Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 14, 2013 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A little different from the manga but damn, Hakaze is not happy. I'm not surprised. The fact that he still grieves for Aika is kinda saddening. Oh and of course, I feel sorry for Hakaze the same time.

Kinda nice to see the "hero" again. Hakaze also looks nice wearing that ceremonial outfit imo. The episode was good this time and I liked the aerial display. Shit went down this episode :D
Feb 14, 2013 10:07 AM

Apr 2010
Good episode , looks like they are going to cover the whole manga :)
Feb 14, 2013 12:52 PM

Jun 2010
Oh man, Yoshino. That pulled on my heartstrings.

If it went on for a bit more than that, I'm certain I'd tear up.
Feb 14, 2013 1:00 PM

Mar 2012
Yoshino was so creepy, then he cried, it just gives such weird feelings

I dont get the dancing princess thing
xxanimeeeFeb 14, 2013 1:19 PM
Feb 14, 2013 1:07 PM

Jun 2012
good episode i teared up a little, man yoshino knows how to drop a bomb
Feb 14, 2013 1:11 PM

Nov 2012
Nice episode. Hakaze looked really good in that outfit. Can't wait for the moment that Yoshino and Mahiro meat
Feb 14, 2013 1:14 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode. My heart broke for Hakaze. I'm glad she got Yoshino to deal with his feelings. Hakaze is really a great character. No matter how painful it was for her to listen to Yoshino weep for his lost love she still did it for him.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Feb 14, 2013 1:17 PM

Dec 2011
Finally. Now the priestess outfit in the opening makes sense now.
This is the logical reason, she is trying to make Hanemura stronger so she can defeat the Tree of Genesis.

And, Yoshino, manly tears were shed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2013 1:22 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Great episode! I don't particularly like/dislike Hakaze, but seriously, I was pretty annoyed when she kept pushing Yoshino's buttons. It's good that Yoshino finally got a nice cry, but I thought what Hakaze said was completely unnecessary. I respect her for her deep love towards Yoshino, but ugh. I kind of just wanted her to shut up during that scene. That aside, she was pretty badass in that fight with Hanemura :) Loving her traditional outfit. And sucks to be Mahiro. He keeps denying the truth :(
Feb 14, 2013 1:24 PM

Oct 2011
Yoshino breaking down T___T Hakaze vs Hanamura fight- YES!!
Feb 14, 2013 1:36 PM

Feb 2012
Good episode. Read the manga earlier and it pretty much drops at the last episodes end (in terms of translations)

I get the feeling I may need to rewatch this series after it's completed though.
Feb 14, 2013 1:44 PM

Sep 2011
Welp Yoshino just jumped alot in terms of likability. That one scene made him a very well rounded character.

The old atmosphere is officially back. the plot has become unexpected again, and of course it seems things are going to go from hopeful to absolutely despair worthy in the next couple of eps, this whole ep was just lingering with forshadow moments that shit isnt going to go well in the future

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 14, 2013 1:44 PM

Sep 2011
Good shit as always. It better not add any filler though with how it's close to the manga.
Feb 14, 2013 1:51 PM

Sep 2009
They still could wrap lat chapters of the manga somehow and end it the same.
Feb 14, 2013 2:02 PM

Jun 2012
After this week's episode the thing that stands out for me is how mature of a character Yoshino is.

It is kind of scary from an outside point of view how someone so close to Aika didn't grieve for her but was passive about the whole situation. However in the past when I see people crying over someone and how they want revenge it like Mahiro(and other revenge driven characters) it makes me facepalm. He's right even if you do kill whatever killed Aika nothing will change. Even doing it for the sake of justice wouldn't do anything(in this situation).

Two largely unknown lynchpins that this whole series relies on need to be explained by the end of this series or I will be pissed: Fuwa Aika, there's definitely more to her than meets the eye, the whole world changing as a result of her death doesn't mean she was just Yoshino's girlfriend. Second is the Tree of Genesis which had an interesting but definitely out there thesis this week: An alien entity?

This show has always kept me intrigued and I can't wait to see how it plays out.

-More Dere Hakaze next episode from the preview? YES!! X D
Feb 14, 2013 2:22 PM

Jun 2008
Yoshino T_T

now bring it on the action!;D

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Feb 14, 2013 2:29 PM

Aug 2011
HoshiNeko said:
Oh man, Yoshino. That pulled on my heartstrings.

