Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Feb 3, 2013 6:05 AM

Aug 2009
MagicFlier said:
VerneJules said:
There are two things I want to confirm:
1) Is it really scientifically possible to have twins with different fathers?
2) If Kanata can disguise herself as Haruka, does this mean they're identical twins? Why then couldn't the Little Busters guess that they were twins before Haruka told them? Does having a different hairstyle really hide it? I know this is anime but still...

1 = Your answer:
Kudryavka said:
Yes. If a woman hyperovulates and releases two eggs, it is possible for the first man's sperm to only survive to find one egg, and the second man's sperm to find the other egg. But the intercourses have to occur within a certain time of each other (usually by 24 hours since that's how long released unfertilized eggs are fertile for?). Very uncommon in humans, but possible.

It's called Heteropaternal Superfecundation.

2 = Kanata and Haruka are traternal twins, their eyes are a different color is one example. The hairstyle backed up with completely opposite attitudes can help hide the fact that they can look abnormally alike. (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜
Thanks. :)
Feb 3, 2013 6:09 AM

Jan 2013
@MagicFlier:
As I previously said, this family is obsessed with matters of blood. If they would get Shou's DNA and the test would result in Kanata being his daughter, they would disinherit Kanata and switch over to Haruka.
I know it's dumb, but blood is these people's religion. Quite literally.

VerneJules said:
There are two things I want to confirm:
1) Is it really scientifically possible to have twins with different fathers?
2) If Kanata can disguise herself as Haruka, does this mean they're identical twins? Why then couldn't the Little Busters guess that they were twins before Haruka told them? Does having a different hairstyle really hide it? I know this is anime but still...

1. Yes it is. Somewhere on this forum, someone posted a wikipedia link to that.
2. Haruka and Kanata are indeed almost identical. The only clear difference between them is their eye color (which Kanata fakes by using color contacts). Also, their three sizes are slightly different.
Kyousuke had the sisters matter already figured out, some other people may have as well, they just kept their speculations to themselves.
By the way, both Haruka and Kanata are great actors, so they could impersonate one another without anyone noticing. Except maybe for people as sharp as Kurugaya. I bet she'd be able to tell them apart even if they were clones.
Feb 3, 2013 6:13 AM

Apr 2010
Logics went out of the window here a twin with two different fathers is impossible.
Then there was Haruka's treatment even if the family wants to keep up there name do they think that's possible with child abuse, because that's what they where doing to Haruka.
Then there was the flyers which has to opposite effect it only makes there name worse firstly it's like promoting that they had a criminal in there family secondly it shows what trash they are going to such lows.
If word got out that of how they treated Haruka and that they distributed those flyers there name will go down the drain.

Now there is there parents there actions might have gone a bit far but it's somewhat understandable with those kind of family rules.
He probably knew Haruka's treatment would happen if he told the truth but seeing that it happened his plan failed it could also suggest that Futaki is his daughter.
About DNA to confirm who the father is you need to DNA of the father and to get this DNA you need permission from the father if he doesn't give permission you won't legally obtain his DNA.
Then again a child is not responsible for the actions of there parents.

Futaki's behaviour during most of the episode was a facade she seems to care a lot more about her sister then she is letting on.
The moment they asked her about the flyers she was trying to be the bad guy her behaviour gave me the impression that she was deliberately trying to make Haruka hate her even tho she didn't have anything to do with those flyers.
Her last action with Riki was also a attempt to make Haruka hate her however why she would want Haruka to hate her is beyond me.
Feb 3, 2013 6:26 AM

Jan 2013
Aversa said:
Then there was Haruka's treatment even if the family wants to keep up there name do they think that's possible with child abuse, because that's what they where doing to Haruka.
Then there was the flyers which has to opposite effect it only makes there name worse firstly it's like promoting that they had a criminal in there family secondly it shows what trash they are going to such lows.
If word got out that of how they treated Haruka and that they distributed those flyers there name will go down the drain.

Actually, they've successfully kept the child abuse thing a secret. When the girls went to grade school, at one point, they wouldn't let Haruka go there anymore. A teacher tried to go see her a few times. They chased him away. Same with a local policeman. The matter never became public which goes to show that the family still has quite a lot power.
Same thing with the flyers. They have the means to prevent people from associating Saigusa Shou with their family.

Well, it's not like anyone would think that the Saigusa family never did anything wrong...
Feb 3, 2013 6:29 AM

Nov 2009
Aversa said:
Logics went out of the window here a twin with two different fathers is impossible.

Your the first person to ever say that it's impossible, at least say that it's uncommon (a rarity) at most
Feb 3, 2013 6:29 AM

Jan 2013
Daipyon said:
A doubleganger of Haruka D:
Lol that rape face at the end was creepy lol. I wonder what this holds in story for both of them. Wow the ep was a bit sad at first, then it went right into I'm going to replace you! region.
Feb 3, 2013 6:30 AM

Sep 2012
Aversa said:
IMPOSSIBLE???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superfecundation
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 3, 2013 6:38 AM

Apr 2010
MagicFlier said:
Aversa said:

Your the first person to ever say that it's impossible, at least say that it's uncommon (a rarity) at most
symbv said:
Aversa said:
IMPOSSIBLE???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superfecundation
I'll take that back i checked Wikipedia but could not find anything about twins having multiple fathers hence my statement.
Naoki-Saten said:
Aversa said:

Actually, they've successfully kept the child abuse thing a secret. When the girls went to grade school, at one point, they wouldn't let Haruka go there anymore. A teacher tried to go see her a few times. They chased him away. Same with a local policeman. The matter never became public which goes to show that the family still has quite a lot power.
Same thing with the flyers. They have the means to prevent people from associating Saigusa Shou with their family.

Well, it's not like anyone would think that the Saigusa family never did anything wrong...
It's indeed clear that they managed to keep Haruka's child abuse a secret she would have been placed out of the family if the child abuse was known.
But it can still leak out especially know that she is in a high school away from the family, not to mention that those flyers can start a interest in there family affairs from others.
Not to mention that distributing those flyers is also child abuse and a attempt to destroy her good name which is also a crime.
AversaFeb 3, 2013 6:50 AM
Feb 3, 2013 6:42 AM

Nov 2010
I'm not sure about this episode. While the previous episode changes make the episode easier to be digested, I find myself confused with things in this episode, especially the last minutes.

Probably because I didn't expect that scene to be played that soon.

However, music direction kinda killed this episode for me. It's been a long time I don't find a big problem with music direction at LB, but this episode's mistake is kinda critical :(

Well, let's wait for the next episode. I'm curious with the way they are going to adapt this arc's finale.
Feb 3, 2013 7:23 AM

Jan 2013
And I like Kanata, always did and always will.
Is her route in EX translated?I'm dying to play it.

It is: http://vntls.tindabox.net/project/little-busters/
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?pli=1&key=0Am1pV7ssY0D7dExyd3NxUTNGNUFHRWNLZjV3em8xbEE#gid=0

However, I heard that they will make the next release once they're 100% done with the whole game.

I'm so looking forward to it.
Feb 3, 2013 7:25 AM

Sep 2012
Aversa said:
I'll take that back i checked Wikipedia but could not find anything about twins having multiple fathers hence my statement.
Actually I googled by using the search keywords "twins having two fathers" and I found the wiki link I posted in the first page of search result ;-)
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 3, 2013 7:27 AM

Aug 2011
I'm really wondering if the bad directing will hit Refrain....

3 girl arcs in and it's obviously got less than twice the impact Kanon/Clannad arcs had despite being just as good in the original.

We as visual novel players have been reassuring anime only viewers that the girl route's may not be as good as refrain but are at least on par with Kanon... but sadly it's not due to the directing.

at first i was expecting Refrain to be on After story level. but i think because of the directing it'll be on an emotional par with say.. makoto, or fuuko.

it's 17 episodes, 3 girl routes in.. they've already proven what they're capable of and that's reducing the emotional impact. I'm not going to be foolishly expecting the direction to get better out of nowhere for refrain unless they hire a whole new team.
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Feb 3, 2013 8:01 AM

Jul 2010
Oh dammit, what are these onions doing here? Manly tears... T_T

Now Futaki-san is even posing as her, what the hell is her problem? Being forced by your parents to hate her is one thing, but this goes a bit far don't you think? I think she may have been envious of her in some way. Because Futaki really didn't seem that happy either. She just can't stand her having friends while she only knows of 'lackies'.

Can't wait for this to be resolved. I hate these kind of family situations.

Feb 3, 2013 8:31 AM

Jul 2012
VN's fanboys bitching as usual. Nothing new.

Maybe the emotional impact isnt as big as it was in the VN, but it was still able to hit someone who hasnt reached Haruka's route yet. Christ, we can't go one episode without everyone complaining and comparing it.

..You do realize KyoAni cut out an entire ROUTE in the Clannad anime, right? And yet everyone bitches about anything that isnt on par with the VN in this. Hah, okay.
Feb 3, 2013 8:42 AM

Sep 2012
Funya-Usagi said:

3 girl arcs in and it's obviously got less than twice the impact Kanon/Clannad arcs had despite being just as good in the original.

We as visual novel players have been reassuring anime only viewers that the girl route's may not be as good as refrain but are at least on par with Kanon... but sadly it's not due to the directing.

at first i was expecting Refrain to be on After story level. but i think because of the directing it'll be on an emotional par with say.. makoto, or fuuko.

it's 17 episodes, 3 girl routes in.. they've already proven what they're capable of and that's reducing the emotional impact. I'm not going to be foolishly expecting the direction to get better out of nowhere for refrain unless they hire a whole new team.

Key productions' goals are to emotionally move their audience, so there definitely could be a potential problem.

The directing is an obvious problem. I'm hoping that because the material for Rin and Refrain is written by Jun Maeda, he will step in and make sure they don't trample over his work. Also, there should be some break time, and the sales have been good for the first season, so maybe Little Budget can be Bigger Budget? (I'm probably too hopeful for this.)

I know Refrain is going to hit me extremely hard when I remember all that Riki went through in the VN, but my main concern is how they're going to unveil the secret of the world. When they reveal the part about
it may not seem believable to the audience.

The subtle differences and strange occurrences every time you play through Little Busters, COMBINED WITH all the depth and emotional ups and downs are what turned

LB and Clannad are about the buildup. I still felt emotions when I watched Komari's route in the anime before reading the VN, and in Mio's route after I saw the VN, but the reason I felt feels in Refrain

HOWEVER, there IS hope for Little Busters Season 2, because there's still the animated element of Little Busters that managed to move me in Mio's route in the anime, while not shedding a tear in the VN.

Those of us that have played Refrain know that there's a lot of material from the VN that didn't get CGs.

I'm still not sure how this will transition to anime. Refrain anime will obviously still hit VN players harder than the anime watchers. There was just more buildup in the VN, but the animations, writing, and soundtrack might carry it.

I mean in Angel Beats, I didn't feel especially emotionally attached to any of the characters, and I still teared up towards the end and
when the music hit. I feel like Key's writing (specifically Jun Maeda) could very well carry season 2.
Feb 3, 2013 9:37 AM

Dec 2012
Seano299 said:
katsu044 said:
TimeToRepent said:
Shaka-Shaka_Hey said:
TimeToRepent said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa, Time is here hehehehehe.

I´ve just finished watching the episode, and I must admit this was a little more emotive than the last week. I give it a 3.7/5

Poor Haruka, all She had to suffer... I would beat to the sh*t his father, stupid son of a f*cking b*tch. But the ending has left me a little confused. Haruka is Kanata and Kanata is Haruka? Who are the parents of each one? Futaki`s family ordered Kanata spread all those papers? Why?

Oh God, this arc is really better (at least for me) than the other ones. I hope my questions will be answered next week. Also i hope for a good ending to Haruka`s arc.

Waiting is good sometimes...
As a VN player, i know what will happen but i don't want to spoil anyone.
This episode still great from what i see even-though they remove some scene, but at least all important scene still there.
GREAT episode, love Haruka <3

We`re two Haruka lovers. Greetings :D.

let me get in on this love too!

Would people be angry at me if I said I was a Kanata lover?

Nope, It doesn´t matter. She`s starting to like me a little bit. Greetings :D.
TimeToRepentFeb 3, 2013 9:41 AM

This is how it all begins.

My RYM|My Last.Fm|My Steam
Feb 3, 2013 9:38 AM

Dec 2012
You
katsu044 said:
TimeToRepent said:
Shaka-Shaka_Hey said:
TimeToRepent said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa, Time is here hehehehehe.

I´ve just finished watching the episode, and I must admit this was a little more emotive than the last week. I give it a 3.7/5

Poor Haruka, all She had to suffer... I would beat to the sh*t his father, stupid son of a f*cking b*tch. But the ending has left me a little confused. Haruka is Kanata and Kanata is Haruka? Who are the parents of each one? Futaki`s family ordered Kanata spread all those papers? Why?

Oh God, this arc is really better (at least for me) than the other ones. I hope my questions will be answered next week. Also i hope for a good ending to Haruka`s arc.

Waiting is good sometimes...
As a VN player, i know what will happen but i don't want to spoil anyone.
This episode still great from what i see even-though they remove some scene, but at least all important scene still there.
GREAT episode, love Haruka <3

We`re two Haruka lovers. Greetings :D.

let me get in on this love too!

You are welcome :D.

Feb 3, 2013 9:43 AM

Dec 2012
skapandi said:
Didn't feel anything about her flashback, like I did in the VN.The execution really is everything, it could've been done so much better in a way that actually made me care about the situation.I like that they involved the whole Little Busters group in this, but the directing/music placement kills it.I really hope they change directors(and fire the hell out of however places the OSTs) for Refrain.

Haruka's dad(aka the Kyousuke lookalike) showing up on this episode made me laugh way more than I should have.The resemblence is uncanny.

Have you ever thought that the reason for that could be that you already played the scene? I mean, in the VN, it was your first time seeing it, so it would've been totally unexpected and hit real hard. But with this, you already saw it all coming, so it didn't affect you. A lot of the events in Haruka's route relies on the player not experiencing it before and with the element of surprise. That's what almost all Key stories are reliant on.
Feb 3, 2013 9:59 AM

Sep 2012
well I assume that Kanata is wearing colored-contacts in the last scene... anyone else notice that Haruka and Kanata shouldn't share the same eye color?

Imo, the bgm during the start of this ep doesn't really fit in well with the situation. The feeling I get from the bgm and watching the scene is just so different. I don't know about you guys.

Still very confused about why are they trying so hard to portray Kanata as a b*tch. Is she supposed to do that? Didn't read the vn so I am totally clueless about it. I will just stick around until the end.
Feb 3, 2013 10:00 AM

Dec 2012
areyougood96 said:
So Kanata was forced to spread the news of Shou Saigusa's illegal actions... this is one messed up family

Saigusa`s family forced her, no? But, why?

Feb 3, 2013 10:06 AM

Dec 2012
Fo
Tyrel said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
That moved a bit too fast. The scene with the father was really bad.

How did Riki even catch up to them so quickly.

Well, a good thing is that I got such strong feels when Haruka told her story. Second best girl so far, after Rin obviously.

4/5

I'm starting to feel that 26 episodes is too short.

Series rating I'm considering is 7~8/10. I This adaptation cannot become a 10 anymore.

This one can't basically because it's what Visual novelers would be called the "Common route."

I'll wait til Refrain for my 10's.

For me, for now, is going to have a score of 8 - 8,5 / 10

Jul 2012
winter_mint said:
well I assume that Kanata is wearing colored-contacts in the last scene... anyone else notice that Haruka and Kanata shouldn't share the same eye color?

Imo, the bgm during the start of this ep doesn't really fit in well with the situation. The feeling I get from the bgm and watching the scene is just so different. I don't know about you guys.

Still very confused about why are they trying so hard to portray Kanata as a b*tch. Is she supposed to do that? Didn't read the vn so I am totally clueless about it. I will just stick around until the end.

Yes she was wearing contacts =P
winter_mint said:

There is a reason but I don't want to spoil it
blasterionFeb 3, 2013 11:06 AM
Jul 2018
This gets more intense and interesting every episode. xD

I wonder how this anime is gonna end, oh well something interesting is gonna happen in this next episode.
Feb 3, 2013 10:19 AM

Sep 2012
I just want more of this already...
Feb 3, 2013 10:25 AM

Oct 2011
This is one of the better episodes I've seen from this series. I'm starting to believe that criminal is really Kanata's father, not Haruka's. That may explain the hidden guilt Kanata has shown towards Haruka, as Riki has pointed out.

Feb 3, 2013 10:35 AM

Dec 2008
ihateeveryone said:

Maybe the emotional impact isnt as big as it was in the VN, but it was still able to hit someone who hasnt reached Haruka's route yet. Christ, we can't go one episode without everyone complaining and comparing it.

..You do realize KyoAni cut out an entire ROUTE in the Clannad anime, right? And yet everyone bitches about anything that isnt on par with the VN in this. Hah, okay.

Its not even fanboyism when the general execution is terrible.

As usual you are greeted with terrible JC staff like animation with a very low budget. I mean hell this is lower than the JC staff norm AND Sakurasou looks tons better than this.

Then we have the fact that the game is trying to focus on all the routes while maintaining friendship all at once and it manages to be a train wreck. The anime itself is literally only catering to those who have actually played the game and just want to see certain scenes animated. Without playing the actual game itself you wouldn't know or feel anything for these characters unless your generally new to anime or your highly impressed by the most little things. Little Busters happens to be one of the higher selling things BECAUSE of people who were hype about a little busters anime AND in order to get the bonus OVA episode you need to get all 9 bluray discs.

As a guy who has watched little busters and played it and also watched clannad and played it. The whole clannad missing an entire route out of a character who literally had no influence on the other routes is not a big deal. It was accompanied by great animation, and a nice way of tackling the routes together while progressively adding on to characters. Unlike Little busters where you just meet a character (lets say Mio in this case) and immediately dive into her route with having absolutely zero understanding of her character.
Feb 3, 2013 10:43 AM

Sep 2007
This series is getting duller by the episode ...

Feb 3, 2013 10:51 AM

Oct 2011
The end really caught me by surprise, this arc is really interesting.

I dont know if I misunderstood, but after Futaki met the lady in the car, she told Riki that: " They're all on edge, with DAD's release" . Does that mean she just admitted that Saigusa Shou is her father???
Signature
Feb 3, 2013 11:03 AM
Jul 2012
My only complaint is that they made the cake thing way too confusing, If I didn't read it before I wouldn't know what the hell was going on.
Riki eats Kanata's good cake
Riki eat's Haruka's bad cake
Riki eats Kanata's good cake
but they skipped the first one all together and it started to make 0 sense. They skipped the Marmalade too, which was important because Kanata can't handle citrus.
The entire focus of that scene was like "Riki ate my cake before yours and said it was delicious"
Feb 3, 2013 11:04 AM

Sep 2012
tysonultima said:
ihateeveryone said:

As usual you are greeted with terrible JC staff like animation with a very low budget. I mean hell this is lower than the JC staff norm AND Sakurasou looks tons better than this.

Then we have the fact that the game is trying to focus on all the routes while maintaining friendship all at once and it manages to be a train wreck. The anime itself is literally only catering to those who have actually played the game and just want to see certain scenes animated. Without playing the actual game itself you wouldn't know or feel anything for these characters unless your generally new to anime or your highly impressed by the most little things. Little Busters happens to be one of the higher selling things BECAUSE of people who were hype about a little busters anime AND in order to get the bonus OVA episode you need to get all 9 bluray discs.

As a guy who has watched little busters and played it and also watched clannad and played it. The whole clannad missing an entire route out of a character who literally had no influence on the other routes is not a big deal. It was accompanied by great animation, and a nice way of tackling the routes together while progressively adding on to characters. Unlike Little busters where you just meet a character (lets say Mio in this case) and immediately dive into her route with having absolutely zero understanding of her character.

This man speaks the truth^
Feb 3, 2013 11:13 AM
Nov 2012
My thoughts on the episode (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Kawaii > Universe
Feb 3, 2013 11:28 AM

Jul 2012
tysonultima said:
ihateeveryone said:

Hm, fair enough. It's better to hear legitimate criticisms then just the usual bitching, so thank you for that.
Feb 3, 2013 11:58 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Hmm. I guess, since I'm unqualified to watch the Little Busters anime I'll just drop it and save my time for something else.
Feb 3, 2013 12:07 PM

May 2012
decent episode, shit past of haruka :/
wonder how it developes
Feb 3, 2013 12:20 PM

Sep 2011
Naoki-Saten said:

It is: http://vntls.tindabox.net/project/little-busters/
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?pli=1&key=0Am1pV7ssY0D7dExyd3NxUTNGNUFHRWNLZjV3em8xbEE#gid=0

However, I heard that they will make the next release once they're 100% done with the whole game.

I'm so looking forward to it.

Nope. From what I've heard, they plan to release the next patch after translating the new contents(H-scenes, etc) and leaving Saya's path untranslated for the meantime. As of now, I believe that's what are they doing .

Feb 3, 2013 1:40 PM

Mar 2011
Nice episode! I like Haruka and so this arc is very much my cup of tea!

That evil smile at the end!
Feb 3, 2013 1:50 PM

Jul 2011
Cratex said:
Hmm. I guess, since I'm unqualified to watch the Little Busters anime I'll just drop it and save my time for something else.

Why are you "unqualified"?

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Feb 3, 2013 2:00 PM

Sep 2012
Mary_Vanucchi said:
Cratex said:

Because he dozens of hours making 1600 forum posts instead of playing the amazing visual novel for Little Busters.
Feb 3, 2013 2:08 PM
Apr 2011
The premise is interesting, but it has a lot of inconsistencies that is really straining my suspense of disbelief.
First off, why do the twins look identical? Fraternal twins are as genetically similar to each other as regular siblings are. So, fraternal twins should look as similar to each other as any pair of sisters. However, these twins are from two different fathers. The thought that two half sisters could look identical to each other is laughable (but not impossible).
Secondly, why did nobody suspect that these two were twins? Haruka reveals that Kanata is her twin, and everybody starts dropping jaws.
Third, why does the main family not know which child is the daughter of that dude? I'm not that knowledged in medicine, but isn't it possible to learn something like that from a simple blood test? It's clear that the father knows which girl is his daughter, which means some test was done in the past. So how did the main family not get word of this information?
Fourth, it doesn't really make sense to me why Haruka's father would get violent in the first place. He married into that family knowing full well their wacky tradition of 2 guys 1 girl. Getting tired of sharing his woman with another man was in the fine print.
Now that I think about it, what man in his right mind would ever agree to marry into that family? Is there actually a guy out there who is willing to share his girl with another man?? I know I wouldn't! Any rational thinking man would convince his lover that her family's traditions are retarded and they should run away and get married independently of them. Either that or the women of that family are extremely promiscuous and really enjoy having two lovers, and they also skillfully convince two men that marrying her is a good idea.
Fifth, I really don't see the big deal of being the child of a criminal. The man didn't even succeed in murdering anybody, it was attempted murder, and even if that man was the equivalent of Hitler, that is completely unrelated to his kids. The thought that that family would be so ashamed of a criminal in the family that they would beat his daughter is retarded. You know what that reminds me of? It reminds me of when the tsunami hit Japan. You know what some Americans were saying? They were saying 'it serves them right for what they did to Pearl Harbor'. Well what the heck, that was half a century ago, stop blaming people for sins their parents caused.
And what does Haruka's mother have to say about all that? Is she alright with her family abusing her daughter because her husband did something naughty?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2013 2:20 PM

Sep 2011
Seano299 said:
skapandi said:
Didn't feel anything about her flashback, like I did in the VN.The execution really is everything, it could've been done so much better in a way that actually made me care about the situation.I like that they involved the whole Little Busters group in this, but the directing/music placement kills it.I really hope they change directors(and fire the hell out of however places the OSTs) for Refrain.

Haruka's dad(aka the Kyousuke lookalike) showing up on this episode made me laugh way more than I should have.The resemblence is uncanny.

Have you ever thought that the reason for that could be that you already played the scene? I mean, in the VN, it was your first time seeing it, so it would've been totally unexpected and hit real hard. But with this, you already saw it all coming, so it didn't affect you. A lot of the events in Haruka's route relies on the player not experiencing it before and with the element of surprise. That's what almost all Key stories are reliant on.

No, I don't think that's it.I've replayed the scene once before and it still hit just as hard.
Hell, I got spoiled on Refrain before I ever played it and I still cried at it.
Feb 3, 2013 2:26 PM

Jul 2011
Vladz0r said:
Mary_Vanucchi said:
Cratex said:

Because he dozens of hours making 1600 forum posts instead of playing the amazing visual novel for Little Busters.

LOL.
I guess is something regarding @tysonultima post (great post btw), but who knows.

makoa69 said:
The premise is interesting, but it has a lot of inconsistencies that is really straining my suspense of disbelief.
First off, why do the twins look identical? Fraternal twins are as genetically similar to each other as regular siblings are. So, fraternal twins should look as similar to each other as any pair of sisters. However, these twins are from two different fathers. The thought that two half sisters could look identical to each other is laughable (but not impossible).
Secondly, why did nobody suspect that these two were twins? Haruka reveals that Kanata is her twin, and everybody starts dropping jaws.
Third, why does the main family not know which child is the daughter of that dude? I'm not that knowledged in medicine, but isn't it possible to learn something like that from a simple blood test? It's clear that the father knows which girl is his daughter, which means some test was done in the past. So how did the main family not get word of this information?
Fourth, it doesn't really make sense to me why Haruka's father would get violent in the first place. He married into that family knowing full well their wacky tradition of 2 guys 1 girl. Getting tired of sharing his woman with another man was in the fine print.
Now that I think about it, what man in his right mind would ever agree to marry into that family? Is there actually a guy out there who is willing to share his girl with another man?? I know I wouldn't! Any rational thinking man would convince his lover that her family's traditions are retarded and they should run away and get married independently of them. Either that or the women of that family are extremely promiscuous and really enjoy having two lovers, and they also skillfully convince two men that marrying her is a good idea.
Fifth, I really don't see the big deal of being the child of a criminal. The man didn't even succeed in murdering anybody, it was attempted murder, and even if that man was the equivalent of Hitler, that is completely unrelated to his kids. The thought that that family would be so ashamed of a criminal in the family that they would beat his daughter is retarded. You know what that reminds me of? It reminds me of when the tsunami hit Japan. You know what some Americans were saying? They were saying 'it serves them right for what they did to Pearl Harbor'. Well what the heck, that was half a century ago, stop blaming people for sins their parents caused.
And what does Haruka's mother have to say about all that? Is she alright with her family abusing her daughter because her husband did something naughty?

About their appearance: just an anime thing, I don't think is a big deal. Also, it helps to enhance the situation of "incertainty" surrounding their origins, and Key wants to tell a message with this.
Key stories always relies in magic or some conveniences to make points and drama with likeable characters (at least is waht they are supposed to be.

About the blood test: they can't do anything without the consent of all parts involved. Saigusa Shou refused to help in anything.

About the marriage and parents: now you're making suppositions without waiting for answers that are supposed to come in the next episode. I won't tell you much, is better for you to wait, watch the next episode and take your own conclusions.

About the criminal stuff: are you surprised of seeing people judged by their origins? For me, it's believable - even more in japanese anime where they like to tackle those issues of family honor.
Also, you just gave one example of americans holding a grudge against japanese people. Blame people for their parents sins is retarded, but it's exactly the point.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Feb 3, 2013 2:28 PM

Jan 2013
makoa69 said:

Alright, that's a whole lot of questions. I'll try to be brief on answering them, for a change.

1. & 3. Please re-read the contents of this topic, as the subjects you speak of were already discussed and partially explained.
4. The guy's name is Saigusa Shou. He was born into that rotten family. As to why he did what he did and his methods, please watch the next episodes. If the matter is not explained in the Anime by the end of the Arc, I'll gladly fill in the gaps.
5. Well, you are an intelligent being, just as most of the people on this forum. The public, however, is dumb and superficial. Ancestry does matter in public. You've brought an example for that yourself.

Concerning the question about Haruka's mother, it seems like they don't intend to let her make an appearance in the Anime (If I didn't misunderstand, she and her other husband are still missing after being disinherited. It was different in the VN). If that proves to be true, then you can ask the VN readers to explain the matter.
Feb 3, 2013 3:11 PM

Sep 2012
1. http://www.today.com/id/30864533/site/todayshow/ns/today-parenting_and_family/t/mother-gives-birth-twins-different-dads/#.UQ7tQ6U6pBk
Unlikely and unrealistic, but apparently it's happened.

2. They don't let on to being twins with each other. They don't exactly act like twins, associate with each other, or have the same last name.
Also, there are plenty of characters that look similar to each other, especially in anime, like Ryou, Kyou, and Kotomi in Clannad (all look identical lmao)

3.) The whole purpose of the contests, and the fact that he was a convict was to determine which child was whose, rather than getting a DNA test. If there was a DNA test, there'd be definitive proof of who is whose child. By the end of the route, Key aimed for a story to tell us that it doesn't matter whose child you are or who's judging you, that's why

4. Literally everything is worded and expanded on more fully in the VN that these whacky family conditions involved some decently developed characters (Mother + Saigusa Shou) that experienced a ton of different emotions and motives regarding their actions in the relationship.

5. People gossip by nature. Do people not prejudice against races and religions for terrorist attacks? Prejudice is everywhere, and Key made note of that.
Also, Haruka was already a troublemaker. She even said that she never really had friends, I'm pretty sure the episode emphasized that pretty well.

The girls looking alike is a bit farfetched, and it would definitely make little sense if this was a movie or something. They do have different eye color though.

There is one theory...
Feb 3, 2013 4:25 PM

Aug 2010
Funya-Usagi said:

Pretty much this.
Feb 4, 2013 12:06 AM

May 2012
Kanata needs to get bitch slapped.
Feb 4, 2013 12:57 AM

Oct 2012
the ending similar to mio's arc...

love this ep... XD

Feb 4, 2013 5:36 AM

Oct 2010
We pretty much know that Rin route and Refrain will be left for a second season, but what about Kurugaya?

I've seen many comments saying her route should be left for the 2nd season, but I disagree. I think her route should be the last one of the 1st season, somewhat connecting both. The question is if there'll be time to do so.
Feb 4, 2013 6:01 AM

Sep 2011
Limechan said:
We pretty much know that Rin route and Refrain will be left for a second season, but what about Kurugaya?

I've seen many comments saying her route should be left for the 2nd season, but I disagree. I think her route should be the last one of the 1st season, somewhat connecting both. The question is if there'll be time to do so.

This should be on the Anime - VN discussion thread. Anyway,

Episode 18: Haruka's ending arc.
Episode 19-21(Or 22 for obvious reasons): Assume this will be Kud's arc or Kud's arc contains 3(Or 4) episodes.

And we have 5(Or 4) episodes remaining so what we can only do is to assume what are they going to do on those remaining episodes.

-- If this is a double post, blame the fucking MAL lag.

Feb 4, 2013 7:58 AM

May 2010
Oh that rain scene should have looked EPIC..
Feb 4, 2013 8:31 AM

Dec 2007
Gregor Mendel is really sad...
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Funya-Usagi - Jan 5, 2013

185 by little_raven »»
Feb 20, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.