Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jun 7, 2014 2:22 PM

Jan 2013
millefeui said:
This is becoming too harem-ish for my tastes. Still, nice episode, Minori wins again.
Harem-ish? Not at all. Just love triangles everywhere.

Ryuuji loves Minori
Minori either loves no one or Yuusaku
Yuusaku either loves Minori or Kanou (student council president)
Taiga loves Yuusaku but slowly is falling in love with Ryuuji
And Ami.. she is a special case but it looks like Ryuuji is what she would like.
Ryuuji up to this episode does not seem to want to think that he loves Taiga but he is starting to think of it.

So yeah xD. Can't wait to see how it ends.
Oct 18, 2014 3:17 PM

Dec 2009
It's wierd to think, but I think I am liking Minorin and Ami more than Taiga. Both of them seem like bigger enigmas to Tasaku and he doesn't really understand either of them. Maybe thats why Im rooting for them instead of Taiga more.

But finally we get an episode that doesnt focus on Taiga and focuses on the other two girls.
Oct 31, 2014 10:44 AM
Nov 2013
Watched many 'slice of life' kind of anime before, and I must say this one has excellent character development that happens at the right place instead of just a sudden back story being inserted out of nowhere. This one has characters that feels real.

That night scene by the beach has so many emotions all mixed into it that it feels so surreal and yet so...real. And the whole comparison between ghost and love is just so bizarre and yet so accurate.

Ami, who seemed so mean and cruel just to create a shield to hide her vulnerable side of loneliness, who went up to watch the fireworks by herself.

Kushieda, who is always so cheerful and yet has not found her "ghost" and Ryuji trying to tell her to never give up and saying that he wants to show her a real ghost.

The fire which went out on Taiga's stick when she sees how happy Kushieda and Ryuji are together at that moment, and faltered for a moment not sure how to feel about that but a sense of loosing something.

Definitely my favorite scene of this series so far. This show just gets better. 5/5
Nov 18, 2014 5:48 AM

Jan 2013
Minorin's bikini was cute.
So they were plotting against them, what a comeback.
The ending was a good.
Feb 23, 2015 2:03 AM

Nov 2014
Taiga at the end during the fireworks, she seemed kinda down.*gives Taiga hugs*

Ami still just wants to get laid by Ryuji. WHICH WON'T HAPPEN.

though I do give her credit for trying to get to know him.

Minorin and Ryuji are getting close. But this also, makes me want to hug taiga more, I do not want her left out of anything. I wonder if her feels towards kitamura are shifting once more?
Feb 23, 2015 2:13 AM

Aug 2014
AlexSadist-sama said:
Ryuuji planned to scare Minori but it became the other way round. Ami's right though; they're not suitable for each other.
I'm not sure I agree with her assertion that he'll "just get burnt up" being with Minori, but yeah, there's definitely something slightly off about the pairing.
xMusicMohawk said:
Cirris said:
This trip you really start to see things set into motion.

Minorin has her chance and blows it completely. Every time things got serious with Ryuuji she starts talking batshit nonesense about UFOs and Ghosts.

Lol'ed at this...

you may have not realized the real meaning behind Minori's words at the end they practically declared to each other as to when Minori said to Ryuuji she wanted to show him ghosts and Ryuuji said the same thing so that = "i wanted to show you that i like you"
I sense a disconnect between them, tho: It seems to me like she either agrees with Ami that they're not quite right for each-other (possibly fed by or feeding into how massively hard she seems to ship him and Taiga) or she's not getting that that's what he's trying to tell her, which strikes me as less and less likely as time goes on. She's still a classic CloudCuckooLander, I think, but I also think she plays it up a lot. Why she'd want to paint herself as borderline-oblivious is beyond me ...... wait. No, it's not. I just realized, literally right while I was writing this line, that it's likely because of her less-than-optomistic view on love: She wants to avoid disappointing those who might pursue her.
That sounds familiar.
Cirris said:
This trip you start to see Taiga's shifting her mental focus away from Kitamara and towards Ryuuji.
So true, and I think she started realizing it at the end. She may not really have been tired, but avoiding everyday things because she suddenly encountered an issue she needed to puzzle through.
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
Apr 17, 2015 1:04 AM
Jul 2018
Laughed when Ryuuji was slapping Ami with the tofu.
Apr 23, 2015 4:14 PM

Jun 2014
is it even possible for Ryuuji and Taiga to continue being pussys in front of minori and kitamura? every single fucking time theyre given perfect opportunities to score point, they blow off the chance
May 12, 2015 1:19 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Not sure if Ami is really interested in Ryuuji or if she is just playing as she always does ._.

May 16, 2015 3:27 PM

Oct 2013
After this episode, Ami is definitely my favorite character. She's seductive and charming, bratty in the right ways, and despite her outward "horrible" self is actually rather sweet. She's also hot. >_>

Taiga remains my least favorite girl though I've begun to like her as well.

The character development over the last two episodes has been quite nice.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 17, 2015 4:44 AM

Jan 2014
Minorin was awesome ^-^
UFOs!! Yay, I saw some too :D
UFOs are the best <3
Sep 5, 2015 6:26 PM

Oct 2012
I take back what I wrote before, Kushieda is really oblivious and dumb as hell when it comes to love. And here I thought they were both conscious of double meaning of their dialogue last time. There certainly was double meaning but only for viewers. The only one who got it was Ryuuji, she was talking about ghosts all along. Sigh.
Did they really needed to spell everything out like that during that closing firework scene?

On the other hand, I liked how Ami started talking normally with him (and he is no longer seeing her as enemy), they would be great pair if not for Taiga.

Taiga's love developement is now obvious and we were shown it when she ran after him in the end. A little detail but it was surely nice.
Dec 9, 2015 7:16 AM

Nov 2014
A really nice episode, I think it's safe to say Ryuuji won't end up with Kushieda.
Dec 10, 2015 3:54 PM

Jan 2013
Amin sucha best~
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Dec 26, 2015 3:38 AM

Jul 2014
I'm currently on my re-watch and i find the conversation between Minorin and Ryuuji to be rather intriguing.
Their whole conversation was probably a insinuation to finding love ( mentioned as finding a ghost )
Yes, the search for a ghost ( love ) is definitely elusive,but one shouldn't impugn its existence just because one didn't find ( experience) it.
If you believe in it, you will definitely grasp it someday.

^This corroborates the quote presented to us in the first episode
"There is something in this world that no one has ever seen before. It is gentle and sweet. Maybe if it could be seen, everyone would fight over it. That is why the world hid it, so that no one could get their hands on it so easily. However, someday, someone will find it. The person who deserves it the most will definitely find it."
-Taiga and Ryuuji.
Apr 10, 2016 7:23 AM
Mar 2016
Okay, late to the party like always, but Kushieda and Ryuji, they weren't just talking about love, and they both knew that, thus why she asked him not to tell.
Like how it was her who was scaring Taiga and Ryuji! That was awesome even though I was expecting it to be Ami though.
I still expecting Taiga and Ryuji to get together, or at least realize how they feel about each other soon, (within the next 10 eps?)
Good anime though.
May 23, 2016 1:33 PM

Aug 2007
Nice Ami development. I agree with her, i don't see Ryuji with Minori either.
Jun 23, 2016 2:53 PM
Mar 2015
Lab-Member-000 said:
Nice Ami development. I agree with her, i don't see Ryuji with Minori either.

More like Minori x Ryuji is NEVER gonna happen. Nice development between the two though!
Jul 27, 2016 7:57 PM
Jul 2016
vaberella said:
Anarel said:
Good episdode, but I really hate Ami, I don't know why some people like her T_T, is the typical character prototype of the super pretty and bi*chy girl, I don't care what she says or something, I pity her!

For me: Taiga rocks!! and Minori is so funny! xD

I'm actually in the boat not anti-Minori, but I don't love her (she tends to get too annoying at times on the show). I haven't seen this ep yet to comment on Ami's actions, but I happen to like her, even if she's a "prototype"....the same could be said about Taiga and Minori. Think about it... every ecchi, school anime has that sort of ditzy, "what is she going on about" girl, same for the girl who is aggressive, likes lead boy , and can be a bit b*tchy herself.

So they're all prototypes. It's just how the fans gravitate toward them. I actually like Ami's two-face complex and it makes sense. She's a needy and insecure girl who's a model and tries to play the sweet appealing role model position although she hates it but knows everyone expects it of her.

I think that's one of the bigger problems and we haven't seen that develop with Ami's character. She's actually forced to play a role permanently and her real nature has been twisted where she comes across like a prig when she's far from it, because she's forced to act. So it's not like she's a princess by choice, it's a response to something she hates. And we all know with celebrities, if she were real, she starts acting like a b*tch in real life to the majority of people her career is ruined. At least with her "friends" she's allowed to be terse and let it out without too much judgement, plus she gets a healthy challenge and is put in her place by Taiga.

