Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2008 10:06 AM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was actually really fun, this can't end well though, she is only going to be a live 398 days I smell a sad episode 11. As for the actual episode, it was fun, like the scene on the bus.
My anime list
Jun 14, 2010 1:34 PM

Feb 2009
Well I wasn't expecting for such an echi scene... so soon at least, well I guess this is Gainax we're talking about.

I loved the animation and the episode was indeed rather funny. I wonder if those aliens will invade again.
Jul 29, 2010 2:41 PM
Jul 2018
Omg NIPPLES !! Used to nowadays' censorship, this is quite a difference.

Animation has quite the 'old' feeling, there's a share of very detailled animated scenes followed by short slideshows. But the drawing is nice, Mahoro's hair remind me of Tenma (from School Rumble), it moves, too xD

And I have seen an anime with a counter at the end of the episodes before, can't remember it though :/
Dec 6, 2011 10:34 PM
Jul 2018
The whole one year left thing probably doesn't promise a very happy last episode, but there's another series after this (or season; something) so I'll get down about it after that.

This looks to be a lot of fun to watch. Can't wait!
Dec 25, 2013 5:10 PM

Nov 2011
Kinda generic so far but at least the MC got some balls.
Feb 16, 2014 2:50 AM

Sep 2012
Very interesting.
Jul 11, 2014 3:36 AM

Oct 2013
haha kind of cute
sucks that shes going to stop working in 390 days
love maid theme anime and android ones sooo win win for me !!
[/quote]
Sep 9, 2015 8:45 AM
Jun 2013
not bad first episode. Some funny moments and wasint expecting nips in this.
Jan 4, 2018 8:14 PM

Feb 2014
This already looks like something I will enjoy. Although, unless they somehow find a way to extend her lifespan, it doesn't look like this is going to have a happy ending.

And didn't know there were cel-animated TV anime that were shot in widescreen. This was probably one of the last of them, before most studios went digital with the coloring and backgrounds.
Oct 12, 2019 8:13 AM

Aug 2013
I'm heavily impressed by art and animation quality. And character design is so damn sweet.
I'm already in love with this series.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 27, 2019 5:06 PM

Oct 2017
I'm annoyed Brock-syndrome is affecting this anime, especially from a Gainax anime.

EVA is the king of show don't tell with its themes and (at least this episode) became a bit hamfisted dialogue wise.
This is not to say the themes this episode are really anything thought-provoking but it helps the viewing experience.

For the visuals, I was very impressed and hope it doesn't dip too much
Also the maid is voiced by the voice of Saber in Fate/Stay Night

AiaigasaDec 27, 2019 5:12 PM
Sep 2, 2021 2:25 AM

Aug 2020
Nice start. I was expecting little light to no fan service, so this was quite a throw-off.

The dub sounds good. I really like Bridget Hoffman's voice.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Jan 18, 2022 9:20 AM

Nov 2010
Hmm... so they don't live on the same Earth that got attacked by aliens?

A cute maid to serve all your wishes. Yeah, it's every boys dream, including me of course! hehe

I don't like cleaning as well, but damn, how can he live in such a house? In my case, I always make sure to clean up any clutter I see. However, my house is quite dusty since I'm super lazy.

390 days to go and he ain't aware of that fact. Is this anime gonna get a bittersweet ending?
Jun 7, 2022 7:11 PM
May 2015
mitamaking said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was actually really fun, this can't end well though, she is only going to be a live 398 days I smell a sad episode 11. As for the actual episode, it was fun, like the scene on the bus.

Same feeling here, at least regarding the fun and the timer at the end.
Jun 7, 2022 7:11 PM
May 2015
Veethorn said:
Well I wasn't expecting for such an echi scene... so soon at least, well I guess this is Gainax we're talking about.

I loved the animation and the episode was indeed rather funny. I wonder if those aliens will invade again.

Even too much ecchi for me in this anime 😅
Jun 7, 2022 7:13 PM
May 2015
removed-user said:
Omg NIPPLES !! Used to nowadays' censorship, this is quite a difference.

Animation has quite the 'old' feeling, there's a share of very detailled animated scenes followed by short slideshows. But the drawing is nice, Mahoro's hair remind me of Tenma (from School Rumble), it moves, too xD

And I have seen an anime with a counter at the end of the episodes before, can't remember it though :/

100% agree. I missed that animation style 😄 so I'm revisiting this anime I never stopped watching a long time ago~
Jul 25, 2022 4:12 PM

Jan 2020
enjoying it so far. love this time period in anime
Dec 17, 2022 8:51 AM

Aug 2018
so far this is much better than similar-themed shows from this time period most of which are basically unwatchable.
Nov 20, 2023 9:33 PM

Dec 2022
It certainly looks its age, or maybe even older, though it's not bad so far. Mahoro has a sort of worldliness about her to make her suitable for being a competent maid, but still has the customary naivety you'd expect of an android adjusting to a new life in human society.

She's also really sexy. You have to admire how perfectly shaped her body is when she stepped into the bathroom. Just marvelous curvature.

It's about as subtle as a nuke when it comes to tragedy though. The ominous "days left" count at the end of the episode tells you exactly what to expect. But at least Mahoro will live a lot longer than she would've as a soldier.

Shaded Horizon

Mar 19, 8:54 PM
Mar 2024
so far, i seem to like the concept of the whole "android who was once a combatant that has retired, only for them to be a maid for their alternative job." (i think). though, this show's gonna be real interesting for me for sure to cover up.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoromatic Episode 12 Discussion

mitamaking - Feb 10, 2009

17 by LightOfHope »»
Jan 6, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Mahoromatic Episode 10 Discussion

mitamaking - Feb 5, 2009

11 by splatongus »»
Jan 5, 3:24 AM

Poll: » Mahoromatic Episode 11 Discussion

mitamaking - Feb 9, 2009

12 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 21, 2023 4:51 AM

Poll: » Mahoromatic Episode 9 Discussion

DarkBlue - Apr 20, 2008

12 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 21, 2023 3:31 AM

Poll: » Mahoromatic Episode 8 Discussion

mitamaking - Jan 27, 2009

10 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 21, 2023 2:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.