Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 16, 2013 12:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, I am happy that both Aoki and Hiramaru are getting more screen time this episode. Oh and looking good in that suit, huh Hiramaru? :P

Such a cute date. Lol @ Hiramaru this episode pretty much especially during that Ferris Wheel ride. Oh the joy. Lol, I got a lot of laughter from this latest episode. 5/5.
Feb 16, 2013 6:46 AM

Jan 2011
haha. This was one of the funniest and best episode of Bakuman so far XD
I wish Aoki and Hiramaru were the main charcaters :P

Nice propose Hiramaru! and gratz!

Feb 16, 2013 8:08 AM
Dec 2012
Hahaha Way to go, Hiramaru! You won her heart finally. And lol@Mr. Yoshida the great caretaker. No wonder he also cried a lot. haha

Overall I have always liked the characters of this anime since I watched the 1st season b/c they are caring for not only their romantic/working partners but also their competitors. I really love the series.

Is Ashirogi's manga going to be made into anime? If so, wow finally! Will he marry Azuki?
eminagnamFeb 16, 2013 8:40 AM
Feb 16, 2013 1:49 PM

Jul 2010
Onsen episode next time? Heh, that should be interesting.
Feb 16, 2013 6:57 PM

Apr 2008
I'm left with the feeling that I really want to read Reversi. Most of Ashirogi's works seem like they'd really be fun to read.
Feb 16, 2013 11:33 PM

Jan 2011
Hiramaru and Mr. Yoshida always gives me great joy watching them! i forget how fast time goes in this series they been dating for 2 years lol glad everything worked out for them...but dat ring 50Mil ;_;
Feb 17, 2013 12:07 AM

Apr 2007
that cliffhanger :( DAMN UUUUUUU

5 more to go!
Feb 17, 2013 12:43 AM
Jun 2010
How far Aoki has fallen.
(I might say the same for Ahirogi and Niizuma. However much the anime tries to tell me otherwise, Zombie and Reversi sound like garbage.)
Feb 17, 2013 1:29 AM

Jul 2012
Laughed through the whole first half, great episode! Makes me sad that there are only 5 more episodes.. but I can't wait for the next one :D
Feb 17, 2013 1:43 AM

May 2012
guava said:
How far Aoki has fallen.
(I might say the same for Ahirogi and Niizuma. However much the anime tries to tell me otherwise, Zombie and Reversi sound like garbage.)

garbage is a pretty strong word. i am saddened by your close mindedness
compared to the anime that has come out in recent seasons, i would take reversi and zombie gun over MANY of them.

how far aoki has fallen? fallen for hiramaru yes, i would too XD
Feb 17, 2013 3:17 AM

Sep 2008
Good episode I guess, but I hate Aoki's drastic change in character. That's the only complaint I really have with Bakuman.
Feb 17, 2013 3:52 AM

Jul 2010
Many people complain too much on Aoki's change of character. Facts for you guys:

1) It was two years since Hiramaru's first confession (and when they started dating)
2) Ashirogi was in HIGH SCHOOL when Aoki was first introduced (with that "character" that you associate her with)

This anime is not Sazae-san, people. They age and grow up; therefore, changes in character are imminent, especially the bonds between the characters in this series. Heck, since time in Bakuman flows real fast I might as well say that their bonds have improved off-screen. While a somewhat unfavorable premise for character development, it has to be that way because of the manga making industry that Bakuman portrays.

If that's not convincing enough:

3) Aoki has never dated anyone aside from Hiramaru

which makes the relationship between her and Hiramaru that much more important to her. Aoki is not two-dimensional, thus her somewhat nicer character recently...

