Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 7, 2013 10:35 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, Kotoura moved in!

I lol'd @ that club meeting. Manabe and his yuri thoughts. Dem psychic powers. Also, that scene captured on the phone is hilarious. The festival part was also funny imo. Gogogo Kotoura-san.

My favorite scene of the episode, oh the eyebrows:

Feb 7, 2013 11:23 AM

Jan 2012
hilarious episode, laughed my way through the entire episode.

mori mori mori mori XD
Feb 7, 2013 11:23 AM

Aug 2010
Not bad ep...had some funny scenes XD

Nxt ep...obligatory beach ep hehe.

and don't forget...Mori Mori Mori
Feb 7, 2013 11:29 AM

Jan 2013
Very cute episode. I'm glad Manabe hasn't let Hiyori off the hook completely and still doesn't trust her.

Poor Haruka and her nose dive during the race. I wanted her to win.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Feb 7, 2013 11:38 AM

Dec 2009
Kotoura-san ended last episode.

Now it's just random stories.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 7, 2013 11:39 AM

Dec 2012
haha nice episode it was drama free this time
Feb 7, 2013 11:40 AM

May 2010
lovely episode.
that video with the spoon and tomato was awesome :D

5/5 ^^
Feb 7, 2013 11:42 AM

Sep 2012
Oh... no Drama.
Feb 7, 2013 11:55 AM
May 2011
I suddenly want to go out in public and pose in the Moritani style!
Lystria Densine
Chaotic Good, and misunderstood.
Feb 7, 2013 11:58 AM

Oct 2009
warlock_Lystria said:
I suddenly want to go out in public and pose in the Moritani style!

XD

P.s: 5/5 !
Feb 7, 2013 11:58 AM

Feb 2011
Funny as hell xD Well , nice change of pace anyway :D
Feb 7, 2013 12:03 PM

Aug 2010
Someone make a gif of Kotoura rolling around on the floor *puppyeyes*

This episode was cute, with the sleepover and all. Kotoura sleeping on Manabe was just made of win.

Also, Kotoura naked apron.... *nosebleed*

And lets not forget....

MORI!
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Feb 7, 2013 12:38 PM

Oct 2012
Ahaha, I laughed through the episode. Very cute, and humorous. Nice change of pace
Feb 7, 2013 12:52 PM

Jul 2010
Fun episode indeed. Although, I'm still expecting the Haruka's mother to show up sooner or later.
Feb 7, 2013 12:56 PM

May 2009
Did you get that reference?

Cronenberg's Scanners
Feb 7, 2013 1:06 PM

Oct 2008
SoL vibe, new ED, Beach EP coming up!! Mori!
Feb 7, 2013 1:12 PM

Jul 2010
bastek66 said:

Yes, that was a nice reference. Haruka's face after watching was priceless. Had to save it.

Feb 7, 2013 1:28 PM

Aug 2012
I couldn't do anything but laugh at this episode. Awesome.
[Insert any <<mori>> of your liking]
Feb 7, 2013 1:39 PM

Jul 2012
God I love this show, so hilarious.
Well now that the drama's mostly taken care of its time for episodic laughs eh? I wonder if there will be any more drama or romance by the end of it.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Feb 7, 2013 1:42 PM

Jan 2012
Hilarious episode. The sleepover was cute. Mori mori lol.

Feb 7, 2013 2:03 PM

Jun 2012
good episode
Feb 7, 2013 2:40 PM

Oct 2012
god i laughed so hard at the poster
another great episode indeed
Feb 7, 2013 2:44 PM

Jan 2013
lol this ep was great, poor Kotoura being unable to run worth anything. Also lol at the "bug".
Feb 7, 2013 3:13 PM
May 2012
yea i knew this show would go downhill after the last episode resolved it all...
just your mediocre slice of live romcom...
Feb 7, 2013 3:15 PM
Dec 2012
Surprising..
Feb 7, 2013 3:16 PM

Jun 2010
glad it was a funny episode. the Mori Mori post was heavenly and koutoura/manabe sleeping together was just too cute. but I don't know why I like Muroto-senpai best xD
Feb 7, 2013 3:22 PM
Oct 2009
Marow said:

The previous episode did feel like a last episode and all, lol.
Still, I don't mind if they keep it as fun as this episode! I enjoyed it very much!
Feb 7, 2013 3:22 PM

Feb 2012
Mori mori mori! Mori mori.. xD
Mori, mori mori mori.

Mo... 5/5.

bastek66 said:

Cronenberg's Scanners

Mori!
Feb 7, 2013 3:23 PM

Dec 2012
bastek66 said:

I laughed so damn hard at this. Scanners is one of my all time favorite movies. The fact that this show did a Scanners joke just made it my favorite this season!
Feb 7, 2013 3:24 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Raphow said:
yea i knew this show would go downhill after the last episode resolved it all...
just your mediocre slice of live romcom...
Yep, best not to waste your time with this anymore.
Feb 7, 2013 3:26 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
mora404 said:
I'm glad Manabe hasn't let Hiyori off the hook completely and still doesn't trust her.
+1 -- I didn't think he would. I okay if he warms up to her eventually, but I'm very glad he didn't just accept her.
Feb 7, 2013 3:35 PM
Aug 2011
Now this is what I like to see.
Feb 7, 2013 3:39 PM

Oct 2011
Finally something good - not drama just fun.
I was looking forward to it and it was nice to see: Mori-thing, club doing it's usuall werid stuff... I hope they will go this way and make it more hillarious. It was good but still there is room for improvement.
Feb 7, 2013 3:49 PM

Aug 2012
Love the new ED song and finally, No drama

MORI MORI MORI MORI
Feb 7, 2013 4:00 PM

Mar 2011
They were using it as a (very minor) plot device, but I'm going to pick on it anyway:
In that first scene in the clubroom, Kotoura casually reveals that Moritani secretly wants to be with Manabe, causing the cute tsundere reaction of Moritani. Right, about that, doesn't that show that despite everything that's happened in her life, that Kotoura has still not learned to show restraint when blurting out people's thoughts? People have defended her before saying she was just a child (which I might add is utter shit anyway), but she's now in highschool, and she's still a complete retard. People were so afraid of her because they were afraid she'd reveal they're secrets, and well, considering she does ALL THE TIME, can you not help but think Kotoura brought it upon herself time and time again?

On the topic of Moritani, she has changed so much, before people could just about hand wave some reason to her change, but her in this episode.... come on. Admit it, they completely changed her character, and not in any realistic fashion.

Okay, as for the episode....

Meh.
Feb 7, 2013 4:07 PM

Jan 2013
Im surprised so many people rated this a 5/5 even though there was no drama.
Good thing people still like it
Feb 7, 2013 4:15 PM

Jan 2013
Marow said:

I don't think so. I think this last episode showed more of the characters and how they interact with each other. The biggest thing is that Haruka now has friends. She was so cute rolling on the floor.

I'm sure there is more drama to come.
Feb 7, 2013 4:46 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
InfiniteRyvius said:
They were using it as a (very minor) plot device, but I'm going to pick on it anyway:
In that first scene in the clubroom, Kotoura casually reveals that Moritani secretly wants to be with Manabe, causing the cute tsundere reaction of Moritani. Right, about that, doesn't that show that despite everything that's happened in her life, that Kotoura has still not learned to show restraint when blurting out people's thoughts? People have defended her before saying she was just a child (which I might add is utter shit anyway), but she's now in highschool, and she's still a complete retard. People were so afraid of her because they were afraid she'd reveal they're secrets, and well, considering she does ALL THE TIME, can you not help but think Kotoura brought it upon herself time and time again?

On the topic of Moritani, she has changed so much, before people could just about hand wave some reason to her change, but her in this episode.... come on. Admit it, they completely changed her character, and not in any realistic fashion.
You won't get any push back from me. Overall I'm enjoying the show, but I do think it's shortchanging those two girls' characters.
CratexFeb 7, 2013 5:03 PM
Feb 7, 2013 5:04 PM

Jan 2013
InfiniteRyvius said:

Okay, as for the episode....

Meh.

I don't think any of the characters are very realistic. That's what makes this anime so cute.
Feb 7, 2013 5:14 PM

Nov 2012
Nice episode like usual.. Mori!
What's with the ending? I like it, but we're only 5 episodes in..
Feb 7, 2013 5:15 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
mora404 said:

I don't think any of the characters are very realistic. That's what makes this anime so cute.
That in and of itself is worth something. I blinked at how much Moritani changed, but it was offset by Manabe wanting her to keep her distance regardless. I'll agree Kotoura is being very dense, but how many anime feature incredibly dense male characters obvious to the advances of the girl(s) in their life for 20+ episodes? Maybe, just maybe, now that she has friends who are willing to be honest with her and do things like tell her to NOT blurt out such things just as Moritani did there (instead of, say, accusing her of lying) then maybe Kotoura will be able to learn.
Feb 7, 2013 5:36 PM

Mar 2011
Cratex said:
mora404 said:

That in and of itself is worth something. I blinked at how much Moritani changed, but it was offset by Manabe wanting her to keep her distance regardless. I'll agree Kotoura is being very dense, but how many anime feature incredibly dense male characters obvious to the advances of the girl(s) in their life for 20+ episodes? Maybe, just maybe, now that she has friends who are willing to be honest with her and do things like tell her to NOT blurt out such things just as Moritani did there (instead of, say, accusing her of lying) then maybe Kotoura will be able to learn.

@Mora404, it's fine if they were just being cute, but when they force drama down our throats with the characters acting unrealistically then it's a problem.

@Cratex
First, just because some anime are worse (i.e. the ones with the dense male mc) doesn't mean this isn't bad. I don't like those anime for stupid characters, and I don't like it here.

Also.... hah no. I'd be pretty horrified if literally no one at any point in Kotoura's childhood told her that maybe she shouldn't just blurt things from their minds out. Also, it's not exactly the hardest thing to work out, "People are scared of me as the fear I will reveal their secrets, so, just maybe, I should try to NOT REVEAL THEIR SECRETS". Argue all you want about a child not getting it, but someone in highschool? JUST NO.
Feb 7, 2013 5:37 PM

Jan 2013
Cratex said:
mora404 said:

When you think of someone who has basically spent her life in isolation it makes sense that she would not have learned how to deal with her issues. Instead of learning how to not blurt out people's private thoughts she stayed away from them. Now that she has friends who will not run away from her I think her character will definitely grow for the better. I don't think of Kotoura as dense but naive.
Feb 7, 2013 5:44 PM

Aug 2012
Mori mori mori!
Feb 7, 2013 6:05 PM

Jan 2013
InfiniteRyvius said:
Cratex said:
mora404 said:

@Mora404, it's fine if they were just being cute, but when they force drama down our throats with the characters acting unrealistically then it's a problem.

@Cratex
First, just because some anime are worse (i.e. the ones with the dense male mc) doesn't mean this isn't bad. I don't like those anime for stupid characters, and I don't like it here.

Also.... hah no. I'd be pretty horrified if literally no one at any point in Kotoura's childhood told her that maybe she shouldn't just blurt things from their minds out. Also, it's not exactly the hardest thing to work out, "People are scared of me as the fear I will reveal their secrets, so, just maybe, I should try to NOT REVEAL THEIR SECRETS". Argue all you want about a child not getting it, but someone in highschool? JUST NO.

There are tons of high school kids who are socially inept. Kotoura may be in high school but you have to admit that she acts more like a child in a lot of ways. I think she spent most of her alone time wallowing in her pain/past that she never fully realized she could solve her problem just by practicing self-control. Alas if she did that we wouldn't have much of a show.
Feb 7, 2013 6:19 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
InfiniteRyvius said:
Also.... hah no. I'd be pretty horrified if literally no one at any point in Kotoura's childhood told her that maybe she shouldn't just blurt things from their minds out.
As would I. But I definitely think part of the premise of this show is that in this world that is just exactly what happened.

InfiniteRyvius said:
Also, it's not exactly the hardest thing to work out, "People are scared of me as the fear I will reveal their secrets, so, just maybe, I should try to NOT REVEAL THEIR SECRETS".
And I think that's where the disconnect is - I don't see any evidence that Kotoura ever actually made that very connection.

InfiniteRyvius said:
Argue all you want about a child not getting it, but someone in highschool? JUST NO.
And this, I think, is the root of the problem - this is a story that is taking some issues and concepts and stretching them way out of normal proportions. I don't see it as being meant to be strictly realistic (though as mora404@ says there are plenty of examples of kids in high school being total social outcast, some with very real traumatic past), any more than say a story about girls becoming magical girls and getting their power from picture books so they can save the world from a Bad End is supposed to be realistic. I'm Okay accepting the show's premise and letting the story run it's course.
Feb 7, 2013 6:35 PM
Jun 2008
well kotoura is back in with all good & now hiyori join esp club sure by using her dojo skill to join yea they take it now party home welcome to kotoura's place.

so have house fixing, cooking with hiyori got bad cook moves, manabe pery mind, movie with explode tomato, & nap time with kotoura on manabe.

morning kotoura get phone pic of her on manabe from mifune & manabe give pic of hiyori doing the mori pose.

now for class pe event kotoura got relay run so before that training time for kotoura for event give all work & manbe get everyone support kotoura.

well she tried & but fall give the esp club still support kotoura day end mori pose with kotoura got box'd end.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Feb 7, 2013 6:40 PM

Sep 2012
Arukan said:
Oh... no Drama.
And about time.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 7, 2013 6:46 PM

Aug 2012
Though I tend to agree that its a bit ridiculous she doesnt seem to have a filter on what thoughts she reacts/responds to, if you go to the 'disappointed for real reasons' thread you'll find that dead horse beaten beyond recognition.
Feb 7, 2013 7:45 PM
Jul 2018
Ha What can I say good episode and I enjoyed it, and now Moritani is on good terms with Kotoura. Goodie!

Plus Bonus for this Episode LOL
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2013

210 by _untitled »»
Mar 25, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

272 by SereniTeaHive »»
Mar 22, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2013

196 by SereniTeaHive »»
Mar 22, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jan 17, 2013

299 by _untitled »»
Mar 11, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GotenSakurauchi - Jan 10, 2013

456 by _untitled »»
Mar 4, 8:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.