If it went on for a bit more than that, I'm certain I'd tear up.

I did tear up. Yoshino TT///TT How much he's been holding back, I can't even.

So is he going to talk to Mahiro about this the next episode? It's officially caught up with the scanlations, I haven't read the manga farther than that yet, so...

Can't wait for the next episode.
Feb 14, 2013 2:29 PM
Nov 2012
Feb 14, 2013 2:40 PM

May 2009
Dem eyes
bastek66Feb 14, 2013 2:46 PM
Feb 14, 2013 2:44 PM

Feb 2011
I think Yoshino's crying scene was the best . Can't say much about the episode . I guess that kid was pretty epic in his "fight" with Hakaze
Feb 14, 2013 2:47 PM

Nov 2012
About time we see emotion in Yoshino
He felt like a bland character with no emotions since the start
Feb 14, 2013 3:12 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, Yoshino displays some emotion. I'm liking where things are going.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Feb 14, 2013 3:22 PM

Sep 2008
"What, exactly, would change if I wanted revenge, was consumed by hatred, or went insane with rage?"

A quote many anime characters could use. Then again, I guess many shows wouldn't exist without it :D Yoshino is definitively my favorite character in a long time. Smart, reasonable, logical. And not to mention he does have emotions, which this episode proved. He just tries not to let them effect his behaviour, which is, again, a great trait.

Many things have been revealed, but I just feel that those 6 remaining episodes are not enough to bring everything to an end.

Question (no spoilers please) to manga readers: Is manga over or is it still going? I'd really love to start reading it if it's finished.
Feb 14, 2013 3:22 PM

Nov 2007
Hakaze is still great. I can sense Yoshino has some feelings for her.

He has to. I hope they end together.

Now comes Mahiro complaining about him kissing his sister or something.
Feb 14, 2013 3:42 PM

Nov 2011
mystik said:

+1 just like you said he HAS to and i also hope they have a future together :)
Feb 14, 2013 3:45 PM

Jan 2013
mystik said:

+ 2

Minus I think its going to be less complaining and the siscon is going to try and beat his ass into the ground.
Feb 14, 2013 3:46 PM

Sep 2011
nina4life said:

Question (no spoilers please) to manga readers: Is manga over or is it still going? I'd really love to start reading it if it's finished.

The manga is having its final chapter next month. Though only 2 something of the 44 chapters are translated, the anime currently at 30ish apparantly, and it has been using anime only scenes to get to the specific major plot points faster. Aka its new material reaching the same spots, so its not really deviating from the manga but rather speeding things up.

mystik said:
Yah i sensed that too when she walked away from him. I'm really hoping it works out.
JizzyHitlerFeb 14, 2013 3:49 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 14, 2013 3:57 PM

Jul 2009
lol@the preview
juu-lee in tha house
Feb 14, 2013 4:10 PM

Feb 2012
Now that was a beast episode.
Feb 14, 2013 4:15 PM

Jul 2011
Yoshino finally cried for the first time after Aika's death, sad moment.

Hakaze>Aika
Feb 14, 2013 4:15 PM
Nov 2012
From what I managed to get from the preview next episode will adapt chapters 31 and 32 (Yoshino and Mahiro reunion, Mahiro/Aika flashback), 33 (Yamamoto/Hanemura in a park, Hakaze dere with Yoshino), 34 I think is the scene with Junichirou and maybe a scene from chapter 29 but I'm not too sure.
flamingo-chanFeb 14, 2013 4:19 PM
Feb 14, 2013 4:16 PM

Jan 2013
mystik said:

I hope so too... but I have a bad feeling they wont. He didn't seem too upset when she walked away from him and disappeared. Of course he doesn't show emotion often, so it's hard to tell what his feeling for Hakaze truly are.
Feb 14, 2013 4:26 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
alexx_310 said:
About time we see emotion in Yoshino
He felt like a bland character with no emotions since the start
I, on the other hand, have always felt he was the most interesting character from the start.
Feb 14, 2013 4:41 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
mora404 said:
mystik said:

I hope so too... but I have a bad feeling they wont. He didn't seem too upset when she walked away from him and disappeared. Of course he doesn't show emotion often, so it's hard to tell what his feeling for Hakaze truly are.
I suspect it's not that he doesn't have feelings for Hakaze but she is completely overshadowed by other things lurking about within his mind.
Feb 14, 2013 4:44 PM

Sep 2011
flamingo-chan said:
From what I managed to get from the preview next episode will adapt chapters 31 and 32 (Yoshino and Mahiro reunion, Mahiro/Aika flashback), 33 (Yamamoto/Hanemura in a park, Hakaze dere with Yoshino), 34 I think is the scene with Junichirou and maybe a scene from chapter 29 but I'm not too sure.

So yah if thats not an indicator that this anime will reach the manga's conclusion than nothing it

It'd of been cool if ended like gossick, where both the novel and anime ended on the same day

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 14, 2013 4:54 PM
Oct 2011
Nice episode. I get that Hakaze had good intentions with forcing Yoshino to cry and all but I think the unnecessary nagging was a little much. Yoshino reacted exactly how he would of if anyone did that to him. Get pissed then break down. But that scene ended a little differently.

90% sure Yoshino and Hakaze won't end up together. The other 10% is for my hope everyone has a happy ending. There will be a happy ending(hopefully) but different from what people will imagine. I spoiled myself with the raws, because I know it's ending next month. :/
Feb 14, 2013 4:54 PM

Sep 2011
Also I never really noticed how great the ost for this show really is until this ep, is there any news when its ost will drop? I'm interested in hearing it.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 14, 2013 4:57 PM
Dec 2012
Hakaze of this episode reminded me of Holo from S&W somehow.

She wears short skirt in snow. Crazy
Feb 14, 2013 5:08 PM

Oct 2012
eminagnam said:

A lot of girls in anime where short skirts in cold weather, so it's not crazy, cause hakaze is just awesome like that
Feb 14, 2013 5:18 PM

Jan 2013
AnimeHAwk616 said:
eminagnam said:

A lot of girls in anime where short skirts in cold weather, so it's not crazy, cause hakaze is just awesome like that

She's a kick ass Mage I don't think she's afraid of a little thing called frost bite. ;)
Feb 14, 2013 5:18 PM

Aug 2012
After over a year's worth of emotional avoidance and choosing to live with an empty heart to keep himself sane, we get to see Yoshino finally mourn Aika. That was really heavy. I love how the anime slowly creeps up to this scene by showing us flashbacks throughout the series to give us a feel for how much Aika meant to him, and at the same time reminding us how while he had been getting along apathetically, he continued to stare at her picture as if searching for the means to truly confront his feelings.

And with a huge push from Hakaze, who handled the situation amazingly(making us realize how strong her feelings for him are) he was finally able to realize just how devestated his heart was. Huge development for both characters. After living by the law of logic so devoutly that it tightly sealed his emotions, Hakaze really has saved his heart. And being the perceptive guy Yoshino is, I think he'll realize this and be able to let his feelings for her grow.

What a fantastic relationship dynamic that would make for.

I can't wait for the looming Mahiro shitstorm, after they handled Yoshino's emotional development so well, I'm very excited to see how they handle Mahiro's.
Feb 14, 2013 5:22 PM

Sep 2011
AlexTheRiot said:
After over a year's worth of emotional avoidance and choosing to live with an empty heart to keep himself sane, we get to see Yoshino finally mourn Aika. That was really heavy. I love how the anime slowly creeps up to this scene by showing us flashbacks throughout the series to give us a feel for how much Aika meant to him, and at the same time reminding us how while he had been getting along apathetically, he continued to stare at her picture as if searching for the means to truly confront his feelings.

And with a huge push from Hakaze, who handled the situation amazingly(making us realize how strong her feelings for him are) he was finally able to realize just how devestated his heart was. Huge development for both characters. After living by the law of logic so devoutly that it tightly sealed his emotions, Hakaze really has saved his heart. And being the perceptive guy Yoshino is, I think he'll realize this and be able to let his feelings for her grow.

I can't wait for the looming Mahiro shitstorm, after they handled Yoshino's emotional development so well, I'm very excited to see how they handle Mahiro's.
Yah this ep made yoshino and hakaze both unique and likable characters but also made their romantic sub-plot alot more well written than most. Which is surprising since it was actually quite poorly written at first.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 14, 2013 5:25 PM

Jan 2013
I love Hakaze and want her to be happy with her love life... But come on even if she ends up with Yoshino she'll always be second in his heart...
Feb 14, 2013 5:27 PM

Aug 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Also I never really noticed how great the ost for this show really is until this ep, is there any news when its ost will drop? I'm interested in hearing it.

AGREED. When I read this was all about Shakespearean themes, I was hoping for a really good dramatic ost, and boy has it delivered.

Don't know about the full release, but seems like some of it is here: http://animeost.info/20048/zetsuen-no-tempest-ost
Feb 14, 2013 5:29 PM

Nov 2012
Aww, I feel so bad for both Mahiro and Yoshino! They both really lost it in this episode, though Mahiro has yet to cry like Yoshino. I wish their friendship had been more honest from the start =/

I think Hakaze is edging really close to suicide here by messing with the tree, I just hope it doesn't become dramatic with her dying in love with Yoshino or something.

I also can't wait for Mahiro and Yoshino to confront each other. I hope they're both honest then, though the preview showed Yoshino's one-liner to be pretending as if he was using Aika. I hope he doesn't pull that. I'm pretty proud of him for not pulling the Hamlet act here. Whereas Hamlet had gone insane (whether real or not) , he had hurt Ophelia's brother by claiming to love her more and all that other crap. Yoshino on the other hand doesn't really want to hurt anyone, and he although if he was honest and did let himself lash out at Mahiro and Hakaze, he doesn't- whether the lashing could be justifiable or not. He's been pretending this whole time, so I don't expect him to have much sanity left like Hamlet, but I hope that unlike him, he sorts it all out instead of dying in battle with Mahiro.

As for Mahiro, haha it was cute when he started cleaning everything. And with a tooth brush! But still, I feel bad for him. He seems anxious and we all know the friendship and loyalty and stuff like that runs deep with this guy so he's going to break down when he finds out. I'm actually looking forward to him breaking down, I want him to admit that he did love Aika. I want him to move past that point, just like Yoshino should. Really, I just want to see him cry, but I hope it's not a public showdown, for his pride's sake.

And that Hanemura, hope he never stops being so pure lol He's the only thing that keeps me sane in all this complexity and two-faced characters and repenting characters, etc.

Can't wait for the next episode! Hope they properly explain that snake thing on the tablet next time.
Feb 14, 2013 5:30 PM

Sep 2011
mora404 said:
I love Hakaze and want her to be happy with her love life... But come on even if she ends up with Yoshino she'll always be second in his heart...
He can move on, this episode seemed to show the start of him letting go of the past. I mean again this episode did show signs that he at least cares for hakaze, possibly developing feelings.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 14, 2013 5:32 PM

Jan 2009
lol the Tree of Genesis and Tree of Exodus are ALIENS!!! at last their are fight scenes again and the drama is still good
Feb 14, 2013 5:40 PM

Aug 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
AlexTheRiot said:

Yah this ep made yoshino and hakaze both unique and likable characters but also made their romantic sub-plot alot more well written than most. Which is surprising since it was actually quite poorly written at first.

Oh really? Well props to Bones on that.
Spirai said:

And that Hanemura, hope he never stops being so pure lol He's the only thing that keeps me sane in all this complexity and two-faced characters and repenting characters, etc.

lol he really does provide good comic relief and character balance to the show, as well as Junichiro.
Feb 14, 2013 7:14 PM

Oct 2011
Hakaze is still carrying this show for me. Strangely enough, I'm not yet convinced of Aika's death.

Feb 14, 2013 7:31 PM

Mar 2012
Good episode, although I'm not sure what I feel about it. I'm guessing that Hakaze is trying to push Hanemura into getting stronger. By threatening the tree, she's trying to see how the tree will react to her actions and determine the tree's intentions from there. Seems reasonable. I'm personally more looking forward to the confrontation between Mahiro and Yoshino, though, if there is going to be one. Maybe there'll be a scene where Yoshino actually bares his heart to Mahiro. Bromance then ensues.

On another note, does anyone buy Evangeline's argument that the tree is some type of weapon from outer space? I felt like it was a joke but somehow I'm not sure whether I should ignore anything this series puts out.

And what exactly are Samon and Evangeline trying to do? It still seems a bit unclear at this point.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.