Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 15, 2013 7:55 AM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kars is better in the anime than the manga.

A f''''' epic episode for the next episode.
KiraYoshikageFeb 15, 2013 7:59 AM
Feb 15, 2013 7:56 AM

Apr 2009
The animation quality wasn't that good this time around.
Still, the parts with Stroheim, the race for the stone and the final shot were nice.

Next time the fighting starts again.

@Kira:
Spoilers, dude...
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 15, 2013 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
Oh the fights this episode were well good. That sinister laugh.

Watching Jojo and Caesar argue was a little painful. The rage from Caesar might of gone too far this time. Damn, the two are not getting along too well this episode ;o
Feb 15, 2013 8:01 AM

Apr 2008
Nidhoeggr said:
The animation quality wasn't that good this time around.
Still, the parts with Stroheim, the race for the stone and the final shot were nice.

Next time the fighting starts again.

@Kira:
Spoilers, dude...

I was obliged to watch on KeyHole. The quality was poor I put the spoiler. Even for those who have not read the manga will be able to guess what will happened in the next episode
Feb 15, 2013 3:16 PM

Apr 2012
Well, Stroheim's Nazi science did not affect Kars very much. But, overall very nice episode, especially when Caesar and JoJo argued.
"The moment 'pride' is lost, 'freedom' is also lost" - Ramza Beoulve, Final Fantasy Tactics

Feb 16, 2013 11:30 AM

Sep 2012
Stroheim is back to his post as the rousing narrator of Jojo's fight LOL
And his Hail Sieg style of lionizing Nazi science is so hilarious

It also seems every Man of Pillar has an unusual way to deal with sudden setback - First we have ACDC's unexpected crying and wailing, then we have Cars' distorted face and loud sinister laugh.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 16, 2013 11:36 AM

Oct 2008
Hahahaha, that exchange between Cars and Jojo is even more batshit and absurd than I remember reading.

Fun episode, but it's next week that I can't wait for.
Feb 16, 2013 11:59 AM

Aug 2010
That fight against Cars was awesome...totally Awesome teamwork between Jojo and Caesar, too bad that happened at the end. Though I'm sure they'll make up in the end. Seems that he's gonna face of Wham nxt ep, can't wait.

I want to see Lisa Lisa fighting...still haven't seen her power. I wonder how she would compare with Jojo's strength?

It seems Cars cares about the life of plants and stuff with how he intentionally avoided the flowers. Also lol'd at his laugh XD

Lol'd at Jojo teasing the cat XDXDXD
Feb 16, 2013 12:04 PM

Sep 2012
Barion-Zara said:
Lol'd at Jojo teasing the cat XDXDXD
I tried to imagine what Cars would think if he saw it, given how much he is kind to animals....

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 16, 2013 1:32 PM

Jun 2007
Cars - protects puppies and wildflowers
JoJo - trolls cats and sweeps the leg
Feb 16, 2013 1:35 PM

Nov 2012
good episode, can't wait to see Kahs and seezah fight
Can't wait for next episode.

RX-782Feb 16, 2013 1:45 PM
Feb 16, 2013 1:42 PM

Jun 2010
lol i wonder if someone charged at me when the distance between us is less than 5 meters, i would have the time to say 'hes putting his left fist up! is he going for a straight? it might be aimed at my face or my neck, but wait a second, his left hand's posture might be a feint, when in fact he is putting all of his strength in his right leg. if i get hit by his leg sweep i ll lose my balance and fall, after that i m completely defenseless. I know! I should keep my eyes focused on his leg and grasp the correct timing for a perfect counterattack.'

yes, being able to say all of that before the guy who is FIVE meters away finally reaches me. very realistic LOL.
Feb 16, 2013 2:04 PM

Nov 2012
aaaaand this show is back to annoying me with its characters' incessant need to spell out everything that's happening either through internal monologue or absurd boasting. i know it's meant to be melodramatic - heck even parodic - but honestly it's like the staff doesn't think the audience is capable of deducing what's going on.

this episode wasn't even that good in the first place tbh. still waiting for lisa lisa to actually fight seeing how she's the only character i'm properly liking atm.
Feb 16, 2013 2:12 PM

Jan 2011
DOUBLE SHOCK
[center]
Feb 16, 2013 2:49 PM

Jun 2012
HAHAHAHA that first half had so much GAR, one liners and style it was ridiculous. The narrator couldn't help but barge in this episode

German Science really is the best in the world if it can outfit Stroheim with a heavy machine gun torso, high pressure arms, and a violet laser eyeball X D. Stroheim even pulled a JoJo shooting Cars with his heavy machine gun only to get sliced in half like a punk. At least he's still alive though.

