Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Aug 16, 2015 2:45 PM

Dec 2013
You got to respect Makishima after this episode.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 21, 2015 7:09 PM
Feb 2015
Woah. all those brains doe

That line by Makishima doe "I didn't know you know could still be afraid of dying after becoming a god"
Nov 1, 2015 7:18 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
-Riri- said:
wow~Makishima is kind of cool in this ep. I m starting to like him more and more now...

same here even if he still is a cold hearted azzhole

Jan 4, 2016 1:17 PM

Jul 2014
Ahhh, to have one's thoughts matched by a show's unfolding events and developments, how delightful indeed!

About Sibyl: How sad that those of noble minds, whose beauty lies beyond the ken of oh so many common mortals, be hunted and assimilated for knowledge and computing power.
However greater an enlightenment can be attained in such a manner, it is fundamentally akin to a death; to have one's individuality, thus in a way, beauty, be tarnished by the thoughts of numerous other minds. In that, I support Makishima's reaction to the offer proposed to him, though I must admit that I had beforehand wondered whether he would potentially accept said offer, in a projected attempt to pull of a "brain-jacking operation" once 'assimilated', especially when Sibyl, Touma, testified that his individuality would remain to some extent, at least. As well, as the 'spectator' he confessed to being, it would have been somewhat reasonable for him to end in such a way, being then capable of observing to his heart's content the content of other theoretically beautiful people that likely would have, in life, qualified as subjects of study, or rather, playthings! (Rikako, Robotguy, etc.)

Yet... I dare say that such a fate, that of becoming Sibyl, would be... desirable. Transcending the flesh, casting off this mortal coil, and being rightfully valued as superior, ruling over the masses, sovereign in intellectuality, what's not to love? Well, the rulership part maybe; a thirst for power, is, after all, a frailty. Anyway, one clearly, as per Touma's fear of death, retains one's individuality oh whatever, I ramble on.

Thoughts that occurred to me, leading to what I might have perceived as minor writing flaws whilst watching:
- Why does Sibyl, for all its intellectual prowess, not have a stronger physical presence so as to control things better? The Robotwoman avatar had to literally go take care of things by herself, pew pew. Sure, it might be that the sentient system is isolated from the cameras/drones' AI (as shown when the conflicting Dominator was forcefully transformed), but could a plan not have been devised by the many 'collected' great minds to establish a foolproof means of imposing their will onto matter, and matters? I suppose that had such a thing been orchestrated, the "good guys", Makishima or not, would never stand a chance and that would go against the "Good guys always triumph" thingy. Wow too much text for one point. Oh well.

- The Enforcer who dies: it was a bit too obvious, upon the group splitting up. However, to temper the criticism towards this bit of writing, the character development Akane and Kougami received for going after the Big Bad for their biased personal reasons, even though they knew that the basement was likely more important (for the city), compensates enough for Kagari (yes, finally looked it up) getting discarded.
- Mhmpf.

I wonder how the brains of those 'forcefully assimilated', as suggested by Touma's threat towards Maki, are treated. Hopefully, closure will be provided, however difficult 'twould be to grant personalities to so many brains, heh. Oof, you know you could just have used a notepad to write down a few points to discuss with the sissy later, right? Noooo, you had to write all this down, what for? Oh, bother, why am I typing to myself. Oh I know, for your saying of "Writing must be done for oneself". I see, alright then.
Jan 4, 2016 1:42 PM

Jul 2014
Oh, Kougami is such a boring character, too. Just like Light Yagami from Death Note, he's the cheap lazily written character (well, more lazily) that needs to be there to contend with the superior Makishima/L. Which is understandable, nonetheless dull.
Jan 10, 2016 12:31 PM

Feb 2015
I'm going to assume Sybil is now done for. Can't say that's a totally bad thing.

One of those episode where not much happened, yet ALOT happened. Toma was actually the Chief, which suprised me on every level. Then, once I thought it was going to be a power duo of evil, Makashima jacks her/his world up.

Human brains? Ye Gods! This anime is just awesome. It's difficult for me to binge, but I'm blowing through Psycho-Pass
Jan 14, 2016 2:59 AM

Dec 2015
I hope Kagari is okay!

Damn, Chief! That's cray.

Makishima. Not sure how I'm feeling about this guy.
Feb 5, 2016 7:41 PM

Apr 2012
Holy shit.

Makishima's comeback was pretty impressive though. That book to the face beggars belief.
Feb 6, 2016 6:42 AM

Apr 2014
Hopefully it's going to turn out that the "enemy of my enemy is my friend".
Mar 9, 2016 1:57 PM
Jan 2015
So, Japan is ruled by the brains of 247 psychopaths? I prefer the riots. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I would chose Makishima over this...bullshit.
Mar 14, 2016 5:47 AM

May 2015
Very interesting episode. I think here is most fitting to say," only the truth will set you free." Makishima feels like an enlightened force know that I seem to like suddenly.
Apr 9, 2016 7:06 PM

Aug 2014
Another Kick-ass from Makishima, Smash Smash Smash!!!