...but I also thought that today's proposal scene was average and was not as captivating as the usual shojo -_-
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Feb 17, 2013 4:10 AM
Dec 2012
Bigbuffoon said:

I for one had slightly expected her to fall in love with Takagi before she met Hiramaru. I even thought he would ditch Miyoshi when he got close to Aoki in Bakuman 2.
Feb 17, 2013 4:34 AM

Jul 2010
eminagnam said:
Bigbuffoon said:

I for one had slightly expected her to fall in love with Takagi before she met Hiramaru. I even thought he would ditch Miyoshi when he got close to Aoki in Bakuman 2.
She did have a crush on Takagi, and for good reason. During that time, she wasn't that close to males in general, and then came Mr-Gentle-White-Knight-who-unfortunately-had-a-waifu. She definitely got depressed, until Fukuda and the panty drawing assistance. Since then, she has communicated well with males in general, and has become much nicer.

Your second statement is something that'll never happen in shounen lol

P.S. I kinda ship Aoki and Fukuda, but Fukuda is an asexual jackass, what can I do (jk)
Feb 17, 2013 4:50 AM

Apr 2011
Anime adaptation offer they are getting I am sure!!! But will they agree?;o

And Hiramaru + Yoshida are as hilarious as always :D Well done Hiramaru!!!
Feb 17, 2013 5:25 AM

Jun 2010
Gotta love the interaction of Hiramaru and Aoki this episode. The bitch red-haired girl finally made her appearance. Fucking bitch. Well, I know she is not really a bad girl but she's still a bitch. Man I don't even wanna see
Worst character in Bakuman.
Feb 17, 2013 5:37 AM

Dec 2009
-MgZ_ said:
Gotta love the interaction of Hiramaru and Aoki this episode. The bitch red-haired girl finally made her appearance. Fucking bitch. Well, I know she is not really a bad girl but she's still a bitch.

Really now?
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 17, 2013 5:59 AM

Feb 2012
This was a beautiful episode, really loved the first part, since all 3 of them, Yoshidashi, Hiramaru and Aoki are one of my favs, it was really nice to see them all happy.

The ending was amazing, looks like some studio is going to pick them up, can't wait.
Feb 17, 2013 6:30 AM

Jan 2012
Aww hiramaru :D Going to be so sad when this series ends.
Feb 17, 2013 6:32 AM

Jul 2010
-MgZ_ said:
Man I don't even wanna see

He has to appear...
Feb 17, 2013 6:35 AM

Sep 2011
'OHISASHIBLEACH DESU' pure win.
Feb 17, 2013 7:51 AM
Oct 2011
Bigbuffoon said:
P.S. I kinda ship Aoki and Fukuda, but Fukuda is an asexual jackass, what can I do (jk)

Omg i thought i was the only one! I ship them too!!! :3 sad that her time has been more dedicated to Hiramaru now. He's a funny character, though not really a fav character. But I'm happy for Aoki.

Gasp! An anime offer?!?!?!?! Pretty sad that there was only one company that approached them. Though i dont think they'll accept it until they think the manga's good enough.

I cant believe we only have 5 more eps left?!?!?!?! I'm gonna really miss Bakuman!!

"Do you know where hell is? Inside your head" - Chrona=
"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow" - Lelouch Lamperouge
"If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident" - Hei
"I want chocolate! No need for love!! Just give me sugar!!!" & "If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end" - Sakata Gintoki
Feb 17, 2013 8:50 AM

Dec 2012
cutest romance i'v seen in a while <3
5/5
Feb 17, 2013 9:34 AM

May 2012
after this series i definitely rewatch bakuman 1,2, and 3.. congrats hiramaru :)

Feb 17, 2013 10:14 AM

Apr 2012
I'm glad it didn't take a week to sub this...

Great episode, made me sad and excited. Good job Hiramaru... and good luck Reversi!
Feb 17, 2013 10:43 AM

May 2010
Awww, first half of this episode was sooo cute~ ! Yoshida-shi and Hiramaru are just loveable.
Bigbuffoon said:
2) Ashirogi was in HIGH SCHOOL when Aoki was first introduced

I guess that all this hate is because she looked much older at the begining. Man, I thought that she was 25+ (she still does). I'm happy with her being like this, she's cuter than Iwase, I really dislike bitchy girls.
That seiyuu girl looks more interesting than Azuki (Azukyun, lol), I wonder if she will appear again.
Hekshi_Sekshi said:
'OHISASHIBLEACH DESU' pure win.

I loled at his one as well :D

Also, onsen episode? Wouldn't expect it in the Bakuman, hope it's going to be interesting ;)
Feb 17, 2013 11:07 AM

Jan 2010
Best Guy x Best Girl :3

YAY! :D

This is gonna end soon ;_;
Feb 17, 2013 12:08 PM

Aug 2011
Hiramaru and Yoshida's bromance is the cutest!

AND OMG ARE THEY GETTING AN ANIME?! I SURE HOPE SO!!!!!!
Feb 17, 2013 12:12 PM
Jan 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, I am happy that both Aoki and Hiramaru are getting more screen time this episode. Oh and looking good in that suit, huh Hiramaru? :P

Such a cute date. Lol @ Hiramaru this episode pretty much especially during that Ferris Wheel ride. Oh the joy. Lol, I got a lot of laughter from this latest episode. 5/5.

Cool
Feb 17, 2013 12:45 PM

May 2011
I've never seen a proposal fail as hard as this one did. First half was too funny, lmao! I know Reversi will overtake Zombie Gun on sales, it's going to happen!
Feb 17, 2013 1:04 PM

Jul 2009
lol the odd but sweet marriage.
good for him
Feb 17, 2013 1:27 PM

Jun 2012
YOSHIDA-SHI!!!!!!!!!!!!

Takehito Koyasu playing the straight man will never get old X D This whole part was done better in the manga in my opinion but it was still nice to see it animated. Yuri and Hiramaru are engaged after two years! Holy crap it's been like what 10 eps and two years have gone by already?

Hiramaru and Yoshida ftw
Feb 17, 2013 1:39 PM

Dec 2011
Even though I know the contents... they made the proposal so much fun to watch!!! Ahahaha.

And finally it'll all come down to this. Which one is getting an anime???
Bummer. Only 5 episodes left.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2013 2:00 PM
Mar 2011
haha the way hiramaru proposed would never be accepted in reality. Hilarious scene nonetheless.
Check out my blog @ displacedmodernity.blogspot.com
Feb 17, 2013 3:44 PM

May 2012
I just love Hiramaru and Yoshida-san.... father and son! hehe..
Feb 17, 2013 3:45 PM

Oct 2011
I'm realy glad he finaly proposed! >u<
The next episode looks so good!
SO the guy was from an animation company :>
Feb 17, 2013 5:55 PM

Feb 2010
Hiramaru <33 wtg dude!!
Feb 17, 2013 6:37 PM

Jul 2011
Daipyon said:
I wish Aoki and Hiramaru were the main charcaters :P

I would have dropped it immediately.
Feb 17, 2013 7:08 PM

May 2010
is it time?
Feb 17, 2013 10:18 PM

Jan 2009
Hiramaru is my favorite character.. when I read this part in the manga, I was yelling "DO IT! DO IT!" when he was proposing to her. It was one of my favorite chapters and was happy to see it animated! Awesome episode!
"I don't want to live the dream because dreams always end when they get to the good part." - Sebastian Carmichael, A.R. Dragonfly
Feb 17, 2013 11:20 PM

Sep 2011
And just like that, has finished the only good romantic stuff in bakuman. I wish a "happy" life to hiramaru and aoki.
Feb 18, 2013 3:46 AM

Sep 2010
Nice one. I really like Hiramaru, and although I don't like Aoki that much, I think they will match each other nicely :)
The thing bothers me about Aoki apart from her past annoyance is that she and her work do not fit with the Jump concept, I mean Jack. I know it is not just pure shoujo love, but it is still not in the frame either.
For the Ashirogi part; firstly I did not read the manga ahead, but I guess if they will be offered an anime, then will 5 episodes be really enough for all the anime stuff? I mean, in season 1 we all enjoyed a lot to see everything about manga in deep detail, but for anime part I think it will be really fast, even with Bakuman's fast time flow style. And as for my common sense, Azuki and that red-haired new rival-to-be girl will compete for the heroine character of Reversi. But anyway, I trust Ohba and Obata Sensei! They will make it through.
Feb 18, 2013 4:03 AM

Apr 2011
sevki said:
For the Ashirogi part; firstly I did not read the manga ahead, but I guess if they will be offered an anime, then will 5 episodes be really enough for all the anime stuff? I mean, in season 1 we all enjoyed a lot to see everything about manga in deep detail, but for anime part I think it will be really fast, even with Bakuman's fast time flow style. And as for my common sense, Azuki and that red-haired new rival-to-be girl will compete for the heroine character of Reversi. But anyway, I trust Ohba and Obata Sensei! They will make it through.

5 episodes is more than enough for the rest of the manga to be adapted at the current pace.
Feb 18, 2013 2:25 PM

Oct 2008
That proposal was so cute! Nice 5/5
Feb 18, 2013 2:36 PM

Jan 2013
Eltrik said:
guava said:
How far Aoki has fallen.

garbage is a pretty strong word. i am saddened by your close mindedness
compared to the anime that has come out in recent seasons, i would take reversi and zombie gun over MANY of them.

how far aoki has fallen? fallen for hiramaru yes, i would too XD

I agree, but the one I really want to see is Classroom of Truth... seems like it would be really awesome and is more in the style of Death Note than others.
Feb 18, 2013 5:07 PM

Jan 2011
Oh my god this episode was so good! Hiramaru proposed to Aoki and Aoki agreed to marry him despite him losing the ring and all. Yoshida for BEST MAN, LET'S GO! Seriously, Yoshida was very thoughtful this episode. A person from an animation studio appears in front of Takagi and Mashiro. Reversi for anime, yeaaaaaahhh! :D
Feb 18, 2013 6:17 PM

Jun 2008
Ashirogi is obsessed about getting an anime and giving Azuki the main best heroine role of her career(and get married) but i have to wonder. What kind of heroine role is that since the main characters seem to be those devil two male rival characters. I doubt any female in their manga actually has much of "main" role not to mention one of the best mains ever.

Could that voice actress girl ruin their plans by going to the audition and saying that Azuki is the mangaka's girlfriend and it's unfair with the resold of Azuki getting rejected?
MonadFeb 19, 2013 3:25 AM
Feb 18, 2013 6:38 PM

Apr 2010
That first part was hilarious! And that last scene... DAMN!!! And now there's just 5 episodes left, can't wait to see what happens next :/

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Feb 19, 2013 9:52 AM

Jan 2011
This was one the best episodes so far, I'm really happy to see that Hiramaru got engaged!
The rest of the episode was also really thrilling. I seriously can't wait for more!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 19, 2013 9:57 AM

Apr 2011
Monad said:
Ashirogi is obsessed about getting an anime and giving Azuki the main best heroine role of her career(and get married) but i have to wonder. What kind of heroine role is that since the main characters seem to be those devil two male rival characters. I doubt any female in their manga actually has much of "main" role not to mention one of the best mains ever.

Could that voice actress girl ruin their plans by going to the audition and saying that Azuki is the mangaka's girlfriend and it's unfair with the resold of Azuki getting rejected?

There is a female character called Naoki (I think) who happens to be the love interest of the Black Demon character and is the first one he brainwashed. She is considered the main heroine of the series.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

116 by I-yas-yes »»
Apr 1, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

62 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 31, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2013

78 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 30, 5:02 AM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2012

66 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 29, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 1, 2012

58 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 28, 4:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.