN. It looks like they have a chance in the anime at least!
 
Feb 16, 2013 12:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 272
kenshin_sama said:
Funya-Usagi said:
and they're getting really freaking good at baseball (that double play).. are they going to win? probably.. i'm just so used to losing against that GOD LIKE rival team

Ikr? No matter what you do, that team is impossible to beat in the VN. It looks like they have a chance in the anime at least!



"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
 
Feb 16, 2013 12:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 15651
Mary_Vanucchi said:
kenshin_sama said:
Funya-Usagi said:
and they're getting really freaking good at baseball (that double play).. are they going to win? probably.. i'm just so used to losing against that GOD LIKE rival team

Ikr? No matter what you do, that team is impossible to beat in the VN. It looks like they have a chance in the anime at least!




It's still possible to win just only on your first playthrough. You should just know what you are doing.


 
Feb 16, 2013 12:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 272
Sa-chan_ said:
Mary_Vanucchi said:
kenshin_sama said:
Funya-Usagi said:
and they're getting really freaking good at baseball (that double play).. are they going to win? probably.. i'm just so used to losing against that GOD LIKE rival team

Ikr? No matter what you do, that team is impossible to beat in the VN. It looks like they have a chance in the anime at least!




It's still possible to win just only on your first playthrough. You should just know what you are doing.


Really? I thought their stats would be too low for that.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
 
Feb 16, 2013 12:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 15651
Mary_Vanucchi said:
Sa-chan_ said:
Mary_Vanucchi said:
kenshin_sama said:
Funya-Usagi said:
and they're getting really freaking good at baseball (that double play).. are they going to win? probably.. i'm just so used to losing against that GOD LIKE rival team

Ikr? No matter what you do, that team is impossible to beat in the VN. It looks like they have a chance in the anime at least!




It's still possible to win just only on your first playthrough. You should just know what you are doing.


Really? I thought their stats would be too low for that.


Indeed but still I managed to win. Maybe it was pure luck on that time.


 
Feb 16, 2013 12:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 756
did anybody else catch the air reference?

GOOEY PEACH CONCENTRATE
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Website: Check us out for weekly releases!
 
Feb 16, 2013 12:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 226
Mary_Vanucchi said:
Really? I thought their stats would be too low for that.


Of course, you just need Komarimax.

 
Feb 16, 2013 12:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 272
Sa-chan_ said:
Mary_Vanucchi said:
Sa-chan_ said:
Mary_Vanucchi said:
kenshin_sama said:
Funya-Usagi said:
and they're getting really freaking good at baseball (that double play).. are they going to win? probably.. i'm just so used to losing against that GOD LIKE rival team

Ikr? No matter what you do, that team is impossible to beat in the VN. It looks like they have a chance in the anime at least!




It's still possible to win just only on your first playthrough. You should just know what you are doing.


Really? I thought their stats would be too low for that.


Indeed but still I managed to win. Maybe it was pure luck on that time.


Wow o.o

Anyway, waiting for subs, which means that probably I'll just watch tomorrow. And since it's Kud arc now, I bet the animation is better than usual.

Yandy said:
Mary_Vanucchi said:
Really? I thought their stats would be too low for that.


Of course, you just need Komarimax.



Komari FTW

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
 
Feb 16, 2013 12:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 15651
Mary_Vanucchi said:
I bet the animation is better than usual.


From what I see, some designs were inconsistent. Well, I don't give a shit about animation and design faults so it doesn't matter to me.


For instance, some of Kanata's face design though I'm too lazy to screenshot that.


 
Feb 16, 2013 12:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 272
Sa-chan_ said:
Mary_Vanucchi said:
I bet the animation is better than usual.


From what I see, some designs were inconsistent. Well, I don't give a shit about animation and design faults so it doesn't matter to me.


For instance, some of Kanata's face design though I'm too lazy to screenshot that.


Nah, that was more a tongue-in-cheek comment. Some few inconsistences are too glaring for me, but I don't like to pick too much against design faults.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
 
Feb 16, 2013 12:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 290
Oh yay, I'm glad that I'm not the only person that thought that the music placing is strange. In particular, I hated the placements of Will&Wish, Clear Weather after the rain instrumental, and maybe? Melancholy of a Troubled Girl. Very upsetting as the LB! track is amazing ]: And the art got strange during the last 1/2 to 1/3 of the episode T__T

Well, I thought it was a decent episode overall though. I'm glad that they added the Foreigner thing and showed angry Kurugaya XD

And for the baseball game, I had to reload the baseball match a dozen times during my first playthrough to win the game OTL
 
Feb 16, 2013 12:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2134
I can't stop laughing how cute Kud was trying to say "prime minister" at the beginning.
 
Feb 16, 2013 12:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 756
any idea what masato was holding in the beginning? Kind of looks like a baseball bat but not sure
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Website: Check us out for weekly releases!
 
