Forum Settings
Forums

Anime you dislike and/or regret completing and why?

Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Feb 1, 2013 11:48 PM

Eiken, just what the hell man, why? WHY?
*Cringey anime weeb stuff*

Feb 2, 2013 12:02 AM
Clannad After Story: Characters are sisy, girly, slow, and childish. I might have enjoyed it if I were a 10 yo kid. Also it felt all the characters were fake.

Feb 2, 2013 12:25 AM
Completing K-ON was pretty pointless, looking back... Perhaps not to the point of regret, but I don't recall feeling that sitting through it all was totally worth it. WHEVS.

Feb 2, 2013 12:41 AM

Neane1993 said:
SquadmemberRitsu said:

c) I'm a closet masochist.

There is a point in our anime watching days when we accept our inner masochist and actively search out terrible anime to watch for the sole purpose of inflicting pain on our mortal bodies.
That's probably why I enjoyed Guilty Crown so much.

Feb 2, 2013 1:20 AM

Yes 11eyes
I started the anime with high hopes(always a bad idea)
Then it started getting worse after each episode.
I found myself just watching it to see some ending that will make sitting trough this shit worth it. But instead it was one of the worst endings ever with asspull after asspull.
By the time it was over if found myself asking why the fuck did I just wasted 7 hours of my life. Only anime that I ever finished and still regret it.

Feb 2, 2013 2:01 AM
Agitated Screams of Maggots
That MV made me go braindead for a couple of hours.
Found the video on youtube and curiosity struck. Totally regretted it.

Feb 2, 2013 2:29 AM

Anon123456 said:
eminagnam said:
Clannad After Story: Characters are sisy, girly, slow, and childish. I might have enjoyed it if I were a 10 yo kid. Also it felt all the characters were fake.

Is it just me or is Clannad After Story now officially one of the most despised anime of all time? I swear it keeps appearing in negative threads like this and I really really don't know why. It never used to. Now people treat it as if they wish it had never been made or something!

It's one of those vocal minority kind of things.

And, no, I don't think I regret watching anything.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Feb 2, 2013 2:52 AM

Shugo Chara

I watched it on a bet that I couldn't get through it and I had to watch it all the way through Shugo Chara Party.

I wish I hadn't taken that bet...

Feb 2, 2013 3:26 AM
Anon123456 said:
It never used to.

Perhaps people were just under a kind of hypnosis back then.

Feb 2, 2013 3:53 AM

I didn't complete it, though I still regret watching those 17 episodes of SAO.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.

Feb 2, 2013 3:54 AM

True men, only looks forward.
but joking aside, Happy Lesson not sure how I watched it till the end.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source

Feb 2, 2013 5:14 AM

Well, earlier in this thread, I mentioned that I was going to plow through School Days? I finally finished it, and I will say that I completely regret it. Terrible show. Worst I've seen yet.

Feb 2, 2013 5:34 AM

I don't regret watching bad anime but I regret spending money on something that I don't like.
"Kickstarter for Rokujouma physical book will be live this fall. Be sure to back it up guys."

Feb 2, 2013 5:59 AM

I get there's this sense of relief finishing a bad anime... I can't think of one I regret watching though. ^^

Feb 2, 2013 6:06 AM

NeoAnkara said:
Queens Blade. I regret wasting money buying these.

lol you bought queens blade, sorry just thought that was kind of funny...

and to answer op i can't think of an anime i regret completing
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 2, 2013 6:37 AM

LayedBack said:
NeoAnkara said:
Queens Blade. I regret wasting money buying these.

lol you bought queens blade, sorry just thought that was kind of funny...

and to answer op i can't think of an anime i regret completing
I pick it at random. After all my instinct usualy right.
"Kickstarter for Rokujouma physical book will be live this fall. Be sure to back it up guys."

Feb 2, 2013 12:11 PM

Elfen Lied. It disgusted me. I couldn't watch a horror anime, my favourite genre, for a while after that thing.

Feb 2, 2013 12:17 PM

I kind of regret sitting through the first two seasons of Precure + Splash Star. Not because it was completely bad, it was average, but those three seasons had 145 episodes. I could have used the time I spent watching this shitload of so-so episodes with another lengthy series that was actually good.

