Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kotoura-san Episode 6 Discussion

Feb 14, 2013 10:32 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Using mind reading to get good grades? Oh wow.

Oh this episode, exploring strange hospital. How fun. The certain change to the beach part was also funny. Gotta save her, Manabe! Lol, I got my laughs this episode. Also, the ending...

Looks like incoming drama is coming. Oh boy.
Modified by Stark700, Feb 14, 2013 11:05 AM

Feb 14, 2013 10:45 AM

got my lol this episode 5/5

looks like mama's coming home
Modified by alphastigma117, Feb 14, 2013 11:16 AM

Feb 14, 2013 11:33 AM

Nice episode.
When Muroto said so u gained weight again (after she was showing off her oppai XD) was hilarious.

Jiisan is hilarious and perverted as usual XD

At the end the BITCH has come...the upcoming eps that focus on her will be hard to deal with :(

And I soooooooooooooooo lol'd at that ED (PETTANKO!!) XDXDXD

Feb 14, 2013 11:37 AM

Haha, dat ED.

Oh shit, the mother is making her return.

Feb 14, 2013 11:44 AM

Well, I guess we will get more drama now.

Feb 14, 2013 11:48 AM

herpaderp

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 14, 2013 11:56 AM

So glad that Manabe's mental images of Kotoura were wrong - DFC >>>> all

The scene on the boat and later with the bento were cute.

Also, that song looked and sounded like kotoura got her very own DFC song.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl

Feb 14, 2013 12:11 PM

LOL at the ending song. A song about being flat chested. Ahahaha.

Love the moment when Manabe and Muroto mentioned they awakened their psychic powers when looking at the girls' swimsuits. I thought they were referring to... but they are actually referring to Kotoura! Hahaha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 14, 2013 12:12 PM

It hurts to live when you realize that there are no girls like Kotoura irl.

Feb 14, 2013 12:34 PM

Who the fucks was that character with the red hair begging at Kotoura's knees?

Wait, that was Moritani?Hah, yeh as if lol... wait, it actually is... Hey you guys, do you remember Moritani 1? What happened to her? Why has no one noticed that she's been replaced? Shit, is this going to be part of a plot?

--

Okay, more seriously, Manabe's perverted antics are starting to wear a little thin, it's not funny like it used to be, and you can only get so far with one joke.

Okay, back on track.

Seriously, what the fuck? Who the fuck is Moritani 2? Why is she acting completely different from Moritani 1?

Also, the Grandfather went up in my books by being a hilarious prick and leaving them, and then it just being a haunted house, what a rich dick thing to do, I like it. Makes up for the weird incestual pedophilic jokes earlier in the series.

---

Overall, a pretty pleasant episode, although certain elements of the humour are just not funny any more.

Feb 14, 2013 12:34 PM

Looks like more drama is on the horizon. I wonder how it's going to be executed, hopefully well, of course.

Feb 14, 2013 12:35 PM

Love Manabe's antics and perverted thoughts. Fun ep. Also love the new ED. Pettanko song. I lol'd.

Looks like Kotoura's mom will be making an appearance soon. Will be interesting to see.

Feb 14, 2013 12:37 PM

InfiniteRyvius said:

Wait, that was Moritani?Hah, yeh as if lol... wait, it actually is... Hey you guys, do you remember Moritani 1? What happened to her? Why has no one noticed that she's been replaced? Shit, is this going to be part of a plot?

--

Okay, more seriously, Manabe's perverted antics are starting to wear a little thin, it's not funny like it used to be, and you can only get so far with one joke.

Okay, back on track.

Seriously, what the fuck? Who the fuck is Moritani 2? Why is she acting completely different from Moritani 1?

Also, the Grandfather went up in my books by being a hilarious prick and leaving them, and then it just being a haunted house, what a rich dick thing to do, I like it. Makes up for the weird incestual pedophilic jokes earlier in the series.

---

Overall, a pretty pleasant episode, although certain elements of the humour are just not funny any more.

If you were watching more closely you would have realized that Mori felt like complete shit for what she did, and Kotoura realized that (by reading her mind, confirming it was genuine) and forgave her. It's called character development.

Feb 14, 2013 12:46 PM

YESSS :) NEW ENDING!!!

her grandpa is the best

Feb 14, 2013 12:50 PM

At first I thought that the dream was just added randomly and to create a sort of small dramatic effect, for those of us who are watching because of all the drama we know will happen later on. I figured, "Oh boy, random dream scene that has nothing to do with the rest of the episode" and even got a little ticked at it.

But THEN . . . .
And I was like WTF?!?!?!?
"With a keen eye for detail one truth will prevail"

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Feb 14, 2013 12:50 PM

TheJayP said:
InfiniteRyvius said:

--

Okay, back on track.

---

If you were watching more closely you would have realized that Mori felt like complete shit for what she did, and Kotoura realized that (by reading her mind, confirming it was genuine) and forgave her. It's called character development.

I did notice when she was crying on her lap, she briefly thought about how she'd bullied her, and then she apologized even more whilst bailing her eyes out. I did in fact notice that. However, you think that the mere reference to what she'd done before makes it alright? Why should it? Yes, we all know she's terribly sorry, the plot kinda bashed us over the head with that, you couldn't not notice it, however that aside, do you not think that her ENTIRE PERSONALITY HAS CHANGED. This isn't even about her being sorry for her actions, she is now acting completely differently, have you not noticed? :o

Feb 14, 2013 12:52 PM

Muroto is so funny XD
Kotoura's mom so creepy

Feb 14, 2013 12:58 PM
Like the ED. C: I had a feeling things wouldn't be perfect to the end.
Lots of references btw.
0/-5

Feb 14, 2013 1:06 PM
Kami-sama

MIZUKI , OPPAI , OSHIRI

Such a funny episode . I love Manabe <3

Feb 14, 2013 1:07 PM

Damn Kotoura's mother gonna appear in the next episode? Time to bring tissues

Feb 14, 2013 1:29 PM

Lol, I feel bad for Yuriko, Muruto just doesnt care xD
The mom? :O

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.

Feb 14, 2013 1:31 PM

Muroto is the best xD
overall a very nice episode.

made a gif :)

Feb 14, 2013 1:43 PM

This episode was glorious LOL and we Kotoura's mom is coming back

Feb 14, 2013 1:45 PM
Lily Gardener

This episode was decent. Pretty funny, but I miss the serious parts and drama from the first 3 episodes. Looks like some of that may return next episode.

Feb 14, 2013 1:50 PM

Really cute episode. I really hope she doesn't forgive her mother, who by the way still looks mean.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro

Feb 14, 2013 1:51 PM

Such a cute episode. Grandfather was hilarious like always too.

Feb 14, 2013 1:58 PM

That was a really cute episode. Kotoura x Manabe forever! ^^
Much better than last week.

Feb 14, 2013 2:38 PM

Good episode, nothing too unique but I was never bored during the episode.

Feb 14, 2013 3:02 PM

I have to admit that I liked the first few episodes with drama much more than this. It just feels like the plot stopped moving ever since EP4 or so, and it doesn't seem interesting anymore. The bad guys are made into victims and it suddenly is all fine, yay.

I guess I'm just looking for the wrong things, but I really loved the beginning, especially the first half of the first episode.

Feb 14, 2013 3:27 PM

Loved this ep, Kotoura and Manabe's interactions were priceless, as well as his and the grandfathers. I think mommy in next ep is going to be trouble, like sat straight by her new friends.

As to the on going bitching about Moritani. Its not that big of an issue. On the one hand with how shes acting, if you noticed she acted a bit friendly with Manabe at the start, though not as funny so to speak. At the same time Kotoura changed her life to an extent, and likely gave her a new perspective. Some people do change fundamentally if there core views are proven to be wrong.

At the same time Kotooura is a forgiving girl who wants friends. Heck its like the previous pope, when an assassination attempt was delt on him, he forgave the man that tried to kill him and visited him in person. Fact is most of us haven't had a great trauma or a view turned on its head. I have and I changed a great deal in some aspects from how I was as a youth. So its not that big of a deal really, and she might have idolized Kotoura in a manner, or fears she really hasn't been forgiven.

Feb 14, 2013 3:41 PM

As expected, her mom is coming back and she's as pissed as ever.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Feb 14, 2013 3:45 PM
めんどくさい

Oh? It's you, mom. Have you returned so I can pull your intestines out through your mouth?

(I have my own issues with abusive parents, but I'm probably harmless otherwise so ignore me)

More seriously (?!), I enjoyed the episode. Manabe maybe should learn to tone down a little around Kotoura, and I'm still a little unsure about Moritani, but it was a fun episode otherwise.

Feb 14, 2013 4:15 PM

Looking forward to next episode again!! <3

PS:

Feb 14, 2013 5:10 PM

Kinda liked how the grandpa put moritani in a cage.

Feb 14, 2013 5:39 PM

Ahh, another great episode. It's nice seeing all the things the grandpa is doing for kotoura, and Im really liking him. This was quite the humorous episode, nd it seems the mom will be back next episode

Feb 14, 2013 5:44 PM
Good episode! Lighthearted & enjoyable.

Poor Kotoura & lucky Manabe

Next episode is gonna be dramatic? Oh

Feb 14, 2013 6:15 PM

Today's lesson: NEVER go in an abandoned building on shrooms. That had bad trip written all over it.

Feb 14, 2013 6:17 PM

Meh.

Dat ending!
Tsuru~pettan, pettanko!

Feb 14, 2013 6:18 PM
めんどくさい

AlexTheRiot said:
Today's lesson: NEVER go in an abandoned building on shrooms. That had bad trip written all over it.
Abandoned building on shrooms? How did an abandoned building get a hold of shrooms?

Feb 14, 2013 6:22 PM
well at least summer time is in all fine sure from scary hospital til it was fun park & beach time.

poor kotoura being "flat" on it (got song a for flat) well at least her life is getting more better.

til uh-oh her "mom" is watching still bitter on it.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime

Feb 14, 2013 6:28 PM

Cratex said:
AlexTheRiot said:
Abandoned building on shrooms? How did an abandoned building get a hold of shrooms?

lol touche

Feb 14, 2013 7:01 PM
That ending song almost killed me. XD

Though that bitter mother... I bet she has at least an ulcer from being so angry for so long.