Feb 16, 2013 12:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 15651
Mary_Vanucchi said:

Nah, that was more a tongue-in-cheek comment. Some few inconsistences are too glaring for me, but I don't like to pick too much against design faults.


I never nitpicked some design faults to begin with but I can still point them out. Sure it could be kind of disturbing but getting rage at that is kinda childish on my point of view. Maybe that depends on our preferences, more or less.

dizzyworld2 said:



But Kud's arc will be stalled for the meantime on the next episode. Though I doubt they will include that if it's just something trivial(Because I forgot about the bat symbolism).


 
Feb 16, 2013 12:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 272
Sa-chan_ said:
Mary_Vanucchi said:

Nah, that was more a tongue-in-cheek comment. Some few inconsistences are too glaring for me, but I don't like to pick too much against design faults.


I never nitpicked some design faults to begin with but I can still point them out. Sure it could be kind of disturbing but getting rage at that is kinda childish on my point of view. Maybe that depends on our preferences, more or less.


Oops, I didn't mean that you were nitpicking about design. My bad.

Sa-chan_ said:
dizzyworld2 said:



But Kud's arc will be stalled for the meantime on the next episode. Though I doubt they will include that if it's just something trivial(Because I forgot about the bat symbolism).


Talking about the next episode, I still don't understand why the staff choose to include one common route episode between Kud's arc. Unless they want to add something about Kud on it, the "break" would possibly make the pacing... weird. I dunno.
Maybe they wanted a break with common route stuff so they can save budget for route episodes?

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
 
Feb 16, 2013 1:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 15651
Mary_Vanucchi said:

Talking about the next episode, I still don't understand why the staff choose to include one common route episode between Kud's arc. Unless they want to add something about Kud on it, the "break" would possibly make the pacing... weird. I dunno.
Maybe they wanted a break with common route stuff so they can save budget for route episodes?


I don't even know what are they thinking... It's more appropriate to continue Kud's arc. But since the next episode will be 'romance-hinted' involve, probably because they're hinting us that they will finally use the romance elements in the future.
Modified by Tennouji, Feb 16, 2013 1:03 PM


 
Feb 16, 2013 1:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 434
Sa-chan_ said:
Mary_Vanucchi said:

Talking about the next episode, I still don't understand why the staff choose to include one common route episode between Kud's arc. Unless they want to add something about Kud on it, the "break" would possibly make the pacing... weird. I dunno.
Maybe they wanted a break with common route stuff so they can save budget for route episodes?


I don't even know what are they thinking... It's more appropriate to continue Kud's arc. But since the next episode will be 'romance-hinted' involve, probably because they're hinting us that they will finally use the romance elements in the future.


Well, they probably thought it was fine seeing as the latest episode seemed kind of like a common route episode and there would be three Kud eps in a row. I guess you could count it sort of like a second intro ep for Kud. I mean, everyone seemed fine with ep 7 hinting Haruka's route but the route actually starting at ep 16.
 
Feb 16, 2013 1:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1802
Seano299 said:


Well, they probably thought it was fine seeing as the latest episode seemed kind of like a common route episode and there would be three Kud eps in a row. I guess you could count it sort of like a second intro ep for Kud. I mean, everyone seemed fine with ep 7 hinting Haruka's route but the route actually starting at ep 16.


Yeah, but episode 7 wasn't actually part of Kud's route, when episode 19 was.
There's a difference between hinting it and starting it.
Why the break? No clue yet.
 
Feb 16, 2013 1:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 33553
Okay, I don´t expect much from this episode, I think this will be only a introduction for Kud´s arc, or a Common Route episode...
Let´s wait until 3 A.M...


This is how it all begins.



My RYM|My Last.Fm|My Steam
 
Feb 16, 2013 1:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 434
Vladz0r said:
Seano299 said:


Well, they probably thought it was fine seeing as the latest episode seemed kind of like a common route episode and there would be three Kud eps in a row. I guess you could count it sort of like a second intro ep for Kud. I mean, everyone seemed fine with ep 7 hinting Haruka's route but the route actually starting at ep 16.


Yeah, but episode 7 wasn't actually part of Kud's route, when episode 19 was.
There's a difference between hinting it and starting it.
Why the break? No clue yet.


Episode 7 was pretty much part of Haruka's route. Episode 19 was about equal to that. It's setting the soil for the main plot of her route. I also feel that the reason for having the break there is to make the next 3 eps feel a little like a route considering all the other routes were 3 eps. It's probably to do with consistency so that anime viewers woul feel that this is more of a common route ep, which it really does feel like.
 
Feb 16, 2013 2:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 290
Sa-chan_ said:
dizzyworld2 said:



But Kud's arc will be stalled for the meantime on the next episode. Though I doubt they will include that if it's just something trivial(Because I forgot about the bat symbolism).

