Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 8, 2013 10:13 PM
Aug 2011
I really like the main characters. They're all different but they mesh well together.

On the other hand I honestly don't care about the plot or the gift games at all.

penguindrum264 said:
If people like the show because of how "badass" Izayoi is, then why doesn't Hagure Yuusha no Estetica have a higher score cause Ousawa Akatsuki is way more badass than Izayoi, haha.

All I remember was that the Estetica guy took panties/bras off the girls while fighting.
So while they are both OP they aren't really the same.

Correct me if i'm wrong but I dropped that anime after 1 or 2 episodes. It was that forgettable for me.

NihonFalcom said:
MagicFlier said:
because overpowered protagonists

Still better than Kirito.

Using Kirito isn't the best example because even Ouma Shu is better than Kirito.

omg I can't believe I just typed that out loud.
standFeb 8, 2013 10:16 PM
Feb 8, 2013 11:12 PM

Nov 2008
Sophilia said:
Haters gonna hate.

^
Feb 8, 2013 11:49 PM

Mar 2010
I think the answers pretty simple.
Because most people have been dumbed down so horribly by anime cliches like maid girls, overly powerful characters, hot chix, saggy big boobs, pantie shots, etc... that if an anime doesn't have all that and more perversion, then people hate it. It's the sad aspect that has become anime it seems.
No more originality. After Hayao Miyazaki dies, it'll be gone for good I'm sure. Although there's still "some" original animes produced every now 'n then. Real good anime died after the mid-late 90's ended.
Feb 8, 2013 11:49 PM
Jan 2008
A-Knight said:

Harem and ecchi are shounen sub-genres, and they are included in what I said anyway.

Neither harem or ecchi are exclusive to shounen, so labelling them as shounen sub-genres is incorrect. They are not exclusive to shounen.
Feb 9, 2013 2:02 AM

Nov 2011
azzuRe said:
A-Knight said:

Izayoi doesn't really have plot armor. Plot armor is when a character performs way outside the realm of their established ability because the plot demands it. Good example is sudden power ups during fights or winning because you are more "determined" than the other guy. Izayoi is just a really strong established character.

No, Izayoi is a god. A deus ex machina. Strong established character would be an understatement.

He's rather weak compared to the strongest characters in that universe.

He's like a freshly dinged lvl 85(when that was the level cap) in WoW, beating up on low levels.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Feb 9, 2013 3:44 AM

May 2010
Coz it is lovable..lol

Seriously,it is awesome.The characters esp. main guy is cool & kuro usagi is just too cute..Other girls are nice.plus the plot is executed properly so a lot of good points.
They can do a lot with it.

The ending song & opening songs are so awesome as well

Plus it is a action.totally worthy of 9 points & may be 10 if ended awesomely.
Feb 9, 2013 3:46 AM

Aug 2012
IDK. i like how it doesnt really take things seriously. It's also quite different from the usual action, since Izayoi seems invincible, and has no problems dealing with anything. I find that refreshing.

But it all comes down to one thing in the end: Kurousagi.
Feb 9, 2013 6:23 AM
Apr 2011
The gift games are also interesting. The fact that Izayoi still couldn't win the recent one by himself shows that real thought is put into them.
Feb 9, 2013 9:50 AM

Jul 2010
manuxel said:

supermegasonic said:

it's becuz there IS so much anime that have girls abusing guys that i'm finding this so much more enjoyable. the worst he's physically done is pull bunny girls ear. the worst girls have done is literally kill the MC. and that was apparently "funny"

and yes, he's a sterotype, just like 99% of every character in anime. but the last time i saw this particular one is from kaze no stigma. (maybe zetsuen no tempest, but he's not OP)

also
"you are watching way too much anime to find enjoyment out of seeing a main character not abused"

so what do you want me to do here?? ask all the producer/studio's to stop making useless MC's?

I agree he may be a stereotype, but not as used as others.

also
"you are watching way too much anime to find enjoyment out of seeing a main character not abused"

I am watching too much anime because I like anime too much.

THISx2

penguindrum264 said:
If people like the show because of how "badass" Izayoi is, then why doesn't Hagure Yuusha no Estetica have a higher score cause Ousawa Akatsuki is way more badass than Izayoi, haha.

thats what i've been wondering to this day. maybe its becuz their jealous he actually takes advantage of his situation for his entertainment?? otaku's dont like their waifu's being touched, and their seiyuu that voice them as well

Feb 9, 2013 12:00 PM

Jul 2008
The series is 'light hearted' and fun to watch, I don't really think Izayoi is way overpowered concidering how powerful the others in 'the garden, or what they called it' are going to be.. probably
and I hope he stays 'overpowered', I've seen too much weak lead characters training and failing over and over again to finally at the last ep have superpowers, save the world etc.. it's just not fun.

Someone mentioned that Izayoi is a stereotype and his powers and arrogance are in the way of 'good writing' really? Do people really think some character personas that doesn't fit a 'good writing' niche won't have a chance at all? I actually haven't crossed many MC's that remind me of Izayoi, by overpowered I get reminded of the MC from Katanagatari and maybe Toua from One Outs (for being such a smart badass) and both of them are really good. There's just too many weak male leads getting bossed around by the girls in their own harem in shounen anime for me to want Izayoi to be anything else than he is ._. I also enjoy his character because he reminds me of Miko hehe..+++
Now I think this show has a pretty good rating because it's actually a very very decent anime, most, not all of course, but most anime that I've seen and and has aired the last year have been.. very bad -.-
Feb 9, 2013 12:22 PM

Jun 2007
for those of you talking about stereotype. ask yourself this question. what is not stereotyped? if you can answer that, go ahead and make your own show, you might make millions.

there is far too much stuff out there. the way that they put it together, however, is what we will find entertaining and fresh, as shishime iihiko would put it. i myself end up liking this firmly because of the badassness of izayoi(much to how i liked kusanagi from campione), and the whole connection to mythical representations and the gifts themselves. once again, very much like campione. you could also argue that there are elements of other things. but what makes it so fresh? the plot, and the interactions between characters. if you are looking at stereotyped characters while doing the same interactions over and over, it'll get boring. why is this different from campione? do you see the stereotyped girls swooning over izayoi?(besides kurousagi? that one is obvious) i think not. do these stereotyped characters act the same way other characters act? maybe so. but is it in the same setting? i think not. same plot? very likely not. it's all a matter of what you find enjoyment in, and how deep you would dig into analysis in order to rate something. something you can't understand can be handled as a "that sucked, it made no sense". or it can be interpreted as a masterpiece (read: evangelion). how deep would you like to go into analyzing it? that depends how entertaining you found it, or how much attention span you managed to retain while watching. this show, seems shallow. however, there are many details that are not shown for time constrictions(i can only imagine). it seems rushed, but anything 9 episodes worth will seem a lot worse. considering that, i'd say that the story is far better than they are letting us in, and are somewhat letting us think up of several situations that would lead to what is actually shown, that would make the series oh so much better. however, that does depend how far you are willing to go in letting it go. i myself rate shows on how much enjoyment i get out of it, and how much deeper the setting would allow the show to go in. i would definitely rate this over an 8.

also. read on tons of the hagure yuusha topics. a lot of people just don't like seeing non wimpy mc's and label them as too op. frankly, op mc's are better.
Feb 9, 2013 6:24 PM
Jan 2008
Richard_Omega said:
for those of you talking about stereotype. ask yourself this question. what is not stereotyped? if you can answer that, go ahead and make your own show, you might make millions.

Um, being a stereotype and being well-written are completely different things. Firstly, there actually are stories without stereotypes and secondly, you can give a character development to break them away from a stereotype, which is what a lot of well-written series do. The matter of fact is, for Mondaiji, it feels like characters were created based on that stereotype, they offer nothing new and are extremely cliche. There are a multitude of stories of which characters could be put in a stereotype, however are given enough to seperate them from the stereotype or put their character above such stereotypes. Until recently actually, I would find it hard to name a series that doesn't have at least one character go above and beyond the stereotype.

The main point is, it's not because it's stereotypical that is the problem. It's because the characters character is basically the stereotype; that's all. Nothing more, at all.

Also, no. Don't be smart, you will not make millions for writing a show simply because of characters not being stereotypical. That is not how the industry works, especially not in Japan where bad writing and moe is fluctuating. The characters in Psycho Pass have no general stereotype and were DEFINITELY NOT created on the basis of a stereotype and the sales for that weren't staggering at all. I actually don't know if we'll see an anime like that within the next year, which is disheartening.
Feb 10, 2013 8:42 AM
Apr 2011
TheUnknownOne said:
Richard_Omega said:

Um, being a stereotype and being well-written are completely different things. Firstly, there actually are stories without stereotypes and secondly, you can give a character development to break them away from a stereotype, which is what a lot of well-written series do. The matter of fact is, for Mondaiji, it feels like characters were created based on that stereotype, they offer nothing new and are extremely cliche. There are a multitude of stories of which characters could be put in a stereotype, however are given enough to seperate them from the stereotype or put their character above such stereotypes. Until recently actually, I would find it hard to name a series that doesn't have at least one character go above and beyond the stereotype.

The main point is, it's not because it's stereotypical that is the problem. It's because the characters character is basically the stereotype; that's all. Nothing more, at all.

Also, no. Don't be smart, you will not make millions for writing a show simply because of characters not being stereotypical. That is not how the industry works, especially not in Japan where bad writing and moe is fluctuating. The characters in Psycho Pass have no general stereotype and were DEFINITELY NOT created on the basis of a stereotype and the sales for that weren't staggering at all. I actually don't know if we'll see an anime like that within the next year, which is disheartening.

Most character stereotypes come with scripted development, so development doesn't mean that they go beyond their stereotype. You don't need development to make a good character, and it is often the case that bad development derails characters.

Mondaij does do something that a lot of series don't do though. How many anime can claim to have three main cast members who are all competent, well-used, and shine in their own way and are not made into butt-monkeys, bitches, etc? I suppose kurousagi is somewhat of a butt-monkey, but she isn't one of the three chosen kids.

Also, Psycho Pass is full of stereotypes, just "darker and edgier" ones.
Feb 10, 2013 9:32 AM

Dec 2012
azzuRe said:
No, Izayoi is a god. A deus ex machina. Strong established character would be an understatement.

Strong established character is exactly what he is. God? no, like rederoin said "He's like a freshly dinged lvl 85(when that was the level cap) in WoW, beating up on low levels." spoiler is about his ability

I like this series for most of the reasons other people have said, but mainly for the already strong cast, we don't have a wuss MC going through training arcs to gain plot armor and fight the strongest enemies, or annoying speeches about friends etc. and the fact that the characters are mature. I don't like the fact it's only 10 eps :(
Feb 10, 2013 9:44 AM

Dec 2011
TheUnknownOne said:
Characters like Izayoi destroy opportunities like good writing, and that's what people like. Difficulty? Struggle? Haha!

Though I'm sure if you get all the averages of each series on MAL and add them up and get the average for that, I'd predict it'd be somewhere in the 7's anyway. People tend to rate higher than they should.

I like this anime a lot but that is the main reason why Izayoi is my least favourite.
Feb 10, 2013 4:45 PM
Jan 2008
A-Knight said:
TheUnknownOne said:
Richard_Omega said:

Most character stereotypes come with scripted development, so development doesn't mean that they go beyond their stereotype. You don't need development to make a good character, and it is often the case that bad development derails characters.

Mondaij does do something that a lot of series don't do though. How many anime can claim to have three main cast members who are all competent, well-used, and shine in their own way and are not made into butt-monkeys, bitches, etc? I suppose kurousagi is somewhat of a butt-monkey, but she isn't one of the three chosen kids.

Bad development can make a bad character, but to say good development doesn't make a good character? I'm confused, but I see what you're trying to say, somewhat, so sorry if I misunderstand. Characters can develop into someone else entirely as the story progresses, so I have no clue why you'd still consider them in that stereotype if per say, Asuka, the stuck up, high and mighty princess experienced poverty and changed into someone who values and respects money, maids and a house and all that.

I disagree with Mondaiji doing something a lot of series don't. Kurosagi has still yet to do anything worthwhile and Leticia has shown to be nothing but a burden who used to be powerful and now even reduced to a maid role. In fact, I think the action scenes for You and Asuka seem forced and basically, unnecessary. Everything they've done, Izayoi can do better. I for one find a balanced cast where everyone is useful much more impressive than simply giving screen time to each character.

I am eager to know the stereotypes, other than maybe Kogami, I'm not seeing them. Either way, they're definitely not prominent or public common knowledge, unlike all the ones in Mondaiji.

Edit: Though honestly, this is a children's show (I think), so expecting good development is in my own fault, not the shows. Maybe it's because how bad this season is that I'm being so critical.
TheDipstickFeb 10, 2013 5:10 PM
Feb 10, 2013 7:30 PM

Jan 2011
It's not like 7.9 is exceptionally high, and ratings tend to fluctuate a lot before it finishes anyway. I do somewhat like this show - it's a welcome diversion from the highschool setting - but there are just a few yet major flaws that really bring it down to a more average level. Take the art for example, it's straight out of 2006, maybe 07. I don't feel it's really utilizing the anime medium. Izayoi aside, the character personalities aren't well established either, in-fact even as badass as Izayoi is, they all feel relatively... hollow?

With proper studio effort behind this, it could be a real contender for anime of the year already, but as an adaptation, it's rather halfhearted.

But you know what? When I see that ED every week, I can't help but enjoy the show. Still, I don't rate until after something has finished anyway.
Feb 10, 2013 8:30 PM
Apr 2011
TheUnknownOne said:
A-Knight said:
TheUnknownOne said:
Richard_Omega said:

Bad development can make a bad character, but to say good development doesn't make a good character? I'm confused, but I see what you're trying to say, somewhat, so sorry if I misunderstand. Characters can develop into someone else entirely as the story progresses, so I have no clue why you'd still consider them in that stereotype if per say, Asuka, the stuck up, high and mighty princess experienced poverty and changed into someone who values and respects money, maids and a house and all that.

I disagree with Mondaiji doing something a lot of series don't. Kurosagi has still yet to do anything worthwhile and Leticia has shown to be nothing but a burden who used to be powerful and now even reduced to a maid role. In fact, I think the action scenes for You and Asuka seem forced and basically, unnecessary. Everything they've done, Izayoi can do better. I for one find a balanced cast where everyone is useful much more impressive than simply giving screen time to each character.

I am eager to know the stereotypes, other than maybe Kogami, I'm not seeing them. Either way, they're definitely not prominent or public common knowledge, unlike all the ones in Mondaiji.

Edit: Though honestly, this is a children's show (I think), so expecting good development is in my own fault, not the shows. Maybe it's because how bad this season is that I'm being so critical.

I meant that you don't need development to make a good character. Good development does help, but it isn't needed. The rich kid going through a poverty streak is also a overused and usually badly done scripted development that largely springs from wealth envy. Besides, Asuka is already pretty different from that standard rich girl archetype in that she actively gave up privilege to fight it out on her own effort.

Kurousagi and Leticia aren't part of the problem kids, so some ragging on them should be acceptable. You and Asuka aren't really hard-line fighters like Izayoi is. They're more of logistical support/secondary fighters while Izayoi is the powerful leader who jumps in to fight when needed. You and Asuka's competencies do shine out, and they aren't annoying bitches like most modern shounen female leads. Episode 5 really showed this well as all three were needed to win the game under its conditions. Izayoi does stand out more, but he is the MC. His character is about how he impacts and warps the world through his action and planning. It's good to have a MC that drives the plot instead of being driven by it. When you look at most modern shounen where the male leads are emasculated and/or inept and jerked around by annoying female leads, Mondaiji does use its core cast better. Classical 80s shounen are definitely better than Mondaiji, but most of the crap in modern shounen is inferior.

As for Psycho Pass, it's typical Robocop/Dredd-esque dystopian police future stuff. The stereotypes are more of the grimdark/hard-edge types. They aren't commonly found in anime/manga, but they are in other mediums.
Feb 11, 2013 12:00 AM
Jan 2008
Removed the quotes cause it got messy as hell. I do appreciate the logical and thought-out replies!

I meant that you don't need development to make a good character. Good development does help, but it isn't needed. The rich kid going through a poverty streak is also a overused and usually badly done scripted development that largely springs from wealth envy. Besides, Asuka is already pretty different from that standard rich girl archetype in that she actively gave up privilege to fight it out on her own effort.

Yes, you're right. It isn't needed, however that wasn't really the point. Because there is no development, the characters seem superficial and based on stereotypes, a common problem for animes these days. They bring nothing new to the stereotype either and are just generally tedious characters we've seen before. Of course, I generally stay clear of these, however because of the initial interesting premise, I stayed with Mondaiji, which is why I'm getting grated at the stereotypical characters.

Kurousagi and Leticia aren't part of the problem kids, so some ragging on them should be acceptable. You and Asuka aren't really hard-line fighters like Izayoi is. They're more of logistical support/secondary fighters while Izayoi is the powerful leader who jumps in to fight when needed. You and Asuka's competencies do shine out, and they aren't annoying bitches like most modern shounen female leads. Episode 5 really showed this well as all three were needed to win the game under its conditions. Izayoi does stand out more, but he is the MC. His character is about how he impacts and warps the world through his action and planning. It's good to have a MC that drives the plot instead of being driven by it. When you look at most modern shounen where the male leads are emasculated and/or inept and jerked around by annoying female leads, Mondaiji does use its core cast better. Classical 80s shounen are definitely better than Mondaiji, but most of the crap in modern shounen is inferior.

I agree that the author is doing well in balancing the screen time, but I disagree that it's anything truly praiseworthy, in the end, Izayoi's over powered abilities is grating and annoying. As of yet, he actually has nothing to do with the universe they're in and as such as specifically helping a community, despite their being other communities in just as much, if not even worse situations. His drive to help Kurosagi is poorly written and comes down to getting thrill out of this new world, hardly making him a character of which one can care for. His sole character is basically him being a "badass" as some put it, which is pretty common, contrary to what people are saying.

Though I must say, the equal screen time is enduring and allows fans to like any character and not feel like they're being left behind. Much better than Sword Art Online which introduces a range of characters to only give the screen time to one. So I can definitely see there why people can like it.

Also we should be comparing shounen action/fantasy to shounen action/fantasy, not shounen romance or the likes where the writing of per say screen time is pretty different, of which, I'd say a majority handle the core cast pretty well in most shounen action, which Kurosagi ultimately is a part of. Leticia, not so much; as of yet at least, so I'll give you that. There haven't really been many modern shounen action/fanasy, at least I haven't viewed any.

You are right with Asuka though, she isn't completely within the stuck-up rich girl Archetype, but she's definitely in that region.

As for Psycho Pass, it's typical Robocop/Dredd-esque dystopian police future stuff. The stereotypes are more of the grimdark/hard-edge types. They aren't commonly found in anime/manga, but they are in other mediums.

The only one I can think that resemble any American detective story is Tomomi Masaoka and that's pushing it. Either way, I think the problem lies wherein that Mondaiji, like a lot of other manga/anime/light novel are adopting very, very common stereotypical characters. When an anime cast has 60-70%+ girls of which can fit into a stereotype that is prominent through out the industry, it becomes somewhat irking.
Feb 11, 2013 6:15 AM
Jan 2009
I thought I had better things to do with my time, but people actually took time to come up with (what they think) is reasoned responses to the threads idiotic question...

just... wow
Feb 11, 2013 6:40 AM
Feb 2013
I like it.
Feb 11, 2013 10:13 AM
May 2011
Am I the only one to thinks that there's more than just one main character...
Feb 11, 2013 11:57 AM
Sep 2010
I like it because of the female characters. Kurousagi is adorable. Asuka is enjoyable. I like me some ojousama's. Though she doesn't do the typical laugh. :P And the loli demon lord is fun too. Love her old lady voice.
Feb 11, 2013 4:16 PM
Oct 2011
I watch it for all the characters. Each one of them have a unique personality about them that make this anime interesting. It's all about opinion and perspective. So if you don't like it, don't watch it or wait for it to get better. If you do like it, keep watching, but don't expect too much.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/darkdoll25&sclick=1">
Feb 15, 2013 6:40 PM
Aug 2012
It's liked because it's an easy concept to get into that doesn't require much thought, it has simple characters, and a simple setting, it's sadly nothing more than that though.

There is almost no seen development so far, and also no proper exposition to tell us what is exactly going on, all we know is we are on some tiered other world, the characters haven't even been given a relevant goal other than "build this community". The first episode reminds me how sword art online starts out, gives you a decent concept, then either avoids it, or presents it in weaker less relevant scenarios from what you expected.

The main character is one dimensional, he faces all of his problems head on, always has to charge in, there is nothing else to him, a force of nature, or a gary stu.

The same can be said for the other girls, any loss they suffered was because of their own stupidity, they are perfectly capable of running the show with their horribly broken and overpowered gifts. You can even see the writer start to limit gift potential, for almost no reason.

The characters just all feel cliche, every character has to have an outstanding physical quality that defines them, because the writing didn't allow them to actually be characters, they are just stereotypes slapped onto good looking characters.
Feb 16, 2013 2:26 AM

Jul 2012
I would have strong, confident main characters than pansies as MC any day of the year.

I honestly have a hard time grasping how a show with a weak MC who trains for a week to a month and beating an enemy who has been fighting/training all his life can be considered "good" writing. KHR (while I liked the show but this is mostly cause I like action shows) is a great example of this. I would rather watch a show where they are already strong and how they use these capabilities to endure or overcome a dire or complicated situation they have been placed into, I find this 210% more enjoyable. Not to mention the female characters in this show are actually useful, fun, and interesting as opposed to other shows where they are 90% of the time used for fanservice or other moe crap.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Feb 16, 2013 2:35 AM

Jan 2013
I liked it all lot best anime this season in my opinion.Well for instance the main Character is Cool,Badass and not a complete wimp like all the animes main characters these days.This Season all animes where animes for girls only to watch aside from zettai karen children hyoubu kyousuke,Maoyuu Maou Yuusha and Boku wa Tomodachi NEXT which where the only awesome animes this season has.In my opinion if those werent there this season anime would go down the drain cause the others suck so much,Well Thats is my opinion.I give it 10/10.
Feb 16, 2013 2:37 AM

Oct 2011
Decent anime but I'm still not into it. I feel that sometimes it tries too hard to be humourous. Male leads looks OP like SAO OP. What's the point of watching the anime if you know he's gonna win any fight.
Feb 16, 2013 2:41 AM

Jul 2012
Iasuru said:
Decent anime but I'm still not into it. I feel that sometimes it tries too hard to be humourous. Male leads looks OP like SAO OP. What's the point of watching the anime if you know he's gonna win any fight.

How he wins the fight maybe? To me that's where interest lies. How is this MC anything like SAO MC, Kirito wins his fight through the sheer use of his plot armor while Izayoi uses his given skills, not to mention Izayoi's character is a 100% more likable than Kirito's, at least to me.
Num1dad_AsuraFeb 16, 2013 2:47 AM
[/url]
Feb 16, 2013 3:33 AM
Aug 2012
Num1dad_Asura said:
they are 90% of the time used for fanservice or other moe crap.

That's exactly what they are in this show.
Feb 16, 2013 3:37 AM

Nov 2011
Num1dad_Asura said:
Iasuru said:

How he wins the fight maybe? To me that's where interest lies. How is this MC anything like SAO MC, Kirito wins his fight through the sheer use of his plot armor while Izayoi uses his given skills, not to mention Izayoi's character is a 100% more likable than Kirito's, at least to me.

What is also different between those 2 is that Kiroto is one of the strongest characters in the SAO-universe, while Izayio doesn't even come close to being the strongest in the universe he is in.

Feb 16, 2013 4:01 AM

Jul 2012
Dessiato said:
Num1dad_Asura said:

In other shows recently the female characters main and sometimes only appeal is that their either fanservice or moe material. Here they are actually useful and relevant to the overall goal and fun to watch without driving on the moe and fanservice card.
[/url]
Feb 16, 2013 4:04 AM

Dec 2012
I like it because of Izayoi, that guy is just badass lol. I don't mind the story either though, it's alright for me, and the bunny girl is awesome :>>

But for your answer, most of the hype is probably because of Izayoi, since he does not follow the trend of 'Wimpy MC trend with an overpowered female heroine'. So people tend to like it a lot.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Feb 16, 2013 6:17 AM

Aug 2012
For Kursousagi. That's about it.
Feb 16, 2013 8:29 AM
Aug 2012
Num1dad_Asura said:
Dessiato said:
Num1dad_Asura said:

In other shows recently the female characters main and sometimes only appeal is that their either fanservice or moe material. Here they are actually useful and relevant to the overall goal and fun to watch without driving on the moe and fanservice card.

You have yet to given me a reason or backbone to that argument.

I am positive the main male lead could of solved every problem on his own. He has shown power capable of crushing a world paralyzing blast.

As far as I have seen, we know nothing about black rabbit, she is literally walking otaku pandering.
Feb 16, 2013 9:01 AM

Aug 2012
There's this thing called opinions.
Feb 16, 2013 9:12 AM

Feb 2011
I guess it's cause people are tired of random weak protagonists walking around and we finally get a super overpowered protagonist and not one but 3 of them. Also we get a bunny girl that is some points for many since it is an uncommon element. The series hits a majority of points maintains a cheerful air most of the time and has a clear goal. my problem is only 10 episodes
Feb 16, 2013 10:13 PM

Oct 2009
Well, comparing OP protagonist that plummet their enemy single-handedly with weak protagonist that powered up after some progress is like comparing ridiculously rich guy throwing away money at the casino with a struggling middle class worker building their own company.

They both entertaining but have a significant different value one another.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Feb 17, 2013 9:01 PM

Sep 2008
The difference in score definitely comes from the male protag not being a pathetic loser for once like he would be in all of those 7.40 anime.
Feb 17, 2013 11:11 PM
Jan 2008
Num1dad_Asura said:

That is the most hilariously hypocritical statement I've ever seen regarding Mondaiji.

DarkFireblaze28 said:
Well for instance the main Character is Cool,Badass and not a complete wimp like all the animes main characters these days.

Can you guys please stop?

I definitely know more "badass/cool" characters than "wimpy/pathetic" characters this year, easily. In general, too. To everyone making this extremely silly statement; please stop making a fool of yourself. Wimpy main characters definitely don't form the majority in the anime industry.
Feb 18, 2013 4:07 AM

Oct 2012
The male protaganist is different.. but in a good way. I think it's awesome that he absolutely kicks ass. I keep watching for when he eventually becomes the overlord of the world muahahahaha

So yeah iz nize
Feb 18, 2013 1:13 PM
Aug 2012
TheUnknownOne said:
Num1dad_Asura said:

That is the most hilariously hypocritical statement I've ever seen regarding Mondaiji.

DarkFireblaze28 said:
Well for instance the main Character is Cool,Badass and not a complete wimp like all the animes main characters these days.

Can you guys please stop?

I definitely know more "badass/cool" characters than "wimpy/pathetic" characters this year, easily. In general, too. To everyone making this extremely silly statement; please stop making a fool of yourself. Wimpy main characters definitely don't form the majority in the anime industry.

preach on.

One dimensional characters are still one dimensional, I can't find entertainment in that for extended periods of time.
Feb 18, 2013 2:06 PM
Feb 2012
There's nothing worse than shallow responses, especially with the people that you "agree" with.

I can sum my dislike so far as simply not caring enough about the world these three kids have been thrown into or about the "games" they go through. Our protagonists have no personal stake in the world which they have arrived in and have little to no motivation besides being "bored". It doesn't help they're already talented, powerful people and don't have to struggle much.

How do you relate to someone like that?

It's like someone hired three mercenaries, but have the show focus mostly on the "game show" mechanics and local politics rather than develop the leads or make me care about the "no names".
Theo333Feb 18, 2013 2:13 PM
Feb 18, 2013 3:07 PM

Nov 2011
Theo333 said:

How do you relate to someone like that?

You only watch anime to be-able to relate to the characters?

Feb 18, 2013 3:20 PM
Jul 2012
niaxato said:
For me personally I really like Izayoi. He is not only a badass, but a confident badass at that. Much more refreshing than the stuttering, drooling idiot we normally get for male leads who get smacked around by all the girls and the bad guys until the last 30 secs of the last episode where they finally "power-up" and or gain some balls.

Granted I don't want to see him flawlessly winning every battle with his pinky toe, but right now I'm enjoying his take charge attitude.

This .
Feb 18, 2013 5:02 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Again, one of THOSE threads.

Why does people like this? Because people have different tastes. It's as simple as that. Not everyone wants to watch anime Shakespeare.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 18, 2013 7:56 PM

Oct 2012
ok, lemme speak for 80%+ of the responses. "Cause the MC is badass, blah blah blah, hes got balls blah blah blah, hes nothing like Wimply MCs from other anime blah blah blah". Now there's your answer.
Feb 21, 2013 4:36 PM

Jun 2011
Kerozinn said:
not realy liking or disliking this show sofar. its really nothing special but it also wasnt hyped into oblivion and it doesnt do really anything wrong. its kind of a brain off show for me.

as it is now its 6/10 at best.

Same, not liking nor disliking, gave it 5 though..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 25, 2013 12:17 AM

Dec 2012
-Crys said:
I'm 4 episodes into this and it doesn't look like a good anime at all. The Characters are stereotyped, the powers are random and the battles are lame. If this had like 7.40 id would be normal, but 7.90? I'd like to hear what people find in this, because I really see nothing good about this except for the gags and the Chara Design.

Well where do i start? First of all this anime is not suited for people who just, Oh fuck that (you) try to learn the story and watch the background, unless you don't know any of the meanings behind the story then i have nothing to say.
Feb 25, 2013 12:19 AM

Dec 2012
Kerozinn said:
not realy liking or disliking this show sofar. its really nothing special but it also wasnt hyped into oblivion and it doesnt do really anything wrong. its kind of a brain off show for me.

as it is now its 6/10 at best.

From your perspective...I would like to know the rating system you gave, also seems that you're a senpai from this site so lets be friends.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2013

196 by Fazewally »»
Apr 2, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2013

348 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 10, 2023 6:17 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2013

128 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 6, 2023 10:24 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2013

111 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 5, 2023 6:21 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2013

110 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 4, 2023 11:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.