Forum Settings
Forums

Anime you dislike and/or regret completing and why?

New
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
Aug 1, 2015 5:58 AM

Dec 2013
Feaor said:
Hunter x Hunter (2011) for being really good and really crap at the same time, why couldn't CA be even close to as good as Yorknew?
that's cuz 2deep4u

Finishhhh the arc
Aug 1, 2015 6:07 AM

Oct 2014
Lancehot said:
Btooom! Someone thought Battle Royale meets Bomberman was a good idea. Then they thought to fill it with lazy gamer stereotypes to better reflect its target audience. Then they thought to make the stakes higher they'd add a female character whose a walking rape magnet. Then they thought they'd make the rape a "Baka! Hentai!" joke so the MC could get in on it. Then they managed to make consensual sex look even rapier than rape. Then I lost faith in Japan.

Oh, man I agree with you 100%. I believed I was the only one that thought Btooom! was an abomination
Aug 1, 2015 6:11 AM

Mar 2015
robis798 said:
Feaor said:
Hunter x Hunter (2011) for being really good and really crap at the same time, why couldn't CA be even close to as good as Yorknew?
that's cuz 2deep4u

Finishhhh the arc

Well there's a certain kind of expansive storytelling employed in the Chimera Ant arc of HxH 2011. Think of LOGH, another good example of it, which he also has on hold. It's not cut out for everyone.

But it is a funny coincidence that he stopped at 115, which is right before a very pivotal episode.
Aug 1, 2015 6:15 AM

Feb 2015
The only thing that I really hate about SAO is that no one else can make a show with that same premise for a long while without people thinking that it's just an SAO clone. It's such a good premise and they wasted it.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
NTADAug 2, 2015 6:04 PM
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Aug 1, 2015 6:19 AM

Aug 2012
Soul Eater - like wtf was the build up for if your gonna make the last 8 episode filler?

Aku no Hana - shitty rotoscoping at its' finest haven't come across something this bad in a while, mine as well go read the manga.

Aug 1, 2015 6:51 AM
Jun 2015
Veneficia said:

Dangaropa or whatever the fuck that shit is terrible, worst reason ever.

Persona series just for existing.

But persona and dangan ronpa aren't anime.. Wel at least how you're putting it XD
Also, the english in the dangan ronpa one is FOOKIN' AMAZING.

School Days is the worst anime I've seen. I didn't givd it a one because there are two characters I like but Makoto ruined the whole thing.

I also hate Corpse Party.. Tortured Souls.
The manga and the games are fantastic, but the anime is so bad that it couldn't even follow a plot. Even that crappy anime the dangan ronpa games got had a story that actually happened.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
NTADAug 2, 2015 6:05 PM
Aug 1, 2015 9:13 AM

Mar 2015
utsu musume sayuri, because i get nothing from this except a week of nightmare. fucking terrible experience.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 1, 2015 9:20 AM

Nov 2014
Harem anime with a lot of fanservices
Aug 1, 2015 9:44 AM

Jun 2015
Detective Conan. I really, really dislike that pointless thing.

I don't think there's other anime that I dislike. I've even seen Glasslip, and even though it bored me enough to make me want to study, I didn't hate it.
-_-
Aug 2, 2015 5:10 AM

Aug 2014
Mirai Nikki because Yuno and Yukki both sucked and the entire show was just a terrible trainwreck
Aug 2, 2015 5:24 AM

Feb 2015
Unyilkdr said:
utsu musume sayuri, because i get nothing from this except a week of nightmare. fucking terrible experience.

Amen to that.
Aug 2, 2015 5:27 AM

Mar 2014
JewellTH said:
Veneficia said:
Dangaropa or whatever the fuck that shit is terrible, worst reason ever.

Persona series just for existing.

But persona and dangan ronpa aren't anime.. Wel at least how you're putting it XD
He's probably talking about the anime adaptations
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 2, 2015 6:16 AM
Jun 2015
Comic_Sans said:
JewellTH said:

He's probably talking about the anime adaptations

Nah, the persona 3 movies were adapted pretty well.