InfiniteRyvius said:
TheJayP said:
InfiniteRyvius said:

--

Okay, back on track.

---

I did notice when she was crying on her lap, she briefly thought about how she'd bullied her, and then she apologized even more whilst bailing her eyes out. I did in fact notice that. However, you think that the mere reference to what she'd done before makes it alright? Why should it? Yes, we all know she's terribly sorry, the plot kinda bashed us over the head with that, you couldn't not notice it, however that aside, do you not think that her ENTIRE PERSONALITY HAS CHANGED. This isn't even about her being sorry for her actions, she is now acting completely differently, have you not noticed? :o
I agree that the change is too weird.

Didn't Moritani have friends of her own? It would be more natural for her to try to mediate between those friends and Kotoura, instead of downright ditching them for the ESP club.

Now it's like she never had any friends and is starved for attention... >_>
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller

Feb 14, 2013 7:11 PM

HILAAAAAARIOUS episode .. The end though I NEEEEEEEEED THE NEXT EPISODE.
"I hate nice girls. If they so much as say hello, it stays on my mind. If they return my texts, my heart races. The day one calls me, I know I'll look at my call history and grin. But I know that's just them being nice. People who are nice to me are also nice to everyone else. I almost end up forgetting that...
Someone who's worked hard at being alone doesn't fall for the same trick twice. I'm a veteran at this, I'm the best there is when it comes to losing. That's why I'll always .. Hate nice girls."
- Hikki-Kun
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru.

Feb 14, 2013 7:15 PM

Not very interesting. It feels to me like the show's creators don't really know what to do now so they're spinning out some bits and bites. Hope they figure it out soon.

Feb 14, 2013 7:17 PM
Great episode, disappointed about the length, but I guess that's what happens when you really get into an

anime. But I swear if there was ever a good time to make a move, it would've been 'effing here...

5/5
Modified by ayoshutduff, Feb 14, 2013 7:22 PM

Feb 14, 2013 7:27 PM

Ajunky said:
That ending song almost killed me. XD

Though that bitter mother... I bet she has at least an ulcer from being so angry for so long.

I agree that the change is too weird.

Didn't Moritani have friends of her own? It would be more natural for her to try to mediate between those friends and Kotoura, instead of downright ditching them for the ESP club.

Now it's like she never had any friends and is starved for attention... >_>

Well, judging by what we saw of her friends, they seem to be as much of a b*tch as Moritani seemed at first, if not even more. Once she realised how well a true friend should treat another (through Manabe defending Kotoura, Kotoura not revealing her actions, Kotoura forgiving her, etc), she probably noticed that those girls were not really good friends.

Or she knew it all the time and always felt lonely and kinda got into being a b*tch in order to fit in with those girls.

Or they're still friends and the subject will come out later.

Or they just handwave it.

Feb 14, 2013 9:59 PM

OH WOW! Kotoura's family owns a theme park and even a private beach. Lmao at the boobs jiggling and Manabe and Daichi saying that they can read Kotoura's mind. I like how Yuriko tries to impress Daichi but always fails. :P Manabe's perverted thoughts are so damn hilarious. Kotoura is so adorable. The ED is really good, sung by the voice actress of Kotoura. :)
Oh shi-, Kotoura's mother at the end!

Feb 14, 2013 10:05 PM

Mockman said:
Not very interesting. It feels to me like the show's creators don't really know what to do now so they're spinning out some bits and bites. Hope they figure it out soon.

Since the source is a four panel manga, I'm prepared to cut them some slack. It is supposed to be a romantic school comedy after all--despite the heavy duty drama in the first couple of episodes.

As to the reappearance of the mother, I'm getting the impression that the grandfather and the priest are trying to bring her back together with Kotoura. Showing the mother that Kotoura does have friends and isn't considered a total freak anymore might be part of that process. As a side note, the divorce statistics for parents who have a special needs child are really high--probably because of the stress it puts on the marriage. I suspect that the mother is feeling guilt over abandoning her daughter, anger with the husband who let her do most of the work of finding a "cure" for Kotoura's problems, and a whole bunch of other emotions about the situation. I fearlessly predict that the attempt at reconciliation will be a major arc in the rest of the series.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 15, 2013 1:14 AM

Oh boy, The mom is back.

Feb 15, 2013 1:52 AM

SirDrRoger said:
I'm so disappointed that those weren't the real chupacabra, jersey devil, yeti, and whatever the last one was.

Club pres. said it was mothman, but I disagree.
For me that one looks more like mutant Pokute from Hare nochi Guu.

Man, that ending song really sticks to my head~ pettanko and that 'washboard style' must be really hurt for Kotoura. lol.

Next episode! The title should be:
"Is Kotoura mother is evil or good !?"
"Kotoura forgives her mom!"
Modified by azzuRe, Feb 15, 2013 2:00 AM

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »