Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2013 6:35 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, Rikka gets more screen time. About time! Kinda cute watching her and Kiyotaka together :3

Dat dress up:

The date at night looked kinda fun tbh with the music and cosplay. Shame no kiss but hey at least, the new ED song was unique. Oh and about damn time Sakura meets the others.

Feb 11, 2013 9:04 AM
May 2012
I found it to be more interesting than the previous episodes, or maybe its just because Rikka is such a tease.

LOL @ the girls assuming he's a lolicon when he says he's seeing a young girl from time to time.

Rikka's mention of having been a lover with Kiyotaka in a past life is also intriguing. Is she just making stuff up, or is she referencing Da Capo...
Feb 11, 2013 10:05 AM

Dec 2011
So far....
Nothing that stands out from the classical harem mechanics.....
or, as BambooDong Says:
The great mystery about Da Capo III is how all the girls' body parts seemingly move at random. In scenes where they're all sitting around talking, someone's chest ribbon will flounce unprovoked, or a ponytail, or a hair ribbon. It's mysterious, and it's distracting. Is it not enough that all the girls are generically cute? Must they also have roving body parts?
Feb 11, 2013 1:13 PM

Oct 2007
dat Rikka fanservice @_@
Feb 11, 2013 1:32 PM

Dec 2011
This show is really boring. It's a shame because I really liked the other Da Capo series, and was super excited for this one but it's been a let down. I'm still going to finish it though, I have hope that something remotely interesting will transpire here.
Feb 11, 2013 3:15 PM

Oct 2012
this is like D.C. II where nothing really happens. But whatever, b00bs are g00d
and rikka is so cute
Feb 11, 2013 4:43 PM

May 2012
I liked this episode :D I think I'll go for Rikka now. XD
Feb 11, 2013 7:50 PM
Jul 2018
Yup, A Rikka Episode.... NICE!!!! Plus Its like She confessed to Kiyotaka in this episode. I want to see more of Charles and Sara Tho...

Feb 11, 2013 8:20 PM
Sep 2012
Rikka looked so sexy in those outfits - especially the Chinese one showing her hip. Liked how she's honest about her feelings instead of trying to hide them or deny them like the others. Funny how the harem became jealous after they saw Sakura.
lastvelociraptor said:
this is like D.C. II where nothing really happens. But whatever, b00bs are g00d
and rikka is so cute
Season one is like that since it was really a light-hearted introduction to the characters. Season 2 was more exciting since a lot actually happened. So much drama in that season. It's the reason why it's my favorite season out of them all.
IconicFeb 11, 2013 8:23 PM
Feb 11, 2013 10:29 PM
Jan 2010
ok seriously.... hope they don't make us wait years for season 2... I can already feel how this might end...
Feb 12, 2013 12:42 PM

Jul 2008
I had a feeling about it before but now i'm pretty much sure about it.

Sakura's lost memories are within Rikka. Actually Rikka's existence might be nothing more than Sakura's wish to have been able to be together with Junichi.
Yoshino is very likely Junichi's descendant and thus the closest thing the tree could do about Sakura's wish was to put her together with his descendant.

Rikka's memory about her last life are memories of her as Sakura living together with Junichi. Obviously she would believe in magic since Sakura herself was a mage, and a very powerful one at that (So technically her bragging wasn't bullshit to begin with).

Rikka also look very similar to what an 'adult Sakura' would look like. This is further emphasized by her black and white ribbon which look very similar to Sakura's clothes in Da capo II.

When Sakura tried to merge with the tree and failed she had no choice but to disappear together with it but it wouldn't be weird for her to have any lingering regret before disappearing and the tree granted her wish.
She loved Junichi but Junichi loved Nemu and she probably thought something along the line of "I wish I had been able to be together with Junichi".

The current Sakura is only a shell, Sakura's old body.

Here's how I think it will eventually go (this season or in the next if there's one planned).
-The tree will go out of control
-Sakura's memory will make Rikka believe that she's the only one that can stop it and she'll go to sacrifice herself for everyone's sake.
-When Rikka will confront the tree Sakura's memories will return to Sakura's body.
-Sakura will seal herself together with the tree, this time for good.
Feb 12, 2013 4:48 PM

Nov 2010
This has to be my least favorite ep so far, as Rikka is my least favorite girl. Next ep looks awesome though.
Feb 12, 2013 5:26 PM

Jun 2009
Scheherazade1007 said:

Sakura's lost memories are within Rikka. Actually Rikka's existence might be nothing more than Sakura's wish to have been able to be together with Junichi.
Yoshino is very likely Junichi's descendant and thus the closest thing the tree could do about Sakura's wish was to put her together with his descendant.

Rikka's memory about her last life are memories of her as Sakura living together with Junichi. Obviously she would believe in magic since Sakura herself was a mage, and a very powerful one at that (So technically her bragging wasn't bullshit to begin with).

Rikka also look very similar to what an 'adult Sakura' would look like. This is further emphasized by her black and white ribbon which look very similar to Sakura's clothes in Da capo II.

When Sakura tried to merge with the tree and failed she had no choice but to disappear together with it but it wouldn't be weird for her to have any lingering regret before disappearing and the tree granted her wish.
She loved Junichi but Junichi loved Nemu and she probably thought something along the line of "I wish I had been able to be together with Junichi".

Here's how I think it will eventually go (this season or in the next if there's one planned).
-Sakura's memory will make Rikka believe that she's the only one that can stop it and she'll go to sacrifice herself for everyone's sake.
-When Rikka will confront the tree Sakura's memories will return to Sakura's body.

It makes perfect sense, the only thing I don't get is essentially why Sakura is roaming around, if Rikka is basically her reincarnation she shouldn't need to be there as well, unless the tree wanted her to witness it as a third party. But we also have a Nemu mk. II mk. III in Himeno as well so who knows how it'll turn out.
Feb 12, 2013 6:12 PM

Jul 2008
RedDragonTsu said:
Scheherazade1007 said:

It makes perfect sense, the only thing I don't get is essentially why Sakura is roaming around, if Rikka is basically her reincarnation she shouldn't need to be there as well, unless the tree wanted her to witness it as a third party. But we also have a Nemu mk. II mk. III in Himeno as well so who knows how it'll turn out.

Well here's my guess:
The tree granted Sakura's wish before she disappeared with it. At this point in time it already "took" Sakura's memories and "sent" them to Rikka who have yet to be born.

Her memories were taken away form her the moment she wished to be together with Junichi and her body disappeared alongside the tree. Now that the tree reappeared it is only normal for her body to do so as well. This Sakura is an 'empty Sakura', she has nothing to do with her wish, she's just there because she's the remains of the wish.
Feb 13, 2013 6:55 AM

May 2010
Arghhh, this series is so annoying, no plot, no interesting characters, nothing but fanservice :( Probably the worst DC series, not counting the 1st one, but even there was some kind of plot and few likeable characters - comparing to those blank harem gals acting like whores, it's still something.
If not my Sakura-chan I wouldn't probably even watch it...
When I'm done with Rewrite, I'm going to play visual novel version, maybe it's at least A BIT more interesting, meh.
Feb 13, 2013 8:20 AM

Jul 2008
Kitsu-nee said:
Arghhh, this series is so annoying, no plot, no interesting characters, nothing but fanservice :( Probably the worst DC series, not counting the 1st one, but even there was some kind of plot and few likeable characters - comparing to those blank harem gals acting like whores, it's still something.
If not my Sakura-chan I wouldn't probably even watch it...
When I'm done with Rewrite, I'm going to play visual novel version, maybe it's at least A BIT more interesting, meh.

I actually believe that so far it's the best Da capo serie.
The early elements feel like they will actually amount to something compared to the first two series.
There's plot element, much more than in Da Capo I and Da Capo II first halves, you simply chose to ignore them.
While the girls this season aren't interesting and not really likable, they aren't any worst than Da Capo I's and Da Capo II's horrible cast.

Da Capo III is definitively an average show at best but it isn't any worst than Da Capo II and Da Capo I
Feb 13, 2013 8:51 AM

May 2010
Scheherazade1007 said:
The early elements feel like they will actually amount to something compared to the first two series.
There's plot element, much more than in Da Capo I and Da Capo II first halves, you simply chose to ignore them.
While the girls this season aren't interesting and not really likable, they aren't any worst than Da Capo I's and Da Capo II's horrible cast.

Da Capo III is definitively an average show at best but it isn't any worst than Da Capo II and Da Capo I

I'm able to understand what you mean by that, it's more a matter of taste, I guess. First season of Da Capo was HORRIBLE indeed, especially because of Nemu (one of not many anime girls I really hated) and weird direction (I still remember episodes, where first half contained normal plot, but second half was... other story, without any connection to anything, simple mindfuck). The only good thing about it were Sakura and Kotori, they became one of my favourites in time Aisia in second season wasn't that too, but since Nemu appeared, nothing good happened again.
Da Capo II had quite cute Otome and Sakura was there again, so I fell for this show again - especially for second season, which is so far the best in the D.C. history - last episodes even were kinda tear jerkers.
But now? All I can see is fanservice - I don't hate it in other shows, but I didn't expect new D.C. season to be ecchi. Well, even as the ecchi it's realy cliche and reaaaally dull. And, comparing to other season, I dislike every single heroine, all of them are acting bitchy and selfish imo. Not counting Sakura of course, but she's not in the harem, unfortunately ;)
Feb 13, 2013 9:08 AM

Jul 2008
Kitsu-nee said:
Scheherazade1007 said:

I'm able to understand what you mean by that, it's more a matter of taste, I guess. First season of Da Capo was HORRIBLE indeed, especially because of Nemu (one of not many anime girls I really hated) and weird direction (I still remember episodes, where first half contained normal plot, but second half was... other story, without any connection to anything, simple mindfuck). The only good thing about it were Sakura and Kotori, they became one of my favourites in time Aisia in second season wasn't that too, but since Nemu appeared, nothing good happened again.
Da Capo II had quite cute Otome and Sakura was there again, so I fell for this show again - especially for second season, which is so far the best in the D.C. history - last episodes even were kinda tear jerkers.
But now? All I can see is fanservice - I don't hate it in other shows, but I didn't expect new D.C. season to be ecchi. Well, even as the ecchi it's realy cliche and reaaaally dull. And, comparing to other season, I dislike every single heroine, all of them are acting bitchy and selfish imo. Not counting Sakura of course, but she's not in the harem, unfortunately ;)

Imo the only character worth watching the show for is Rikka and that's because of her very likely relation to Sakura which I explained earlier in the thread.
The serie will probably feel rushed, there's not enough episode to cover the backstory of every character so obviously those that do not get much attention will feel bland.
Feb 13, 2013 10:04 AM

May 2010
Scheherazade1007 said:
Imo the only character worth watching the show for is Rikka and that's because of her very likely relation to Sakura which I explained earlier in the thread.
The serie will probably feel rushed, there's not enough episode to cover the backstory of every character so obviously those that do not get much attention will feel bland.

Here I have to agree with you, I've read your explanations and it looks pretty valid - but then again, the thing I've been wondering since begining - when does D.C. III take place? After D.C. but before II? Or what, is it what happened to her, after she vanished in the second season of D.C. II?
Feb 13, 2013 10:41 AM

Jul 2008
Kitsu-nee said:
Scheherazade1007 said:

Here I have to agree with you, I've read your explanations and it looks pretty valid - but then again, the thing I've been wondering since begining - when does D.C. III take place? After D.C. but before II? Or what, is it what happened to her, after she vanished in the second season of D.C. II?

It takes place after D.C. II, about 20 years later.
Yes this is happening after Sakura "disappeared" together with the tree's power.
It wasn't in the anime but the D.C. II game feature one last scene where we see that Sakura's spirit (without her memories) is still roaming the land which in return hint at the tree being in a 'sealed' state instead of being 'dead'.

In this sequel they awakened the tree once again (and it wouldn't be weird it if was either because of Yoshino or Rikka). This in return awakened Sakura's body that was sealed alongside it but that body is empty of her old memories which somehow were sent to Rikka, probably because Sakura wished for it.
Feb 13, 2013 11:18 AM

May 2010
Scheherazade1007 said:
It takes place after D.C. II, about 20 years later.
Yes this is happening after Sakura "disappeared" together with the tree's power.
It wasn't in the anime but the D.C. II game feature one last scene where we see that Sakura's spirit (without her memories) is still roaming the land which in return hint at the tree being in a 'sealed' state instead of being 'dead'.

In this sequel they awakened the tree once again (and it wouldn't be weird it if was either because of Yoshino or Rikka). This in return awakened Sakura's body that was sealed alongside it but that body is empty of her old memories which somehow were sent to Rikka, probably because Sakura wished for it.

Wow, thank you for that explanation, it makes more sense to me now.
I can only hope, that anime will focus more on this side of story, instead of harem fanservice ;)
Feb 14, 2013 7:46 AM

Feb 2010
Scheherazade1007 said:
Kitsu-nee said:

I agree.
Feb 14, 2013 8:05 AM

Jul 2008
rktales said:
Scheherazade1007 said:
Kitsu-nee said:

I agree.

Learn to quote :)
Feb 14, 2013 10:06 PM

Jan 2012
I kinda want a da capo with a bad end. now that's innovation!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Feb 15, 2013 4:57 AM

Sep 2012
This episode is a Rikka episode, but it is not just any harem heroine route episode. It is clear that here Rikka is the main heroine. There is not just an extended dating scene for her, but there is an insert song, and to top it off there is a new ED tailor-made for her. None of the other heroines has it. And I think it succeeds in showing the charm and attractiveness of Rikka in full. It also shows that Yoshino holds at least some romantic feeling to Rikka (the same is not so clear for other girls).

Have not seen previous D.C. or played the game(s) so my view is only based on what I've seen in this anime.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 18, 2013 7:49 PM

Nov 2008
Nitro_Eurobeatz said:
This has to be my least favorite ep so far, as Rikka is my least favorite girl. Next ep looks awesome though.

Next episode does look interesting. I gotta agree that so far Da Capo III has been rather disappointing, but I'm hoping something does happen later on.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Dec 27, 2015 12:15 AM

Aug 2009
ricca is a good girl, she doesn't bitch and whine when accidentally being groped by mc

so i guess sakura is visible to everyone, not just mc, that's a relief
Feb 17, 2017 8:20 PM

Jul 2014
Ricca time, the club was originally for alone time with MC lol. Suginami thinks he won anyways by trying to recruit MC. Sakura showing up makes Kiyotaka a lolicon lol.
Aug 31, 2017 6:43 AM

Apr 2017
Finally rikka episode. She's damn pretty... And seems as a very ideal heroine.
My only reason for watching. The show's pretty average after all.
Like how she dressed in photo booth. Her curves and sizes are perfect.
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Apr 8, 2021 1:14 PM

Apr 2013
So the long awaited Rikka episode. She hits a weird spot between cute and insane with her talks about their previous lives. Next one is Aoi and with that we'll have finished the introductions for all girls.
Jul 14, 2022 1:49 PM

Nov 2010
Hmm, since Rikka already declared her love, and apparently they are both lovers in their past lives, does that make her the winner by default? I'm fine with that. I think she's the top waifu of this season, with Charles and Sara just slightly below her.

Oh man, a look at every last inch of her body huh. Kiyotaka should've declared his love for Rikka right then and there.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Da Capo III Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2013

28 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 9, 2023 1:45 PM

Poll: » Da Capo III Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

64 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 14, 2022 10:22 PM

Poll: » Da Capo III Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2013

26 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 14, 2022 9:17 PM

Poll: » Da Capo III Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2013

36 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 14, 2022 8:43 PM

Poll: » Da Capo III Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

36 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 14, 2022 7:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.