Forum Settings
Forums

Anime you dislike and/or regret completing and why?

Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
May 15, 2013 7:06 AM

The only animes that I regret completing are the ones that I enjoyed because they ended.For instance,I regret Black Lagoon doesnt continue,it has the potential to be long atleast as Fairy Tail.
However,I dont regret completing the ones that were more annoying than enjoying.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me

May 15, 2013 8:01 AM

Gurren Lagann
Was waiting for it to get better..it didn't

Feb 4, 2015 9:02 AM

90% of all the anime I ever watched.
Sturgeon's law applied.

Feb 4, 2015 9:05 AM

Inferno Cop because it didn't even try.

Feb 4, 2015 9:09 AM

Gurren Lagann. The worst anime experience I've ever had...
And Kamina, one of the worst character I've seen...

Feb 4, 2015 9:10 AM

Lmao well one piece is pure shit i hate to even say its anime and guess i could have given my reasoning :) Well inuyasha and FMA are both in the same boat i just cant stand the MC's for more than a couple of episodes thus ruining the entire series for me lol.
Steins gate i just cant get into the mc is a bit annoying and the story for what ive watched just didnt peak my curiosity

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
Modified by NTAD, Aug 2, 2015 5:18 PM

Feb 4, 2015 9:16 AM

Chobits, if I want to watch a show about F'ing a computer i'll watch the movie Control Alt Delete

Feb 4, 2015 9:16 AM

anything with tons of unnecessary drama, like True Tears or ef
also onegai teacher was just so bad I will bash on it whenever I can

Feb 4, 2015 9:18 AM

wolfbreed said:
Lmao well one piece is pure shit i hate to even say its anime and guess i could have given my reasoning :) Well inuyasha and FMA are both in the same boat i just cant stand the MC's for more than a couple of episodes thus ruining the entire series for me lol.
Steins gate i just cant get into the mc is a bit annoying and the story for what ive watched just didnt peak my curiosity

So you don't hate them you just don't really like them and can't get into them (apart form one piece which I think is shit too). There where a lot of anime that I was reluctant to get into when I was younger but now I am a lot more open minded. Code geass comes to mind of something that I watched two episodes of kinda gave up then I gave it another shot and it turned out to be one of my favs. SAO is the only really bad show I have watched.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
Modified by NTAD, Aug 2, 2015 5:20 PM

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.

Feb 4, 2015 9:36 AM

Lucky Start for having such a dreadful opening.

Feb 4, 2015 9:43 AM

does nobody besides me hate ookiku furikabutte though

i've never encountered somebody who does
and i dont get it

Feb 4, 2015 9:44 AM

The 2006 version of Fate Stay Night is a disgrace.

As of right now, I would say FSN: UB>FZ season 1 by a mere smidgen. Now as to which is better it depends on how well the second half of Unlimited Bladwords is.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 4, 2015 9:45 AM

chuuzenjis said:

and i dont get it

no, but i am hating the name though .... it's freaking weird (ಠ_ಠ)

Feb 4, 2015 9:45 AM

chuuzenjis said:

and i dont get it
I liked it well enough but I wanted to beat the MC limp with his own shoes

Feb 4, 2015 9:47 AM

Killaclown said:
chuuzenjis said:

and i dont get it

i had to drop it because the mc made me so angry i had to grit my teeth
i'm not even exaggerating i literally hated everything about that character
he isn't even 'cute' he's just annoying af omg

Feb 4, 2015 9:49 AM

chuuzenjis said:
Killaclown said:

yeah not sure how I was able to look past my hate enough to watch.... have to remember him when worst MC threads come up again, he's definitely a contender

Feb 4, 2015 9:51 AM

Killaclown said:
chuuzenjis said:

yeah not sure how I was able to look past my hate enough to watch.... have to remember him when worst MC threads come up again, he's definitely a contender

i watched like 10 episodes and thought i could make it through to the end but nah no way

Feb 4, 2015 9:56 AM

WAD1992 said:
chuuzenjis said:

and i dont get it

no, but i am hating the name though .... it's freaking weird (ಠ_ಠ)

I've seen more weird titles than that lol

Feb 4, 2015 11:09 AM

Kind of a weird question...

