Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke Episode 5 Discussion

Feb 4, 2013 9:04 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, I quite enjoyed the latest episode.

Yuugiri is soooo cute @ that amusement park. I thought Hinomiya was a good caretaker for her this episode. I felt sorry for her though when she was left alone like that at the park. Poor girl :(

Also, probably not a good idea to piss her off lol. Happy Birthday to Kyousuke as well :)

Feb 4, 2013 11:12 AM

Lol at when Yujirou and the others thought of Andy when they found Yugiri crying on top of him

So Andy is an investigator working for the US huh? There's still that item he needs to steal from PANDRA so we don't know completely what he's after. This episode I think did a good job examining the series two main characters Andy and Hyoubu. Hyoubu it seems is running on borrowed time according to tests he did in the hospital and I can only assume going Unlimited isn't helping that process slow down. Espers see Hyoubu as a lighthouse in forever foggy world while everyone else sees him as a murderer. As for Andy, at the very minimum he doesn't expect to be investigating PANDRA for more than a year. The episode didn't really make clear if he's cooperating with Minamoto, I think he is because they threatened to leak info about him if he didn't but if someone could clear it up I'd appreciate it. Of course knowing Hyoubu he already knows about Andy....

We also got more context of how people perceive Espers in normal society. They're looked down upon similar to the world of X-Men where there's a negative stigma toward anyone that's an esper even if it's a small child. Still those parents who got their child back because of her were huge dicks.
Modified by HybridMBL, Feb 4, 2013 11:34 AM

Feb 4, 2013 11:13 AM

Very nice episode.

So Hyoubu doesn't have much time left? Sounds bad.
I hope Andy will stay with P.A.N.D.R.A. and give up his job for the US.
.................................................................................

Feb 4, 2013 11:26 AM

Yugiri was cute in this episode. Wow I would have never guessed Hyoubu might die T__T. BABEL knows about Andy?? They are trying to make him a double agent. Wow Momiji's sad past. WTH they were gonna kill her. Aww cute young Yoh. Happy Birthday Kyousuke !!!!

Feb 4, 2013 12:00 PM

Yuugiri is bad for my blood pressure, that girl is dangerous.

Another great episode, now Andy is put in the tough spot to pick a side. Even though both sides end in the same outcome which is betraying PANDRA.

Man when Yuugiri went crazy things really spiraled out of control...can't wait for next week, it looks like he is clashing with the children again.

This show might just be starting to become my fav of the season.

Feb 4, 2013 12:18 PM

Awesome episode as usual. Man this show is good :)

Yugiri too cute for my heart, Easily in my top5 anime loli's ever!! <3
But man how those people treated her was so sad...I really felt bad for her T_T
I lol'd at the lolicon moment XDXD

I wonder what Andy will do...now that he knows the 2 sides of Kyousuke. It must be a pretty tough choice since I'm seeing that he can already be considered part of the PANDRA family. ANd I think deep down he likes spending time with them.

Happy Birthday Kyousuke...Hope he lives til his nxt one :(
I wonder how old he is anyway...since he looked the same as he does now even when all his crew were kids.

Also that woman from BABEL, seems to know him really well and that question about her age had sth to do with it.

Feb 4, 2013 12:26 PM

I begin to like Yuugiri more in this episode, the relationships between Andy and Yuugiri have improve.
I actually like this episode, but somehow I know that Andy will not betray Hyoubu.

Hyoubu have a extremely nice power unlimited but in pay for it he lose lifespan.
He is a old guy but I actually didn't expect him to die so soon.

Yeah I also believe that Hyoubu know Andy but ignore it.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 4, 2013 12:43 PM
Great episode.

I like that Yuugiri and Andy are spending more time together and bonding. I can see Yuugiri viewing Andy more like a onii-chan in the future. Andy is beginning to sympathize more with PANDRA, which only makes his eventual betrayal that much more sad in the end.

Didn't expect that Hyoubu wouldn't have that much longer to live.

Feb 4, 2013 12:48 PM
Looks like the Major doesn't have much time.

That white haired girl looks hot.

Feb 4, 2013 1:05 PM

nice ep :)

And there was Mio too :)

Feb 4, 2013 1:21 PM

And they just changed the ED song back to the first one o.o

Feb 4, 2013 1:34 PM

Loled at Andy being a spy from the US, called it xD
Episode was great but it irked me how they portray BABEL as some incompetence nobs who keep letting Hyoubu and then Andy fool around with.
Hyoubu's life is drained away by the day, but he will live in the end cause' there will be another season of Zettai Karen. I just know it ;)
I love Andy's internal conflict. He is the real main character in this series. The story was told from his perception. Let's see how he will resolve this conflict in the end.

Feb 4, 2013 2:39 PM

i dont think that andy will betray Hyoubu in the end
Hope kyousuke doesnt die ;( I Love him and Pandra to much to miss anyone of them andy included

Feb 4, 2013 2:53 PM

Yugiri was so adorable...stop tugging at my heart, Yugiri. Stop it...

On another note, Andy being confirmed as a USEI agent was not all too surprising....
Still, we're starting to get a semblance of an overlying plot for the season, so I'm happy.

All in all, good episode.

Looks like next episode we'll have Kaoru vs Unlimited Hyoubu...along with more Andy snooping around. Can't wait!
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!

Feb 4, 2013 3:09 PM
Good episode

Stark700 said:

Also, probably not a good idea to piss her off lol.

That scene reminded me of Midori Shoujo Tsubaki.

Feb 4, 2013 4:32 PM

Happy Birthday Kyosuke! and I hope you won't die..

Feb 4, 2013 4:39 PM

Loved the Nostalgia Critic and AVGN cameos XD. Very good episode

Feb 4, 2013 5:12 PM

AiCon said:
Great episode.

I like that Yuugiri and Andy are spending more time together and bonding. I can see Yuugiri viewing Andy more like a onii-chan in the future. Andy is beginning to sympathize more with PANDRA, which only makes his eventual betrayal that much more sad in the end.

Didn't expect that Hyoubu wouldn't have that much longer to live.

Unless he turns double agent. I would not be surpised if he does.

Feb 4, 2013 8:29 PM

At this point I'm totally on PANDRA's side. I suspect that Hyoubu has a slightly different take on why he eliminated many of the original BABEL members--if he in fact did so.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 4, 2013 10:17 PM

Barion-Zara said:
Also that woman from BABEL, seems to know him really well and that question about her age had sth to do with it.

She's essentially

rodac said:
At this point I'm totally on PANDRA's side. I suspect that Hyoubu has a slightly different take on why he eliminated many of the original BABEL members--if he in fact did so.

Probably not. He's on record as having no trust for normals and it would be completely within his character to suspect that BABEL, as originally founded, was, or would end up as, just a front for the suppression of espers, something he's vehemently against to the point that, yes, he would kill them. The contradiction this episode introduces is one of the key aspects of his character - he's very much like X-Men's Magneto in that he completely loathes normal people, has deep respect for his own kind, is preparing for a war between the two that he sees as inevitable,

He'd also kill Minamoto in a heartbeat if not for the fact that the three girls, and especially Kaoru, are too attached to him.
The only real question is whether or not the intentions of the people he killed did in fact fit with Kyousuke's view, which they may have.
Modified by ErwinJA, Feb 5, 2013 3:46 AM

Feb 4, 2013 11:51 PM

EpicToasterCat said:

I laughed at that part. Thought I was seeing things for a second.

Feb 5, 2013 1:17 AM

This ep further reaffirms Andy's stance as a lolicon, although now he finds himself at a crossroad of betrayal or having his mission sabotaged, i really hope the series can at some point give us insight as to where Andy stands in terms of his real feelings toward the members of PANDRA.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime

Feb 5, 2013 1:45 AM

This episode is rather exciting too like the last one , ahhh it is soo warm ..the family concept brought by Hyobu :)

Andy was quite funny too xD

5/5 ,looking forward to the next episode. (awesome preview)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 5, 2013 4:23 AM

EpicToasterCat said:

I wasn't watching this anime and just heard about Nostalgia Critic and Angry Video Game Nerd cameos in this series.

I think I better pick up this series now. Gotta love a series that gives some love to NC and AVGN.

Feb 5, 2013 4:43 AM

Elite60 said:
EpicToasterCat said:

best moment in the season

Feb 5, 2013 11:51 AM

Yuugiri-chan kawaii yo >o< pero pero

We finally know about her power. seems pretty strong!

and how sad that Hyoubu's life doesn't last for maybe a year ;(

Feb 5, 2013 3:53 PM

Before all , Happy Birthday Major Hyoubu .Have a longer life .
RazorRamona200 said:
That white haired girl looks hot.
She is indeed . But

This is a decent and unexpectedly entertaining loli-centric episode . Yea , Yuugiri is just so so so freakin cute .HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG . stop . I love her .
And she finally lost control of her powers . So she is that of a high-level esper .She's prolly around a lvl 6 or 7 ? Those illusions were realistic as hell .
And those normal people are indeed fcked up . The moment they knew that she probably was an esper they immediately treated her like a criminal . wth , how can you treat a cute loli like that ?

The plot is moving steadily . Seems like they're gonna use Andy to lure out PANDRA . I doubt he will gonna do it because it seemed like he is already treating others like a family .
And they finally told us that Hyoubu's health/body is declining because
And also because of age .

oh , and that Momiji flashback , wow , who knew that blue haired flat girl would turn into this current Momiji ? lol . And Magi was awesome as ever .

PANDRA's gifts to Hyoubu was funny as heck . They really sympathize with the old man err Hyoubu . Especially that back scratcher .And in the shot where Momiji and Patty was stopping Yoh because he was trying to put those candles on Hyoubu's cake .lol

Next episode , Hyoubu continues on using his limiter release . They should find a way to keep his from dying . This is a fantastic series so far . 5/5
And some The Children goodness

Feb 5, 2013 6:17 PM

Romedbaumann said:
Very nice episode.

So Hyoubu doesn't have much time left? Sounds bad.
I hope Andy will stay with P.A.N.D.R.A. and give up his job for the US.

Exactly what I was thinking. I usually don't like the whole betraying your own country/group but It would be pretty sad if he left PANDRA. Great episode, though its sad that Hyoubu is dying.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Feb 5, 2013 6:37 PM

Yuugiri is so precious omg

There has yet to be a dull moment in this series, which is so totally awesome. And plz don't die Kyousuke :<

Feb 6, 2013 7:13 AM

Another nice episode. A touching birthday party. It'll be sad if Andy left PANDRA and if Hyoubu died in the end.

Feb 7, 2013 5:23 AM

This show kicks ass.

Feb 8, 2013 1:39 AM

almozayaf said:
Elite60 said:
EpicToasterCat said:

First I was like: "Wtf?". Then I checked, double checked and went to MAL. Great stuff. I'm also surprised so many people that watch anime know about NC and AVGN.

Feb 8, 2013 7:51 PM

Pretty solid episode, I would definity enjoy an all outs fight between Hyoubu and Andy, that be amazing to watch
Also the family concept reminds me of whitebeard from one piece lol

Feb 10, 2013 5:53 AM

Daipyon said:
and how sad that Hyoubu's life doesn't last for maybe a year ;(

Same probably counts for Andy

He said somewhere at the end "Next year at this time, I'll already be..."

Apr 11, 2013 7:59 AM

Decent epsiode, the Unlimited subs are epic and I'll be using them from now on whenever possible.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.

Jun 4, 2013 9:57 AM

nina4life said:
almozayaf said:
Elite60 said:
EpicToasterCat said:

First I was like: "Wtf?". Then I checked, double checked and went to MAL. Great stuff. I'm also surprised so many people that watch anime know about NC and AVGN.

I came hee from JO`s youtube channel, I dont evan know what the show is about but I gave it a 5/5.

Nov 12, 2013 12:22 AM

Tsubomi with Yukana-san's voice aw... Sounds like C.C.
And her age

Aw poor Yuugiri, she's still a child but everyone treat her like that :(

And Major, he don't have much time left T_T
I believe he's a good guy.. Andy just trust him
"Signature removed"

Apr 15, 2014 6:38 PM

I felt so sad for Yuugiri, but I kinda was curious when she released previously. I'm also sad for Hyoubu -sigh-

I might be going on a feels trip soon!