I definitely think Ami is a good character and offers a lot overall. Taiga of course is fantastic. Minori...she's cute but then I get tired of the silliness sometimes.

this. taiga is cool and all, but she's too much of a bitch tsundere for me to like her more than Ami. Plus, Ami is hot
Oct 4, 2016 5:52 PM

Jul 2014
That plan sure worked out great.
Nov 23, 2016 12:05 PM

Nov 2015

Ami has good looks but that's sure NOT enough to value a person. When she said that he wouldn't "hit"Minori as he did to her made me realize, it was true... he can't act the same with around Minori as he does with Ami or Taiga (well, take a look, it has happened to all of us at some point). In anycase, Ami is still to manipulative and fake for me to like her, and I think that should be a reason Ryuuji shouldn't. Anyway, I really REALLY doubt he ends up with her so there's no problem.

Minori in these two episodes was superb. I came to like her more because these were the episodes I was hoping for. Episodes in which she could act serious and show a bit of how she really is behind her mask. As I wanted, I came to like her character more.
Dec 15, 2016 6:44 PM

Dec 2014
I've been kinda bored with this series but this episode was really good. I liked the character interactions a lot. Minori and Kitamura are my favorite characters so having them be the ones behind the "ghost" gives me hope that they'll get together and become OTP.
May 8, 2017 3:08 AM

Feb 2013
Minori fooled them, nice one.
Sep 18, 2017 4:04 AM

Jun 2016
Oh your typical episode for a romance anime. Nothing new. I'm literally on the brink of dropping this show. Fuck.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 14, 2017 10:17 AM

Jul 2013
Hmm, I actually like the idea of Ryuji with whoever now. Each has its perks. His relationship with Taiga is obviously very understanding and accepting. His relationship with Minori is sweet and endearing. And his relationship with Ami is open and honest. I'm actually interested in seeing his relationship with Ami grow a little bit more because I find their dynamic the most compelling.

Now I would just like to see Kitamura get some development. Out of all the characters he is the most one dimensional so far.
Feb 10, 2018 7:49 AM

Sep 2017
Yeah, still very little Kitamura development, but the other two girls got the right level of attention. Minorin and Kitamura seem like a fairly viable ship since we're going to end up with Ryuuji x Taiga. However thinking about that at this point made me realise that I now care about Ami. She seems like quite a lonely person who protects herself by being superficially nice to people she'll never get really close to, and bitchy/a tease to people she does feel a connection with. She's clearly not happy underneath it all, and seems very inexperienced when it comes to emotional relationships. I would guess her parents have been pretty distant (emotionally) during her upbringing, and she's never had a loving type of relationship with anyone, just the friendship with Kitamura
ArcaedesFeb 10, 2018 9:35 AM
Feb 17, 2018 11:53 PM
Dec 2017
i knew it... Yuusaku and Minori trying something like that!! it's really so funny!!
May 2, 2019 9:02 PM

Aug 2017
Kitamura is a troll lmao

Well, it seems that this arc is over. Good development between Ryuuji and Minori.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 7, 2019 12:56 AM
Apr 2019
And no progress was made with any of the characters. ( Show keeps cucking Ami, and Ruyji sees Minori as a crazy person which she is a sun, and he is a moon )

Sorry but just seeing Taiga and Ryuji leave home together was just annoying....

Like are they not even trying to talk to the person they love? I know they will end up together, but where is the effort man.
Nov 26, 2019 1:44 PM

Apr 2013
The best part of this show is definitely Ami teasing the MC, that's always so much fun. Can't we just use 2/3 of the screentime on Ami, 1/3 on Minorin and 0/3 on Taiga?
Dec 16, 2019 8:45 AM

Dec 2016
So it was a prank? Good grief! XD At least everyone had a great time ^^ and a memorable one! Can't believe Minorin likes that kind of stuff cuz it showed completely the opposite :O How inexpected!

Things aren't going to get well between Ryuuji and Taiga next episode :/ I'm feeling worried about their relationship...

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 28, 2019 10:13 PM

Feb 2019
I just love Ami. Slightly hoping against all hope she ends up with Takasu (although not sure if they're a match).
Jan 2, 2020 8:26 PM

Aug 2014
This was very deep episode! not some silly beach party stuff, but they really showed how big and different problems each of characters has (beside Kitamura who is plain simple and boring).

Maybe even Kushieda is starting to feel something towards Ryuuji, but it will be blown away at school where she is totally carefree. Taiga was sad at the ending as she seen something is starting between Kushieda and Ryuuji and nothing with her love interest and Kawashima is attention w8888, but shown in positive aspect in anime and she is confused and angry that she is not the center of stage and maybe even because being kinda ignored by Ryuuji she starts to feel something towards him as it is probably first person to treat her different/normal.

two very good and different episodes made a comeback from vote 6 in my opinion back to 7-8
I wonder if I will like the overall or not....

oh yeah and I loved the animation of first seconds with the image of sea! for the year this anime was made it was fantastic!
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
May 18, 2020 1:51 AM
Dec 2017
Taiga and Ryuji are great together. I hope they both come to realise this and they end up together by the end.
Aug 7, 2020 6:06 AM

Jun 2020
De-JaY said:
Just too bad her Swimsuit was so ugly. Ami's looks way better. :P
But most of all Minorin was so awesome again. She's my favourite Toradora character now.