Cars was even more badass with his cool composure and ability to read the situations at hand. When he used his chainsaw bone blade, I was just as shocked as JoJo. By the way, the color use in this episode when JoJo was monologuing was even more exceptional than usual.

An interesting trait though about Cars which I'm wondering if it will play to his downfall is his love of innocent life. To stop himself from crushing a flower he slammed himself into a wall like a bullet. Don't get me wrong I laughed at how crazy yet awesome it was but that thought is now in the back of my mind when I watch future eps.

The second half's colliding of ideals between Caesar and JoJo has me worried. It's only episode 19 yet Caesar is charging in recklessly letting his emotions get the better of him : / I'm not so sure I see a happy outcome between Caesar and Wham as we see in the preview. Don't end up like your grandfather Caesar!

Last thoughts
Part 2 soundtrack ftw
Oh Joseph, trolling cats in your free time huh? Must be really on edge
HybridMBLFeb 16, 2013 2:52 PM
Feb 16, 2013 2:54 PM
Feb 2012
samt2910 said:
aaaaand this show is back to annoying me with its characters' incessant need to spell out everything that's happening either through internal monologue or absurd boasting. i know it's meant to be melodramatic - heck even parodic - but honestly it's like the staff doesn't think the audience is capable of deducing what's going on.

this episode wasn't even that good in the first place tbh. still waiting for lisa lisa to actually fight seeing how she's the only character i'm properly liking atm.

Actually the spelling everything out is from the manga.
Remember Battle Tendency is from the late 80's.
Feb 16, 2013 3:22 PM

Jan 2012
I gotta ask,why is this only gonna be 26 episodes?is it gonna have other seasons too?
Feb 16, 2013 4:07 PM

Mar 2012
wow the next episode preview will make me go crazy.
Feb 16, 2013 5:11 PM

Nov 2011
Wasn't a bad episode, the scene at the cliff was pretty good. Ceaser VS Wham next episode already? Prepare some tissues.

Feb 16, 2013 6:54 PM

Sep 2012
samt2910 said:
aaaaand this show is back to annoying me with its characters' incessant need to spell out everything that's happening either through internal monologue or absurd boasting. i know it's meant to be melodramatic - heck even parodic - but honestly it's like the staff doesn't think the audience is capable of deducing what's going on..
Perhaps you should check the original manga before jumping to conclusion that those spelling-out is all creation by th anime staff. It is more like the staff correctly understood the craving from the audience to see the spelling-out in the manga reproduced in the anime. From what I read in Japanese forums, fans are loving the loud and in-your-face spelling out every moment and can't get enough of it.

Feb 16, 2013 6:55 PM

Jan 2013
Although I already read Battle Tendency, I can see why some viewers have problem in this episode. Sorry if this a long post.

Sorry if it was too long. Overall love this Episode.
TookMe6YearsFeb 16, 2013 7:01 PM
Feb 16, 2013 6:59 PM

Sep 2012
^ Seems you have already easily bypassed the two "bad points" you raised yourself. So what is the actual problem?

As for pacing, I think it is fine, given the main point of this episode is the fight between Stroheim and Cars and then the cliff fight between Jojo and Cars. I cannot see how it can be made with faster pacing for this episode if we want to see those fight done in full.

Feb 16, 2013 7:08 PM

Sep 2011
Things got very interesting this episode.
Feb 16, 2013 7:08 PM

Jan 2013
I actually have no problem with this episode. I actually score a 5 out of 5. I am just putting out, why some other people may have problem with this episode. But in my opinion you shouldn't. I already stated you can bypass the small flaw.

For the pacing, what I meant, is that compare to the earlier Battle Tendency Episode the story progress fast. From introduction of Jojo, Straights, Pillarmen and Caesar within 4 Episode. But after the training arc it slows down. Not that it's a bad thing. And I agree, the pacing is fine. I think pacing really did started to kicking up last week Episode 18. Although you can argue with the Battle of ACDC.

Edit: Now about Cars reacting to Stroheim's Eye beam. We can safely assume he reacts to the Speed of Light.
TookMe6YearsFeb 16, 2013 7:15 PM
Feb 16, 2013 11:17 PM

Jul 2010
TookMe6Years said:
Now admit it! Who would've agreed with Caesar and attack Cars, who is all by himself, during daylight?! Such opportunity shouldn't be wasted, right?

Cars is all by himself...

...in a large hotel where all windows are closed. I don't really see any opportunity at all.
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Feb 17, 2013 1:58 AM

Jan 2011
Amazing episode. Sure the quality was sub-par but the enjoyment level is still the same, I love this show.
And Stroheim us officially #1 badass of the world. His pride is just amazing and he always cracks me up!
I have a feeling that JoJo will die once he's protected the red stone, just like the first JoJo died after "completing" the mission.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 17, 2013 3:27 AM

Jun 2009
Next week Ceasar vs. Wham!

(or the week after that?)
Feb 17, 2013 3:47 AM
Jan 2010
grandy_UiD said:

nah, it's next week.
Feb 17, 2013 6:38 AM
Nov 2012
Cars is a beast.

Ceasar being headstrong...Please end well.
Feb 17, 2013 6:42 AM

Jun 2009
TookMe6Years said:
Now admit it! Who would of agree with Caesar and attack Cars, who us all by himself during daylight?! Such opportunity, shouldn't be wasted right?

I would've agreed. Except, instead of just barging into the front door, I'd took some Molotov Cocktails and simply razed this hotel to the ground. Yeah, it's their turf but when everything is burning what can they do?..

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Feb 17, 2013 6:50 AM

Sep 2012
AlexTrusk said:
I would've agreed. Except, instead of just barging into the front door, I'd took some Molotov Cocktails and simply razed this hotel to the ground. Yeah, it's their turf but when everything is burning what can they do?..
Everything is burning? Haven't we seen it already in the first Arc? And of course we know Cars is even stronger than Dio....

Feb 17, 2013 7:14 AM
Jul 2012
I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Feb 17, 2013 10:28 AM

Aug 2011
DOBURO SHOCKU!

Great episode! Stroheim was epic and batshit insane as always. Really liked the episode. The thing Cars did before he hit the ground was insane as well, and that laugh, oh my God. Insane, everything is insane! This show is insane! Aaaahhhhh

At the end, in my opinion, JoJo just a overboard insulting the dead, especially Zepelli. Even though it wasn't his intention. It really hit Ceasar. I have a bad feeling something really bad will happen to Ceasar coming episode. Please don't die... or manly tears will be shed!
Feb 17, 2013 10:52 AM

Feb 2013
wailofthebanshee said:
grandy_UiD said:

nah, it's next week.

Really looking forward to that
Feb 17, 2013 11:15 AM

Sep 2009

This scene couldn't have been funnier if it tried.

Also,
Feb 17, 2013 11:28 AM

Sep 2009
TookMe6Years said:
2. The obvious plot hole in this Arc: Cars know the frak Santana was. I mean Stroheim did named him. Again I can easily bypass this, I mean Cars can just tell Joseph beat ACDC, right?

Wham heard the Germans discussing what happened at the Mexican research site.

As for AC/DC, he would have returned if he hadn't been defeated.
Feb 17, 2013 11:43 AM

May 2011
HYPE HYPE HYPE! JOJO! CAESAR! WHAM! CARS! HYPEEEEEEEEEEEE

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Feb 17, 2013 4:28 PM

Feb 2009
Cars respects all life except human life uh? He saved that dog from being roadkill and didn't crush the flowers. So Cars wouldn't hurt a fly but would definitely kill Jojo, what a weird guy.

I thought these entities seems to be only stronger and hard to kill, I thought they would be able to move faster you know like instant movement. One things though what the hell are Cars and the others? Where did they come from?

With all these spoilers (well I gotta say I spoiled it to myself, people should just not spoiled anything putting a tag doesn't help!)

MaxCrazy7Feb 17, 2013 4:54 PM
Feb 18, 2013 5:00 AM
Aug 2009
I find Stroheim's acting in this episode to be SEEEEKAAAAIIIII IIIIIIICHIIIIIIII
SanderRX said:
My inner Speedwagon doesn't approve of this.
Feb 18, 2013 7:28 AM
Jan 2012
Kars was so epic!
Feb 18, 2013 12:48 PM

Aug 2011
Bloody brilliant! Return of the OP and that Roundabout intro. A very tense fight with Cars and loved Jojo's troll scene with the cat.
Feb 18, 2013 8:46 PM

Oct 2012
symbv said:
samt2910 said:
aaaaand this show is back to annoying me with its characters' incessant need to spell out everything that's happening either through internal monologue or absurd boasting. i know it's meant to be melodramatic - heck even parodic - but honestly it's like the staff doesn't think the audience is capable of deducing what's going on..
Perhaps you should check the original manga before jumping to conclusion that those spelling-out is all creation by th anime staff. It is more like the staff correctly understood the craving from the audience to see the spelling-out in the manga reproduced in the anime.

Blind Jojo otaku love aside, the obtrusive amount of dialogue is a legitimate criticism for this anime. It doesn't matter that all of this dialogue was in the manga, because manga is an entirely different medium. Manga is not animated, and there is not the same definite sense of real world time passing when reading them. It's okay if there's a bit of wordiness on a page, because most people can read faster than these voice actors could speak the same lines out loud.

This whole sequence with Stroheim and Cars felt significantly faster paced and more exciting in the manga than it did here in the anime. David Production aren't playing to the strengths of their own medium by letting every moment drag on for an eternity like this. What we're ending up with here is a 10/10 manga adapted into a 8/10 anime, which kind of sucks.
Feb 18, 2013 9:07 PM

Sep 2012
fluffybunnyboy said:
Blind Jojo otaku love aside, the obtrusive amount of dialogue is a legitimate criticism for this anime. It doesn't matter that all of this dialogue was in the manga, because manga is an entirely different medium. Manga is not animated, and there is not the same definite sense of real world time passing when reading them. It's okay if there's a bit of wordiness on a page, because most people can read faster than these voice actors could speak the same lines out loud.
Well, the point is fans do want to see those dialogues animated as in the manga. And for me, who have not read the manga, I find this approach in fact quite refreshing and strangely thrilling, so much so that I understand why fans love those dialogues in manga so much. So to me criticizing the dialogues is more like an inability to accept an alternative approach for the dialogue that gives Jojo such a unique appeal.

Feb 19, 2013 12:01 AM

Nov 2012
basically everything fluffybunnyboy said. i'd like to point out that watching the anime makes me want to read the manga an intense amount. i just get the feeling that lately the anime hasn't been doing its source-material justice, partly because it's probably so/too keen to copy it exactly. but that's just my assumption - i haven't read the manga so i don't even know why i'm discussing it tbh. peace.
Feb 19, 2013 4:09 AM

Apr 2009
symbv said:
fluffybunnyboy said:
Well, the point is fans do want to see those dialogues animated as in the manga. And for me, who have not read the manga, I find this approach in fact quite refreshing and strangely thrilling, so much so that I understand why fans love those dialogues in manga so much. So to me criticizing the dialogues is more like an inability to accept an alternative approach for the dialogue that gives Jojo such a unique appeal.

I agree, I place a high focus on how well an anime adaption handles the source material if I am able to do so and it is this very specific style so very close to the manga that makes me love this adaption despite its lackluster budget and the obvious problems a modern adaption of a 80s manga has.
Jojo is about these campy dialogues, the ever-changing colours, the bizarre and fabulous poses and the overall mood. The anime managed to capture this essence and while it's certainly not the best way to get people unfamiliar with the franchise into Jojo, it is exactly that what fans want: A tribute as well as a faithful adaption.
Feb 19, 2013 4:24 AM
Jan 2010
Katakis said:
I find Stroheim's acting in this episode to be SEEEEKAAAAIIIII IIIIIIICHIIIIIIII

His VA needs more roles. He is absolutely phenomenal as Stroheim.
Feb 19, 2013 4:25 AM

Sep 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
I agree, I place a high focus on how well an anime adaption handles the source material if I am able to do so and it is this very specific style so very close to the manga that makes me love this adaption despite its lackluster budget and the obvious problems a modern adaption of a 80s manga has.
Jojo is about these campy dialogues, the ever-changing colours, the bizarre and fabulous poses and the overall mood. The anime managed to capture this essence and while it's certainly not the best way to get people unfamiliar with the franchise into Jojo, it is exactly that what fans want: A tribute as well as a faithful adaption.
I very much agree with you. Even though I do not really like GAR genre and the 80s manga style, this anime still manages to capture my attention and I have had a lot of fun relishing the amazing delivery by the seiyuu of those grandiose and campy dialogue (or just narration). In fact, as much as we may take issue with the "lackluster budget" I find the anime production has been really clever in applying that limited budget and uses it in innovative way so that it actually boasts the experience and enjoyment instead of boring you -- The ever-changing colors or the use of lines, shadows and sound effect text on background are just two examples. The use of music is perfect too. And the performance of the seiyuu is jaw-droppingly awesome. If it can get a person like me who is never a fan of the original manga or even the genre to keenly follow it, it must have done something right.

In fact I am glad that the manga is adapted now instead of 10 or 20 years ago because this adaptation uses quite a bit of the latest animation technique and art style and so the whole feel does not look aged or obsolete. If it was adapted in an art and animation style like Hokuto no Ken, I may not be able to sustain my interest after a few episodes, even though its story may still be intriguing.

Feb 19, 2013 4:42 AM

Apr 2009
symbv said:
I very much agree with you. Even though I do not really like GAR genre and the 80s manga style, this anime still manages to capture my attention and I have had a lot of fun relishing the amazing delivery by the seiyuu of those grandiose and campy dialogue (or just narration). In fact, as much as we may take issue with the "lackluster budget" I find the anime production has been really clever in applying that limited budget and uses it in innovative way so that it actually boasts the experience and enjoyment instead of boring you -- The ever-changing colors or the use of lines, shadows and sound effect text on background are just two examples. The use of music is perfect too. And the performance of the seiyuu is jaw-droppingly awesome. If it can get a person like me who is never a fan of the original manga or even the genre to keenly follow it, it must have done something right.

In fact I am glad that the manga is adapted now instead of 10 or 20 years ago because this adaptation uses quite a bit of the latest animation technique and art style and so the whole feel does not look aged or obsolete. If it was adapted in an art and animation style like Hokuto no Ken, I may not be able to sustain my interest after a few episodes, even though its story may still be intriguing.

Exactly, the innovative use of their budget and the whole sound department are the some of the reasons why so many people enjoy it. The whole franchise is tied very closely to popular music, if the music wasn't amazing a lot of fans would be very unsitisfied. Yet David Productions did a great job with both Matsuo and Iwasaki behind the OST and Yes as the ending theme. Not to mention that Roundabout always starts at the perfect moment. Same goes for amazing performances of every voice actor, there is not a single bad or mediocre VA in the entire cast - I can't remember the last time I was so excited about seiyuus.
I also agree with you about the right point of time for this adaption, all these little animation tricks wouldn't be possible in the 80s or early 90s.
Feb 19, 2013 4:18 PM

Jul 2012
Ceasar was idiot in the end... Can't wait for the next episode

Feb 20, 2013 10:28 PM

Mar 2009
Too much animal abuse in this anime. Dropped.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KiraYoshikage - Nov 9, 2012

179 by JohnZ_GGs »»
10 hours ago

» why do people question the watch order?

Rye_the_Guy - Mar 20

31 by eli_shmeli »»
Yesterday, 12:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KiraYoshikage - Oct 19, 2012

254 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 18, 1:56 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KiraYoshikage - Oct 12, 2012

351 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 17, 1:58 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nidhoeggr - Apr 5, 2013

451 by toyupulk »»
Apr 13, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.