Feb 2, 2013 12:45 PM

Green Green i have no idea how i found that, how i ended up watching it, or how in the actual fuck i ended up finishing it but somehow i did and i think it ended up as my lowest rated anime in my list.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
Modified by NTAD, Aug 2, 2015 1:24 PM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/

Feb 2, 2013 12:49 PM

I don't regret watching any of the anime I have watched. Some may not have been too good but none of them were bad enough that I would say "I regret watching it"

Feb 2, 2013 1:00 PM
Pico series: Like someone said, it's surely unforgettable...even so unforgettable I can't kick him out of my head...he clings to my mind somehow. In this respect, it's a scary series. Wish I had not watched it. Now I fear I accidentally sing the memorable tune of OP in public, which would make people chuckle if they knew the anime. (The song itself is nice and healthy, but a problem is it's a song of the series.) Oh scary.

Feb 2, 2013 1:11 PM

Chocolate Underground - It was childish. Dunno what I was expecting. I could have watched a movie or something instead.

White Album - I remember nothing about this series just that the MC was a total dope and it was boring.

Brave 10 - At least there was like 1 cool fight. But still lame.

UN-GO - So many predictable mysteries and boring characters except for Inga.

Arcana Famiglia - Ahaha.. The art was wasted and so were the great voice actors.

Night Head Genesis - Don't experiment with anime when you're bored and procrastinating.

Peach Girl - I wanted to stop watching. I really did. But I just couldn't stop for some reason. It brought out my inner soap opera.

SAO - Meh. The only episode I actually enjoyed was the first one. It was like watching a train wreck gradually happen with each episode.

Blood+ - Not worth the episodes and it was just plain meh.

Anything I ranked as a 4-5 or lower pretty much fulfills that "why'd I watch this" criteria.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."

Feb 2, 2013 1:14 PM

gigglingidiot said:

White Album - I remember nothing about this series just that the MC was a total dope and it was boring.

Questioning how this couple depicted here is a couple to begin with. Only 4 episodes in, so I guess I'll have to wait to find out.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.

Feb 4, 2013 8:41 PM

If I'm not enjoying an anime, I'll usually just drop it. I don't see the point in sitting through hours of something I'm not being entertained by, so I don't find myself regretting the anime that I DO finish. And even if I didn't find a show to be very good by the end, I don't regret it because it was just another new experience to tuck away for later. c:

Feb 4, 2013 8:46 PM

Planetes.

That series makes everyone I suggest it to want to kill them selves, not because it's bad, but because it's just that good. My brother swore to never watch it again.

Feb 4, 2013 8:51 PM

non... realy... i don't even regret watching bokura ga ita (wich i gave a low score because i started to hate the main girl and the open ending)

like CaptainCurryCat said, when i don't enjoy a show i just drop it and think nothing of it. most shows i don't even put on my dropped list (some just to remind people NOT to recomend them again haha... like death note wich i picked up and dropped 3 times because people kept recomending and saying how godly it was)
Romance Anime List

Romance Anime List

3DS friend code 3325-2089-7587 (pm yours)

Feb 4, 2013 8:53 PM

kickthebucket said:
non... realy... i don't even regret watching bokura ga ita (wich i gave a low score because i started to hate the main girl and the open ending)
The manga continues and has a definitive, non-open ending.

Feb 4, 2013 9:28 PM

I liked GaoGaiGar FINAL and finished it, but skipped the denouement completely after the villains all vanished. Both their total inhumanity and its ending where the Gutsy Galaxy Guard is supposedly eliminated made me wish someone just destroyed its plot-driving device, the Pas-Q Machine, right away to save GGG this trouble.

I am more comfortable viewing anime in general when I know in advance how the series is going to end. If I know a lame, heartbreaking ending comes after an epic final battle, I skip the denouement altogether and get on with something else.

Also, I dropped AIR because it's pointlessly depressing, nothing special happened there and...if I told you its ending, it would be like saying Racer X is Speed's brother or that Darth Vader is Luke's father.
Modified by 1231415333, Feb 4, 2013 9:40 PM

Feb 4, 2013 9:52 PM

Neane1993 said:
SquadmemberRitsu said:

c) I'm a closet masochist.

There is a point in our anime watching days when we accept our inner masochist and actively search out terrible anime to watch for the sole purpose of inflicting pain on our mortal bodies.

This is my sole reason for watching Chaos;Head right now. I keep hearing how bad it is so naturally I must see it for myself.

As for what I regret? Black Butler, the second season that is. I loved the first season, but when it comes to the second season I absolutely despise Alois Trancy and his butler. Not to mention I was not a fan of how it ended, I liked the ending from the first season much better.

Feb 4, 2013 10:26 PM
well, if it's a bad anime, I'm actually relieved I've completed it as I can now watch something better. If it's a good anime, I'm sometimes sad it's over but I get over that pretty quickly.

if you mean anime I regret starting, that would be something like Ghost Hound, since I went into it thinking it'd be a action mystery and it was actually slow-paced mindfuck.

Feb 4, 2013 10:49 PM

Tavor said:
gigglingidiot said:

Questioning how this couple depicted here is a couple to begin with. Only 4 episodes in, so I guess I'll have to wait to find out.
You're going to regret watching it.. It's pathetic. Oh well, hopefully you'll enjoy it more than I did.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."

Feb 5, 2013 1:08 AM

Angel Beats. I don't like the ending.

Feb 5, 2013 1:37 AM
Blue Flames.

This is like the 80s version of School Days in 47 mins or something (well, not quite - I haven't watched School Days, but..).

Dare I say it - this might of been better if they made the lead's sociopathic tendencies a bit more prominent. Well, maybe not more enjoyable but maybe better.

Not to make him Patrick Bateman level (in that did he/did he not horrifically murder women) - but something a bit more... He was just so boring! But apparently he does have a really big...

(BTW comparing it's 'potential' to American Psycho is doing this show far more credit than it ever could possibly deserve. It's pretty bad. Not to mention American Psycho hadn't been written at that time).

I like how one of the tags in MAL is romance LOL!

[edit: written - should say published I guess]
Modified by toomuchcoffee, Feb 5, 2013 1:41 AM

Feb 5, 2013 1:41 AM
originanime

I shall never regret completing an anime because even if it was bad, at least I got it over with. It was bound to happen eventually.

Feb 5, 2013 1:58 AM

Vampire Knight - There's nothing interesting happening there.... I don't really like vampires, I just watch to see what's all the hype about, but it's a waste of time and energy.

School days - It's all typical romance, except the ending part which didn't redeem the whole story.

Feb 5, 2013 2:59 AM

AIR .... i regret watching the last ep
if only i knew what will happen i would end it at eps 11 as happy end

Feb 5, 2013 4:51 AM
Think mine would be fruits basket, didn't hate it but felt a little 'eh' after lol

Feb 5, 2013 6:18 AM

I dont regret watching anything.

I do regret marathoning Endless Eight before watching Dissapereance though. Longest night of my life.

Feb 5, 2013 6:28 AM

K-ON!! (Season 2)

I kinda wanted to watch It slowly so I don't have to complete It right away, but I didn't even realize that was the "Final Episode" and I was like "NOOOOO!"

Feb 5, 2013 7:03 AM

Another. The ending was shit. That's the worst I can come up with. It's safe to say I haven't seen really horrible series yet.

Feb 5, 2013 1:16 PM

When I die I will look back at Gantz and know I wasted that time horribly.

Feb 5, 2013 1:19 PM

all my favorites because rewatching them doesn't feel the same

Feb 5, 2013 1:36 PM

renders said:
all my favorites because rewatching them doesn't feel the same

I have to agree with you.

Feb 5, 2013 3:44 PM

higurashi kai

extremely disappointing after the 1st season of awesomeness

Feb 6, 2013 8:22 AM
Gundam Age. Only finish because I was halfway already. Did not like the concept of going over 3 Generation of the characters, find it hard to know who is the real main Characters.

Feb 6, 2013 8:33 AM

Off the top of my head Clannad, Steins Gate and Sword Art Online.

They were pretty boring and I regret finishing them since I could of used saved time to watch some better anime if only I dropped them.

Feb 6, 2013 9:01 AM

Probably, the only anime I ever regretted completing watching was Final Fantasy VII : On the Way to a Smile - Episode: Denzel. Horrible narration destroyed what could have otherwise been a pretty good OVA. The rating I gave it is quite generous, to be honest. I should have given it below a 5, but I couldn't tarnish the Final Fantasy name.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
Modified by NTAD, Aug 2, 2015 1:28 PM

Feb 6, 2013 9:12 AM

I don't regret any of the anime I've seen out of the little that I've seen so far.

Feb 6, 2013 9:31 AM
Well, it looks like I have none. The ones I don't like are Claymore and Angel Beats, I don't know why but I gave them a 6 and a 7. Interesting, I should re-score everything.

Feb 6, 2013 9:41 AM

Busou Shinki, total waste of time and Fortune Arterial something idk its a crappy anime about a girl going to school and something with vampires.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »