Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 13, 2013 9:22 AM

Sep 2010
Matenrou said:
Uno's Bankai is similar to Aizen's Shikhai
They never explain what it does. That whole thing with the skeletons was most likely just Zaraki daydreaming.
Feb 13, 2013 9:29 AM

Nov 2010
Doesn't a Bankai have a similar power to the shikai it said in the yama fight; so her bankai has to do with healing in some way.
Feb 13, 2013 9:43 AM

Sep 2008
125188 said:
Doesn't a Bankai have a similar power to the shikai it said in the yama fight; so her bankai has to do with healing in some way.

You mean like soi fong's?
Throw sticks or stones and I'll break you're bones, but words...I'll just delete 'em.
Feb 13, 2013 9:54 AM

Sep 2010
Darwich said:
125188 said:

The over all theme of Soi Fong's zanpakuto is that her shikai power was a potential "2 hit KO" and her bankai power is a potential "1 hit KO" so it still fits.....sort of.
Feb 13, 2013 9:54 AM

Jul 2007
Darwich said:
125188 said:

Soifon's Shikai: kill shit in two hits.
Soifon's Bankai: Kill EVERYTHING in one hit.

So whatever Uno's bankai is, it has to do with life
Feb 13, 2013 10:25 AM

Aug 2009
She's dead, bless her soul.

The resent development has been quite different in it's writing style. Kubo is in his romantic and poetic mood and I find the relationship of Unohana and Zaraki beautiful; two warriors with a incredible strong passion for fighting. Both wish to let it last forever, him putting restrains on himself and her learning to heal.

One could say that this is mad thinking that a strong and experienced senior like Unohana has agreed to die in this fight, but even if she could wipe out a lot of enemies with her Bankai, it would possibly be stolen when released. Zaraki has finally awakened. He'll be the most feared shinigami ever in the history of Soul Society, a true Kenpachi and the man that made Unohana proud.
Feb 13, 2013 10:33 AM

Dec 2007
Wow, I really enjoyed this chapter. I don't get why people get upset about Unohana's bankai. She was a fodder character and thus, was given a fodder bankai x). I mean, people got interested in her only now. For example, I hadn't cared for her the entire manga so I felt nothing after her bankai was kinda useless. I actually can see this as the end of this fight, don't think it will be continued, because of the mood Kubo was setting up this whole chapter.
Now the question is if Kubo pulls his trademark move(and I REALLY hope he won't). ''naaaah it's ok, he/she is fine"". After all I guess she is one of the least popular characters from this series so probability of her death is pretty high x), then again, it's Bleach ;].
PutyFeb 13, 2013 10:37 AM

Feb 13, 2013 10:42 AM

Sep 2012
That was a terrible chapter of Bleach. We only got to see Unohana's bankai for 2 seconds, and the *BANG* right in the fucking throat! She's probably definitely going to die, maybe we're going to see some shitty flashbacks in the next chapter. I never thought I'd say this, but I would rather read a chapter solely based on Orihime's infatuation with Ichigo a 10000 times over, than even talk about 526 of Bleach again.
Feb 13, 2013 10:56 AM

Aug 2007
Arashi89 said:
Why are you guys hoping for the worst possible plot development?!

Because we made it through 526 chapters of this and Kubos storytelling-mistakes tend to come back a few times too often. Like: every. single. time.
Feb 13, 2013 11:07 AM

Aug 2012
Arashi89 said:
Why are you guys hoping for the worst possible plot development?!

plot development? this is bleach... there's none of that here
Feb 13, 2013 11:12 AM

Aug 2012
Puty said:
Wow, I really enjoyed this chapter. I don't get why people get upset about Unohana's bankai. She was a fodder character and thus, was given a fodder bankai

the problem is that in reality most character in bleach have been fodder up until now but as soon as we think we're going to get some real development out of a character that should hold importance in the bleach mythology Kubo trolls us again. If she was purposely meant as fodder why even devote this much wasted time towards her? It's obvious that her being "fodder" wasn't intentional and just highlights the fact that kubo has problems w/ character development and progression.
Feb 13, 2013 11:17 AM

Mar 2009
It seems to me Kenpachi pulled Alucard on Unohana. Alucard impaled Rip van Winkle on the musket and Kenpachi did the same with his blade.
Just look where Kenpachi hand is. Penetrated from her stomach to neck with his sword.

Few things can happen. Unohana can die right there with short explanation of her Bankai. Other outcome is that Kenpachi forces her to keep on living. He won and so her life belongs to him. He can use that to force her to live with him and keep him alive anywhere they go to fight. I would be great if She cut her hair as to mark the death of Yachiru Kenpachi and create new image of Unohana Retsu.

What's better? Zaraki that just killed his mentor and teacher (Think Unohana trained Zaraki when he was kid) or use her to heal any wounds he would sustain so that he can enjoy fighting at 100% forever. Uno x Zaraki double teaming someone would be great. Exchanging blows with him and taking care of each other. Zaraki taking blows for Unohana and her healing him in turn so that they could constantly push forward and attack.

Blondie from VR would be great opponent of Zaraki. I think he was the one that beat him up since Yuha was a fake.
Feb 13, 2013 11:58 AM
Mar 2012
Well, that bankai... did absolutely nothing.
WTF

Melike said:
"you found a way to restrain yourself so that you could enjoy fighting forever.
i found a way to heal myself so that i could enjoy fighting forever."
this rocks *
It doesn't make sense though, considering that she didn't fight anymore.
Feb 13, 2013 11:58 AM

Jul 2009
The story would do just as fine if there was no rule where only one kenpachi is allowed to live, I would be just as happy if she was able to draw out his potential without having to die. Soul society needs healers, never liked her vice-captain so hopefully they don't kill the captain off. Kubo's story-telling is hard to predict sometimes since it looks like he makes it up as he goes without planning so maybe he'll find some ridiculous way to have her live.
Feb 13, 2013 12:22 PM

Jan 2012
Hope she's dead. I never liked her to begin with.
Feb 13, 2013 12:49 PM

Dec 2007
tankoubon-feind said:
[/spoiller]
I totally agree, but all of those undeveloped characters were given some traits, we got to like them more or less. With Unohana it was... nothing. Kubo carefully prepared twist invollving her and forgot to give her some more personality along the way.

Feb 13, 2013 1:03 PM

Nov 2011
Good chapter.
That last page was pretty epic, and now I wonder how exactly strong Kenpachi is considering it seems like he is at his full potential now.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Feb 13, 2013 1:06 PM

Sep 2007
Shame that we didn't get to see Unohana actually do something with her bankai.
Feb 13, 2013 1:33 PM

Dec 2009
I really hope Zaraki didn't kill Unohana. It would be a waste to be honest.
Feb 13, 2013 1:35 PM
Jul 2012
k 1) to whoever said her bankai was the thing that healed - thats her shikai
2) barragans respira seems to target who he wants. Her bankai supposedly destroys everything, Including her. Which is why she learned to heal so well. So she could survive her fights longer....
Her bankai isnt an illusion like aizens shikai. IF anything, i was zaraki hallucinating while he was unconscious
3) For the last fucking time, she is not killing and revivng him. Shes taking him to the point of death and recovering him.

And yes she probably is dead just like yama. Its no surprise that in a shounen manga, the strongest people who could end the fight in half a minute decide to stay on the sidelines and do nothing. And then die to inspire other characters. Ive been looknig forward to her bankai since i saw ukitake and kyouraku be afraid of pissing her off. Id like a little more light shed on it, but if thats all we get im happy. Her bankai destroys everything.
Feb 13, 2013 1:45 PM

Aug 2008
man that read a bit like a romantic novel or sorts, kinda weird.
Feb 13, 2013 1:48 PM
Nov 2007
Poor Unohana
Feb 13, 2013 2:02 PM

Apr 2009
Don't mind me, just coming in this thread to rage at how BLOODY FUCKING STUPID THIS WHOLE SUBPLOT IS.
Seriously, what the fuck is Kubo smoking. This is just as bad as the Fullbringer arc.

This isn't the fucking Highlander, why the hell must they fight to the death when SS is facing one of biggest crisis in their whole history?! They had several centuries time before they were engaged in a bloody war against the Vandenreich where they might actually need like...hmm...I don't know... TWO FUCKING OVERPOWERED WARMONGERS INSTEAD OF JUST A SINGLE ONE BECAUSE THEY HAVE A MASSIVE SHORTAGE OF MANPOWER.

Holy fuck, this is so bad. How the hell did SS last for several millenia when they apprently are too dumb to get even the most basic military strategies?!

And I won't even mention the retarded fluctuating powerlevels in this series as a supposed explanation for this pseudo-innuendo. Utter nonsense.
NidhoeggrFeb 13, 2013 2:06 PM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 13, 2013 3:08 PM

May 2012
Archnemesis said:

2) barragans respira seems to target who he wants. Her bankai supposedly destroys .

no. remember how he died or his fight in general?
Feb 13, 2013 3:36 PM
Jul 2012
Eltrik said:
Archnemesis said:

2) barragans respira seems to target who he wants. Her bankai supposedly destroys .

no. remember how he died or his fight in general?

Yeah i remember it. He breathes it out and it chases his target. And he was only immune to it on the outside. Covered himself with his own power as some sort of protective shell. His hand was teleported inside him where he had no defence.
She wasnt immune at all. Even her skin started to melt away.

Feb 13, 2013 3:49 PM
Feb 2013
I don't think Unohana shikai heals. When you think about it her Minazuki in shikai form has fluids in its stomach that heals. I think that is the spring water from that one dude from the royal guards. In this latest chapter i noticed that she never released her shikai so she must have fought Zaraki with her zanpaktou unreleased. I also noticed that she said that she had to master her "kaidou" which means healing kido, so her shikai shouldn't be able to heal. She was healing herself and Zaraki this whole time with kido and not shikai. Her bankai is not an illusion but it melts everything her surroundings, herself, and her enemies, she just use kido to heal herself and Zaraki. I do believe she is dead, yes kubo does like to fool around with the whole cheating death crap but not this time i don't think. If you think about it he killed off Gin Ichimaru who also had a Bankai that is devastating, and he also had little background until we learned his story right before his death. I always loved Gin, and Unohana they were my favorite characters, as well as Shinji and Uryu. I conclude that Shinji may take the place as the number one healer bc it is referenced that he knows a thing or two about healing even though he may not be as experienced as Unohana
Feb 13, 2013 4:13 PM

Mar 2009
Nidhoeggr said:
Don't mind me, just coming in this thread to rage at how BLOODY FUCKING STUPID THIS WHOLE SUBPLOT IS.
Seriously, what the fuck is Kubo smoking. This is just as bad as the Fullbringer arc.

This isn't the fucking Highlander, why the hell must they fight to the death when SS is facing one of biggest crisis in their whole history?! They had several centuries time before they were engaged in a bloody war against the Vandenreich where they might actually need like...hmm...I don't know... TWO FUCKING OVERPOWERED WARMONGERS INSTEAD OF JUST A SINGLE ONE BECAUSE THEY HAVE A MASSIVE SHORTAGE OF MANPOWER.

Holy fuck, this is so bad. How the hell did SS last for several millenia when they apprently are too dumb to get even the most basic military strategies?!

And I won't even mention the retarded fluctuating powerlevels in this series as a supposed explanation for this pseudo-innuendo. Utter nonsense.

Amen.
Feb 13, 2013 4:50 PM
Feb 2013
wow yamaji actually had this all planned. he knew would fall against juha and knew that the kenpachi training would be required so he hid unohona away from the battle. it wasnt to heal soldiers it was so she could train zaraki. i doubt zaraki will get a bankai, becuase what would be the best soldier to fight against the VR whos main tactic is to steal ur bankai and use it against u. in this fight the bankai is nothing but a crutch that cannot be used and this is one weakness that zaraki will no suffer from. his the main man for the job.
Feb 13, 2013 5:52 PM

Nov 2012
unohana better not be dead. kubo can't build her up to be some extraordinary warrior + then just kill her off. i'd much prefer that she + zaraki just fight together but no, we have to be given some unnecessary fight to satiate fans' needs for so-called "epic" fights that have absolutely no significance in the grand scheme of things + are never that impressive in the first place. also, if there can only be one kenpachi why are they only just fighting now? the more i think about this, the more this progression enrages me. i just hope unohana is alive + well + able to kill some goddamn quincies. also her bankai looked so good + we got, what, one page of it? and without an explanation. this is so enraging. kubo better fix this travesty.
Feb 13, 2013 6:32 PM
Dec 2012
That was a fitting end for the first Kenpachi.
Feb 13, 2013 6:37 PM
Jul 2012
Mormegil said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Amen.

To me it makes sense. Ichigo is the already overpowered mainstay of the manga. Theres your first overpowered warmonger.
Ive said it before: when unohana said one of them has to die its for this reason. Either kenpachi would remain too weak and shed kill him in the end (unlikely as we now know), or during her 'training' of him he would regain consciousness and be just that much stronger than her he would deal her a fatal wound. Which supposedly happened in the last page. Zaraki wasnt strong enough to take on the leader as he was. Unohana probably may have been able to.

shinohan said:
wow yamaji actually had this all planned. he knew would fall against juha and knew that the kenpachi training would be required so he hid unohona away from the battle. it wasnt to heal soldiers it was so she could train zaraki. i doubt zaraki will get a bankai, becuase what would be the best soldier to fight against the VR whos main tactic is to steal ur bankai and use it against u. in this fight the bankai is nothing but a crutch that cannot be used and this is one weakness that zaraki will no suffer from. his the main man for the job.

continuing on from Shinohan (awesome post btw, very succinct): But both her and yamaji knew of zarakis untapped potential. Yamaji kept her back to train. Why? Because you may have someone whos power level is OVER 9000!, but it would be inifinitely better if that OVER 9000! can help a 6000 realise his 30k potential.

Before deeming the manga a tragedy, try and see where kubo is coming from and what hes doing. Besides the rushing of the end of the deicide arc, i find his story telling to be quite innovative. Not unpredictable, but i cant see why everyones denouncing it. If it pisses you off that much, then stop reading the fucking thing. Guess its kinda hypocritical, as i keep returning to these forums and reading inane dribble :|
Feb 13, 2013 7:55 PM

Sep 2012
What a let down, what does her bankai does again, or did I miss something?
Anyways I was expecting more from unohana, yet another character gets trolled. But this is Bleach so I don't believe that she's dead yet, until it is confirmed next chapter.
Feb 13, 2013 7:58 PM
Mar 2009
No long winded explanation of her Bankai's abilities?

It should be related to her Shikai right? The giant, one-eyed whale thing...
Feb 13, 2013 8:05 PM

Jun 2008
Actually as few others said, her not dying after all this built-up about her imminent death will be kind of lame.
Not that i will be surprised if she doesn't die.
On the other hand, if she dies but we get no explanation of what her bankai ever was it would also be disappointing and it would seem like Kubo just tried to avoid explaining her bankai because he didn't have a good idea what to give her.
He knows that readers wanted to know her bankai and if he avoids explaining it, it would seem very cheap.

tankoubon-feind said:
namelessregret said:
tankoubon-feind said:
Also what did her bankai do? was the peeling away of the skin some sort of metaphor or what?
Her Bankai basically have the same ability Baraggan had: Respira.

really? thats a pretty lame bankai especially considering how much she's been hyped. Im losing hope for bleach more and more...

Yeah, really, just believe every idiot on the internet, because we are all totally friends with Kubo and learn chapters before hand.

Nidhoeggr said:

Not only power levels are over 9000 but your stupidity seems to be too. Who the fuck told you that there was a way to avoid such a fight and bring back his full potential?
Obviously to fully wake him up she needs to bring out a very dangerous fight that has a high risk of her dieing. This isn't a matter of a fucking choice, so whether they would like to have both of them or not is irrelevant.
MonadFeb 13, 2013 8:19 PM
Feb 13, 2013 8:34 PM

Aug 2012
Monad said:
Obviously to fully wake him up she needs to bring out a very dangerous fight that has a high risk of her dieing. This isn't a matter of a fucking choice, so whether they would like to have both of them or not is irrelevant.

Don't you think thats a pretty stupid plot device in order to get them to fight and to get kenpachi his bankai in a few chapters? I don't understand why kubo feels he needs to form all these subplots in order to get characters to fight when most don't care about the story in bleach anyway.
Feb 13, 2013 8:56 PM
Mar 2010
kennikitty said:
I'm not the slightest bit concinved that she's dead.

convinced*

yeah...
Feb 13, 2013 9:00 PM
Mar 2010
tankoubon-feind said:
it seems like as soon as a character in bleach gets any real development in bleach they get killed off and even if she actually turns out to be alive it'll just be another trolled/fake death that kubo pulled out of his ass. Also what did her bankai do? was the peeling away of the skin some sort of metaphor or what?

her zanpakuto translates from: "Minazuki" to: "Purify the Flesh"

pretty kick ass name in my opinion.
SisterFeb 13, 2013 9:15 PM
Feb 13, 2013 9:08 PM
Mar 2010
namelessregret said:
tankoubon-feind said:
Also what did her bankai do? was the peeling away of the skin some sort of metaphor or what?
Her Bankai basically have the same ability Baraggan had: Respira.

her zanpakuto's name is "Minazuki" which translates to "Purify the Flesh"

only just melting your skin and turning you into a skeleton...easier to break your bones and stuff...dunno, have to wait for explanation.
SisterFeb 13, 2013 9:13 PM
Feb 13, 2013 9:51 PM
Jul 2012
tankoubon-feind said:
Monad said:

Don't you think thats a pretty stupid plot device in order to get them to fight and to get kenpachi his bankai in a few chapters? I don't understand why kubo feels he needs to form all these subplots in order to get characters to fight when most don't care about the story in bleach anyway.

read my posts. ive given my theory about why one of them has to die. And i hope kenpachi doesnt get his bankai. Just like Ichigo forced jinzen midfight, zaraki could have as well. But he hasnt. Which supports a theory that the zanpakutou he has isnt his, its one he stole of a shinigami as a child. No point in getting a bankai if the Vandenreich are just going to steal it anyway. Thats why shes training him to release his full potential. The power he has without sharing the strength of his zanpakutou. Maybe thatd be the crutch that stops him from being stronger than ichigo in the end, since the shounen is meant to be the strongest (as shown with the FGT)
Feb 14, 2013 3:32 AM

Apr 2009
Archnemesis said:

To me it makes sense. Ichigo is the already overpowered mainstay of the manga. Theres your first overpowered warmonger.
Ive said it before: when unohana said one of them has to die its for this reason. Either kenpachi would remain too weak and shed kill him in the end (unlikely as we now know), or during her 'training' of him he would regain consciousness and be just that much stronger than her he would deal her a fatal wound. Which supposedly happened in the last page. Zaraki wasnt strong enough to take on the leader as he was. Unohana probably may have been able to.

And of course they couldn't have done this in the past 500 years or so? I mean, we kind of had the danger of several Vastolords appearing in front of them a few years ago...

Monad said:

Not only power levels are over 9000 but your stupidity seems to be too. Who the fuck told you that there was a way to avoid such a fight and bring back his full potential?

Once again, why only now? Why not during the other time SS was in grave danger?
And why the fuck would ANY competent leader ignore such a potential powerhouse wasting said potential only to hastly fall back on it in one of the worst moments. The decisions of the captains, or better: SS in general, are as irrational as they come.

It doesn't make sense. And that is because Kubo, like usual, is pulling things out of his ass to satisfy fanboys with stupid and pointless fights that shouldn't be there in the first place if he actually would plan his story before drawing.
NidhoeggrFeb 14, 2013 3:46 AM
Feb 14, 2013 4:28 AM
Nov 2009
initial thoughts after reading this chapter: dafuq did i just read?

It was good though, hopefully she didn't die and just passed down the title Kenpachi to Zaraki. And her Bankai needs some explanation lol.
Feb 14, 2013 7:41 AM

Jun 2008
Nidhoeggr said:
Archnemesis said:

And of course they couldn't have done this in the past 500 years or so? I mean, we kind of had the danger of several Vastolords appearing in front of them a few years ago...

Monad said:

Once again, why only now? Why not during the other time SS was in grave danger?
And why the fuck would ANY competent leader ignore such a potential powerhouse wasting said potential only to hastly fall back on it in one of the worst moments. The decisions of the captains, or better: SS in general, are as irrational as they come.

It doesn't make sense. And that is because Kubo, like usual, is pulling things out of his ass to satisfy fanboys with stupid and pointless fights that shouldn't be there in the first place if he actually would plan his story before drawing.

Now you bring a complete different matter than them possibly losing one of them in this fight. This and that are two different things.
Basically now you changed the subject and you are asking why she didn't fight Aizen or why wasn't Kenpachi trained by her before when Aizen was doing his party? Well am not Kubo to know exactly why he did what but unlike you guys i have enough imagination and sense to find logical reasons instead of pretending there aren't any that comes to mind.

Kenpachi is a battle fanatic that killed the previous captain to take his place. Even if the rule allows it such actions are very uncommon and disliked. His a scary person with a a scary personality and big scary potential, so is clear SS wasn't all to keen on letting him get his full power if it could be avoided and had such a possible action only as a last resort. Now with even the captain commander dead and their bankais useless or stolen they really are pushed to a corner like never before so that's why it is happening now. SS was very strongly based around the power and figure of captain commander, as long as they had him they always felt they could still handle things.
Unohana at the same time was held in the back of conflicts because she had the key of unlocking that last resort measure.
So when they gathered to go and fight Aizen, first they didn't feel like they were hopeless so to prepare Kenpachi from before and second releasing the power of Kenpachi for Aizen would have been too much of a wasted risk for them since Aizen's power was that full illusion shit that he tricked captains seeing including Kenpachi so they would have released a power they preferred not to for someone that will probably had a way to avoid such power anyway since he already had Kenpachi under his spell.
Unlike Aizen, Kenpachi's power is perfect against this guys that steal bankais since Kenpachi doesn't have to use one.
MonadFeb 14, 2013 9:05 AM
Feb 14, 2013 7:56 AM

Oct 2011
3/5 Bleach needs to end ...
The plot has grown so feeble ... But i have to say that the art is still top notch =)
PolychromeFeb 14, 2013 8:02 AM
Feb 14, 2013 9:04 AM

Apr 2009
Monad said:

Now you bring a complete different matter than them possibly losing one of them in this fight. This and that are two different things.
Basically now you changed the subject and you are asking why she didn't fight Aizen or why wasn't Kenpachi trained by her before when Aizen was doing his party? Well am not Kubo to know exactly why he did what but unlike you guys i have enough imagination and sense to find logical reasons instead of pretending there aren't any that comes to mind.
Kenpachi is a battle fanatic that killed the previous captain to take his place. Even if the rule allows it such actions are very uncommon and disliked. His a scary person with a a scary personality and big scary potential, so is clear SS wasn't all to keen on letting him get his full power if it could be avoided and had such a possible action only as a last resort. Now with even the captain commander dead and their bankais useless or stolen they really are pushed to a corner like never before so that's why it is happening now. SS was very strongly based around the power and figure of captain commander, as long as they had him they always felt they could still handle things.
Unohana at the same time was held in the back of conflicts because she had the key of unlocking that last resort measure.
So when they gathered to go and fight Aizen, first they didn't feel like they were hopeless so to prepare Kenpachi from before and second releasing the power of Kenpachi for Aizen would have been too much of a wasted risk for them since Aizen's power was that full illusion shit that he tricked captains seeing including Kenpachi so they would have released a power they preferred not do for someone that will probably had a way to avoid such power anyway since he already had Kenpachi under his spell.
Unlike Aizen, Kenpachi's power is perfect against this guys that steal bankais since Kenpachi doesn't have to use one.

Don't try to rationalize what isn't there. This is the logic fans of Guilty Crown, SAO and other bad anime/manga use when they encounter plot holes. "What-if's" are irrelevant whan faced with the lackluster writing that makes it neccessary to come up with them in the first place.
Fact is that the Kubo wrote himself into a corner as apparently SS had no problems sending Kenpachi to HM to help Ichigo when they knew Aizen was there.
Also, when the Captain Commando is so powerful and amazing that they didn't feel to unleash kenpachi's potential (which implies that he is stroger than him), why is Kenpachi only interesting in fighting Unohana?
The whole subplot being played out at this specific time is idiotic because there were countless opportunities and other factors that should've played into it, prompting this situation to be resolved before Ichigo even became a Shinigami. But then again, Kubo doesn't want that. He wants to show fights. And he wants to show "badass" characters, no matter how much sense it makes in the story context.

My other main problem is: Powerlevels in Bleach are so inconsistent that Kubo has to come up with excuses and asspulls constantly to keep the SS/Ichigo/[Person X] at a disadvantage to include even more fights that slow down the story development.
The reason? Imho it's because Kubo is a shit writer and doesn't have an idea how to push a story forward most of the time, thus stalling constantly. And this is really getting frutstrating, especially in this arc.
What about Ishida for example? We are nearly 50 chapters into an arc about a Quincy empire waging war against all Shinigami and he is even more irrelevant than ever before so far? Instead, Kubo includes shitty and drawn-out fights to further stall and please fans who onyl want to see their beloved characters. This is very weak and I despise this kind of writing the most.
NidhoeggrFeb 14, 2013 9:09 AM
Feb 14, 2013 9:41 AM

Jun 2008
Nidhoeggr said:
Monad said:

So when they gathered to go and fight Aizen, first they didn't feel like they were hopeless so to prepare Kenpachi from before and second releasing the power of Kenpachi for Aizen would have been too much of a wasted risk for them since Aizen's power was that full illusion shit that he tricked captains seeing including Kenpachi so they would have released a power they preferred not do for someone that will probably had a way to avoid such power anyway since he already had Kenpachi under his spell.

Don't try to rationalize what isn't there. This is the logic fans of Guilty Crown, SAO and other bad anime/manga use when they encounter plot holes. "What-if's" are irrelevant whan faced with the lackluster writing that makes it neccessary to come up with them in the first place.
Fact is that the Kubo wrote himself into a corner as apparently SS had no problems sending Kenpachi to HM to help Ichigo when they knew Aizen was there.
Also, when the Captain Commando is so powerful and amazing that they didn't feel to unleash kenpachi's potential (which implies that he is stroger than him), why is Kenpachi only interesting in fighting Unohana?
The whole subplot being played out at this specific time is idiotic because there were countless opportunities and other factors that should've played into it, prompting this situation to be resolved before Ichigo even became a Shinigami. But then again, Kubo doesn't want that. He wants to show fights. And he wants to show "badass" characters, no matter how much sense it makes in the story context.

My other main problem is: Powerlevels in Bleach are so inconsistent that Kubo has to come up with excuses and asspulls constantly to keep the SS/Ichigo/[Person X] at a disadvantage to include even more fights that slow down the story development.
The reason? Imho it's because Kubo is a shit writer and doesn't have an idea how to push a story forward most of the time, thus stalling constantly. And this is really getting frutstrating, especially in this arc.
What about Ishida for example? We are nearly 50 chapters into an arc about a Quincy empire waging war against all Shinigami and he is even more irrelevant than ever before so far? Instead, Kubo includes shitty and drawn-out fights to further stall and please fans who onyl want to see their beloved characters. This is very weak and I despise this kind of writing the most.

You are just ridiculous now. My explanations to everything fit perfectly and make perfect sense, there are no "what if's" in them(btw i like how you conveniently pulled out of the first argument without saying you were wrong simply by putting more questions in others things) but you simply brushed them aside by using names like guilty crown and SAO despite having no logical arguments on why there is anything wrong with those explanations simply because you decided that you wanted to come to Mal and post in this chapter on how you hate Kubo and his so awful that no matter of logic can get threw to you. Your are a little too fanatic in your hate and you lost your sense of logic.

Now you decided to escape again by using new questions about Ishida. I could answer that too but look i ain't gonna be playing this game to eternity, stick to your freaking questions got damn it and stop trying to bring new ones just so you can avoid saying "Oh yeah you are right i guess that has a logical explanation". It's not like am Kubo's and Bleach biggest fan and i have a mission to answer every question about every thing so i can prove Bleach has no mistakes(that's Fai's work).
I simply answered to a few things that can clearly be explained and yet you act like they don't. If you want to bring a tone of questions then make a thread and ask if those are plot-holes or can be explained.

Btw can you rephrase this in English so i can get it because it seemed at least to be based on my explanations.
"Also, when the Captain Commando is so powerful and amazing that they didn't feel to unleash kenpachi's potential (which implies that he is stroger than him), why is Kenpachi only interesting in fighting Unohana? "

And as about Kenpachi being sent to Hueco Moundo, i really don't get where the problem is exactly. They knew Aizen would come out trying to make the key, that much was obvious since they expected him there and even built a fake town. Sending Kenpachi there seems more like actually sending him somewhere that he avoids getting in to the big fight.
MonadFeb 14, 2013 2:58 PM
Feb 14, 2013 1:28 PM
Feb 2013
Sister said:
tankoubon-feind said:
it seems like as soon as a character in bleach gets any real development in bleach they get killed off and even if she actually turns out to be alive it'll just be another trolled/fake death that kubo pulled out of his ass. Also what did her bankai do? was the peeling away of the skin some sort of metaphor or what?

Everyone is mentioning the peeling away of skin, but i dont believe that's from her bankai.

I believe it's the way kenpachi is seeing everything. He says it feels like everything is peeling away, but i believe he means more in a metaphorical sense, of his inhibitions being peeled away.

The skin coming off of him is symbolic of him letting go of holding himself back. When he looks at Unohana and sees her without any skin, he sees how she hasnt been holding herself back either.
Feb 14, 2013 3:33 PM
Jul 2012
shredderIV said:
Sister said:
tankoubon-feind said:

Everyone is mentioning the peeling away of skin, but i dont believe that's from her bankai.

I believe it's the way kenpachi is seeing everything. He says it feels like everything is peeling away, but i believe he means more in a metaphorical sense, of his inhibitions being peeled away.

The skin coming off of him is symbolic of him letting go of holding himself back. When he looks at Unohana and sees her without any skin, he sees how she hasnt been holding herself back either.

Never once thought of it in a metaphorical sense. Nice pick up

Nidhoeggr: Are you serious mate? Your asking questions we CANT know the answer too. Your asking questions that WILL be asnwered. Your getting the shits because the story isnt progressing how you want, and your questions arent being answered in a prompt and orderly fashion as you want it to. What are you, 5?

Hey, guess why kubo draws it out into 'shitty fights'? COS ITS A FUCKING SHOUNEN MANGA AND THATS WHATS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN. Why is kenpachi only interested in fighting unohana? Are you actually reading the fucking chapters or do you just skim through and make your mind up based on that? Seriously i dont want to flame you, but your acting like such a petulant child i want to throw you over my knee and spank you till you voice is hoarse from crying.
Im not even going to answer your question as to why its unohana. Go back and read the last few chapters, the answer is in there.

and why do it now, and not before? Because like Toshirou explained in his fight against Harribel, you dont use your ultimate technique until its your last resort. Kenpachi is SS last resort. All these shonen manga are about fighting people who are JUST above (or around) your level. They usually have some sense of honour about it too (goku lets freeza go 100%, kenpachi wont kill someone who cant fight back and die in the heat of battle). And theres no risk sending zaraki to HM when AIZEN ISNT FUCKING THERE. Jesus christ, i know not everyone is an otaku who reads bleach wikia and has time to rewacth most of the show, but goddamnit enough already!

Wheres ishida? This is all about the quincy and hes never been mentioned, except when that guy ichigo was fighting stated itd be impossible for ishidas power to be less than his. (then he says 'oops ive said too much')

Hey i got a question for ya. What about grimmjoww? Howd he survive the fight with ichigo? Howd he come back? When did he come back, and what was he doing during that time, sharpening his claws? Why hasnt he killed urahara and the others? Why does he want to see ichigo? Why didnt he help the VR kill ichigo instead of helping urahara n co? Why why WHY?!

Stop dissing the writing of the mangaka. You dont know what hes planned or how its going to come about. Ive got a solution for all you naysayers - if youve invested that much time into bleach that your gonna continue along and read it, stop reading it weekly, wait for it to finish nd read it in one fell swoop. Unless yoiu want to bitch and complain about every aspect of it untl you are somehow proven right so you can lord it over all of us who didnt?
Feb 14, 2013 5:09 PM

Apr 2011
The bankai it's surely not explained at all but if it's really an illusion type bankai like most of you are saying (and that obviously makes sense) that didn't work with zaraki for obvious reasons since he is a berserker, maybe that was something to test zaraki if he is in fact a true kenpachi title holder?
Feb 15, 2013 10:07 AM

Jul 2011
wow, I changed my mind about Unohana completely.
she is just amazing.
講廢話,被撞到.
Feb 16, 2013 1:43 AM

Nov 2007
her bankai = genjutsu
kenpachi is stuck inside a genjutsu
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.