If I know I won't like it, I won't watch it or if it starts off good but falls off later, I stop watching it.

So my "most disliked anime" would be something I didn't bother to watch and I don't see any point in actively hating on something I didn't watch.

The real question seems closer to something like "what popular anime do you have an irrational hatred for?".

Feb 4, 2015 12:44 PM

The Tatami Galaxy specials (http://myanimelist.net/anime/8985/Yojouhan_Shinwa_Taikei_Specials)
I watched the entire anime in one sitting, loved it, and then went straight on to the specials. What a let down!

Origin: Spirits of the Past (http://myanimelist.net/anime/1140/Giniro_no_Kami_no_Agito)
This looks brilliant, but it's just so derivative and boring.
Bittenfeld said:
To tell you my honest feelings, Admiral Müller, as the groom at a wedding ceremony, the Kaiser is simply just a handsome man, I'm afraid to say. But as the supreme fleet admiral who leads entire fleets, he's really a godly person. Don't you think so, too?
Müller said:
I think he's quite godly as a groom, too.

Feb 4, 2015 1:26 PM

The No Game No Life Specials. So cheap. No animation at all.

Feb 4, 2015 1:53 PM

JumpinJC said:
The No Game No Life Specials. So cheap. No animation at all.
That was the whole point of those specials <.<

Feb 4, 2015 3:13 PM
No Game No Life. Both protagonists (if they can even be referred to as protagonists) ruined it completely for me.

Feb 4, 2015 3:40 PM

UndeadKrypt said:
No Game No Life. Both protagonists (if they can even be referred to as protagonists) ruined it completely for me.

What's so wrong about them? They are pretty cool, especially Shiro.

As for me, I am not really sure. Onegai Teacher was probably the worst anime I managed to sit through.

Feb 4, 2015 3:51 PM
klooha said:
UndeadKrypt said:

What's so wrong about them? They are pretty cool, especially Shiro.

I really disliked how they were portrayed as unbeatable. Sora acts like he's a messiah, and Shiro's not as bad, but panty and crotch shots of an 11-year old just five minutes into the show? Yeah, no.....

Aug 1, 2015 1:05 AM
I don't really hate any anime but mine would probably be Mirai Nikki. It's just that the main character is too annoying.

Mod Edit: Edited post for clarity and to match flow of thread.
Modified by NTAD, Aug 2, 2015 5:54 PM

Aug 1, 2015 1:13 AM

Please don't kill me, if you want me to, I'd be happy to rewatch them to see if I'm just being a bitter fuck.

What pissed me off about Mirai Nikki was when

I don't hate many animes but I despised Clannad : AS from beginning to end, in my honest opinion playing the VN is better than watching the anime.

The original Clannad was pretty good, but maybe my reasoning for hating AS is because of the huge Nagisa focus.

I just don't like Nagisa.

I might have to spoil the rest of this post because I don't want to die.

Aug 1, 2015 1:23 AM
Otaku Whisperer

Btooom! Someone thought Battle Royale meets Bomberman was a good idea. Then they thought to fill it with lazy gamer stereotypes to better reflect its target audience. Then they thought to make the stakes higher they'd add a female character whose a walking rape magnet. Then they thought they'd make the rape a "Baka! Hentai!" joke so the MC could get in on it. Then they managed to make consensual sex look even rapier than rape. Then I lost faith in Japan.

Aug 1, 2015 1:26 AM

School Days because it's very uncomfortable to watch, makes me angry all the time and I have not found anything enjoyable about the show. But I'm not saying that it's bad show.

NGE because I can't stand the cast in that show. I can't stand annoying brats in anime overall and this was full of them.

Kyoushirou to Towa no Sora. It has probably the most useless female MC I have ever seen. She does literaly nothing in whole series except writing letters to her prince charming. She is THE damsel in distress that's being saved all the time while complaining how boring and unlucky life she has. Ugh, I would rather stand on my hands in cold water full of snakes for whole day than watch another minute of this show.

I burned up... I burned out... To pure whiteness. - Yabuki Joe

Aug 1, 2015 1:41 AM

So not the worst, but the one I dislike the most?

Psycho Pass. Everyone gives it a free pass for its dystopian setting but literally everything about the opening episode relied on inconsistent and unrealistic plot convenience to the point where the thought of having to sit through another episode makes me want to cry. It's not even badly directed, but that only makes it worse to me.This wasn't some Idea Factory-tier abortion that no-one sunk any real money into. This was a script that well known directors and producers were happy to work with. It makes me question my faith in humanity.

I don't dislike Mirai Nikki. It's shit, but it's not the sort of show people watch expecting anything other than their fix of Elfen-Lied tier yandere girl. The premise is sort of cool, but they're handling it in such a clumsy manner that you can't really build your hopes up.

Speaking of which: Elfen Lied. The anime just arbitrarily cuts off halfway through the plot of the manga. What the hell? The second half of the manga is the better half too. I hate it when studios do that to manga adaptations. I bet that happens to Gakkou Gurashi too :|
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.

Aug 1, 2015 1:43 AM

Most recently probably cross ange lol

That show was like intentionally bad or something

Aug 1, 2015 1:52 AM

_Dan_ said:
School Days because it's very uncomfortable to watch, makes me angry all the time and I have not found anything enjoyable about the show.

This.

Also Diabolik Lovers. Its disgusting.

Aug 1, 2015 1:55 AM
Forum Moderator
Bot Hunter

Violence Jack probably. It made me really fucking angry and uncomfortable with its subject matter.
One bright day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight
Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other
A deaf policeman heard the noise and came and killed those two dead boys

Aug 1, 2015 2:13 AM
Everything that I've rated below 5. But out of those I'd say, Kimi ni Todoke 2nd season. It was about the frustrating adventures of two morons misunderstanding each other for an entire fucking season.

Aug 1, 2015 2:22 AM

I don't really like Akame ga Kill

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
Modified by NTAD, Aug 2, 2015 5:58 PM

"Love does not hurt when you're loving the right person."-
Tachibana Marika

~Anime List Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ My Profile~

Aug 1, 2015 2:24 AM

Neon Genesis Evangelion which Mr. Icirate will disagree with me on, but the Christian symbolism and other messages to me were forced and the characters were beyond unlikable with nothing redeeming to me at all. Not to mention Gainax's low quality art and animation too. While I could comprehend the show, the fact that it sends the ultimate "Fuck You" message to my type of watcher is the top layer within many layers that I could go on for days.

I watched this show on Toonami when I was 9 years old and didn't understand shit, picked it up years later and finally got the message, did not enjoy a minute of what I was learning about. It's a show not for everyone, and that's just the way it is.
"If you died, would anyone care? Would they really care? Maybe, they'd cry for a day. But, let's be honest no one would give a shit. They wouldn't. The few people that would feel obligated to go to your funeral would probably be annoyed and leave as early as possible. That's who you are. That's what you are. You are nothing to anyone. To everyone."
-Mr. Robot

"I can take another name, and build a new life.. But on the inside I'll always have that instinct, no matter how much I hate it. I'm yakuza through and through. Guile only gets you so far in this game. Remember that. You won't get another chance."
-Kiryu Kazuma

Aug 1, 2015 2:31 AM

Vhailor said:
Everything that I've rated below 5. But out of those I'd say, Kimi ni Todoke 2nd season. It was about the frustrating adventures of two morons misunderstanding each other for an entire fucking season.

obscureanimefan said:
I think little girls are sexy.

Aug 1, 2015 2:37 AM
Definitely Diabolik lovers. It was a very frustrating. It honestlyade me angry. The plot was full of cliches on steroids and the female protagonist was not only very stupid but passive

Aug 1, 2015 3:40 AM

[color=gray]Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara.

It's plain stupid. Concept was promising, but the show was just so full of dumb cliches and takes too long to get to the actual story. And then again, the actual story itself doesn't make any sense, nothing is explained in the end, and the ending is just another one of those silly harem endings.
[/color]

Aug 1, 2015 3:50 AM

Fairy Tail. I can't believe i watch it till the end. And FT 2014 is even worse than that.

Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso. Overrated, melodramatic, it's not freaking relatable and.... Shit

Aug 1, 2015 4:00 AM

Inferno cop it's shit.
Ninja slayer shit

Steins;gate boring asf but I think I'm more angry at the fact that I was let down.

Dangaropa or whatever the fuck that shit is terrible, worst reason ever.

Persona series just for existing.

Denpa kyoshi "hey otakus we get and like you so plz give us money - A-1 pictures

Aug 1, 2015 4:33 AM

Mirai Nikki because the characters ruined it. And Vampire Knight since has a stupid story and annoying characters.

Aug 1, 2015 4:39 AM

Shitgatsu - worst melodrama ever lol.

Mirai Nikki - Trainwreck writing, shit MCS and poorly written characters.

Aug 1, 2015 4:48 AM

BruceLad said:
Trainwreck writing

that's a first for me

Aug 1, 2015 5:00 AM

I've been waiting for this thread

I hate Tokyo Ghoul with a burning passion. The writing is pretentious, it tries 2 B edgy N deep but fails hard, the main character is an unlikable cunt who does nothing but cry and stays the same for the first eleven episodes until a certain event takes place and then suddenly his personality does a complete 180 because why the fuck not, the other characters get no character development either, all we get is some of the characters' tragic backstories – and flashbacks ≠ development, even if some people seem to think that –, there are lots and lots of logic holes, the animation is terrible, the voice acting is overdramatic and over the top. Did I mention that the fanbase consists of rabid edge lords and that the sequel is a hundred times worse? It's been four-five months since the sequel ended and I'm still outraged

TL;DR: Tokyo Ghoul is a terrible anime and you should stay the fuck away from it
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Salman bin Abdul Aziz said:
@Comic_Sans I hate to insult you on forums but you are just a troll so just go kill yourself already bitch

Aug 1, 2015 5:06 AM

Comic_Sans said:
I've been waiting for this thread

I hate Tokyo Ghoul with a burning passion. The writing is pretentious, it tries 2 B edgy N deep but fails hard, the main character is an unlikable cunt who does nothing but cry and stays the same for the first eleven episodes until a certain event takes place and then suddenly his personality does a complete 180 because why the fuck not, the other characters get no character development either, all we get is some of the characters' tragic backstories – and flashbacks ≠ development, even if some people seem to think that –, there are lots and lots of logic holes, the animation is terrible, the voice acting is overdramatic and over the top. Did I mention that the fanbase consists of rabid edge lords and that the sequel is a hundred times worse? It's been four-five months since the sequel ended and I'm still outraged

TL;DR: Tokyo Ghoul is a terrible anime and you should stay the fuck away from it

I agree completely. I mean, the first season has an 8.1 average!!!! And then the second has 7.6 , which is till too high for that piece of crap.

Aug 1, 2015 5:06 AM

TheBasedNico said:
Neon Genesis Evangelion which Mr. Icirate will disagree with me on, but the Christian symbolism and other messages to me were forced and the characters were beyond unlikable with nothing redeeming to me at all. Not to mention Gainax's low quality art and animation too. While I could comprehend the show, the fact that it sends the ultimate "Fuck You" message to my type of watcher is the top layer within many layers that I could go on for days.

It's not uncommon to have a protagonist that has their moments of doubt in certain shows; I think that in some respects Shinji's cowardice had to be forced so that it would come across as intentional.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.

Aug 1, 2015 5:17 AM

Pokémon.

It being a show aimed at kids is no excuse to make it suck. It has such a huge amount of potential that's completely ignored, it's frustrating.

Aug 1, 2015 5:21 AM

Tokyo Ghoul's first season is great if you haven't read the manga at least. It was entertaining as hell, to the point where I watched it all in one go. Not everything has to measure up to some kind of objective standards.

Aug 1, 2015 5:21 AM
Other than Shitgatsu, the most recent will be White Album. I have already written down my reasons in my blog and I can't be bothered to write another one again. To keep things short, it is utter rubbish. Even worse than Golden Pee Time.

Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »