Forum Settings
Forums

One Hour Crossover Special of Toriko, One Piece and Dragon Ball Z Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 7, 2013 2:34 PM

Oct 2009
I couldn't get into Toriko. I really wanted to. The original hour-long special thing that was essentially just the first episode was really cool and I was excited and anxiously waiting for a long time, but then the show itself was nowhere near it in quality and everything felt lazy and boring. It might be better now, but I can't be bothered to check it out again. Unfortunate.

That said, I like these crossovers, because I still think Toriko is an awesome character, as well as the rest of the main group.
Mar 7, 2013 3:01 PM

Aug 2010
I'll watch this just for the Dragon Ball parts, I guess.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Mar 9, 2013 7:59 AM

Jan 2013
This will be soooo awesome! Can't wait!
Wise shit.
Mar 13, 2013 9:56 PM

Feb 2013
"reads about epic battle between zoro and vegeta and zebra and team fight with luffy, goku and toriko, balls drops" holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy fuck!!!!!!!!
Mar 14, 2013 2:17 PM

Sep 2011
Ehh Toriko...I love the idea of Dragon Ball and One Piece. Haven't they done like 3 of these with Toriko....would have rather seen Bleach or Naruto thrown in there instead of Toriko.

I would love Toriko if they added more females and got rid of Komatsu I stopped reading it because I couldn't stand how annoying he gets. The anime adaptation is pretty terrible with the ridiculous amount of censoring.
Mar 31, 2013 12:57 AM

Jul 2012
Im only gonna watch this for One piece and Dbz Epicness but I really hope it doesn't just focus on Toriko and food because we need some badass fight scenes even though Goku will kick everything and anythings ass without breaking a sweat , I also hope they show all characters from each series not just Goku,Luffy and Toriko, I wanna see Krillin vs usopp XD (Yes I know Krillin would win)
Apr 1, 2013 1:28 PM

Apr 2011
Is there a page for this yet? Cause I haven't seen it since the news came out... o.0
Apr 1, 2013 1:39 PM

Oct 2009
oh, sounds nut bad (●´I`●)
no signature. it's a pain in the butt.
Apr 2, 2013 3:38 AM

Sep 2011
Really Nice!!
looking forward to it.
Apr 2, 2013 5:02 AM
Mar 2013
This looks like an awesome crossover between all three shows. You know there will be an eating contest in this special for sure. Or at least I hope so.
Apr 2, 2013 7:36 AM

Nov 2010
djddueces said:
This looks like an awesome crossover between all three shows. You know there will be an eating contest in this special for sure. Or at least I hope so.
Well it's going to have the three largest eaters in all shounens and there will be a cooking contest, so there's going to be eating.
Apr 2, 2013 8:11 AM

Feb 2008
Hopefully it won't be low budget like that Toriko x One Piece special. Man, it was eyecancer QUALITY.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 6, 2013 9:08 AM
May 2012
looking forward to this collaboration. xD
Apr 6, 2013 9:30 AM
Jan 2013
I'm a tad bit annoyed they will obviously gimp the dbz characters for this BUT I think this is awesome and I can't wait to see Goku & Luffy interact tonight lol! They will fight at a tournament as well. Should be interesting.
Apr 6, 2013 9:36 AM

Apr 2013
Sounds awesome! Didn't really expect the crossover, curious to see the interaction between Luffy and Goku. Can't wait!!
~ Moshi Moshi ~
Apr 6, 2013 9:32 PM

Nov 2010
Is there a page for it yet? I can't find one and it's already out.
Apr 6, 2013 9:36 PM

Jul 2012
It's been postponed, according to Watchop.
IntroverTurtle said:
Konbu is important
Apr 6, 2013 9:40 PM

Nov 2011
Does sound kinda cool but I've never watched Toriko...

Still won't hold high hopes for it because most crossovers are terrible.
Apr 6, 2013 9:44 PM

Nov 2010
amichaaan said:
IntroverTurtle said:
What do you mean it's been postponed? I'm watching it right now.
Apr 6, 2013 9:47 PM

Jul 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
amichaaan said:
IntroverTurtle said:

link please. lol why would watchop lie?
Konbu is important
Apr 6, 2013 9:52 PM

Jan 2013
Not sure if one of the best things ever...or horrible beyound words.
Apr 6, 2013 9:52 PM

Nov 2010
amichaaan said:
IntroverTurtle said:
amichaaan said:
IntroverTurtle said:

link please. lol why would watchop lie?
Well it's raw and not on watchop, you still want it?

RedArmyShogun said:
Not sure if one of the best things ever...or horrible beyound words.
It was ok.... I guess. Fans of the shows should like it, but it definitely wasn't great, at least to me.
Apr 6, 2013 9:59 PM

Jul 2012
IntroverTurtle said:

Ohh, no thanks. Do you understand Japanese, or don't you care?
Konbu is important
Apr 6, 2013 10:00 PM

Jan 2013
inb4 1 year to translate

can u believe film z still isnt subbed...
Apr 6, 2013 10:01 PM

Nov 2010
amichaaan said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Ohh, no thanks. Do you understand Japanese, or don't you care?
I can understand enough Japanese.

And I just figured it out, it's actually considered Toriko's 99th episode and One Piece's 590th, so there's not going to be a separate entry.

ibrahim2712 said:
inb4 1 year to translate

No it's considered episodes, so it should be subbed soon.

And it's probably out there subbed, at least the camrip is. You'll have to wait a while for the dvd.
Apr 7, 2013 12:00 AM

Apr 2013
Can't wait to see this. I'm a huge DBZ fan and just started watching OP. I'm sure there will be some good comedy. Also love Vegeta so i'm glad he's included.

Apr 7, 2013 10:26 AM

Aug 2008
Where is this on MAL?
Apr 7, 2013 10:36 AM

Nov 2010
thyyg said:
Where is this on MAL?
The fist half is considered Toriko's 99th episode and the second part is OP's 590th episode. So there's no separate entry.
Apr 7, 2013 12:14 PM

Jul 2009
@Jin_Atawkuheo, unfortunately Vegeta has a small, really minor role. All he does is: "Garlic-Ho" xDDD, But you'll see.
Apr 7, 2013 12:20 PM

Nov 2010
vegeta391 said:
@Jin_Atawkuheo, unfortunately Vegeta has a small, really minor role. All he does is: "Garlic-Ho" xDDD, But you'll see.
Yeah Vegeta, Zoro, and Zebra, are barely in it.
Apr 7, 2013 12:36 PM

Apr 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
vegeta391 said:

Hey even if it's a small part that doesn't bother me. Atleast they make a cameo right?

Apr 7, 2013 12:50 PM

Nov 2010
Jin_Atawkuheo said:
IntroverTurtle said:
vegeta391 said:

Hey even if it's a small part that doesn't bother me. Atleast they make a cameo right?
Yeah it shows them for a minute or two and then for like 10 seconds near the end.
Apr 7, 2013 2:21 PM

Aug 2011
ibrahim2712 said:
inb4 1 year to translate

The Blu Ray isn't even out yet...

It is to be released 13th July in the summer.
Apr 7, 2013 11:26 PM

Feb 2013
yhunata said:
Tupac said:
I'm cool with DBZ and One Piece coming together, but Toriko can get the fuck out.

I'm not too fond of that either, mainly because Toriko looks hideous. Why couldn't it be someone else? Hell, even Naruto would've been better.

Woah Woah Woah, you want to replace Toriko, the manliest of men, with Naruto?
GTFO
Apr 8, 2013 2:28 AM

Mar 2011
Goku must have 1 shotted them.
Apr 8, 2013 8:06 AM

Nov 2010
Icebreaker93 said:
Goku must have 1 shotted them.
Yeah the OP forgot to mention that it was only a 3 minute crossover, goku and the other people from that universe killed everyone.
Apr 8, 2013 10:05 AM

Sep 2011
Kayro said:

And because Toriko is extremely popular, both manga and anime wise (manga is currently in God tier btw).

Yeah I never understood how it got so popular. I don't think its "god tier" or anything like that. Since Toei picked it up they have been trying to force it down everyone's throats and make it as popular as possible. I don't hate the manga (the anime adaptation is terrible imo) but it feels like its a decent manga that gets way too much attention for doing nothing different. I mean if we take away the power up via food elements from it, its nothing more than a poor mans "uglier" Dragon ball. Its got its moments for sure but its really not that great. This is nothing more than a marketing scheme by Toei, which is why they didn't include Naruto or Ichigo.

This special was definitely better than One Piece x Toriko cross over.
Apr 8, 2013 12:07 PM
Oct 2009
hehe... you guys... why all the Toriko hate?

Do people want generic shounen heroes that much? did u guys not get bored of naruto, ichigo, natsu, gon, goku, and those stereotypes? is it that bad to see some main hero a mature 'non-teenager'? and is it that bad to see an actually really 'smart' muscular main character for a change? why do fans just want the usual silly 15 year old, weak, generic kid who keeps spouting 'nakama this nakama that'? I mean, wasn't Hokuto no Ken awesome? wasn't Jojo brilliant? Toriko just merged the badass 80s muscular men, with the modern shounen.

Toriko IS really popular in japan, and its weekly Jump ratings speak volumes about it, no doubt. no matter how nice the advertising is, the series IS good, otherwise advertising won't work. there is NOTHING called "forcing a show that I became popular". we're not kids here who go like "oh, mommy, they're forcing me to eat poison so much that i started liking the poison, and it became popular between us babies". It doesn't work that way. if something became popular, that means people loved it, and it just means the advertising helped INTRODUCE it to fans who didn't know about it.

in terms of Jump ratings, it ranks up there in the first 3 or 4, a LOT. (check the ratings if u don't believe me). and in terms of sales, it was from the top 5 or so I think in 2011, and is the 11th in 2012, which is really good (not as much as long running stuff, but still awesome).

and btw, what's wrong with advertising a series? heck, they wouldn't even have made this or the previous 2 crossovers if not to celebrate the Toriko anime entering a new year. so what if it's being heavily advertised? did fans step up from 'enjoying' stuff, to 'looking into marketing and business"? Oh, please...

or is it jealousy? is it the sorta "ahh, toriko doesn't deserve a spot with those high-class characters, blablabla?" or is it the sorta "why did this become more popular than bleach so suddenly?" Spare me this, guys. there ARE some people who LOATHE a series called naruto, bleach, OP, dbz, etc... how would u like if they said "what the heck is luffy doing there with goku?"

just so u know, this special is both, heavy advertisement for Toriko, AND the DBZ movie. and just so u know, there DO exist some people who LOVE the series called Toriko, and it is a fact that without heavy advertisement these days, series like Toriko wouldn't continue. Just be happy u got ur, whatever dose of dbz and onepiece, because of toriko, and let the fans be happy they got their toriko dose, too.

just watch it with no 'series competition' and hatred in mind before judging, and if u already did and didn't like it, it doesn't mean it's bad. Damn, I said too much... :)
Apr 10, 2013 7:58 AM

Nov 2010
Yes because from the beginning, it was really Toriko episode 99 and One Piece episode 590. It shouldn't have been a separate entry.
Apr 10, 2013 7:59 AM

Apr 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
Yes because from the beginning, it was really Toriko episode 99 and One Piece episode 590. It shouldn't have been a separate entry.

That makes no sense. It should be its own special.

Now once again the episode numbers will get all screwed up since just like the first special, the fansubbers for Toriko will just have the next episode as 99.

Plus, the point of the database is convenience, which is why episode 13 OVAs for shows have their own separate listing. What about a Dragon Ball fan who doesn't watch One Piece or Toriko? How will he put it in? Or someone who watches One Piece but not Toriko?
RyanSaotomeApr 10, 2013 8:05 AM

Apr 11, 2013 12:45 AM

Oct 2007
Late reply.

ShiroiRyu said:
I think some links need to be gave :

http://weeklyjump.livejournal.com/

So some guys can try to read and learn how the votes are going for Toriko ?
Crappy ? Hum, no.
You don't like it so it's crappy ? Yep.
Trying to be objective on this forum ? "Hell, no, i'm not giving a f***"

So you can continue to cry and wrote your hate on this topic, facts will not change :

Toriko is fighting in the best ranks of the Jump polls.
He beat Naruto and Bleach a lot of time. (He did that to One Piece some times but it's very rare)).
It's like hating Assassination Classroom and saying it's crap ... but look at the poll.
Do Ansatsu have a bad rank ? Nope.

Yes, guys like you are in the old generation of manga, with Naruto/Bleach/One piece. But now, it's 10 years ago (Near 14 for One Piece), you have to understand the next generation of Shonen in Jump will be lead by Toriko, followed by Sket Dance and Gintama (i just speak about manga who have a lot of volumes).

You don't like this idea ? Like hell i don't care. It's just the facts.
Like i hate Haruhi but i have to knew it's a good anime. <_< (and i really hate it)
I think some common sense is needed:

http://weeklyjump.livejournal.com/

Can some of you guys try to think about how the votes are going for Toriko?
Is Toriko good? Hm, no.
Are brainwashed teenagers voting for it anyway? Yep.
Trying to be objective on this forum? "Hell no, I'm not giving a f***"

So you can continue to cry and write your hate on this topic, facts will not change:

Toriko is fighting in the best ranks of the Jump polls only because it has been shoved down everyone's throat since it started.
It beat Naruto and Bleach a lot of times, just like many other titles (it did that to One Piece some times but it's very rare).
It's completely different from Assassination Classroom which gained all its readers just with quality... look at the poll, AssClass is still ranking higher despite much less advertising, being shorter and being more niche.
Does Ansatsu have a bad rank? Nope.

Just because the next generation of Shonen in Jump will be lead by Toriko, followed by Sket Dance and Gintama (i just speak about manga who have a lot of volumes) doesn't mean it's an improvement, so don't force me to be happy about such a disappointing future in sight.

You don't like this idea? As if I care. These are just the facts.
Like I was kinda bored by Haruhi but I have to admit it's a good anime (I have no idea why it's relevant but whatever).

I also corrected some of your terrible punctuation.
Apr 11, 2013 1:02 AM

Oct 2007
zangetsukakashi said:
hehe... you guys... why all the Toriko hate?

Do people want generic shounen heroes that much?
Being different =/= being good. Refer to Aku no Hana anime.

zangetsukakashi said:
did u guys not get bored of naruto, ichigo, natsu, gon, goku, and those stereotypes?
Ichigo is completely different. Naruto and Goku are completely different. Natsu is somewhere in between.

zangetsukakashi said:
is it that bad to see some main hero a mature 'non-teenager'? and is it that bad to see an actually really 'smart' muscular main character for a change? why do fans just want the usual silly 15 year old, weak, generic kid who keeps spouting 'nakama this nakama that'?
I get it, you know absolutely nothing about Dragon Ball and Goku.

zangetsukakashi said:
Toriko IS really popular in japan, and its weekly Jump ratings speak volumes about it, no doubt. no matter how nice the advertising is, the series IS good, otherwise advertising won't work. there is NOTHING called "forcing a show that I became popular". we're not kids here who go like "oh, mommy, they're forcing me to eat poison so much that i started liking the poison, and it became popular between us babies". It doesn't work that way. if something became popular, that means people loved it, and it just means the advertising helped INTRODUCE it to fans who didn't know about it.
It speaks volumes about actual quality of Toriko. People vote for it on the impulse (battle shounen effect) but don't want to waste money buying it and choose actually good manga like Bakuman earlier or AssClass now.
Due to advertising millions of people are constantly reminded about existence of Toriko. It's only natural they'll check it out one day and (relatively) small (let's say 20% - attention - numbers from my ass) amount of them will like it (in the end it's more than million), everything is liked by some people after all. Toriko is much better known than AssClass but people are buying latter more.

I disliked Toriko since first chapters were released, your theory doesn't make any sense. Shameless advertising only strengthened this feeling.
ProgeuszApr 11, 2013 1:05 AM
Apr 11, 2013 5:13 AM
Oct 2009
- being different does NOT = being good, that's true, but a change is wanted, and plus, being the same = being bad, that's for sure.

- there is notihng called 'brainwashed fans'. everyone has his tastes

- naruto is completely different from luffy and natsu? r u sure? teenagers, idiots outside battle, always thinking of their nakama, inconsistently powering up like crazy only during certain battles.... r u sure?

- I wasn't talking about dbz there,,, and I did watch everything about dragonball. goku may not be a a kid, but he acts like one, and he is still the usual 'immature, idiot, nakama, power-ups, etcc.' only difference is that he's old. even his voice sounds younger than luffy's.

- nah, man. there is nothing called, "on impulse". assclass and bakuman getting more sales "SIMPLY" means people like those more. not that toriko is bad. fans are not blind kids who go with the trend. and toriko IS selling good numbers, not really high, and certainly not low. so ya, people love the manga.

- toriko's always been popular in jump, way before the anime started, right? also, doing some color pages for it isn't the same as "advertising millions of people". so ya, u can't argue it's not been popular in the manga by itself,, but sure it's being advertised in the anime, and that's normal. it's just that people nowadays would go for som'n like Shokugeki no souma and leave toriko. <<that says a lot.

and if like u said, a small number of people will like it (which really works when they do crossovers like those), that just proves my point that people were not introduced enough to toriko, and that if introduced more, more people will like it. naruto's been shoved up our faces since eternity, and I really do dislike it,,, a lot now. their way of marketing toriko just proves it's a kind of series that's hard for fans to think of trying out, cause as a shounen series, the main character is different.

would u call a not-known series bad, when people have yet to see it to decide if it's bad or not? I mean, u just said ""it's doing well in jump because it's being shoved down our throats"" and then u said ""with all that advertising, a 20% oughta try it and love it"". <<that just means that those 20% didn't know about it, and loved it. and if u haven't noticed yet, this crossover special was also there to advertise DBZ using Onepiece. ya, u can't argue with that. the dbz movie sales were not at all anywhere near the last Onepiece movies, so again, to boost views, they put goku there. it's not a problem at all.
zangetsukakashiApr 11, 2013 5:32 AM
Apr 11, 2013 8:12 AM

Jun 2007
BadWolf752 said:
yhunata said:
Tupac said:
I'm cool with DBZ and One Piece coming together, but Toriko can get the fuck out.

I'm not too fond of that either, mainly because Toriko looks hideous. Why couldn't it be someone else? Hell, even Naruto would've been better.

GTFO

Yeah.

Toriko (the character and the anime) sucks, Naruto is way better . (And I'm not a Naruto fan).

This was good but without Toriko (and Toriko's setting) it'd have been great.

BTW, "manliest of men" would be Kenshiro (Hokuto no Ken). Toriko is just a cheap ripoff.
Apr 11, 2013 8:33 AM

Oct 2007
edwarx said:
BTW, "manliest of men" would be Kenshiro (Hokuto no Ken). Toriko is just a cheap ripoff.
In Goku's clothes.
Apr 11, 2013 8:55 AM
Oct 2009
edwarx said:
BadWolf752 said:
yhunata said:
Tupac said:

GTFO

Yeah.

Toriko (the character and the anime) sucks, Naruto is way better . (And I'm not a Naruto fan).

This was good but without Toriko (and Toriko's setting) it'd have been great.

lolz. toriko just mixes the modern shounen style with that of the manly 80s'. just like goku was inspired by Kenshiro, toriko too was.
Apr 11, 2013 9:11 AM

Nov 2010
RyanSaotome said:
IntroverTurtle said:

That makes no sense. It should be its own special.

Now once again the episode numbers will get all screwed up since just like the first special, the fansubbers for Toriko will just have the next episode as 99.

Plus, the point of the database is convenience, which is why episode 13 OVAs for shows have their own separate listing. What about a Dragon Ball fan who doesn't watch One Piece or Toriko? How will he put it in? Or someone who watches One Piece but not Toriko?
No it makes perfect sense.

Those two episodes aired on their timeslots and for each part used the respective show's ost. Just like the previous crossovers.

I don't remember those episode numbers getting screwed up, it's quite simple.

Who said the point of the database is convenience? Yes but OVAs are made for dvd or home video, they are not aired at the same time the real episodes like those Toriko x One Piece crossovers. Now that, I admit is a con of having them as episodes. But I still believe everything else suggests that they are.
Apr 11, 2013 11:16 PM

Apr 2011
They should of added small things like Goku was wearing some sort of power reduction bands or restricted by the Shin Kaio to fight in this tournament, but I did love how Goku speed blitz Luffy. HAHA
Apr 14, 2013 10:05 AM

Jul 2008
can't find it page on MAL
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - 15 minutes ago

0 by Doshigatai »»
15 minutes ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
22 minutes ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

1 by deg »»
57 minutes ago

» 'Isekai Shikkaku' Reveals Supporting Cast Pair

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by DARM11 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

22 by ZXEAN »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.