Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 12, 2013 6:48 AM

Aug 2009
I rewatched the episode. It's actually fine, if you look past the animation hiccups. I still have hope for some improvements in the BluRay release.

I forgot to mention something; Ali is now wearing Kassim's earrings.

Ali x Mor <3 She's so cute - looks like a hamster in this gif xD

The Eight generals assemble *Squuuueeeee*
Feb 12, 2013 6:50 AM

Jan 2008
Was a fun episode overall, enjoyed it more than the previous episodes.

Kougyoku at the end was lulz.
Feb 12, 2013 9:25 AM

Jun 2008
Really disappointed by the dance scene. WTF was that? two frames per second?
Feb 12, 2013 8:37 PM

Nov 2012
TheGreat1s said:
alexx_310 said:
So Al-Thaem is the Genei Ryodan of this series? oh

They remind of the Akatsuki.

The Akatsuki are a Genei Ryodan clone as well.
Feb 12, 2013 11:29 PM

Jul 2007
So ive see the first few episodes of Magi, i loved what i saw but haven't watched much further or read the manga. SO is the sindria arc like a very important arc? How far ahead is the manga to the anime.

Feb 13, 2013 12:24 AM
Oct 2012
link9us said:
So ive see the first few episodes of Magi, i loved what i saw but haven't watched much further or read the manga. SO is the sindria arc like a very important arc? How far ahead is the manga to the anime.

Sindria arc is mostly introducing characters, and some new things and info. With some comedy (which this episode gladly skipped out)
Right now we are around chapter 82, they have skipped out a most of a whole important chapter so that will probably added later.. Now that I realize it this episode was like 5 chapters
The manga has 173 chapters.. XD so it's quite a lot behind but the anime is cutting up things madly
Feb 13, 2013 2:41 AM

May 2010
wowthis episode had its hate...
Feb 13, 2013 2:45 AM

Apr 2010
Not hating, but that dance was REALLY terrible.
Feb 13, 2013 5:22 AM
Jul 2012
nice tits yamuraiha, and look at the bright side guys at least these eps have a lot of content and are making the manga more popular
Feb 13, 2013 5:41 AM

Jan 2008
I had assumed that people would have adapted by now, the poor animation. It's been like that for several episodes...
Feb 13, 2013 11:53 AM

Jul 2012
mikado34 said:

Ali x Mor <3 She's so cute - looks like a hamster in this gif xD

The Eight generals assemble *Squuuueeeee*

That .gif saved me. Shows that this is probably Mor's first experience blushing and having that sort of relationship feeling.

Also the "Eight Generals". (I have a bad mental image of them in magical girl uniforms. Mainly the males.) The water dragon performance was amazing. I can't stop thinking of sushi.

Though I an see some flaws in this episode. I love Mor's dance scene (another sign of showing love affection), but I notice that the animation is a bit "jittery". The Blu-Ray quality better be worth it once it's out.

Otherwise.. Yea. Still haven't read the manga, but I do remember seeing that one scene all of you manga readers mentioend about chubbie Aladian and Alibaba. I kind of missed these cute chibified reactions. (Aside from the Yamu-glomp moment.)

P.S. Kougyoku... Calm down... ;_;
timerrabbitFeb 13, 2013 12:00 PM

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Feb 13, 2013 12:24 PM

Aug 2009
timerrabbit said:
That .gif saved me. Shows that this is probably Mor's first experience blushing and having that sort of relationship feeling.

Yes, Mor has no experience with how to handle the feelings of love and friendship since she has been treated so badly all her life. She deeply treasures her new found relationship with Alibaba and Aladdin and the three of them will be each others strength. (Just have to add that Ali is oblivious that she blushed because of him, but he did find her beautiful, seeing her as a feminine girl for the first time)

timerrabbit said:

Also the "Eight Generals". (I have a bad mental image of them in magical girl uniforms. Mainly the males.) The water dragon performance was amazing. I can't stop thinking of sushi.

lol, oh you. They are pretty boys after all ^^
Feb 13, 2013 7:35 PM
Jul 2011
yeah ... every scenes looks good but cant fit with each other ... :(

maybe they got bit bussy nowadays ... hope they'll back tho ...

anyway, got this from youtube :D

Feb 13, 2013 8:13 PM

Mar 2009
The animation was terrible. Absolutely terrible. I couldn't stop laughing at Morgiana's seizure on the stage.
Feb 13, 2013 8:15 PM

Jul 2007
Coralira said:
link9us said:

Sindria arc is mostly introducing characters, and some new things and info. With some comedy (which this episode gladly skipped out)
Right now we are around chapter 82, they have skipped out a most of a whole important chapter so that will probably added later.. Now that I realize it this episode was like 5 chapters
The manga has 173 chapters.. XD so it's quite a lot behind but the anime is cutting up things madly

Ahh man that doesn't sound good, so they are condensing the anime series so it can reach that 26 episode mark? Then probably go on hiatus until a new season comes out. How ever it does say episodes unknown, so i don't know. What is their reason for condensing the adaption so much in comparison to the manga.

I think i might just read the manga then watch the anime series later.

In the manga does it show any sign what so ever of coming to an end or close to it, or is it seem like one of those very long ongoing shonens like bleach, naruto and one piece.
ArtimesGamerFeb 13, 2013 8:18 PM

Feb 14, 2013 4:23 AM
Oct 2011
link9us said:
Coralira said:
link9us said:

Ahh man that doesn't sound good, so they are condensing the anime series so it can reach that 26 episode mark? Then probably go on hiatus until a new season comes out. How ever it does say episodes unknown, so i don't know. What is their reason for condensing the adaption so much in comparison to the manga.

In the manga does it show any sign what so ever of coming to an end or close to it, or is it seem like one of those very long ongoing shonens like bleach, naruto and one piece.
I suggest you read the manga and don't go back to the anime, it's not worth your time.

The manga still doesn't show any signs of an ending. The world is still expanding and it can still go to a lot of places, like the countries of the generals for example (only one of those countries has been talked about thoroughly so far), but almost all of the big empires has been shed light on, like the Kou and the Rem. I think there's still Paltevia as one of those big empires that hasn't been talked about much.
Candor123Feb 14, 2013 4:27 AM
Feb 14, 2013 7:05 AM

Jan 2011
KamiKali said:
Ajunky said:
KamiKali said:
That's what you get a shitty animation on random streaming sites
Ill rather wait another day rather than sacrificing the animation just to watch it on the same day as everyone else

It was a great intro for the next arc........ I almost had tears their
>_>

I don't think the animation will improve if you wait for it.

Are you telling me that I was blessed of a decent animated of magi?
Ill tell you what.. my Monitor is a damm old LCD and for the first time in half of a year this was the first time i had a decent animated episode watch on a streaming site

Now i really want to buy magi on blue ray after watching this episode

Man.. KamiKali, you got it wrong. People here who complained about animation has nothing to do with the lack of animation's quality that is affected by 3rd parties (outside factors). What I meant by this is, internet's speed, PC's speed and/or other factors could affect the animation/video that you see. Or maybe the person who uploaded the video decreased the quality to put it on streaming sites.
But we are not talking about this kind of outside factors that caused the original quality to drop. We are talking about how A-1 Pictures (a Japanese animation studio) animate this series. For example, Morgiana's dancing looks a bit jerky. Like from 21:28 to 21:31 felt too fast. The reason why so is because the lack of frames to make the animation smoother, and they make the animation of that part faster so it could seem 'acceptable'
Hope you get what I mean...
hokaruFeb 14, 2013 7:10 AM
Feb 14, 2013 10:36 AM

Jan 2011
That animation was... horrible. Seriously, some scenes just were a still image even though the characters were speaking and that dance was just... horrible.
Not too much happened in this episode, it was a nice introduction episode though.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 14, 2013 11:14 AM

Jul 2007
Candor said:
link9us said:
Coralira said:
link9us said:

I suggest you read the manga and don't go back to the anime, it's not worth your time.

The manga still doesn't show any signs of an ending. The world is still expanding and it can still go to a lot of places, like the countries of the generals for example (only one of those countries has been talked about thoroughly so far), but almost all of the big empires has been shed light on, like the Kou and the Rem. I think there's still Paltevia as one of those big empires that hasn't been talked about much.

I hear they expand more on the political aspects of each country as well and the developing of each nation in various ways. Something you don't see in the big 3 really. So this intrigues me. Yeah i think ill just read manga maybe and then watch a few episodes of the anime to see the difference.

Feb 14, 2013 11:30 AM
Oct 2011
link9us said:
Candor said:
link9us said:
Coralira said:
link9us said:

I hear they expand more on the political aspects of each country as well and the developing of each nation in various ways. Something you don't see in the big 3 really. So this intrigues me. Yeah i think ill just read manga maybe and then watch a few episodes of the anime to see the difference.
Yeah you see that starting from the Kouga arc, the 2nd arc, and Balbadd arc, the 4th arc. If you watched 3 episodes then try reading the first 15 chapters of the manga and see the difference, that pretty much sums how the anime is going; rushing, skipping, deleting stuff, and adding as A-1 see fit (which created plot-holes at some points), add to that horrible animation..
Candor123Feb 14, 2013 11:35 AM
Feb 14, 2013 11:51 AM

Jul 2007
Candor said:
link9us said:
Candor said:
link9us said:
Coralira said:
link9us said:

Yeah you see that starting from the Kouga arc, the 2nd arc, and Balbadd arc, the 4th arc. If you watched 3 episodes then try reading the first 15 chapters of the manga and see the difference, that pretty much sums how the anime is going; rushing, skipping, deleting stuff, and adding as A-1 see fit (which created plot-holes at some points), add to that horrible animation..

Personally i thought the animation was pretty decent, i mean much greater then then what naruto shippuuden is delivering right now. What really drew me into this show is that i hear one of the female leads morgianna is not your typical shonen tsundere type which really interests me, its nice to have a female lead character, that kicks some major ass, but still has those defining human characteristic flaws and emotional feelings. I am downloading now, ill have to really take some time to read this, its sounds like it could be on the same level of one piece if it continues to grow and become more popular.

Feb 15, 2013 7:20 AM

Jan 2012
Geez, put some damn spoiler tags on, I haven't read the manga. .-.
Feb 15, 2013 8:50 AM

Apr 2011
DAT MORG Dance was amazing.

This was an awesome episode. I love the new characters especially how that one guy sliced up that big monster and everyone ate it for the feast, that moment was so amazing.
Feb 16, 2013 1:10 AM

Aug 2011
I wish A-1 could animate worth a shit.
Feb 18, 2013 11:38 PM

Dec 2009
Well i can say for sure that i loved the music in this episode, can't wait for OST
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 19, 2013 12:49 PM

Apr 2009
No, I've been looking forward to seeing obese Alibaba and Aladdin!

As many others have mentioned, I was hoping for a much more smooth Morgiana dance than what was shown. Considering how they put it in the opening, I thought they'd save up their budget for a smooth dance or something. Bad choice for them to skimp there. Ah well.

Feb 19, 2013 1:13 PM

May 2011
Eww. That dance animation was poorly animated. What a terrible framerate for such an amazing character. Needs more Morgiana.
Feb 19, 2013 4:34 PM

Jul 2009
The animation was so shit this episode. Like beyond shit , uber shit! Ugh. Also the anime needs more arabian music....
Feb 19, 2013 4:41 PM

Feb 2010
LEGOF said:
Eww. That dance animation was poorly animated. What a terrible framerate for such an amazing character. Needs more Morgiana.

Yup.

+Sinbad's kingdom is awesome!
Feb 23, 2013 2:57 AM

Sep 2012
That dance animation was terrible!
Alibaba x Morgiana
Feb 25, 2013 11:21 AM

May 2012
waa new characters *-*
dat mage teacher omg xD

Bias said:
That dance animation was terrible!
Feb 27, 2013 6:23 AM

Jun 2011
1. No fat Alibaba and Aladdin D:
2. wtf, Sharrkan voice ;o

But Mor was sooo cute~ *O* Can't wait to see you-know-which-scene with Hakuryuu~
Mar 3, 2013 1:14 PM

Aug 2009
Old news but I just had to ad this here
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47661204&postcount=17138

There's is hope for the BluRay after all :)
Mar 3, 2013 5:46 PM
Jun 2011
It could be worse. I read the manga, but the anime is magi is no that terrible.

I liked the animation for the first 14 episodes, it was decent for a shonen. It was decently fluid.

Look at least it was not butchered by studio Pierrot or Toei.

Ufotable or Madhouse / or even Bones should be optimal for Magi.

The problem of A1, is that they have tons of budget but, they do a lot of series, really? Vividred, Shinsekai Yori, Magi, Fairy Tail Etc Etc.

I believe the blu rays will fix this. heck even fate zero had tons meh parts in the tv release.

Production ig had a lot of problems with Psycho Pass ep 18 too.

MAYBE PEOPLE ARE A bit too impatient, wait for blu ray releases.
Mar 3, 2013 5:53 PM
Oct 2011
fedecala said:
It could be worse. I read the manga, but the anime is magi is no that terrible.

I liked the animation for the first 14 episodes, it was decent for a shonen. It was decently fluid.

Look at least it was not butchered by studio Pierrot or Toei.

Ufotable or Madhouse / or even Bones should be optimal for Magi.

The problem of A1, is that they have tons of budget but, they do a lot of series, really? Vividred, Shinsekai Yori, Magi, Fairy Tail Etc Etc.

I believe the blu rays will fix this. heck even fate zero had tons meh parts in the tv release.

Production ig had a lot of problems with Psycho Pass ep 18 too.

MAYBE PEOPLE ARE A bit too impatient, wait for blu ray releases.
Are you sure you read the manga? If you did then read it again and you'll notice how many things were butchered in this adaptation. I'm wondering what Toei and Pierrot butchered though, since as far as I'm concerned they were pretty faithful to the manga while doing the big 3.
Mar 5, 2013 3:53 PM

Dec 2009
Idk if I was the only one, but I felt like the animation in this episode was terrible. Sometimes I thought my computer was freezing because the characters wouldn't move at all. Awful.

edit: lol seems like i wasn't the only one
LiinahMar 5, 2013 3:57 PM
Mar 7, 2013 5:43 PM
Jun 2008
Awesome episode. Morg <3

Anyone got a .gif of her dancing?
Mar 16, 2013 10:14 PM

May 2011
Wow, Sindria sure is a great country. Liked the lightheartedness in this episode.

Morgiana was so cuteee! Especially when she pouted her face <3. And lmfao at Kougyoku at the end haha.
Mar 17, 2013 11:04 AM

Jun 2009
A-1 Pictures...

1. Stick to slice of life, where heavy animation is not usually required...
2. Reduce the amount of project you're working on... It's affecting your quality...
or
3. POUR YOUR BUDGET INTO SHINSEKAI YORI OR MAGI INSTEAD!

seriously... wtf A-1! Magi's animation have been horrible!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2013 2:05 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
What a great feel good chapter after the angst of the last couple of eps.

Morgiana is perfection. Shame they did such a bad job animating this episode.

I want to move to Sindria.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 5, 2013 10:37 PM

Oct 2011
Aawww.. Morgiana is too cute D:
the 8 generals look really cool and badass.. I want to see more of them :o
Apr 6, 2013 4:18 AM

Oct 2012
Nice to see Morgiana's dance...
She's so cute XD

Stark700 said:

And some new chara and among them
LOLI

Why Kou-chan so angry with Sinbad?
"Signature removed"
Apr 30, 2013 8:57 PM
Apr 2013
I thought the animation was a little strange and slightly choppy in this ep... but Mor's outfit was so cute *v*
May 10, 2013 9:41 PM

Sep 2011
Oh Jesus just kill me now.

May 20, 2013 6:11 AM

May 2012
Quite a nice start of this new chapter, the characters look really interesting especially that small blond girl, I wonder what role she has! Morgiana in the end was really beautiful especially when with her dancing! Lets see what the training will be like and what the story has to offer next!
May 28, 2013 5:07 AM

Sep 2011
Goddammit I thought I'm the only one who thought the animation is kinda terrible.

Anyway, Sinbad is badass since he doesn't need a wife. And Alibaba deserves a romance interest, though I don't know if it's Morgiana or other girls that haven't introduce yet.

Jun 29, 2013 6:20 PM

Jan 2013
Wut? This episode...idk...

At least is was good seeing Yamuraiha.
CabronJun 29, 2013 9:01 PM
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jul 2, 2013 1:09 PM

Oct 2012
Finally, some decent episode. New arc seems promising, but I won't let my hopes high. And I like Yamuraiha also, she looks like an interesting character (Aladdin is really boobie man :D).

Shame that dance animation was so low-budgety, it could have been epic if done properly.

And this ^^
Sep 19, 2013 2:57 PM

Jul 2012
Morgiana is so cute. <3

Nice ending to this arc. :P
Nov 11, 2013 11:40 PM

Jun 2011
A Sinbad arc? YES!

Lol at Kougyoku at the end, what Sinbad has done to her? And.. the infamous Hakuryuu!! :)

itsvero said:
LOL dat dance animation. It was like 2 frames per second. Cute ep though.

+1 the animation for that was bad.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

262 by animejas »»
Feb 19, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Magi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Num1dad_Asura - Oct 7, 2012

337 by Kent1234 »»
Dec 29, 2023 12:59 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2013

198 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2013

121 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:21 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2013

175 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 30, 2023 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.