Totally agreed on the swimsuit.
And, we got to know more about how crazy Minorin actually is!
Dec 6, 2020 3:53 PM

Feb 2014
The girls looking nice in their bikinis.
Mar 8, 2021 7:15 PM
Jan 2020
Real feelings came out of this episode. It was quite easy to figure out who was behind the prank… I mean there were only 5 people so it wasn’t hard. Kushieda told Ryuji what is on her mind. The beach house time is over.
Jun 22, 2021 9:00 PM

Jun 2020
Ryuuji had a little help from Kushieda lucky him, Taiga looks so cute even if she looks so tired and all

A cave this seems rather interesting, They're plotting to scare Kushieda while in fact, they were the ones who got scared and Kushieda actually likes horror, So they were the culprit that scared Ryuuji and Taiga in their rooms

Those fireworks are so pretty some emotions that went out from that scene, Feels good to be back home.
Nov 19, 2021 2:51 PM

Mar 2010
I don't anyone is ever meant to be with anyone, but rather we simply choose to believe that, and work things out. nothing is perfect and no two stones are ever the same. but yea finding someone who is willing to tolerate another existence and its faults is what truly makes things work.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 11, 2022 10:05 PM

Jan 2020
10 episodes in and Ami is the best girl by a comfortable distance as things stand. This was a pretty nice episode and I like how Minorin tricked all of us lol

Jul 5, 2022 6:10 PM
Jul 2018
We got a whole lot of character chemistry building in this one, and not just between the wannabe-couples, I was pretty happy with that.

I'm still hard on the Taiga x Takasu train, even though Takasu and Minori were pretty cute together. Minori seems like she'd be a cooler friend but I guess I'm not the ones with feelings for her.
Leon-Gun said:

This episode didn't help boost my oppinion of Ami at all. All she did was try to convince Ryuuji that Minori was not for him, which is really just her changing target after she noticed Minorin is the actual rival for Ryuuji's affection and not Taiga. She's just too full of resentment, which makes her a little distant with the rest of them. I mean, she obviously can't deal with Taiga, has no relationship at all with Minori, and seems to hold some resentment with Kitamura. She's quite pitifull all in all.

This sums up how I feel pretty much. You can even see how she'll run off from the group pretty often, barely likes spending any time with them and just wants to screw with Takasu the whole time. She's just a nuisance.

Also I got mega duped by Minori and Kitamura, pretty embarrassing :(
Aug 12, 2022 7:33 AM
Sep 2017
Hmmm why did Taiga look sad in that last scene when she sees ryuuji and minorin together?..
I really enjoy rewatching this, got some new perspectivez

Oct 3, 2022 1:15 PM
Apr 2021
Fun epidode the dynamic between the characters is getting more enjoyable
Dec 9, 2022 11:31 PM

Aug 2020
Minorin was behind it all, lol. And is Ami really interested in Takasu or just trying to get something she can't have? Still haven't figured her out. The talk at the end was nice, between him and Minorin, although she quickly went to her over-energetic mode again.
Dec 21, 2022 11:08 AM
Feb 2022
It was kinda boring 9 and 10 episodes are on a different setting but it's still not my cup of tea.
Dec 16, 2023 1:29 PM

Aug 2022
This episode always makes me feel bad for Ami.
Dec 17, 2023 1:15 AM

Nov 2023
Wow, very cute episode ongfr
Dec 27, 2023 2:53 PM

Jun 2021
when Ami refused to collaborate for petty reasons, i fully expected for the plan to backfire hard, like people missing brought away by the sea or something. It didn't happen, but the supposed victim turned out to be the perpetrator. Next episode seems more interesting.
Jan 7, 7:58 PM
May 2020
So genius beach ep
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 11, 2009

502 by Seradim »»
Apr 6, 1:19 AM

» Minori Kushieda

LuckyTenth - Feb 21, 2021

9 by MyBliss »»
Apr 2, 3:42 AM

» What's physical diff between kano and ami

atl_nal - Mar 28

7 by Ashikhi »»
Mar 31, 1:40 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

sniW - Jan 14, 2009

232 by Nefrieren »»
Mar 24, 1:30 PM

» Anyone else think Taiga is a very bad person? ( 1 2 )

NextUniverse - Jul 7, 2022

70 by Tats_Spill_Tea »»
Mar 21, 1:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.