Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 3, 2008 8:49 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice episode but really not the best.
Aaawww sleepy Taiga in the morning is so cute.
Just too bad her Swimsuit was so ugly. Ami's looks way better. :P
But most of all Minorin was so awesome again. She's my favourite Toradora character now.
Dec 3, 2008 9:10 AM

Nov 2008
Yeah episode was good! The scary parts were pretty well done. I was surprised how different it was from last episode yet was fresh to continue from last one.

Indeed I finally got back from studies. In any case this episode showed very well once again how Minori can become serious when it comes to talking. I ma referring from about when the fireworks started to before they are back in the city. Very nice setting for such a situation.

As some have said the fireworks display was astonishing and well done. I found to have some doubts as to if the other big fireworks appearing after the ones used near the house having to do with a certain arrangements done by Ami since her reactions were more than a sight.

The cave scene from beginning like I stated before, was very well done it scared me and then made me LOL properly. Also it was brilliant to have Kushieda use the sound maker in the cave and that is because of the environment as well as the fact that this environment has echoes around since it is within a cavern.

I must also mentions the kitchen scene with the onions had a pleasant LOL on me once the onion made some tears off of Kushieda.

I am finding Ami more into the sexual teasing and flirting on Ryuuji in this episode. This is mostly due to her newbikini and more alone moments with Ryuuji in the cave.

More maybe more after the subs.

My two cents and rest in spoiler.

1.I decided that Minori and Taiga are cute in their bikini clinging with each other.
2.Ami is also HOT with her new bikini.

Someone said about the fireworks? Click on the spoiler to find out.

aberella]
Pete_CG said:
Haha, I can't believe Minori said "たかすくんのお嫁さんになるこは幸せだね". "The girl who you marry will be very happy".

Oh man, and Ami basically confesses to Ryuuji when she says "憧れだけじゃ対等になれない。対等になれるのは私みたいな...", although she's interupted by Minori's scream.

Too bad because I still think Ryuuji loves Minori although Taiga is also close to him. Ami has way more road to do. Even with such a confession Ryuuji would be miserable with her. Besides Taiga needs Ryuuji more than Ami and that is because Ami let's say too complex of character and I do not see the chemistry. Moreover Ryuuji seems less shy around Taiga.

Laterz!

After subs thoughts

Well, there is more than I though. Taiga and Ryuuji admitting that they wanted to scare Kushieda while Kitamura was there made Kitamura interested in this whole deal.

So It went on that Ami would go as far as asking Ryuuji about what he thinks about her body when in fact she already did that before. My problem with Ami is that here teasing might snap Ryuuji at one point but who knows since he has not snapped yet in this series.

The confession of Ami in the cave and Ami forcing Ryuuji to reveal the main reason of him wnting to make Minori happy was total failure and Ryyji will not give in to the pressure of Ami if the sitaution need to be kep secret.

I think the conversation like I said earlier of Kushieda was most important step in having that emotion connection that many talk about in this discussion. Whether the emotions will turn into love or romance is yet to be seen. This episode definitely marked the evolution between Minori and Ryuuji in their relation.

Ya, th 3 traps were ridiculous but at least Taiga was defending Kitamura from being ridiculed.

My final verdict is as a Aisaka fan I have to say Ryuuji if you make Aisaka sad it will be bad! Just terrible and Ami might be too much trouble. So Kushieda might be good but Aisaka does not have the independence of Kushieda.

------------------->Final decision: Ryuuji x Taiga
slayer545-samaDec 5, 2008 3:46 AM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 3, 2008 10:35 AM

Jan 2008
lol it was Minorin's work afterall! too bad ryuji miss out so many chances to confess especially when minorin asked him why he tried to scare her > <

Never once i got disappointed watching this, each episode just keeps getting better and better and even better. btw for this episode, story and jokes aside, i really love the flashlight and fireworks animation! 8D

perfect/5
Dec 3, 2008 12:16 PM

Feb 2008
The RAW is out yay! now i just have to wait for the subs :) hope it's going to be a good ep
Dec 3, 2008 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
The more Minori scenes, the better the episode = great episode!
I kinda expected she knew that Takasu and Taiga are playing tricks on her, but not that she will counter-attack like that :) - the cave scenes were done very well, since you could only guess (out of 5) who is behind all these happenings.
I also like the realistic dialogues, like at making breakfast or at the hanabi (and there are still similarities between Minori and Haruhi)
Ami was quite lonely in that group, even when her acting beats Ryuuji every time xD

Next time another bunkasai, but Toradora! won't disappoint even with that
Dec 3, 2008 4:37 PM

Jan 2008
Haha, I can't believe Minori said "たかすくんのお嫁さんになるこは幸せだね". "The girl who you marry will be very happy".

Oh man, and Ami basically confesses to Ryuuji when she says "憧れだけじゃ対等になれない。対等になれるのは私みたいな...", although she's interupted by Minori's scream.
Dec 3, 2008 4:47 PM

Nov 2008
Pete_CG said:

Can you translate what Ami said?
Dec 3, 2008 4:52 PM

Dec 2008
Good episdode, but I really hate Ami, I don't know why some people like her T_T, is the typical character prototype of the super pretty and bi*chy girl, I don't care what she says or something, I pity her!

For me: Taiga rocks!! and Minori is so funny! xD
Dec 3, 2008 5:16 PM

Nov 2008
Anarel said:
Good episdode, but I really hate Ami, I don't know why some people like her T_T, is the typical character prototype of the super pretty and bi*chy girl, I don't care what she says or something, I pity her!

I'm actually in the boat not anti-Minori, but I don't love her (she tends to get too annoying at times on the show). I haven't seen this ep yet to comment on Ami's actions, but I happen to like her, even if she's a "prototype"....the same could be said about Taiga and Minori. Think about it... every ecchi, school anime has that sort of ditzy, "what is she going on about" girl, same for the girl who is aggressive, likes lead boy , and can be a bit b*tchy herself.

So they're all prototypes. It's just how the fans gravitate toward them. I actually like Ami's two-face complex and it makes sense. She's a needy and insecure girl who's a model and tries to play the sweet appealing role model position although she hates it but knows everyone expects it of her.

I think that's one of the bigger problems and we haven't seen that develop with Ami's character. She's actually forced to play a role permanently and her real nature has been twisted where she comes across like a prig when she's far from it, because she's forced to act. So it's not like she's a princess by choice, it's a response to something she hates. And we all know with celebrities, if she were real, she starts acting like a b*tch in real life to the majority of people her career is ruined. At least with her "friends" she's allowed to be terse and let it out without too much judgement, plus she gets a healthy challenge and is put in her place by Taiga.

I definitely think Ami is a good character and offers a lot overall. Taiga of course is fantastic. Minori...she's cute but then I get tired of the silliness sometimes.
Dec 3, 2008 5:22 PM

Nov 2008
vaberella said:
Pete_CG said:

"just feeling/infatuation alone you can't be equal/stand next to her, someone who can be equal/stand next to you is someone like me"

about the ep:
pretty good ep, alot of Ami and Minori. I like Ami metaphor that Ryuuji is like the moon and Minori is like the sun, (that probably make Ami the night). Ryuuji triggered flags with both Ami and Minori left Taiga some anxiety in the end.
ALTIMITDec 3, 2008 5:29 PM

Dec 3, 2008 5:37 PM

Nov 2008
ALTIMIT said:
vaberella said:
Pete_CG said:

"just feeling/infatuation alone you can't be equal/stand next to her, someone who can be equal/stand next to you is someone like me"

about the ep:
pretty good ep, alot of Ami and Minori. I like Ami metaphor that Ryuuji is like the moon and Minori is like the sun, (that probably make Ami the night). Ryuuji triggered flags with both Ami and Minori left Taiga some anxiety in the end.

I'm totally now supportive of those guys at the pool in episode 8 when they were talking about Ryuuji...he's more popular with the girls than Kitamura it seems. An unrealized threat. I really like that guy Ryuuji, he's so cool. See that, I even have crush on him. Me and my sister want him as our wife. :D

By the way, thanks for the translation.
Dec 3, 2008 6:15 PM

Dec 2008
vaberella said:
Anarel said:

I'm actually in the boat not anti-Minori, but I don't love her (she tends to get too annoying at times on the show). I haven't seen this ep yet to comment on Ami's actions, but I happen to like her, even if she's a "prototype"....the same could be said about Taiga and Minori. Think about it... every ecchi, school anime has that sort of ditzy, "what is she going on about" girl, same for the girl who is aggressive, likes lead boy , and can be a bit b*tchy herself.

So they're all prototypes. It's just how the fans gravitate toward them. I actually like Ami's two-face complex and it makes sense. She's a needy and insecure girl who's a model and tries to play the sweet appealing role model position although she hates it but knows everyone expects it of her.

I think that's one of the bigger problems and we haven't seen that develop with Ami's character. She's actually forced to play a role permanently and her real nature has been twisted where she comes across like a prig when she's far from it, because she's forced to act. So it's not like she's a princess by choice, it's a response to something she hates. And we all know with celebrities, if she were real, she starts acting like a b*tch in real life to the majority of people her career is ruined. At least with her "friends" she's allowed to be terse and let it out without too much judgement, plus she gets a healthy challenge and is put in her place by Taiga.

I definitely think Ami is a good character and offers a lot overall. Taiga of course is fantastic. Minori...she's cute but then I get tired of the silliness sometimes.

Ok, ok... but is my opinion, I dislike Ami and I can hate her 'cause is my opinion about her, if you like her... good, but I'm only express my desagree for her =P
Dec 3, 2008 10:05 PM

Nov 2008
Anarel said:
vaberella said:
Anarel said:

Ok, ok... but is my opinion, I dislike Ami and I can hate her 'cause is my opinion about her, if you like her... good, but I'm only express my desagree for her =P

This is a discussion thread. I realize it's your opinion and I'm not bashing your views on Minori. I don't hate Minori, but I'm not fond of her as many people are. I like Ami and get you don't. I think it's allowed for people to disagree on discussion threads and give their reasons why. You gave yours and I added my input based on your critique and I explained why. That's the end of it.
Dec 4, 2008 12:25 AM

Jan 2008
just glad Ami got some more air time
Dec 4, 2008 7:37 AM
Mar 2008
Meh, an okay episode. Didn't happen anything special.
Dec 4, 2008 8:00 AM

Jan 2008
urgh, it's not even 1 day and i've rewatch this 4 times already, including one reversed version of it Dx and still the part where ryuji was slicing the apple was damn funny! xD

Kyushieda!!!
Takyasu-kyun!!!!

LOLOLOL xD
Dec 4, 2008 8:09 AM
Apr 2008
This episode was really good. Was planning on dropping this due to all annoying SnS and ZnT references, but this episode totally made me change my mind. Trying to make sense out of the characters is enjoyable and there's actually character and relationship development unlike most shows in this genre. I'm gonna go check out the mango too since this is obviously way better than I expected.
Dec 4, 2008 9:18 AM

Oct 2008
deathpanda said:
This episode was really good. Was planning on dropping this due to all annoying SnS and ZnT references, but this episode totally made me change my mind. Trying to make sense out of the characters is enjoyable and there's actually character and relationship development unlike most shows in this genre. I'm gonna go check out the mango too since this is obviously way better than I expected.

yeah they do get reference from them but toradora is way better than both of em hands down, this is like the best anime ive seen so far. both are pretty good, but i dont like how everything always repeat, like in the end of an episode, znt's legendary tit jokes, those pissed the hell out of me tho.

awww taiga is sad in the end D:
paskyxDec 4, 2008 9:31 AM
じーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーっ
Dec 4, 2008 10:34 AM

Feb 2008
does she know that he likes her or not, cause she talks like she knows.

well the sun and moon analogy was pretty nice, but the moon shines the most when the sun's around haha. or something like that.
Dec 4, 2008 11:12 AM

Feb 2008
I didn't noticed this before but somehow Minorin's facial expression

reminded me a bit of

Dec 4, 2008 11:20 AM

Nov 2008
De-JaY said:

reminded me a bit of

Who the hell is that?
Dec 4, 2008 11:27 AM

Sep 2007
It was a good episode but a bit predictable on the cave part. It was kind of easy to assume that Kitamura and Minori were the ones up to no good given their character and relationship.

I like how the show throws Ryuuji's pairings all up in the air. There was a decent amount of development between Ryuuji and both Ami and Minori in this episode. At this point, I'm going to have to say RyuujixMinori is the most plausible one but that's still subject to change since we're not even halfway through the show yet.
Dec 4, 2008 11:29 AM

Jul 2007
draker said:

Mhm I think it did. Probably, Minori is starting to fall in love with Ryuuji, since in the end she says "If we keep searching...if you keep changing my world, I will..." then he says "Oh it's an UFO explosion!"

When they're talking about ghosts and UFOs, they're just talking about finding a person to fall in love with.
Dec 4, 2008 11:32 AM

Feb 2008
slayer545 said:
De-JaY said:

reminded me a bit of

Who the hell is that?

Gununu-Version of Kotomi Ichinose
Dec 4, 2008 11:40 AM

Feb 2008
Kind of a boring episode. I'm attributing it to me not liking Minorin. Oh well, they can't all be awesome.
Dec 4, 2008 11:42 AM

Nov 2008
The whole thing with Ryuuji saying he'd be lonely without Ami, then saying it was more like she'd be lonely without him, is kinda him acknowledging her as a friend now right?

I..... don't like Ryuuji with Minori. I prefer with with Tagia =/ she looked really sad at the end actually.
Dec 4, 2008 11:44 AM

Nov 2008
De-JaY said:
slayer545 said:
De-JaY said:

reminded me a bit of

Who the hell is that?

Gununu-Version of Kotomi Ichinose

Ok well Kushieda might look with that expression a little like Kotomi but not near the IQ potential. :P
Dec 4, 2008 11:45 AM
Jul 2018
De-JaY said:

Maybe on purpose, featuring such MADs?
How come they are called Gununu? I think this was an original picture of Ana Coppola (Ichigo Mashimaro)?
Dec 4, 2008 12:03 PM

Mar 2008
i want ami more every episode. seriously. otherwise, great, and it seems that kushieda might be interested in him too, and it looks like taiga is beginning to realize that she actually likes him quite a bit too
Dec 4, 2008 12:05 PM

Aug 2007
When I thought they couldn't surprise me with Ami fan service they still try to out do it. Anyway not a bad episode. I'm glad I was able to see where he stands with each person now.
Dec 4, 2008 12:08 PM

Aug 2008
id said:
lol it was Minorin's work afterall! too bad ryuji miss out so many chances to confess especially when minorin asked him why he tried to scare her > <
kisami said:
does she know that he likes her or not, cause she talks like she knows.
It's apparent from their conversations about 'ghosts' (ie love) that they both realize she's not ready for a confession.

vaberella said:
Anarel said:
... is the typical character prototype...
So they're all prototypes.
They word you're looking for is archetype, not prototype.

Wasabi said:
At this point, I'm going to have to say RyuujixMinori is the most plausible one but that's still subject to change since we're not even halfway through the show yet.
Sadly, very possible: I dread a 'you helped me find love' breakup scene (example 1, example 2).

@HoaRy
XD I love those kinda vids
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 4, 2008 12:43 PM

Dec 2007
Hmm, I wonder if Ryuuji and Minori will end up together, I've gotten the "you'll make some girl very happy someday" from someone I've liked but that didn't work out.

#NBHNC
Dec 4, 2008 12:44 PM

May 2007
Another great episode! XD

Looks like the plan was backfired after all. Reverse psychology at its finest.

So far I guess this be my one-on-one relationship analysis in Toradora~

Ryuuji & Taiga: Partners in crime, always seen together, house next to each others, cooperative in seeking each other's mate, don't see each other as lovers.
Ryuuji & Minori: Ryuuji seeks to have relationship, Minori one sees him as a great and understanding friend.
Taiga & Minori: Classmate friends.
Taiga & Kitamura: Taiga is crazy for Kitamura while he's too dense at realizing it.
Ryuuji & Kitamura: Kitamura is a friend who understands Ryuuji well.
Minori & Kitamura: Also partners in crime, also seen and appear together a lot of times, relationship between each other so far is no more than friends.
Ryuuji & Ami: Despite of toying around, Ami seeks more intimate relationship with Ryuuji, maybe she got really interested with him after episode 6.
Kitamura & Ami: Childhood friends.
Taiga & Ami: They're like same poles of magnets.
Minori & Ami: Doesn't seem to have direct relationship, but Ami wants Ryuuji to not be with her.

It's been two nice holiday trip episodes, but I'm looking forward for more school romantic comedy next ep!

Don't have a lot of GIFs to share this time but...

Dec 4, 2008 12:55 PM
Dec 2007
Spy47 said:
draker said:

Mhm I think it did. Probably, Minori is starting to fall in love with Ryuuji, since in the end she says "If we keep searching...if you keep changing my world, I will..." then he says "Oh it's an UFO explosion!"

When they're talking about ghosts and UFOs, they're just talking about finding a person to fall in love with.

Yep and it's became clear that Ami is to (and I don't even speak about Taiga), so that makes all girls in this anime in love with Ryuuji in the end. Let the best win !

Very good episode too and a nice follow-up to the already awesome episode 9. There's much more in Toradora than in most comedy/romance animes nowadays, since the direction is very well-done, dialogues and voice acting are top-notch, just like character relations and it's overall pretty original, a lot of developments are unexpected even if you have seen tons of animes of the style. So, it's probably my favourite comedy/romance show of the year after Nodame (not exactly the same genre though).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 4, 2008 1:01 PM
Jul 2018
JadeMatrix said:
@HoaRy

This one is the best one these days, especially when it is looped on Niconico (which is currently offline >.<)
Dec 4, 2008 1:01 PM

Jul 2008
It was an ok episode, definitely not as good as the past 2 episodes have been. Way too much Ryuuji x Minori, not enough Taiga. With last weeks episode I though this episode would have some serious romantic implications with Taiga in this episode(Taiga being scared with Ryuuji by her side), but I guess I was wrong lol.

I just hope it doesn't take Ryuuji the entire damn series down to the last episode to "choose his path" if you will. Only thing I've disliked about this anime is the fact that they are giving these eroge-harem like options for Ryuuji(pretty much picking between Ami, Minori and Taiga). I mean I don't mind the emotional bonding between the characters but the romantic indesiciveness of dudes in anime is a major pet peeve of mine.

Granted this episode didn't really have any romantic implications between Ryuuji and Minori, it was just a emotional connection between friends. I'm 100% for Ryuuji x Taiga ending here. Just gotta hope the next episode goes in my favor lol.
Dec 4, 2008 1:37 PM

Jan 2008
At the end of this episode I have no freaking idea who is the best pairing with Ryuuji. Obviously it will probably end up with Taiga, but Ami and Minorin are really awesome pairings as well. Ami fits his personality better and she's drop dead sexy. That scene with Minorin? Christ it was so cute I exploded.
Dec 4, 2008 1:38 PM

Aug 2008
I liked this episode...not so much because of the "scary" parts, but more because of the development of the relationships. Even though I still feel like this is skewing a little harem-y for my taste, it was still a pretty good episode.
Dec 4, 2008 1:45 PM

Aug 2008
HoaRy said:
JadeMatrix said:
@HoaRy

This one is the best one these days, especially when it is looped on Niconico (which is currently offline >.<)
Hmm, I don't think it was as good as the other one. (The first of those vids I ever watched was probably 'Sounds of CoD4')

As to Minori's 'reverse psychology,' it immediately made me think of Evil Overlord List #220:
Whatever my one vulnerability is, I will fake a different one. For example, ordering all mirrors removed from the palace, screaming and flinching whenever someone accidentally holds up a mirror, etc. In the climax when the hero whips out a mirror and thrusts it at my face, my reaction will be "Hmm...I think I need a shave."
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 4, 2008 2:45 PM
Oct 2007
Not enough Taiga. *Sniffles* ~_~

All of the metaphorical conversations were well scripted. I really liked the moon/sun comparison, which is so true, as well as the believing/seeing or not believing/seeing "ghosts".

I think the show will drift away from the haremy situation very soon. Just looking at the preview, Taiga will have some sort of conflict/fight with Ryuuji. I still like all of the characters a lot and hope each of them will be developed with care. At least, Minorin finally mentioned her parents.
Dec 4, 2008 3:20 PM

Jun 2007
Stomachbutterfly said:
I'm really not liking the harem-like aspect this show has seemed to start going down to much.

Im not liking it that much either :/
ChiBuki said:

ó_ò
Dec 4, 2008 3:24 PM
Apr 2008
Well, Minori's still my favorite character, and will probably continue to be until the end of the series. It's looking like a Ryuuji/Minori pairing is still possible, but it probably won't happen just so the producers can make it stay canon, which I think sucks. The episode, all in all, was just OK. And daaaamn, Ami is pretty sexy. :D
Dec 4, 2008 3:30 PM

May 2007
hanabiii said:
ChiBuki said:

ó_ò
ò_ó
Dec 4, 2008 3:38 PM

Jul 2008
Its painfully obvious now that ami likes takasu, that whole equal thing just proved it, i wonder if she'll try anything in the next episode? and what about minori? but i liked the ending with the fireworks, "galaxy war" lol ^_^
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Dec 4, 2008 3:41 PM

Jul 2008
Nice episode :) The counter attack was unexpected to me. Awesome episode 5/5. And I smell character development

Dec 4, 2008 4:09 PM

Sep 2008
Oh, Episode 10 got Subbed...

Didn't really get the UFO exploding thing that Minori said @ the end... But great episode
Dec 4, 2008 6:00 PM
Jul 2018
De-JaY said:

reminded me a bit of

LOL

Great episode!
Dec 4, 2008 6:07 PM

Oct 2008
Ami + Breasts = 5/5 /Thread
Dec 4, 2008 6:20 PM

Aug 2008
Good ep, I love Ami. I'll probably have to re-watch it in the morning though, when i'm not so extremely drunk
Dec 4, 2008 6:25 PM
Dec 2007
For anyone complaining about the harem implications and Ryuuji being indecisive... while Ryuuji is indeed kind toward everyone, his goal is pretty much set. As a matter of fact he's pretty much twarted every advance Ami has done so far while avoiding trampling all over her feelings. The harem feeling is indeed there, since Taiga has that closeness to him and Ami has openly been seeking him out, but Ryuuji seems very set on his target so far.

This episode didn't help boost my oppinion of Ami at all. All she did was try to convince Ryuuji that Minori was not for him, which is really just her changing target after she noticed Minorin is the actual rival for Ryuuji's affection and not Taiga. She's just too full of resentment, which makes her a little distant with the rest of them. I mean, she obviously can't deal with Taiga, has no relationship at all with Minori, and seems to hold some resentment with Kitamura. She's quite pitifull all in all.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Yesterday, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

283 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 11, 2009

502 by Seradim »»
Apr 6, 1:19 AM

» Minori Kushieda

LuckyTenth - Feb 21, 2021

9 by MyBliss »»
Apr 2, 3:42 AM

» What's physical diff between kano and ami

atl_nal - Mar 28

7 by Ashikhi »»
Mar 31, 1:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.