Forum Settings
Forums

What would you like to see more of in anime?

New
Feb 5, 2013 3:51 PM

Aug 2009
Anime as most people know is extremely varied, from all sorts of time periods, people, genres, settings and atmospheres. So I guess what I'm asking is what you wish was more prevalent in anime?

For me it would definitely have to be vikings, there are no anime with a central theme of vikings and thats makes me very sad :( There are some with references to Nord mythology like Ah! My Goddess and Jormungand, but really no vikings at all in anime despite how fucking awesome they are. There is however Vinland Saga for manga and it's easily one of my favorite manga out there. I'm not aware of anything else out there though, so yeah we need more vikings.

The other thing I would like to see more of is chainsaws, the only anime in recent memory to have chainsaws is Kore wa zombie desu ka? Which is an ecchi harem =/ I remember some older anime having a few like Highlander and Violence Jack, but yeah chainsaws just don't seem to have a big presence in anime.

So yeah what you like to see more of?
LoneWolfFeb 6, 2013 6:52 AM

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 5, 2013 3:58 PM

Mar 2012
About archer. Nowdays action anime is about fist, magic, sword or gun. I want anime with the main character or main cast is an archer or about archery in general.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 5, 2013 4:01 PM

Aug 2010
Spaghetti western anime. (With a high budget)

I would still like to see a Harry Potter anime. As painful as it is to say that (I normally hate that stuff), I can see it working wonders if they make some tweaks and put their "Japanese twist" on it.
Feb 5, 2013 4:01 PM

Nov 2011
Mahjong anime.

Way to little of it.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Feb 5, 2013 4:03 PM
Nov 2010
NeoAnkara said:
About archer. Nowdays action anime is about fist, magic, sword or gun. I want anime with the main character or main cast is an archer or about archery in general.
like this?
Feb 5, 2013 4:05 PM

Mar 2012
Z-flame said:
NeoAnkara said:
like this?
Kagome is good example. Maybe the archer enchanted with magic.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 5, 2013 4:06 PM

Jan 2013
You know those episodes in Naruto where they seemed to switch to a completely different animation studio (example; Naruto vs Sasuke). I'd like to see more of that cinematic style action in anime. Also really well choreographed fight scenes and more descriptive posing (like that seen in Bakemonogatari).
SirPigeonFeb 5, 2013 4:10 PM
Feb 5, 2013 4:08 PM

Jan 2008
Z-flame said:
NeoAnkara said:
like this?

Ah I know of a short. It's about the archery club and the series pretty much revolves around a trap. Lol. The series itself is pretty bad though. o3o

ovoon7 said:
I would still like to see a Harry Potter anime. As painful as it is to say that (I normally hate that stuff), I can see it working wonders if they make some tweaks and put their "Japanese twist" on it.

Would be pretty cool.

Anyways, my current needs are pretty fulfilled, nothing really comes to mind at the moment.
Feb 5, 2013 4:09 PM

Feb 2012
More tragic endings and darker stories. Need more of them.
Feb 5, 2013 4:11 PM

Jun 2012
More of the Police genre. Really, I want more stuff like GitS: SAC.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Feb 5, 2013 4:11 PM

Mar 2012
Paul said:
Ah I know of a short. It's about the archery club and the series pretty much revolves around a trap. Lol. The series itself is pretty bad though. o3o
No thanks I don't need a trap right now.
Feb 5, 2013 4:14 PM

Oct 2012
Holybaptiser said:

I can't wait for Arise to come out, hopefully we get it soon after it does.

Feb 5, 2013 4:14 PM

Oct 2012
Holybaptiser said:

Are you waiting for Psycho-Pass to finish airing?

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Feb 5, 2013 4:16 PM

Jun 2012
Tavor said:
Holybaptiser said:

Yup. I only marathon series that are longer than 13 episodes. I made the mistake of trying to watch Bakuman 3 weekly and it's killing me.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Feb 5, 2013 4:17 PM

Aug 2012
-Remake of Mirai Nikki so they can fix some plotholes/issues and things like dat
-moar comedy-drama-romance-slice of life-school shows! cuz i love them
Feb 5, 2013 4:17 PM

Oct 2012
Holybaptiser said:
Tavor said:
Holybaptiser said:

Yup. I only marathon series that are longer than 13 episodes. I made the mistake of trying to watch Bakuman 3 weekly and it's killing me.

Ah, that explains it. Been rather curious why you haven't picked it up yet, but now I get it haha.

Feb 5, 2013 4:20 PM

Nov 2010
romance... you just can't have enough romance! EVER!

*goes back to watching romance...*
Feb 5, 2013 4:36 PM

Oct 2012
more episodes
RRRRRRRRRR
Feb 5, 2013 4:39 PM
Dec 2012
bottosai-01 said:
For me it would definitely have to be vikings, there are no anime with a central theme of vikings and thats makes me very sad :( There are some with references to Nord mythology like Ah! My Goddess and Jormungand, but really no vikings at all in anime despite how fucking awesome they are. There is however Vinland Saga for manga and it's easily one of my favorite manga out there. I'm not aware of anything else out there though, so yeah we need more vikings.

There is an anime with a central theme of vikings. That is, Vicky the Viking (TV series) based on Vicke Viking written by Runer Jonsson. Also there are other anime related to Norse mythology.
Saint Seiya episode 74-99 Arc 7: Asgard (TV series)
Saint Seiya: The Heated Battle of the Gods (movie)
Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok (TV series)
Feb 5, 2013 4:44 PM

Aug 2010
r1322 said:
more episodes

This. As painful as they are to follow, Space Brothers, Monster, and other mega dramas, are always the best experience.
Feb 5, 2013 4:58 PM

Sep 2012
Most of them need an actual ending...
Alcyone. Electra. Maia. Taygeta. Calaeno. Asterope. Merope.
By the blessing of the Seven Sisters,
I descend from four hundred lightyears in space!
I AM MR PLEIADES!!
Feb 5, 2013 4:58 PM

Dec 2012
NeoAnkara said:

Now that I think about it, anime are missing badass archers. That would be pretty cool! I second this statement.
JovooFeb 5, 2013 5:02 PM
The forums are dark, and full of ego.
Feb 5, 2013 5:00 PM

Mar 2012
Jovoo said:
NeoAnkara said:

Know that I think about it, anime are missing badass archers. That would be pretty cool! I second this statement.
True right.
Feb 5, 2013 5:01 PM

Jun 2012
More episodes.....romance......blood. 'nuff said
Feb 5, 2013 5:03 PM

Sep 2012
beach episodes
hot spring episodes
pool episodes
love potion episodes
christmas episodes
cultural festival episodes

also other stuff like romance, drama, action and the like
Feb 5, 2013 5:11 PM

Feb 2012
dzejkobz said:
-Remake of Mirai Nikki so they can fix some plotholes/issues and things like dat
-moar comedy-drama-romance-slice of life-school shows! cuz i love them

Plot-holes don't apply to series which completely ignore time and dimension. It makes everything completely liable.
Feb 5, 2013 5:14 PM

Oct 2012
Ghost-Lightning said:
beach episodes-->Baka to Test, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
hot spring episodes--> Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, Nagasarete Airantou
pool episodes--> Ben-To
love potion episodes--> Mawaru Penguindrum
christmas episodes--> Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
cultural festival episodes--> Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

also other stuff like romance, drama, action and the like

I like how this thread secretly serves as a recommendation thread.

Feb 5, 2013 5:16 PM

Feb 2013
Big booty bitches. Seriously. The only ones that come to mind are C2 (Code Geass), Rider (Fate/stay night) and Kasuga (Sengoku Basara).

C'mon, Japan! Make it happen.
Feb 5, 2013 5:18 PM
Sep 2011
Tsunderes with great character development.
Feb 5, 2013 5:19 PM

Dec 2012
Tupac said:
Big booty bitches. Seriously. The only ones that come to mind are C2 (Code Geass), Rider (Fate/stay night) and Kasuga (Sengoku Basara).

Kallen has a better booty than C.C. my friend...just sayin',
Feb 5, 2013 5:23 PM

Sep 2012
more of whatever you would classify nichijou as. (extremely well animated absurd slapstick?)

and more epic.

theres been a real shortage lately. im all for a good SOL but there really needs to be more hot blooded EPIC. there hasnt been many at all, especially in the last few years, the rebuild movies are the only exception i can see to this.

my idea of epiic

princess mononoke
nausicaa
rebuild of evangelion
TTGL (duh)
death note
akira
summer wars (to a lesser extent)
voices of a distant star

and on the other side of the spectrum
and more films in the vein of makoto shinkais works.

absurdly good animation/art style, amazing soundtracks and small stories focused on small groups of characters with memorable stories
Feb 5, 2013 5:26 PM

Dec 2011
A lucha libre based anime.
Feb 5, 2013 5:28 PM

Jul 2011
Adapt the whole manga in which are based, or at least a really decent not ambiguous end.
Feb 5, 2013 5:38 PM

Aug 2012
Epic large-scale army vs. army, preferably with a smart protagonist that can win lots of battles and make it look cool.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Feb 5, 2013 5:40 PM

Mar 2012
VN adaptation anime with true route getting adapted and other girls route become an OVA.
Feb 5, 2013 5:41 PM
Jul 2018
Genuinely triangular bisexual love triangles, more series need that.
Feb 5, 2013 5:43 PM

Aug 2012
NeoAnkara said:
VN adaptation anime with true route getting adapted and other girls route become an OVA.

This, too. I'm not a fan of mixing and matching parts from different stories. I also don't like it when they put filler for no reason.
Feb 5, 2013 5:45 PM

Oct 2012
gamer2710 said:
Epic large-scale army vs. army, preferably with a smart protagonist that can win lots of battles and make it look cool.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes has fleets of ships vs fleets of ships, like in the 50k+ range

Protag(s) are very tactic (with some mind games thrown in too) oriented. Not sure if this interests you or not, but somewhat fits.

Feb 5, 2013 5:45 PM

Sep 2012
More zombie apocalypse (I only know HoTD)
Feb 5, 2013 5:46 PM

Aug 2012
Tavor said:
gamer2710 said:

Legend of the Galactic Heroes has fleets of ships vs fleets of ships, like in the 50k+ range

Protag(s) are very tactic (with some mind games thrown in too) oriented. Not sure if this interests you or not, but somewhat fits.

The only gripe I have with it is that it's fucking long. It looks cool, though. I'll consider it.
Feb 5, 2013 5:48 PM

Feb 2013
Jovoo said:
Tupac said:

Wut... Kallen is up there, but C2 tops in the ass department. At least from what was shown in the anime. Most of the ass shots were of C2. The only good one I remember from Kallen is this:
Feb 5, 2013 5:48 PM

Nov 2010
Tupac said:

They do need some big booty women. Real Drive had some thick women.
Feb 5, 2013 5:56 PM

Dec 2007
pralan said:
Adapt the whole manga in which are based, or at least a really decent not ambiguous end.

Not bad. I like this idea.
Also I think more animes like Gintama...when funny - hilarious funny, when serious - grave serious, good development for the characters , splendid animation original plot and good sense in the show.
And more good hentai :D

And contrary I personally don't need any more flashy animated sparkling moe half naked huge bouncing breasted tsunderes then there already are o.O
Feb 5, 2013 6:00 PM

Dec 2012
Tupac said:
Jovoo said:
Tupac said:

Wut... Kallen is up there, but C2 tops in the ass department. At least from what was shown in the anime. Most of the ass shots were of C2. The only good one I remember from Kallen is this:

Kallen booty > C.C. booty, sorry mate. Put up pics of both and you'll see. :P

EDIT: Although I think I'm far too bias to talk about Kallen. :D
JovooFeb 5, 2013 6:11 PM
Feb 5, 2013 6:17 PM

May 2010
something similar to gungrave, but the mafia aspect.
Feb 5, 2013 6:21 PM

Jun 2011
Yanderes.
Feb 5, 2013 6:22 PM

Oct 2012
ForgoneReality said:
Yanderes.

You haven't seen Mirai Nikki? o.o

Feb 5, 2013 6:24 PM

Jun 2011
Tavor said:
ForgoneReality said:
Yanderes.

Saving it for a special time. I would like to marathon it.
Feb 5, 2013 6:24 PM

Feb 2013
Jovoo said:
Tupac said:
Jovoo said:
Tupac said:

Kallen booty > C.C. booty, sorry mate. Put up pics of both and you'll see. :P

Eh... don't really feel like searching for a bunch of ass screensnaps right now when you could do it yourself lol.
I'll save it for another thread, bro.
Feb 5, 2013 6:27 PM

Oct 2012
ForgoneReality said:
Tavor said:
ForgoneReality said:
Yanderes.

Saving it for a special time. I would like to marathon it.

Ohh, gotcha then :P
Nagasarete Airantou has a ginormous cast of yandere as well.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

95 by JaniSIr »»
3 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - 10 hours ago

9 by LenRea »»
46 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - Yesterday

49 by fae »»
47 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

17 by Ratris_Decision »»
52 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

26 by LoveYourEyes »»
58 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.