Whoops, completely forgot about that XD
then I hope that it will be incorporated in Kud's 2nd or 3rd episode.
 
Feb 16, 2013 3:55 PM
Ohayousoro7 ⛵

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 4159
Seems like J.C. Staff needs to hire a better music director :(
 
Feb 16, 2013 4:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 272
Seano299 said:
Vladz0r said:
Seano299 said:


Well, they probably thought it was fine seeing as the latest episode seemed kind of like a common route episode and there would be three Kud eps in a row. I guess you could count it sort of like a second intro ep for Kud. I mean, everyone seemed fine with ep 7 hinting Haruka's route but the route actually starting at ep 16.


Yeah, but episode 7 wasn't actually part of Kud's route, when episode 19 was.
There's a difference between hinting it and starting it.
Why the break? No clue yet.


Episode 7 was pretty much part of Haruka's route. Episode 19 was about equal to that. It's setting the soil for the main plot of her route. I also feel that the reason for having the break there is to make the next 3 eps feel a little like a route considering all the other routes were 3 eps. It's probably to do with consistency so that anime viewers woul feel that this is more of a common route ep, which it really does feel like.


True, if you're saying that scenes from the episode 07 were from Haruka's route in the VN. But the staff incorporated in the anime as a part of the common route, to make her character introduction easier. We just returned to Haruka story weeks after.

Homever, the situation here seems different. We have no more introductions to do and they're clearly aiming to tell Kud's route now. That's why put a common route episode in middle of it seems questionable.
Modified by Miyamoris, Feb 16, 2013 5:07 PM

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
 
Feb 16, 2013 6:05 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 7092
Mary_Vanucchi said:
kenshin_sama said:
Funya-Usagi said:
and they're getting really freaking good at baseball (that double play).. are they going to win? probably.. i'm just so used to losing against that GOD LIKE rival team

Ikr? No matter what you do, that team is impossible to beat in the VN. It looks like they have a chance in the anime at least!



Ah well, I guess that's what happens when you only do batting games for the first couple playthroughs. I'll have to go back and try it again sometime later.
 
Feb 16, 2013 7:20 PM
Kanade♥

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 9796
Good episode IMO. Was quite well done, was nice to see the team help kud and even come to remedial class just for her.
 
Feb 16, 2013 7:35 PM
SMM2 Enthusiast

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 7506
Highlight of the episode for me was when the entire team came to the remedial classes so Kud won't be alone.

It was a good episode and Kud's Engrish is always adorable~ WAFU! It amazes me that she can easily learn complicated stuff yet struggles with the simpler things. :0

And Haru-chin was cool in this episode! :3
 
Feb 16, 2013 7:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 5159
Yep it's a Kud episode just look at that animation quality,agree with everyone on the sound director should be fired lol but it was a nice touch on when the whole team showed up in class :)

but dat opening scene
 
Feb 16, 2013 7:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 431
The music placement was weird in this episode, especially Will & Wish.


But the animation looks good.
 
Feb 16, 2013 7:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 5
Wafuu!! good adaptation imho.

 
Feb 16, 2013 7:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 395
lolololol love kud's engrish

next week looks to be the lovesick dude, so i guess the kud route is continuing afterwards
i cant get over how hilarious it is every time rin cant pronounce sasasegawa's name xD


<img src="http://i47.tinypic.com/2mw85l2.jpg" />
 
Feb 16, 2013 8:00 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 7092
wilcruz2 said:

 
Feb 16, 2013 8:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 156
I love the friendship themes in this show. LB just keeps getting better and better for me. It's strange that next episode seems to be about something meaningless, but at least one of the side characters is coming back. I have two questions:

1. Why is Mio missing from the end of Haruka's arc? I thought that they would address that issue this week, but I guess not.

2. What's up with the beginning of this episode? I feel some
If it's a spoiler, then I don't want to know right now.

 
Feb 16, 2013 8:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 5
shirayuki75 said:

2. What's up with the beginning of this episode? I feel some
If it's a spoiler, then I don't want to know right now.


Mayor spoiler so you're good to not know :P
 
Feb 16, 2013 8:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 781
Aw, friendship pulls through in the end. Heart warming episode.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.





 
Feb 16, 2013 8:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1802
Damn, 25 people gave it 5/5, 1 gave it 4/4.
Bunch of loli hunters on MAL, it seems.

shirayuki75 said:
2. What's up with the beginning of this episode? I feel some
If it's a spoiler, then I don't want to know right now.


It's probably the second biggest thing you could spoil in Little Busters. It's related to the big mother spoiler of Little Busters.
 
Feb 16, 2013 8:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1276
MrJev said:
shirayuki75 said:

2. What's up with the beginning of this episode? I feel some
If it's a spoiler, then I don't want to know right now.


Mayor spoiler so you're good to not know :P


*Major spoiler

 
Top
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »