Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 7, 2013 8:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, about time that Akane meets Rei. What a strange girl though tbh. Yum, that food at they're eating together sure looks delicious.

I guess Rei is a kind girl despite that outer surface image of her's. And a speaking crow? That's news to me. It looks like she's got pretty good combat skills as well swinging around like that and using a gun. Good idea not to piss her off.

Feb 7, 2013 9:10 AM

Sep 2012
"Homura" Rei is finally the focus ;-)
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 7, 2013 10:51 AM

Nov 2008
*Put the crow on the top of the evil that should die list for this season* the way she's treating nice and quiet Rei is unacceptable, she needs to die quickly. I didn't know Akane and Momo's mother is still alive and she is in pretty good spirits despite being bedridden.

Feb 7, 2013 5:18 PM

Jul 2010
Hoping the discs will destream the shower scene with Rei. I'm expecting at least some bare ass.
Feb 7, 2013 7:59 PM

Aug 2012
I love the beginning, best way to start a show...
Finally a scene of Momo at the end. I didn't know their father died from that accident.
That crow should die, exploiting a girl to do evil deeds while controlling her.
I thought there was going to be a 5th key but no the key wasn't special at all.
Feb 7, 2013 8:50 PM
Jul 2018
I didn't even know Akane's Mom was awake in the hospital, I was thinking she was in a coma or something.

Plus a good ending and as always Good Episode.

Also REI, REI, REI!

Mod edit: spoilered big image
koleareFeb 12, 2013 9:16 AM
Feb 7, 2013 9:43 PM

Aug 2012
Rei > Wakaba > Momo > Akane > Himawari > Aoi
BrownSlushFeb 7, 2013 9:47 PM
Feb 7, 2013 9:54 PM

Sep 2012
An amazing episode.
Rei was badass using that gun and dealing with the robots.
Feb 7, 2013 10:21 PM

Jan 2009
they said that episode 5 is the turning point of this series, that was a relief i thought their will be major deaths, i exaggerated too much about the turning point XD
Feb 8, 2013 12:14 AM

May 2012
Rei has been my fave character since episode 1, So i loved this episode. Oh and screw that bird.
Feb 8, 2013 12:48 AM

Nov 2012
I thought it was a pretty decent episode, despite not TOO much happening.
I feel like Rei is being tricked and will end up getting nothing from that bird.
And the ending scene was just so cute! aaaa <3
Cant wait to see what'll happen in the next episodes.
Feb 8, 2013 1:28 AM

Dec 2012
Being Rei is suffering :(
Feb 8, 2013 1:40 AM

Aug 2012
We Homu now.
Feb 8, 2013 2:32 AM

Aug 2010
Finally, my favorite girl got some focus, and she can seriously kick some ass (no pun intended...well maybe just a little) even without "dokkingou". I do look forward to that moment though. 4/5, nice ep overall.

I can't wait to make a BD screencap of this moment during the ED sequence, beautiful.
Feb 8, 2013 4:38 AM

Nov 2008
Another enjoyable episode 7 episodes left and 7 feather marks from the evil talking crow to mission...sexy girl shorts quite a fun episode - Honestly I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if those things or the 'evil talking crow' were what really 'destroyed' her world >.> actually id be surprised if they were not..

BrownSlush said:

Nah Wakaba is easily still on top - when you let a TALKING crow manipulate you into destroying a world you auto lose points besides Wakaba is .. Wakaba!
sirwenceFeb 8, 2013 4:41 AM
Feb 8, 2013 6:03 AM

Jan 2013
I wouldn't count her out on getting a Key, maybe next couple of eps, she strikes me as the Anti-hero late comer. I'm surprised her (the MC's) mom is still alive though.
Feb 8, 2013 6:05 AM

Jan 2011
Some backstory, nice!

So Rei.. Manipulated, Alien, Alternate Dimension or Time Traveller?
The last seems most likely, but given character design that would be such a rip off.

At least we know the Alone have one plus over Neroi. They are clearly an intelligence on par with Humans.
Though this does make me wonder.. why on earth (or wherever they come from) are they only ever sending one at a time to attack? (I always wonder this with these kinds of shows)
Feb 8, 2013 6:54 AM

Apr 2011
We finally get to know our mysterious school girl.

Seeing her blush is so cute. She also a fine ass. Gonna wait for the BD release hoping they uncensored the bath scene.
Feb 8, 2013 7:02 AM

Feb 2011
Kinda enjoyed this ep , still don't know why :D
Feb 8, 2013 8:11 AM
Aug 2009
That character design, the use of firearms and explosives, the whole "I come from a different dimension/timeline and need to set things right" backstory... it's all beginning to seem vaguely familiar...

Also,

GUN SAFETY 101: It is perfectly safe to store a loaded firearm in your underwear.

Regardless, I enjoyed myself. Was amusing, at least, and shows a (rather meagre) attempt at character development.

On another note, Akane's laughter is SO ANNOYING.
Feb 8, 2013 8:20 AM

Aug 2012
hmmm okay, this is probably another time traveling shit , but .. we'll see how this will play out
Feb 8, 2013 8:41 AM
Aug 2011
BrownSlush said:

Wow. What shit taste
Are those the ass rankings btw.....

Akane = Aoi = Wakabe = Himawari = Rei = Momo
Feb 8, 2013 9:31 AM

Jan 2008
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
BrownSlush said:

Wow. What shit taste
Are those the ass rankings btw.....

Akane = Aoi = Wakabe = Himawari = Rei = Momo

And you must be color blind :/
Feb 8, 2013 9:37 AM
Feb 2013
I don't think that Rei actually did any time/universe traveling. I think the "they" we're just able to tell she'd do anything to see her friends and family again and tricked her with a false reality to get her to help. But I'm really happy she turned out to be a not completely bad guy though. 5/5 for this episode. Rei = Wakaba = Himawari < Akane < Aoi
Feb 8, 2013 9:52 AM

Aug 2012
The beginning of this episode reminded me of the first episode of Blue Drop
Feb 8, 2013 10:24 AM
Feb 2009
himawari, u r not in the position to say rei is weird... o.o
oblivious is a bliss
Feb 8, 2013 10:42 AM

May 2012
Another great episode~
Akane -> Wakaba -> Momo -> Aoi -> Himawari -> Rei
for me

I was pretty surprised to learn their mom was alive too. I thought it was already pretty clear their dad was dead though?

I'm really curious just what is up with Rei, it's a bit confusing.
EDIT
Though they're all great characters~ I was just ranking who I liked the most in order and stuff. All of them are great though!
Feb 8, 2013 10:50 AM

Apr 2009
Rei = Fate + Homuhomu
Feb 8, 2013 11:22 AM

May 2012
yeah decent episode. visually and plot minded. still what's up with these unnecessary 'panty-shots' or ecchi elements? unfitting imo, but yet amusing xD
Feb 8, 2013 12:10 PM

Apr 2010
The serious and logical question would be where does a junior High school girl managed to obtain a MP 5 sub machine gun.
I have to say that the guns where pretty detailed the MP 5 was the classical and the gun was Five-seveN if i am not mistaken.

Seriousness aside it was a pretty nice episode it makes me wonder how Akane can always be so happy tho.
Even infront of Rei who seemed rather pessimistic she is being deceived and i hope she will realise that anytime soon but it will probably happen near the end of the anime.
It was sad seeing her living room and the part where the world she came from isn't around anymore is even worse hope she will manage to overcome her hardships.

Akane's family looked like a really nice family and a very nice last scene this episode.
Feb 8, 2013 1:35 PM

Oct 2009
SciFi said:
Some backstory, nice!

The last seems most likely, but given character design that would be such a rip off.

At least we know the Alone have one plus over Neroi. They are clearly an intelligence on par with Humans.
Though this does make me wonder.. why on earth (or wherever they come from) are they only ever sending one at a time to attack? (I always wonder this with these kinds of shows)

Looks like she's from another world, where another Manifestor Engine also existed. But then they exploded and destroying her world some way and another, along with everyone she cared of. Now she was manipulated by some higher being that says can 'recreate' the world, she must destroy the Manifestor Engine and destroy Akane's world first, in return they would recreate her world.

Her key is probably similar to Akane's, remember the scene where the girls transformed, it was actually a key that opens something (power authorization?) that somehow has connection with Manifestor Engine.

Now, the Manifestor engine itself is a mystery. It is impossible to generate that much energy without some fallback. Looks like the Manifestor Engine is too good to be true. This in return, perhaps, has a connection to what reason that Alone wants it destroyed. Perhaps causing imbalances in the alternate universe.

Some astrophysics suggests that, dark matter and dark energy in our universe maybe caused by interaction with another dimension that we cannot observe. Perhaps, in this theories professor Isshiki managed to tap those power, but in return the system from the other side is collapsing because of it.

Meh, too much reading sci-fi.

TL;DR version: Momo as cute as always.
azzuReFeb 8, 2013 1:39 PM
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Feb 8, 2013 3:05 PM

Feb 2012
Well you can't be friends with everyone dear Akane (tho at the end you probably will).

But still nice new info about the "evil" girl.
Feb 8, 2013 4:05 PM

Jun 2012
Not bad, although it didn't show the action with the Alone..
I like her bow, it looks really cool.
4/5.

Feb 8, 2013 5:47 PM

Jul 2012
SciFi said:
Some backstory, nice!

u think so? it can be, this is already pretty cliched
and how i can watch some deep backstory while watching an loli ass in hot pans ,distracts me :I
also every time i see akane and mayo i scream "THAT'S A LOT OF MAYO!" with kung pow trader's voice lol
Feb 8, 2013 5:51 PM

Apr 2011
The ending song is nice, but sad at the same time.
Feb 8, 2013 6:10 PM

Feb 2012
Was anyone else reminded of Mission Impossible during Rei's action scene?
Feb 8, 2013 11:29 PM

Nov 2011
I'm thinking she's from either another dimension or a parallel universe, and the Manifestor Engine becoming active on Earth somehow triggered the destruction of her own world, so she has to destroy ours to save hers. Interesting dilemma.

Also - Kyuubey Raven, Homura-chan vibes, etc.

PS: Last week I compared Himawari to Frau from Robotics;Notes, and this week:

Feb 9, 2013 2:54 AM
Feb 2012
This show reminds me of a certain anime from 2011... the only difference is that this one uses the word 'naked' too much.
No but seriously- it's fun to watch. It even looks like there might be a watchable plot hidden somewhere.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 9, 2013 7:09 AM

Apr 2011
Episode 6 is gonna be a beach episode!!!

>> http://www.vividred.net/next/06.html

Himawari chan is Ultra cute!

BBCode still doesn't work for me...sigh
MagitoFeb 9, 2013 7:13 AM
Feb 9, 2013 8:06 AM

Jul 2010
Predictably Rei really isn't a bad person herself. She has some kind of contract where she has to help these Alone.

Feb 9, 2013 9:40 AM
May 2010
azzuRe said:
SciFi said:
Some backstory, nice!

Looks like she's from another world, where another Manifestor Engine also existed. But then they exploded and destroying her world some way and another, along with everyone she cared of. Now she was manipulated by some higher being that says can 'recreate' the world, she must destroy the Manifestor Engine and destroy Akane's world first, in return they would recreate her world.

Her key is probably similar to Akane's, remember the scene where the girls transformed, it was actually a key that opens something (power authorization?) that somehow has connection with Manifestor Engine.

Now, the Manifestor engine itself is a mystery. It is impossible to generate that much energy without some fallback. Looks like the Manifestor Engine is too good to be true. This in return, perhaps, has a connection to what reason that Alone wants it destroyed. Perhaps causing imbalances in the alternate universe.

Some astrophysics suggests that, dark matter and dark energy in our universe maybe caused by interaction with another dimension that we cannot observe. Perhaps, in this theories professor Isshiki managed to tap those power, but in return the system from the other side is collapsing because of it.

Meh, too much reading sci-fi.

TL;DR version: Momo as cute as always.

Wow, same theory here, save minor differences in detail. The Manifestor Engine did seem too good to be true, and I was calling BS when they said it solved energy problems. Maybe it 'sucks' energy (and whatever else resources) from the other world that the Alones came from, causing their world to brink on collapse. The Alones would then have a reason, as soldiers, to defend their own world and attack the Engine. To be honest, if the story really was going to develop in this direction, the ecchi element was unnecessary (though it could be a ploy to distract the viewer and lower his guard).

I was waiting forever for the anime to introduce the 'mysterious villain character' Rei since up until now the story was not really developing much. Same old, same old every time: new girl, new 'docking', more fanservice, monster destroyed in one shot. This episode decided it for me, hinting at a potential plot twist later on. Going to continue catching it now.
Feb 9, 2013 11:07 AM

Mar 2011
In standard maho-shoujo fashion the hero's and the misguided villain are all friends at school! Yey!

Could do with some good combat next episode as this one was mainly for Rei's introduction!
Feb 10, 2013 4:27 AM

Sep 2012
Magito said:
And the title is super-long:
"The episode where Kenjiro (grandpa) wanted to strengthen the Friendship Power of Akane and the girls but then things turned out of hand"

LOL LOL LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 10, 2013 10:25 AM

Sep 2012
Mogami-kun said:
Finally, my favorite girl got some focus, and she can seriously kick some ass (no pun intended...well maybe just a little) even without "dokkingou". I do look forward to that moment though. 4/5, nice ep overall.

Yeah, made it 4/5 due to lack of Vivid Black Operation!

With all the fanservice I _will_ enjoy the beach episode next week but... in a 12 episode series it seems rather short to include one, hopefully it doesn't take up the whole thing. That's what the OVAs are for!!!

symbv said:
Magito said:
"The episode where Kenjiro (grandpa) wanted to strengthen the Friendship Power of Akane and the girls but then things turned out of hand"

LOL LOL LOL

That isn't too bad. There are light novels with titles longer than that nowadays... seriously what is up with the light novel titles?!?
hpulleyFeb 10, 2013 10:32 AM
Feb 10, 2013 4:18 PM

Oct 2009
l0l1n470r said:

Wow, same theory here, save minor differences in detail. The Manifestor Engine did seem too good to be true, and I was calling BS when they said it solved energy problems. Maybe it 'sucks' energy (and whatever else resources) from the other world that the Alones came from, causing their world to brink on collapse. The Alones would then have a reason, as soldiers, to defend their own world and attack the Engine. To be honest, if the story really was going to develop in this direction, the ecchi element was unnecessary (though it could be a ploy to distract the viewer and lower his guard).

I was waiting forever for the anime to introduce the 'mysterious villain character' Rei since up until now the story was not really developing much. Same old, same old every time: new girl, new 'docking', more fanservice, monster destroyed in one shot. This episode decided it for me, hinting at a potential plot twist later on. Going to continue catching it now.

What do you mean ecchi is unnecessary? with this show having too much innuendo in naming things, without ecchi would be an insult to the viewers!
(This show has the same director and character designer with Strike Witches so I kinda expecting it) :3
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Feb 10, 2013 10:10 PM

Apr 2011
symbv said:
Magito said:

LOL LOL LOL

Or it can be just an excuse so he can see his granddaughter and her friends in swimsuits. lol
Feb 10, 2013 10:32 PM

Apr 2012
the ecchi element was unnecessary [2]
Feb 11, 2013 1:42 PM

Aug 2011
alright how many of you are watching for the "plot"
Feb 11, 2013 2:36 PM

Sep 2012
suzuha said:
alright how many of you are watching for the "plot"

The 'back' story LOL

But really, it is a fun show! Simplicity. Fun. Cute. Happy. Enjoyable. What more does it need to be? It is a nice escape from reality for 24 minutes a week.
Feb 12, 2013 6:47 AM

Sep 2012
so I guess Rei is from the future? @@

another sad fate girl as Homura T.T
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

207 by Azullion1 »»
Oct 30, 2022 11:11 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

bippo - Mar 28, 2013

170 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 9:10 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

115 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 8:26 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

84 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 7:34 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

71 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.