Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2008 5:25 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was a reasonable movie. I'm surprised and sad that Wesker never showed up. :(
Dec 4, 2008 5:33 PM

Mar 2008
there was no Ada ><
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2008 5:38 PM

Sep 2007
Leave it to RE to always stick in a mutant boss to kill. I was hoping for just a zombie-fest. D:
Dec 4, 2008 9:02 PM

Mar 2008
Wasabi said:
Leave it to RE to always stick in a mutant boss to kill. I was hoping for just a zombie-fest. D:

they did... in the airport :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2008 11:17 PM

Aug 2008
TJax said:
It was a reasonable movie. I'm surprised and sad that Wesker never showed up. :(

Sad too. I was hoping that the one that was talking on the phone with Frederic was Wesker. >__<

Sony did a remarkable job. It's perfectly realistic. :D. NEXT! Re 5!
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Dec 4, 2008 11:29 PM

Dec 2007
Loved it. A lot of the movie felt like a giant tribute to RE2 fans and I couldn't be more thankful, being one of those fans.
Dec 5, 2008 4:53 PM
Jan 2008
It blew.
Dec 6, 2008 4:21 AM

Sep 2008
i think for the true fans of the game it was the perfect movie. ive been a fan of the games for years and if anything 'blew', was the crappy live action versions of resident evil, which could have been any generic zombie movie really.

that being said i really enjoyed this movie. Sure it was just like the games, lots of zombies and of course a g-virus infected boss to defeat at the end. But thats why its more of a movie for the fans, as its set to the kind of story every one of the games has.

Very good movie in my opinion.
Dec 6, 2008 1:34 PM

Apr 2007
I loved it.

I've been waiting for a movie with Claire and Leon... Pretty much ever since RE2 came out, LOL. It had a good story, I got to see my favorite RE characters in action, really good CGI... But other corporations taking over Umbrella's spot didn't make me all that glad. It almost makes me want to treat this as not-canon, but oh well.

Not much of an interaction between Claire and Leon as well, and it bothers me Sherry was never mentioned. I've always been so curious to know what's become of her. The new "bad guys" don't have much of an impact in me. But Leon acting pretty much like the main character of Die Hard, the zombies, the mutations, and best of all, not a single mention of Ada leaves me a very happy fan!

Looking forward to a new one, Capcom.
Dec 8, 2008 5:30 PM

May 2008
Leon is such a shitty character. anyways i still think the movie was alright...definitely better than the horrible live action movies though.
Dec 11, 2008 11:24 AM

Aug 2008
Resident Evil always was my series of game favorite. Unhappyly always was victim of bad films!
Finally they had made an excellent film! Only could be in graphical animation, could not be of another form! I adored!
Dec 11, 2008 5:07 PM

Apr 2008
Very good CG movie. My only experience with Resident Evil is #4, so I'm not really familiar with Claire. The movie was very good though. Really well done animation.

That being said, wasn't amazing acting, story, etc. but great entertainment - and in the end, that's what counts.
Dec 14, 2008 7:01 PM
Jun 2008
Wow, I expected way worse than what I actually saw. I was gripped for an hour and a half. Awesome movie.

Dec 15, 2008 6:36 PM

Dec 2008
Leinel said:
I was hoping that the one that was talking on the phone with Frederic was Wesker. >__<

Haha same here.
I wished to see Wesker in RE : Degeneration.
But yea 4/5
Dec 17, 2008 3:22 PM

Oct 2008
kaminakun said:
there was no Ada ><

Yeah...I want to see her too (instead this.......Angela)

Dec 18, 2008 5:49 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was some decent CG animation. At times, I was really impressed. A few cliché elements in the story but still enjoyable. 7/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 23, 2008 11:08 AM
Jan 2008
to tsukasa-L :
My all-time favorite game is RE4, and I love survival-horror games, so you could say that I'm "a true fan", but, to me, the movie was just plain awful.
Dec 24, 2008 6:27 PM

May 2007
What!? No Wesker cameo!? That really disappointed me. We all know he's really the big shot mastermind behind everything related to the T-Virus.

Went into the movie with low expectations, and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it despite its flaws. Anyway, decent movie. Wasn't spectacular, wasn't too horrible (although some of the CG could have been better, especially some of the character movement). For some reason, Leon felt a bit out of character from his previous games. What the hell was with the hinted romance between him and Angela? Where is my lone-wolf US secret agent!? Although they got Claire's character down just right, which was nice. Either way, a nice service to its fan. Thanks Capcom.
Dec 25, 2008 10:33 AM

Oct 2007
Well, I quite liked this movie although I wish there were a few more characters in it other than Leon and Claire. I wanted to see Carlos...
Dec 26, 2008 2:09 PM

Oct 2008
horrible film the lip syching was a disasterdidnt like it at all cheap ass action scenes ETC im very dissapointed.

4/10
David-XanatosJan 1, 2009 3:11 AM
Dec 27, 2008 10:35 PM

Sep 2008
I'm hoping Capcom does a better job on the next one, should there be another. I enjoyed it, but I probably won't buy a copy anytime soon. It did a decent job, revving the fans up for RE5 (don't get me wrong, I love the games and am eagerly awaiting the next entry). Lets face it though, the graphics were really sub par and there was a lot of drama in there I just wasn't interested in at all.

And what the crap was with Leon? He didn't look a thing like he did in RE4, and its only set a year before it! Why didn't they keep that great dirty blond color with his hair instead of turning him into a really boring brunet? Minor gripe, but still.

I kind of looked at that silver haired scientist dude as the sort of "Wesker" of the movie. Towards the end, in that certain light, his glasses looked dark and he looked a whole lot like him... Having no Ada in this movie makes sense, by the way. If she met him then, then he wouldn't be suprised to know she was alive in RE4, now would he?
Dec 28, 2008 10:56 PM

Feb 2008
Resident Evil zombies, proudly brought to you by Gumby.

Seriously that just looked silly. My RE fanboism will let it slide with a 6/10.

Jan 4, 2009 11:27 PM

Oct 2007
It was average in every sense of the word. The characters looked average, the plot was average, the voice matching was on and off,the zombies were average. Even as a cheesy B grade movie it wasn't anything impressive. That being said it wasn't ever bad enough to just condemn the movie. For die hard fans there is something here and for people who just want to see some CG there is something here...but I don't think there is anything that even warrants more than a rental.

5 OVERALL

Also what was up with the horror movie sequels opening the DVD. It was just hilarious to see how the quality of film dropped as they went from Grudge 1 to Grudge 3 or Vacancy to Vacancy 2.
Jan 5, 2009 7:32 AM
Oct 2007
It was ok. I had to laugh when Leon and Angela were in the tower and she was holding his hand and looked at him with the my panties are getting looser by the second around you look. You know Leon hit that :D
Jan 13, 2009 2:15 PM

Sep 2008
seeing leon made this movie better :) i was hoping that he was in it lol
Jan 18, 2009 11:00 PM

Dec 2008
I agree, the live-action films are horrible (expect for maybe the first one), they totally dragged the franchise thru the shit. But this I liked a lot. I only hated Leon's face, his facial expressions always looked so extremely pissed off all the time. He looked much better in RE:4.
Jan 23, 2009 10:47 PM

Jun 2008
It was OK for a box office movie. Nothing special through. The characters were a bit clumsily animated, but the explosions were nice. The story was a bit flat.
Feb 4, 2009 6:29 AM

Dec 2008
Piece of crap. Animation is good, but story is shittiest thing I've ever seen.

ATATATATATATATATATATATATA!! Omae wa mo shindeiru!
Feb 4, 2009 3:09 PM

Apr 2007
MotokoAramaki said:
And what the crap was with Leon? He didn't look a thing like he did in RE4, and its only set a year before it! Why didn't they keep that great dirty blond color with his hair instead of turning him into a really boring brunet? Minor gripe, but still.

It actually always bothered me how he went from brunet in RE2 to the ugly color he had in RE4, but that's probably because I'm obsessed with 2...
Feb 6, 2009 3:14 PM

Jan 2008
I don't see why so many people are against this movie. It's definitely better than the theatrical ones were.

While not the greatest of great movies, it was still nostalgic enough for me to enjoy it.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Apr 25, 2009 7:27 PM

Aug 2008
It's difficult to give out my real and objective apreciation of this CGI Movie.... It's obvious the art is not the best but I really liked it... It really felt like they were in canon... It felt like a game... Yet it was out of your control hahahaha.... Loved Claire's and Leon's appearances, and was disappointed of not seeing Wesker... Maybe he's behind the company behind the G Virus recovery mission in the end... and the death of that dude... and the data erase of that computer... WEl it as a decent movie, yet the VA and the art could've been better.... 7/10

Signs,
Green
Jul 28, 2009 6:30 PM

Oct 2008
Considering that the Touhou anime wasn't added to the database as that was a doujin work, I wouldn't have guessed that a CG movie would be considered as anime. Anyhow, this is pretty good as that the story is somewhat like the games. The protagonist is once again Leon S. Kennedy, the guy who fought and survive biohazard in multiple games, as well as Claire Redfield who is the younger sister of Chris Redfield, protagonist of the newest Biohazard 5 game. Claire was also the main character of multiple games, as well as live-action films.

There seems to be a lack of characters like the series. Aside from Leon, Claire, and Angela on the main character's side. The antagonists are pretty much the senator and the businessman. Of course, the zombies and the monster counts as villians.
Jul 31, 2009 2:00 PM

Nov 2007
I pooped my pants.
sad
Oct 25, 2009 12:16 PM

Jun 2008
Been a big RE fan for a long time!

Not bad for a first outing. I was really hoping to see more zombie killings, but it was still pretty entertaining. I hope that they add more staple characters in the next movie. I want to see Rebbecca Chambers star in the next one, she never gets her dues compared to others.
Retro8bitOct 25, 2009 5:47 PM
Dec 21, 2009 9:01 PM

Aug 2008
I enjoyed it. Finally a movie similar in style to the games. And anyone who complains about the plot here, have you played the fucking games? Same shitty bio-terrorist plot, same awesomeness.

Leon wants to tap Claire so bad.
Apr 14, 2012 9:49 PM

Jun 2009
Leon makes everything sexier. :3
Oct 31, 2012 9:35 PM

Feb 2008
Why do the always have to add some new female characters. Even in the games. I'd rather see Leon x Claire instead of Leon x random chick. I really missed Claire, and she even had less screen time than that random chick!

Looking at it as a fanservice movie, it was pretty good and enjoying. But objectively looking at it, the characters were bland, plot weak, action okay (looked like some QTE events, wonder if someone picked up his joystick while watching, since those events can catch you off guard sometimes lol), models and animation okay. As I haven't seen much CGI anime, this one looked pretty good on TV. Haven't watched a BD version with clear picture, so I couldn't really see some minor details on the objects. The only complaint is, faces of course. They really look awful when they talk. But hey, it's not like anime looks any different, it's just that CGI looks more real, so it bugs you more.

Overall, I'll say 5/10 since I really like Claire and enjoyed all scenes with her.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Dec 27, 2012 5:32 PM

Sep 2012
Leon is my favorite RE character.

Too bad he was way too stiff in this movie. He didn't exude his usual "badass-ness".
Nov 9, 2015 8:14 AM

Aug 2013
It was a decent movie.

Leon looks weird to me though. I haven't played RE4 in a long time, so maybe I just forgot what he's supposed to look like.

6/10
garydaiNov 9, 2015 8:27 AM
Apr 1, 2016 5:52 AM

Apr 2012
"- Let's go diving some time.
- I'd love too."

Would you look at these pros.
May 29, 2016 9:04 PM

May 2015
If anything, it's a bit like an RE2 sequel… For the tec stuff. Graphics are all there although some of the animation could have been done better…. All around a decent go at bringing a game legend to the animated screen.

gc said:
Loved it. A lot of the movie felt like a giant tribute to RE2 fans and I couldn't be more thankful, being one of those fans.
+1

tsukasa-L said:
i think for the true fans of the game it was the perfect movie. ive been a fan of the games for years and if anything 'blew', was the crappy live action versions of resident evil, which could have been any generic zombie movie really.

that being said i really enjoyed this movie. Sure it was just like the games, lots of zombies and of course a g-virus infected boss to defeat at the end. But thats why its more of a movie for the fans, as its set to the kind of story every one of the games has.

Very good movie in my opinion.
This...
Jul 2, 2017 6:51 AM

Dec 2015
Why are all CG movies so bad? I made the wrong choice...Not even more zombies could've saved this disaster.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 18, 2019 7:14 AM
Jan 2017
Leon was very cool , the way he can survive from all that thing is very great.
remembering me to resident evil 4 in Ps 2.. and yeah im watch this.. great movie..
7/10
Aug 25, 2021 10:13 PM
Dec 2017
play the games they're really are graet.

Sep 19, 2021 10:13 PM

Apr 2009
Rewatched it on Netflix just now after over a decade. Still OK, still 7/10 on my list.

After Umbrella, we get WilPharma...and now Tricell in the end. *sigh*
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.

More topics from this board

» Where to watch?

removed-user - Sep 14, 2021

6 by ScatteredCat »»
Sep 14, 2021 9:05 PM

» How is this considered an anime?

DarkSageRK - Jul 5, 2009

11 by ProxyLain »»
Sep 10, 2021 3:28 PM

» Anime watch Order [Biohazard // Resident Evil]

Arzoden - May 31, 2017

3 by _Ghost_ »»
Jun 2, 2017 1:48 AM

» Resident Evil Degeneration interview

ya - Aug 9, 2008

3 by ya »»
Oct 12, 2008 5:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.