Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 8, 2008 1:30 PM

Oct 2007
Nice, relaxing episode. The twins finally got some screentime. I tought they looked alot more mature then before. Must be the clothes ^_^ Also the interaction between Nagisa and Tomoya is getting interesting.

Only thing I wonder sometimes...when will they kiss? They look exactly like a couple, but they didn't even kiss when Tomoya went and brought Nagisa back home after moving to the new appartment. Feels a bit lacking to me...

And OK, I know your first real job can be hard (I've been working full-time since I'm 19 to, and I have done some physical heavy jobs) but nearly falling asleep at the table during dinner when you just got home? If it was me, I would have ate like a madman to get me some energy... I guess the right shoulder takes more of his energy then I originally tought. >_<

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Dec 8, 2008 3:06 PM

Sep 2007
This episode ( and the last few) really made me reflect on my own life.. I'm almost in the exact same state as Tomoya at the moment.. I know how he feels and it makes me really emotional while watching this...

Clannad <3

Dec 8, 2008 5:17 PM

Jul 2008
the twins came back, tomoya was blushing enough times in this episode, I thought i was gonna see fuko for some reason T.T
Starfish4ever!
Dec 9, 2008 6:08 AM

Mar 2008
gdrocks said:
I have a question have Nagisa and Tomoya ever kissed at all?????

according to slice of life shows, kissing is a thoroughly embarrassing pastime for teenagers and happens very rarely.

they should just fuck already imo.
Dec 9, 2008 7:10 AM

Nov 2007
i hope tomoya survives the life in the society.
Dec 9, 2008 9:13 AM

Oct 2007
Go apologize!
I'm going back to work!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2008 2:10 PM

Jul 2008
Its getting sad :(
Dec 9, 2008 3:25 PM

Sep 2008
They referenced Fuko!! I can feel the Starfish Princess coming any episode now! ^_^
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Dec 9, 2008 5:17 PM

Apr 2008
it was an ok episode
Dec 10, 2008 7:34 AM

Sep 2008
After watching 3 episodes back to back, I can't help but want more already, I love it, but I just hope I don't have to tear in every episode.
Dec 10, 2008 1:54 PM

Feb 2008
lolz, yoshino and tomoya = same character, different sized eyes
Dec 10, 2008 2:01 PM

Nov 2008
I still wonder in my head why did the drama club have to die? It was such a good club. So many memories from the first season there and now it will fade away perhaps not all but a little of it. Such sad thing and Nagisa repeating the year was also bad last episode but it had to move on that much I get.

Maybe in the end Nagisa must be someone that stay at home and far from social dangers. At least that would be my logic based on her weak body.
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 10, 2008 10:01 PM

Dec 2008
well, asian people are naturally shy and quiet :]
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Dec 12, 2008 11:56 AM

Feb 2008
Naww they're all growing up.

-sheds motherly tears-
Dec 12, 2008 9:52 PM

May 2008
M_A said:
gdrocks said:

according to slice of life shows, kissing is a thoroughly embarrassing pastime for teenagers and happens very rarely.

Yeah i know if i was in their situation i couldnt stand it.
Being alone with your boyfriend/girlfriend and not do anything at all Gosh

Dec 20, 2008 5:13 PM

Dec 2008
Again great episode from me. The anime seems to have followed a lot of the story from the game. It was sad to see Nagisa going to school with basically nobody she knows, and that the students didn't pay attention to her because she repeated for two years (what a bad reason to ignore a person...), also the fact that the theatre club is closed brought tears to my eyes (How will Nagisa make it through this year with such experiences and not much school support). Tomoya working in the bakery was one of those real life type of experiences and was great overall, shows the viewers how it is like for his first job, and the fact that he has such people caring for him around him is a good thing to have. Tomoya worrying for Nagisa while working at the bakery was a sweet thing, but as he thought, maybe he might have added stress toward her by saying good luck all the time. The moment when he met the Fujibayashi sisters was a good scene in the sense that it opened Tomoya's eyes to what happening around him and gave him motivation to move on and build his own life path. The new apartment is amazing lol, cheap and looks great, and the moments of Nagisa and Tomoya in the apartment alone together was sweet. The new job as an electrician inversely puts thoughts in my head to respect the hard working people in modern society even more (These jobs are tiring, hard, and benefit the society as a whole, everything must be done correctly with no flaws)). Tomoya's first day returning from the job put him out, he's tired and just has to take a rest, but he still insists to listen to Nagisa even though it's clear to her that he needs to sleep (Even in this state, to put her first above yourself really shows how much he cares for her). My only hope for this anime is that it doesn't end like the game, because if it does... then I know I WILL shed a lot of tears....
Dec 21, 2008 5:42 PM

Jan 2008
A good sart to the new change of pace of the series. It wasn't as great as the last epsiode, but the mention of Fuko made me so excited!
Jan 11, 2009 7:06 PM

Aug 2008
Man this is such a dumbass show. How the hell has he not kissed Nagisa yet? I mean someone explain this to me. He's been "dating" her for like 6-8 months now? He lived in the same house as her. And now he wants her to live with him? This is all retarded and illogical on so many levels.

And where's the story? I saw someone said this is the "transition" period between the two main arcs, but nothing has happened for like 4 episodes! I mean really, where's the problem? Where's the drama? And for f&%k's sake, where's the supposed "romance" that makes this such a pentultimate romance story?

I'm going to keep watching just because of how lauded this series is, but if this crap continues for the next few episodes, I'm stopping. I can't take much more boredom when there are other things to watch.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Jan 16, 2009 4:40 PM

Aug 2008
ive never read the manga or played the game
but i did watch the movie and after watching it
im afraid where this is
going :/
lol
Jan 17, 2009 7:21 AM

Jan 2008
sikkkke said:
ive never read the manga or played the game
but i did watch the movie and after watching it
im afraid where this is
going :/

I'll just say one thing: The movie ended before the story was actually over. I won't say what that means in terms of the future plot-development, but there's still more to come after they reach the spot where the movie ended. (Assuming that the TV-series will have anything even remotely similar to the movie, that is. Judging by the movie's portrayal of the "Illusionary World", I would assume that their adaptation of the After Story was considerably different from the events of the actual game.)
Feb 1, 2009 10:09 PM
Mar 2008
I thought they looked cute in the new place. I'm just happy I got a millisecond of Kyou.
Feb 7, 2009 6:11 PM
Nov 2008
Am I the only one noticing that everyting will turn out exactly like the movie did?
And btw if you <b>have</b> seen the movie but haven't noticed and need more reasurrance, the house is the exact same one, i'm really pissed that watching the movie spoiled it for myself..
anyways it's still good.
Mar 22, 2009 7:36 PM

Feb 2008
Very cute episode. Its cool to see them slowly acting like a married couple.

But it's an OLD married couple. Is it weird for me to think their relationship lacks...passion? It seems very platonic for 18 year olds. :/
May 6, 2009 2:28 AM
Apr 2009
gdrocks said:
M_A said:
gdrocks said:

Yeah i know if i was in their situation i couldnt stand it.
Being alone with your boyfriend/girlfriend and not do anything at all Gosh

I was about to ask that. They are a really slow-moving couple.
Jun 17, 2009 5:58 AM

Jun 2009
haha another Akio-Sanae scene! tee hee

i think this is the 1st time Akio didnt say I love them properly "I luf fem!"
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jul 15, 2009 9:38 PM

Jan 2008
Tomoya looks like he has it tough right now.
Jul 15, 2009 10:46 PM

Jun 2009
This episode was pretty touching, and I'm glad Tomoya was respectful enough to ask permission from Nagisa's father.

This is what happens in most cultures I suppose. Someone meets the parents to see if they approve of the marriage as parents know best.
Fear the finger of death
Aug 16, 2009 6:09 PM

Jun 2009
I wonder how Sunohara's modeling career is going?
Sep 7, 2009 12:41 PM

Aug 2009
Damn. I think that will be like my future after college or something if I was a deliquent like Tomoya.

I'd better study this coming school year. :(
Sep 12, 2009 9:35 PM
Jul 2018
This is the kind of story Clannad should've had looong ago...

Tomoyo is finally starting to mature, as well as, trying to be a man (As if being with Nagisa didn't give him an excuse already...).

Perhaps it's not to late to like Clannad at this point... It just needs to keep the story like it is now.

So much episodes were wasted... I hope to GOD no more will!
Sep 24, 2009 10:50 PM

Oct 2008
All the character models certainly look older now.
<('-'<) <( '-' )> (>'-')>
Oct 8, 2009 4:18 PM
Jun 2008
Great episode, but I wonder how will the story go from now on...
I have a bad presentiment that something bad will happen, but I dunno what =/
Dec 17, 2009 1:17 PM
Oct 2008
Clannad makes my soul go on a wreaking havoc. Really. I absolute love this :D
Jan 9, 2010 10:45 AM

May 2008
Oh wow... that bit in the begining with Tomoya's dream. That was some really nice cinematography. :O
Anyway, I'm very proud of him for taking so much responsibility. It really suits him.
Jan 16, 2010 3:56 PM

Jan 2010
ok,this deffinitely gets into my top5 episodes untill now :)

it's just so beautiful,everyone acting realistic and stuff...its great!

PS:It would be awkward if nagisa would've moved with him now,because she's still a student and he is not...just sayin :P

anyway,amazing episode,looking forward to the next one tommorow night :P(seriously i don't understand where do i have the strength to watch 1/day)

PPS:this episode gave me the sudden urge to get a job :O
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Apr 12, 2010 3:27 PM

Mar 2010
It's an enjoyable episode.
Apr 15, 2010 12:03 PM

Jan 2010
maybe this episode is the 2nd best in the both seasons?:)

i completely love this ep...Nagisa and Tomoya kick off as a family,seeing how tomoya works makes me want to work also next to him :-)

i completely love this episode...

and Yoshino is a great person :D

9999999999999999999999991:p/5

PS:my favorite is ep
again from the after story
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jul 20, 2010 9:06 PM

Mar 2009
Okazaki fell asleep while eating.
Aug 5, 2010 5:34 AM

Feb 2010
This episode was VERY meaningful to me. So touching....

As someone starting out in the real world(about a year and a 1/2 now), and living with my partner(I know Nagisa hasn't moved in completely), its very touching and real.

This is where I'm realizing this show is very unique and different than anything I have seen. It's a slice-of-life with all the humor/sadness/pain/longing and triumphs of reality.

brilliant.
Sep 20, 2010 6:13 PM

Jun 2009
Okay so for a reason I couldn't stop crying the hole ep. No it isn't that something sad happened it is just that I can't accept the fact that Nagisa is going alone to school. That Tomoya isn't going to school anymore! That Kotomi is in America and that Tomoya doesn't see her friends anymore. That there is no more drama club all that Nagisa was working for.
No! I can't accept the fact that Tomoya is becoming and adult! I don't want that! I mean no, now there is going to be many problems and I don't want that.

The only thing that cheer me up was Tomoya seeing Fujibayashi sisters again.
Oct 9, 2010 11:11 PM

Feb 2010
MusashiRose said:

This is where I'm realizing this show is very unique and different than anything I have seen. It's a slice-of-life with all the humor/sadness/pain/longing and triumphs of reality.

brilliant.

This is why I liked this anime so much also the fact it's heavily on family and friends.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2011 10:12 AM

May 2010
MusashiRose said:
This episode was VERY meaningful to me. So touching....

As someone starting out in the real world(about a year and a 1/2 now), and living with my partner(I know Nagisa hasn't moved in completely), its very touching and real.

brilliant.

Very well said. It really depicts reality.

I didn't have an idea that Okazaki would scratch his back when he don't know what to do in times like those. Just like me. :D

Also, the twins kinda saved me from depressing mood of the ep. :)
Feb 17, 2011 2:49 PM

Dec 2008
Poor Okazaki....he's so exhausted from work that he can barely have dinner with Nagisa.
Apr 19, 2011 4:35 PM

Feb 2009
Things are not looking too happy =/
Apr 21, 2011 4:00 AM

Sep 2008
Now Yoshino's voice is bugging me.
He seems to say things a little too quickly, like his voice rises at the end of his sentences...
May 9, 2011 4:29 PM

Nov 2009
Woot Tomoya's becoming an adult little by little! his place is awesome! an its nice of Nagisa 2 be there with him... its so cute when he blushes X3 and its sad he left the bakery... but omg i LOVE it when Sanae runs from the shop and Akio eats th bread and runs out after her X'D it's sad no one joined the drama club... but anyway this is an awesome epi! its so cool that Tomoya has a new life now... it's scary...
May 30, 2011 2:48 PM

Mar 2011
Gaaaah! This was scarily accurate, even though I live in a different country, the whole 'I've left school what do I do BHAM Ive got a real job and a flat' really struck a chord with me. I'm feeling a little nostalgic (Im only 28!)

I hope Sunohara's doing all right, the twins certainly seem to be doing okay. And is Kitomi already in the US? I want to see more of her!
Jun 5, 2011 3:05 AM
Jul 2010
This episode was really depressing to me... It reminded me of how scared I am because my time in highschool is almost over and everyone's pressing me to make a decision. It depicted Tomoya's growth in such a realistic way and it made me afraid of the struggle to find one's place in society. I was even more depressed to realize that, unlike him, I've got no one to rely on. Besides my parents, I have no one who'd cheer me up or lend me a hand. I wish I had acted differently in the previous year, I wish I hadn't distanced myself from all the friends I had made in middle school and I wish I had been able to forge strong bonds with a few people.

Getting back on topic, the episode was brilliant. It was amazing to see Tomoya working and striving for his independence. His wish of forming a family with Nagisa was passed in such a beautiful way that my words will fail to describe it. But at the same time, we see them grow a bit apart I think. Especially the end of the episode, when Nagisa finally had something fun from school to tell him and Tomoya was just too tired even though he was making an effort to listen. Speaking of which, it was also quite sad that the group got separated, and specially that Nagisa couldn't make any new friends at school and the Theater Club was closed. I didn't cry on this one but it left a hole in my heart that no anime episode managed to so far. I still loved it though.
Jul 8, 2011 3:21 PM

Sep 2008
Pretty good episode, I liked it.
Aug 1, 2011 12:01 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, Nagisa can't do anything by herself...

Tomoya being love-struck was kinda cute =) And he was wearing a "Neue Welle" (New Wave in German) shirt! =D

It was quite a nice depiction of the struggle young people go through after graduating.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

0 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 10, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.