Great Episode.
May 22, 2016 1:04 AM

Aug 2010
OMG.

As I thought, the Sybil system consisted of some form of living beings...so it's a collective of brains. 247 brains though? Thinking that they could rule over a city...that's like a form of collective authoritarianism (if there is such a thing).

Dammit, Makishima is looking cooler and cooler by the episode. His ideas of course. Not a fan of his physically violent side...the way he destroyed the chief robot..damn

And that ending omg Kogami imagining Makishima and Makishima's call
Aug 2, 2016 3:32 PM

Aug 2012
I knew the sybyl system was a collective of human brain of criminals the moment the hacker dude said that the sybyl system was entirely located at the basement of the building. I never expected the old chick to be a puppet though. I just considered she did everything to protect the system. I am still not convinced Kagari is dead. Her gun was on stun.
Aug 2, 2016 3:36 PM

Aug 2012
JimJamJamieJoo said:
Damn, Kagari really is dead then. I did think he'd be dead, but couldn't accept it until I saw this episode.

So glad the chief has been killed, I really hated her, nice one Makishima, very brutal as well!

And now we know what the Sybil System really is too, looks like those who believed it could be made from human brains were right.

So, the weeks wait for the next episode begins...
am I issing something? why are you sure Kagari is dead?
Aug 2, 2016 3:41 PM

Aug 2012
Hannah_Ana said:
WOW!!! Did anybody else cheer when Makishima beat the sh*t out of that creepy Chief? Makishima may turn out to be a bit of an anti-hero.

I was expecting the Sibyl System to be a little more frightening. Instead of human brains, I was imagining fetuses...millions and millions of fetuses.

Waiting until the next episode is going to be so very hard to do!

Sent with Mal Updater
well in the end it i still about human brains. and since they should be able to judge criminals what better brains to be?
Aug 3, 2016 1:55 AM

Aug 2012
orangpelupa said:
this episode is so confusing.

Sybil system is just those brain "thinking" right? And dominator is Sybils eye right?

then why the enemy crime coeficiency cannot be read? Those brains or atleast those granny Brain already know that the enemy is doing bad thing and they WANT the brain.

to easily capture him, why sybil not just change the dominator to tranquilizer mode. Dont lock it...
There are 200 brains. If they cannot come to a common decision they lock the gun. Also the brains do not get the face of the culprit they get just the psicho data info. they do not see the actual person.
Sep 7, 2016 2:16 PM

Mar 2015
This anime is only getting better and better. I still think Makishima is a dangerous psychopath, but I'd sooner root for him than the Sybil system. Honestly, I can even see the squad reluctantly joining forces with him to overthrow the system.

Still, I felt bad for the Chief in the end. It was so unthinkably brutal; when Makishima sets his mind on destruction, he doesn't stop until his victim is positively no more. Watching the cyborg's head being destroyed, hair pulled out strand by strand, was an absolutely chilling experience.
Nov 12, 2016 10:51 AM

Aug 2016
I've never been this excited to watch two villains fight
I hate that Gino so much the worst character in the anime, wish he would die later.....
Nov 18, 2016 10:41 PM

Sep 2015
This does it, idagf about the Sibyl System anymore, I'm rooting for Makishima all the way and heck if I ended up in this world I would just commit suicide.
Feb 5, 2017 8:38 AM

May 2016
Makshima Shogou damn he was so cool that he refused and killed that bitch, my favorite villain have been decided (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ Makshima Shogou
May 7, 2017 12:56 PM

Sep 2014
Sibyl system is a mess. They take exceptional people's brains and incorporate them into mechanical bodies that don't even feel. That brings us to intelligent people ruling over grey mass of people.

Good thing we at least have Makishima who goes against this bs system. How can he be credited as a Villain ? He's the one who somewhat fights towards society's freedom here.
May 21, 2017 6:35 PM

Apr 2017
My frustration at this episode approached Noein-like levels. No restraints for Makishima? What was it... 247 brains should not make that mistake! And Makishima survived the crash unscathed? Completely UNBELIEVABLE! Sibyl System rules the country but can't get one strong representative body? I just can't take this show seriously now.

I was actually looking forward to the next "arc" to see what new clever content the writers could concoct. Now we're going to be stuck with Makishima even longer? Makishima is a very poor villain. He would have to be charismatic to gather all those people around him, but I see no evidence of his charisma. Think about Johan from Monster. Now there is a good charismatic villain! Think about Yoshii from Texhnolyze. He is very human and compelling in his attempt to... no spoilers here!

This episode dropped my overall rating of this show by 3/10.

Regarding the Sibyl System: This is actually a system I could live under. Think about it. The system incorporates brains in cannot understand, and therefore cannot read enough to generate a crime coefficient. That sounds like the most open-minded system in the world where change is possible! It is actively looking for new diverse opinions (not just intellectual and elite opinions as some other comments have implied) to incorporate into itself! This sort of mindset is something we desperately need in the real world. With all of those diverse brains working together so intimately in the Sibyl System, they would be able to achieve a truly functional democracy-like society.
Thorn_WallMay 21, 2017 6:50 PM
Jun 22, 2017 11:19 PM

May 2013
Die, bitch D:< How dare you kill my Kagari-kun TT^TT
Jul 24, 2017 11:55 AM

Mar 2014
This was an interesting conversation about Sibyl system. I am glad that Makishima wants no part in it though. Damn, it really makes you think how in society things that people abide by could very well originate from things that they could not imagine.
Dec 10, 2017 3:22 AM

Oct 2015
I still think that Sybil System's pros overweigh it's cons. Sure maybe it needs some improving but it's possibly the most ideal society if not in the hands of power-driven maniacs like Touma (Kasei). I mean, up to a certain point the law worked so well people didn't know how to react to a crime done in a public place. So if anything, Shougo's just as bad as Touma, if not worse.
May 4, 2018 1:18 AM

Apr 2009
Yep,that's something along the lines of what I was thinking, only bigger - I expected the sibyl system to be something gruesome like a few people tube-fed and in a coma, their brains giving the computing power to the system.
Glad to see Makishima not submitting to the will of the system, though it was naive of sibyl to think he'd do otherwise, seeing as everything he does is aimed at tearing down the order represented by sibyl. Still, he has to pay for the lives he took. It's easy to take him for some sort of romantic anti-hero fighting for freedom at this point, but he's not...
A moment of silence for our friend Kagari :(
CenedessMay 4, 2018 1:31 AM
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Aug 24, 2018 7:22 PM
Mar 2017
exposition - the episode
Sep 4, 2018 11:06 PM
Dec 2014
Makishima is such a boss. Though the cyborgs in this anime aren't that impressive.

Kinda glad that he was given another life line, though I hope they won't milk it forever (like Aizen).

Not entirely related to this episode, as a general comment up to this episode, I have to say that I feel a bit bad for Akane. She just seems totally out of her depth. It is a bit of a (plot induced) miracle that she was able to sucker smack Makishima to be honest, considering how easily he took down two armed thugs (not counting the one who didn't make a move), Kougami (albeit wounded) and a cyborg. Akane judging by the fact that she never had any practical experience in first aid, probably haven't any serious combat experience and despite attacking from behind, Makishima should've been able to react (especially as she wasn't exactly stealthy). I do not expect her to become like the Major (from GitS) but given the "difficulty level" of the bad guy they are facing, she's got a lot of levelling up to do.
Oct 2, 2018 7:31 AM

Jan 2017
Ah. How do you even judge whats good and bad? Makishima is becoming more likeable throughout these episodes. I like the way he thinks about the system but I don't really like the way he does it with his sick actionS.

I cant believe they thought that Kagari ran away. He fought till the end and no one knew about it because he just went "missing". Just gone. I'm so mad because this just doesnt give him justice. He deserves better.
yooooooobiOct 2, 2018 6:06 PM
Sorry for my English.
Dec 28, 2018 6:37 AM

May 2016
Makishima might've been responsible for so many heinous crimes, but it's safe to say that the whole Sibyl System is arguably the larger evil at hand considering what it really is. Mere machines can't properly decide the difference between good and bad so they collected hundreds of brains that either feel something positive when they do acts that are considered bad or don't feel any emotion at all and made them the almighty judge, jury, and executioners of society. The whole idea on the surface sounds good on paper but after knowing the truth... no thank you.

Just hoping that Shinya will catch Shogo because that doesn't excuse him for what he'd done. It's sad that the only thing left to remember Kagari by is his broken gun ;~;

Mar 23, 2019 5:47 PM

Nov 2016
"I'll probably be difficult to prosecute someone based solely on evidence" That line is too good de

I ain't even mad at Makishima tbh.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 19, 2019 5:13 AM

Nov 2017
This damn Makishima this episode...

Jun 2, 2019 12:58 AM

Aug 2017
So, the Sybil System is just a bunch of brains from ppl like Makishima. He killed his former friend. Now, we will have to deal with 46 more Chiefs more lmao.

Good episode.

NurguburuJun 2, 2019 1:06 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 7, 2019 6:06 AM

Dec 2014
Is it me or this gets more and more devastating
Jul 9, 2019 9:55 AM

Dec 2018
I'm guessing what's left of Kagari is his brain. But I don't think the brain of Kagari will do much to help Sybil System, moreover they have special criteria to be part of the system.

Gj Makishima, you just follow how Patrick uses technology.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 11, 2019 1:27 PM

Oct 2016
What an episode.
The idea that 200 brains control this system is so insane.
I knew the Sibyl System was bad but I didn't realize how sinister the masterminds behind it were.
I still disagree with the way Makishima caused all those riots, but I sympathized a lot with him in this episode. I gained some respect for him after he turned down the offer. He's a man of his morals, you gotta give him that. He's still a bad guy though, there's no denying that. Poor Akane had to see that happen to her friend. I'm really interested in seeing all the characters developments but so far I am really looking forward to how Akane, Kogami, Makishima, and Ginoza develop.
I'm looking forward to finishing this up.

Aug 7, 2019 12:46 PM
Jul 2018
I still think Sibyl System is great and flaws easily could minimize if there was lot of planning. But eh the way this show displaying its so call dark side is.. nonsensical tbh.
Aug 26, 2019 8:04 AM

Dec 2012
THE FUCK.
Makishima = Hero
Sibyl = Villain

Oct 12, 2019 3:51 PM

Mar 2019
Wow I never expected this. I hope Makishima and Kogami join forces, they would make the perfect team and I think Akane is going to be the secret key to defeating Sibyl.

Crazy theory: Urobuchi's brain is the leader of the Sibyl System and is behind all this!
Jan 6, 2020 9:52 AM

Jan 2018
Thanks to this episode a lot of people that didn't like Makishima started rooting for him, like the anti-hero he is.

Don't get me wrong, he has done awful things and deserve to be in prison, but I don't think that day will come, neither that Kogami will join forces with the murderer of his friend.
Jan 25, 2020 7:29 AM
Aug 2016
Before Episode 17 comes, I never think that Sibyl System should be abolish as it did its job by identifying criminals and eliminates them. What it lacks are the scanning of crimes and spotting blood, I mean human don't bleed for no reason, the system should be able to improve so that it can be perfect in every way.

Sibyl System of course is invented by humans and operating in its own, its like a super duper huge database where humans like Inspector and Enforcers are still needed to use these system. So, whether the system becomes an AI that awaken itself or is still managing by humans, it doesn't matter too much.

What destroy Sibyl System is the joining of criminals, they make these lethal criminals disappear and live with a new identity and control human lives while they are the ones destroying other people lives, wtf? Where is the freaking justice?

I don't agree with Makishima methods but at this point, I stand with him. This stupid fake justice system should be destroy once and for all.
Mar 10, 2020 8:21 PM

Aug 2007
I'll give it to Makishima to remain true to his philosophy on freewill, but damn boy -- cut your hair!!

May 26, 2020 11:41 AM
Sep 2015
The plot stay thickening. Wth

Glad I always check to see if there's a preview though cause I thought about skipping the credits on this one
May 30, 2020 5:47 PM

Jan 2020
Great episode!! Worth it
Jul 15, 2020 6:15 PM
Oct 2019
Well that was a really good episode. I was actually rooting for Mikashima during it (wtf). Very much anti-Sibyl and anti-Chief now.

They kept showing that plane. I thought it was doing surveillance on the city somehow. Didn't realize it was the transportation. Though, a plane is going to be noisier and bumpier than that, which would've made it obvious in real life.

Death to Sibyl! All those brains... Sheesh. Mikashima declining the offer to join the "brain farm" lol.

Who created the brain farm in the first place?!
Aug 19, 2020 4:33 AM

Jul 2020
So the Sybil System wasn’t an AI but rather a collection of people’s brains. I was at lost at that part and can’t make any sense in it.

Makishima really is smart and I’m starting to like him and root for him. I hope he and Kogari will end up working together against the system.
Nov 9, 2020 3:39 PM

Apr 2020
There are too many plot twists in this episode
Nov 23, 2020 11:45 AM

Feb 2009
Love where this is going! Makishima is certainly a very interesting character, despite the fact that he is a cold blooded mass murderer! Well, those are always the most interesting characters in this stories anyway
Dec 1, 2020 2:32 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
It’s awesome to have several moving pieces than to have just one set antagonist. I hope they can keep up the good work and give us a non-cliched final few episodes. So far these episodes have been going by fast as I am really intrigued and on the edge of my seat

I also like how they didn’t completely villainize the sybil system, it is definitely a useful thing to have to maintain order, but the fact that it is revealed to be made up of human minds makes it putting some humans above others and making them play god. Anything human is flawed, so there shouldn’t be any human to dictate the life of another. Shougo, a very flawed human being that being he is a stone cold killer is basically trying to overcome evil with evil and at the end of the day mankind is all evil dang I love this shit please give me a stellar ending
BetaMaleUltraDec 1, 2020 2:37 AM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

927 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 5, 12:27 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

566 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 2:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.