Forum Settings
Forums
Feb 15, 2013 9:10 PM
I really love the Anime of Haruhi Suzumiya, and I really want to jump into the Light Novels, because it continues the series where the Anime left off. I'm going to start with "The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya" because that is where The Disappearance of Haruhi is concluded, apparently. And I've always wanted closure on that. So, those of you have watched AND read the Light Novels, for someone like me, who has watched the Anime several times, read the light novels with no confusion?

Feb 15, 2013 9:24 PM

I didn't mind the anime but I found the novels pretty boring reading. I decided not continue with them after plodding through the first 2 or 3 books.
"Should I be concerned over the obvious delight our daughter takes in the ultra-violence?"
"It's genetic"
-Red Arrow to Cheshire (Young Justice)

Feb 15, 2013 9:46 PM
AkiraKitsune said:
I really love the Anime of Haruhi Suzumiya, and I really want to jump into the Light Novels, because it continues the series where the Anime left off. I'm going to start with "The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya" because that is where The Disappearance of Haruhi is concluded, apparently. And I've always wanted closure on that. So, those of you have watched AND read the Light Novels, for someone like me, who has watched the Anime several times, read the light novels with no confusion?

yeah. and you should start with the rampage of haruhi suzumiya on vol 5 because thats new material and on vol 6 read love at first sight, where did the cat go, and the meloncholy of mikuru asahina after that the rest of the novels havent been adapted.

Feb 15, 2013 10:17 PM

JavierR said:
AkiraKitsune said:

yeah. and you should start with the rampage of haruhi suzumiya on vol 5 because thats new material and on vol 6 read love at first sight, where did the cat go, and the meloncholy of mikuru asahina after that the rest of the novels havent been adapted.
+1 -- The LN's are good compared to other LN's, but LN's are usually just very bad to begin with. I have no idea what compelled me to read all of them, but I did.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Feb 15, 2013 10:58 PM

Holybaptiser said:
JavierR said:
AkiraKitsune said:

+1 -- The LN's are good compared to other LN's, but LN's are usually just very bad to begin with. I have no idea what compelled me to read all of them, but I did.

Haruhi, our God, just ordered you to.

Feb 16, 2013 1:36 AM

Moved. Also, please keep discussions on-topic.

Mar 2, 2013 4:32 AM

Modified by Sir_Lanian, Feb 11, 2014 3:01 PM

Mar 23, 2013 8:07 PM

Don't forget volume 10.

Mar 25, 2013 2:46 PM

i think it is better to start with vol. 5 as well, since you could read new material. But ive found all the novels interesting.

Apr 4, 2013 2:57 PM
Is the series available at Kindle Store for Android? I'm searching for it, and can't find it.

Jul 21, 2013 2:07 PM

What do people think of the latest short story, Random Numbers?

For those that dont know, a fan translation has just been released. The short was released with an art book in japan recently to celebrate the series 10th anniversary.

Sep 15, 2013 1:13 PM

Sir_Lanian said:
I admit that this is a shameless plug. But I write extended synopses on the novel series on my blog if it helps for whatever reason.
Thanks for this! I can't wait for the final volume to finish.

Feb 11, 2014 9:13 AM