The only persona anime that wasn't too good was the golden one for persona 4 which took a character I and many other people liked from Golden and glorified her as a mary sue.
Aug 2, 2015 6:42 AM

Jun 2010
Ecchi anime with immobile plot. It's like they were filling more boobs and butts than maximizing the flow of the story
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2015 6:44 AM

Jun 2012
1. Sword Art Online
While I originally saw SAO as a quite decent anime (to the point where I almost put it on my list of favorite anime), its fanboys - the Sao Fengs - are rather irritating to me. They praised SAO all the time as if it is the best anime ever made (while in reality, it isn't), and that made me feel that it was not a good idea of liking SAO. Until that moment came where a certain famous person in Gundam community declared that SAO is the absolute WORST anime ever and it made the infamous Gundam SEED Destiny look like a MASTERPIECE in comparison. I watched the SAO review videos that he recommended, and after watching the reviews, I finally began to go all-out disliking SAO and its fanboys. Whew, I'm glad I didn't put it on my list of favorite anime back then. I should've known more about its pros and cons rather than its mere popularity. And, yes, the cons totally outweighs the pros.

2. Tokyo Ghoul
My opinion about that anime is roughly the same as this guy's:

Comic_Sans said:
I hate Tokyo Ghoul with a burning passion. The writing is pretentious, it tries 2 B edgy N deep but fails hard, the main character is an unlikable cunt who does nothing but cry and stays the same for the first eleven episodes until a certain event takes place and then suddenly his personality does a complete 180 because why the fuck not, the other characters get no character development either, all we get is some of the characters' tragic backstories – and flashbacks ≠ development, even if some people seem to think that –, there are lots and lots of logic holes, the animation is terrible, the voice acting is overdramatic and over the top. Did I mention that the fanbase consists of rabid edge lords and that the sequel is a hundred times worse? It's been four-five months since the sequel ended and I'm still outraged

Not only Kaneki is a pathetic character, he is also way too overrated, and he is definitely the WORST Ken ever made.
"All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu."

However, in Gundam, all life begins with Nu and ends with Hi-Nu. While in KanColle, all life begins with Nu and ends with Kinu.
Aug 2, 2015 6:57 AM

Jun 2014
Ninja Scroll.

It's the worst Anime I've ever seen in my life, and so far, it's the only Anime I've scored a 1.

Aug 2, 2015 7:11 AM

Oct 2014
Worst anime would have to be Needless, absolutely a disaster which had many elements stolen from one of my favourites gurren lagann. Avoid this show with all your strength.
Aug 2, 2015 9:18 AM

Mar 2015
Exowave said:
Unyilkdr said:
Amen to that.
i am not surprised if it come for you.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 2, 2015 9:23 AM

Oct 2012
Bakemontogari. Might trigger some people. Overall I think it's dialogue had no meaning, too much pedo moments and fan service.

Aug 2, 2015 9:24 AM

Feb 2015
Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso-Hands down the most overrated show on MAL.

Fairy Tail-I love shonen series but this shit was indigestible.The fan service is just annoying.Not to mention the bs powerups

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works-Apart from the godtier animation what's amazing in it?

Sword Art Online-Enough said
Feaor said:

and i thought CA was miles better than Yorknew (not that Yorknew is bad)

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
NTADAug 2, 2015 6:09 PM
Aug 2, 2015 1:09 PM

May 2015
Green Green is so cruel to women that it just makes me sad to think about it.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Aug 2, 2015 1:13 PM

Jun 2015
From the one's that I've seen probably Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi because the ending was a piece of shit.
Aug 2, 2015 1:23 PM

Nov 2014
Texhnolyze. An anime can't be considered a masterpiece if it only has 4 decent episodes.

Whalelala said:
Bakemontogari. Might trigger some people. Overall I think it's dialogue had no meaning, too much pedo moments and fan service.

Triggered.

But honestly, it did have a lot of pedo moments and fan service, but I thought the dialog was fun to listen to.
Aug 2, 2015 1:24 PM

May 2012
aikaflip said:
Texhnolyze. An anime can't be considered a masterpiece if it only has 4 decent episodes.

Whalelala said:

Triggered.

But honestly, it did have a lot of pedo moments and fan service, but I thought the dialog was fun to listen to.

Texhnolyze is better haibane "do nothing for 10 episodes and meander around with angel wings while ripping off Haruki Murakami" Renmei.
Aug 2, 2015 1:26 PM

Jan 2011
Zeally said:
Most recently probably cross ange lol

That show was like intentionally bad or something

Personally, I prefer intentionally bad better than unintentionally bad, if you know what I mean.
Aug 2, 2015 1:26 PM

Apr 2013
Suzuka and Kimi no Iru were unbelievably frustrating. Fuck that author.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
NTADAug 2, 2015 6:11 PM
Aug 2, 2015 1:27 PM
May 2015
Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji) after it deviated from the manga (i think around episode 16 maybe it was episode 19) i could not even pull my self to watch one episode. It is the only anime i have not finished, i usually will finish an anime no matter how bad the anime is.
Aug 2, 2015 1:31 PM

Mar 2015
Mushmallow said:
Suzuka and Kimi no Iru were unbelievably bad. Fuck that author
suzuka is bad. kimi no iru machi is good (manga), but anime is nothing compare to it. half and half is amazing, princes lucia is worst, fuuka is awasome, and love plus: rinko days is average. most incosistent author ever i read.
Aug 2, 2015 1:34 PM

Nov 2014
PoeticJustice said:
aikaflip said:

Triggered.

Texhnolyze is better haibane "do nothing for 10 episodes and meander around with angel wings while ripping off Haruki Murakami" Renmei.

You must be confusing Haibane Renmei with Texhnolyze, because that anime literally didn't do shit other than show some angry asshole breathing heavy, grunting, and punching stuff for 18 episodes. And then for the last 4 episodes it tried to explain the "deepness" of all the pretentious bullshit that preceded.
Aug 2, 2015 1:34 PM

Apr 2013
Unyilkdr said:
Mushmallow said:
suzuka is bad, that truth. kimi no iru machi is good (manga), but anime is nothing compare to it. half and half is amazing, princes lucia is worst, fuuka is awasome, and love plus: rinko days is average. most incosistent author ever i read.
I've only read the manga for both series. Kimi no Iru was really good for the first half, but after
it becomes absolute shit. At some points it felt like I was reading fan fiction or a VN because of the repetitive filler chapters.
Aug 2, 2015 1:36 PM

May 2012
aikaflip said:
PoeticJustice said:

You must be confusing Haibane Renmei with Texhnolyze, because that anime literally didn't do shit other than show some angry asshole breathing heavy, grunting, and punching stuff for 18 episodes. And then for the last 4 episodes it tried to explain how deep all the preceding pretentious bullshit was.

"Didn't do shit."

You demonstrate a minimal understanding of the show lol. Calling a show pretentious doesn't mean anything either. Btw, your review of the show was just as bad as the show you described, ironically.
Aug 2, 2015 1:38 PM

Oct 2012
aikaflip said:
You must be confusing Haibane Renmei with Texhnolyze, because that anime literally didn't do shit other than show some angry asshole breathing heavy, grunting, and punching stuff for 18 episodes. And then for the last 4 episodes it tried to explain the "deepness" of all the pretentious bullshit that preceded.
If that's all you got out of the first half of Tex then I have absolutely no clue what to tell you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 2, 2015 1:38 PM

Mar 2015
Mushmallow said:
Unyilkdr said:
suzuka is bad, that truth. kimi no iru machi is good (manga), but anime is nothing compare to it. half and half is amazing, princes lucia is worst, fuuka is awasome, and love plus: rinko days is average. most incosistent author ever i read.
I've only read the manga for both series. Kimi no Iru was really good for the first half, but after
it becomes absolute shit. At some points it felt like I was reading fan fiction or a VN because of the repetitive filler chapters.
agree with it, that LDR II arc are pure milking of this series. better end in tokyo arc.
Aug 2, 2015 1:45 PM

Nov 2014
PoeticJustice said:

"Didn't do shit."

You demonstrate a minimal understanding of the show lol. Calling a show pretentious doesn't mean anything either. Btw, your review of the show was just as bad as the show you described, ironically.

No, I understood what it was trying to do, and it completely failed on every level. Being slow, drawn out, cryptic, and incoherent doesn't equal deep. That's just bad writing. There are much better post-apocalyptic stories that explore the implications of transhumanist ideals. Hell, even Transcendence with Johnny Depp is better than Texhnolyze.
aikaflipAug 2, 2015 1:52 PM
Aug 2, 2015 1:49 PM

Jan 2011
Unyilkdr said:
Mushmallow said:
suzuka is bad. kimi no iru machi is good (manga), but anime is nothing compare to it. half and half is amazing, princes lucia is worst, fuuka is awasome, and love plus: rinko days is average. most incosistent author ever i read.

What is this bs, Suzuka (manga) is obviously the best. Kimi could've been good but halfway through, the author decided to turn the main character into loser, so it's only good for the first half.
Aug 2, 2015 1:54 PM

Apr 2013
ShiroiMuffler said:
Unyilkdr said:

What is this bs, Suzuka (manga) is obviously the best.
Suzuka felt like a bad first draft of Kimi no Iru. The main character dedicated his life to Suzuka and was incredibly retarded. "I want to become the best athlete in Japan" then gives up a few chapters later. Suzuka's a bitch. All the other female and male characters only exist to push the main couple's relationships along. zzz
Aug 2, 2015 1:54 PM

Mar 2015
ShiroiMuffler said:
Unyilkdr said:
What is this bs, Suzuka (manga) is obviously the best. Kimi could've been good but halfway through, the author decided to turn the main character into loser, so it's only good for the first half.
what i don't like from suzuka is how the character is much lack of confidance, when another one is haveing too many confidance and the story is like cheap drama with soo many type cliche and plot driven character in it. kimi no iru machi second half story is yes, bad. but how both character developed is kinda amazing honestly, but kinda forced by little sister plot driven. thats why i only give it good. fuuka and half & half are better. but fuuka are kinda boring recently honestly.
KumaAug 2, 2015 1:59 PM
Aug 2, 2015 2:04 PM

Apr 2015
Just a simple question. Do you guys hate the anime itself or is it the fan-base, because if you hate an anime because of it's fan-base then it's unfair for the anime.
I've never let myself be influenced because of the fan-base or hype and so far it's been working for me. I like even the most hated shows such as SAO, AoT, NGNL, AB, Guilty Crown etc because I've never let myself be influenced by anything other than what the anime has to offer.
I'm able to enjoy almost everything because of this but lately I'm being effected by the HxH fanbase (best shounen ever comments) but if I ever watch it, I'll have the hype and its fan-base on the back of my head.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2015 3:38 PM

Jan 2009
Persona Trinity Soul
One of the worst pieces of crap I have had the displeasure of watching. It's an insult to any SMT/Persona fan.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni
I expected something as good as Higurashi... There's not enough words to describe how disappointed I was

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Aug 2, 2015 3:42 PM

Jun 2014
Peach Girl, it makes me so mad.

CG-Silver said:
Just a simple question. Do you guys hate the anime itself or is it the fan-base, because if you hate an anime because of it's fan-base then it's unfair for the anime.
I've never let myself be influenced because of the fan-base or hype and so far it's been working for me. I like even the most hated shows such as SAO, AoT, NGNL, AB, Guilty Crown etc because I've never let myself be influenced by anything other than what the anime has to offer.
I'm able to enjoy almost everything because of this but lately I'm being effected by the HxH fanbase (best shounen ever comments) but if I ever watch it, I'll have the hype and its fan-base on the back of my head.

Agreed, I love HxH but its fanbase gives me cancer. I hope you still enjoy it whenever you watch it though
Aug 2, 2015 6:26 PM

Feb 2013
Multiple threads cleaned and merged.

So, to give a synopsis, two older threads were locked some time ago for simple listing, derails, spam, bait and a bunch of other nonsense. I have cleaned, re-opened and merged these two threads with a new one created yesterday which would have suffered a similar fate and been locked or removed as a duplicate.

Because I herd u guiz don't liek locked threads, NTAD-sama has spent a good portion of his day off working to keep this topic alive. However, I invite you to observe the edit to the OP. These are the conditions for it to stay open. Not difficult really. IF you dislike a show, there should be a reason. Share it.

Any posts I found to have violated these stipulations have already been removed. If you felt it was in error (which it more than likely wasn't) you're welcome to re-post with some added thought.
Aug 2, 2015 6:33 PM

Dec 2013
I watched one of the new crappy 3d animated/2d animated Berserk films. I think that experience ruined all of Berserk for me. I also watched a garbage live action Rurouni Kenshin film which ruined the Rurouni Kenshin anime.
Aug 2, 2015 6:35 PM

Mar 2015
usagi drop. i regret it because it ended become one of my favorite, that make me interesting read manga. and then in manga......... forget it!
Aug 2, 2015 6:35 PM

Dec 2013
I also watched one of the horrible Ghost in the Shell reboots and now GITS is shit in my eyes to. Stop making shitty reboots plz.
Aug 3, 2015 8:53 AM

Apr 2015
I regretted watching Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka.The plot is very horrible and the characters are boring as hell.I still force myself to watch it hoping that it will get better in every episode to come but I were literally wrong and wasted my time on a completely boring anime.
Aug 3, 2015 9:07 AM

May 2013
The only anime I really regret finishing are the really great ones, where I can't stop watching because of how good they are. I then sink into despair following their completion as the magnitude of the fact that there is no more left to enjoy dawns upon me.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Aug 3, 2015 9:09 AM

Dec 2014
MrAM said:
The only anime I really regret finishing are the really great ones, where I can't stop watching because of how good they are. I then sink into despair following their completion as the magnitude of the fact that there is no more left to enjoy dawns upon me.

Same for me.
]
Aug 3, 2015 9:11 AM

Dec 2012
ef- a tale of memories was utter garbage. Shaft's style was completely unfitting, lots of cringeworthy scenes, cheesy, one of the VA's makes my ears bleed, unrealistic H scenes.

Hentai prince something was pretty fucking bad as well.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Aug 3, 2015 11:18 AM
Jun 2015
Neon Genesis Evangelion- fucking waste of time, overrated as hell

Tengen Toppa Gureen Lagaan- just silly and ridiculous, best character was disposed of so the pussy MC can become cool, fuck that shit

K-On- why does this exist?
Aug 3, 2015 11:57 PM

Sep 2014
Sousei no Aquarion, even though it isn't the lowest thing on my list, it is definitely the shittest. There is no way I can get back those 26 episodes of time. Why? Simply because of how they conclude the mystery. Throughout the whole anime there is this thing about who reincarnated into who.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 8 hours ago

35 by ryzxgum »»
33 seconds ago

Poll: » Spring 2024 my fav anime lineup yet! What is your fav series that is going under the radar?

rohan121 - 7 hours ago

11 by BitChilly »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

78 by MedK001 »»
14 minutes ago

» Can Anime Elves Become Overweight ?

tchitchouan - Yesterday

12 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
29 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

72 by ChouunShiryuu »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.