Forum Settings
Forums

Anime you dislike and/or regret completing and why?

Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Mar 9, 2013 2:29 PM

Fossa said:
I kind of regret completing Toradora becouse it isin't as good as the first time when you watch it once more.Still waiting for a memory eraser to be invented.
Other than that there is ofcourse school days.

I agree, especially if I could erase a memory like in the Regular Show episode "Brain Eraser".

Mar 9, 2013 2:33 PM

Berserk
It wasn't a bad anime though but the ending kept bugging me for month's. Then i picked up the manga and I've been reading manga ever since.

Mar 9, 2013 4:33 PM

Ichigo 100%

I hope anyone who has seen this agrees(lol). This anime is a fucking disgrace.
Michael D. Gillis - Mayor of Scrubsville

Mar 9, 2013 7:35 PM

Kampfer. I don't even know why I started the anime in the first place.

Mar 9, 2013 7:56 PM
Tonagura.

I gave it a try on a whim because the title was similar to Toradora...

Mar 9, 2013 8:35 PM

elfen lied

all the horror scared the hell out of me
"Currently playing the Game of of Life"
Poppin Pills is All We Know - Antidote

Mar 10, 2013 5:59 AM

Monster

After the library episode and the
cliche scene i just knew it that the confrontation was going to be dragged out to the last episode

And then the last episode - among other things that i hated this takes the gold medal

Mar 10, 2013 9:13 AM

I regret Aki-Sora. Seriously, what the hell was that...

Mar 11, 2013 10:37 AM

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Because I became addicted to it, it's still my favorite anime btw.

Mar 12, 2013 12:10 PM

0_0 Well, I don't regret anything I WATCH, but... -_- Anything I hate, I'll list it here. I'm gonna put some heart and time into this list:

Whoo. XD That was fun.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
Modified by NTAD, Aug 2, 2015 2:11 PM
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!

Mar 12, 2013 12:23 PM

I don't regret completing anything because now I know what's a waste of time but I still wasted my time watching it but since I watched it already I know that's a waste of time so I wont watch it anymore but I still watched it once but I wouldn't know if it's a waste of time if I didn't watched it but even If I didn't watched it I would waste my time watching it somehow...
Okay, nevermind.. Arcana Famiglia...

Mar 12, 2013 12:31 PM

SAO, Guilty Crown

Really I watched it for the sake of completion and to see how bad it would get :|. OH it got pretty bad. :|

Mar 12, 2013 4:37 PM

Any romance series without a proper couple at the end and Da Capo. Da Capo deserves it's own mentioning, because this series is awful. If you want to torture yourself, then please watch this series. All five of the seasons please. In a row. You'll die. Horribly.
Modified by Yang94, Mar 12, 2013 4:41 PM

Mar 12, 2013 9:20 PM

Windy Tales.
BUT MOST OF ALL THE TSUKIHIME ANIME!!!!
me: what do you mean there was no tsukihime anime?
Random person: There was?!
Me: yup, you're right, there was no tsukihime anime, i wonder when they'll make it though?

Mar 12, 2013 9:21 PM
I actually did a review in the series section. But Michiko To Hatchin. Increeeddibly disappointed with how the season ended. Too much stuff unexplained, too many fillers, and a lot of out of character moments. Just, ugh. It started great, though.
I haven't found a really good anime in a really long time. :(

Mar 12, 2013 11:02 PM

Alien Nine: After I saw that it had been compared to Evangelion, Madoka and Bokurano I had to watch it. What the actual fuck was all of that about?!?

Mar 13, 2013 4:29 PM

I can't really say I have anything that I regret watching. Whether it was good, bad, or awful beyond recognition, each series I've watched has helped enhance my anime experience.

The Kohime Musou trilogy comes closest in terms of regret, but without it I probably would have stumbled onto something just as terrible and learned later on.

Mar 13, 2013 6:55 PM

Ratohnhaketon said:
I can't really say I have anything that I regret watching. Whether it was good, bad, or awful beyond recognition, each series I've watched has helped enhance my anime experience.

The Kohime Musou trilogy comes closest in terms of regret, but without it I probably would have stumbled onto something just as terrible and learned later on.

Exactly, that's why I assume 90% anime suck since after watching an certain amount of anime you can just watch 1 episode and most of the time you probably know the rest.

Mar 14, 2013 12:17 AM

Honestly, I really didn't like Elfen Lied. "Its story is complex" they told me, "It's not all about the blood and nudity" they told me.
Someday soon the novelty of your personality will wear off and people will see you for the bore that you really are

Mar 14, 2013 12:37 AM

78uh said:
Honestly, I really didn't like Elfen Lied. "Its story is complex" they told me, "It's not all about the blood and nudity" they told me.

The story is not complex indeed but it's not all about blood and specially nudity, although the violent scenes are the main feature of the anime it still had a decent story.
Modified by Tormented, Mar 14, 2013 12:49 AM

Mar 14, 2013 12:42 AM

Rio Rainbow Gate and Freezing almost made me stop watching Anime.
http://mikenieto.blogspot.com/ - Gaming reviews, articles, anime and figures.

Mar 14, 2013 2:27 AM

Trinity Blood - You are probably wondering why well because the series was shaping up to be good but the ending was just awful!

Berserk - Same thing terrible ending.

Apr 10, 2013 12:04 AM

Going back off the most "hated" thread, I'd say the anime I hated the most when I completed it was Hidan no Aria...

GOOD GOD DO I HATE THIS ANIME! I really wish I could go back to myself 2 years ago and tell myself not to watch that series...because it will define how much I will truly hate tsunderes.

Apr 10, 2013 12:44 AM

Soul Eater, I don't regret watching it , EXCEPT for the last episode. If I had stopped at 50/51, I wouldnt have had tp witness the worst series ending I have ever seen. And everytime Soul Eater crosses my mind, All I can think about is the ending, not the 50 episodes of awesomeness that came before it.

Apr 10, 2013 1:08 AM

Zero no Tsukaima F, I just can't stand the last episode.

Apr 10, 2013 1:10 AM

MidnightBlossom said:
Soul Eater, I don't regret watching it , EXCEPT for the last episode. If I had stopped at 50/51, I wouldnt have had tp witness the worst series ending I have ever seen. And everytime Soul Eater crosses my mind, All I can think about is the ending, not the 50 episodes of awesomeness that came before it.

Fucking oath! That ending was god awful, Square Enix should not be allowed to do anime original endings. I mean take a look at Fullmetal Alchemist, Soul Eater, Kuroshitsuji and Pandora Hearts.

Apr 10, 2013 1:10 AM

MidnightBlossom said:

That's the one thing that bugged me when I watched Arkada's review of Soul Eater. He gave it some praise because it was a "shounen that came to an end." While I like and respect Arkada's reviews, I said to myself, "dude, are you serious? Yeah, I know its a shounen that ended...but that ending sucked...hardcore."

I'm with you. I liked that series but good God did that ending suck and the final battle was anti-climatic as all hell.

Apr 10, 2013 1:12 AM

Toucanbird said:
Going back off the most "hated" thread, I'd say the anime I hated the most when I completed it was Hidan no Aria...

GOOD GOD DO I HATE THIS ANIME! I really wish I could go back to myself 2 years ago and tell myself not to watch that series...because it will define how much I will truly hate tsunderes.

Word. I dropped it 5 minutes into second episode. Because that's when I realized how much I despise tsunderes
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi

Apr 10, 2013 1:27 AM

AmakawaYuto said:
Zero no Tsukaima F, I just can't stand the last episode.
Blame the anime staff for creating too many anime original scene. Thought it was understandable since ZnT author healt is unstable so they don't want it to left hanging.
"Kickstarter for Rokujouma physical book will be live this fall. Be sure to back it up guys."

Apr 10, 2013 1:32 AM
Mou-chan

In all honesty: Ikkitousen. Not for the expected reasons since I probably give the series more credit than it realistically deserves. But because I'm completely fucking obsessed with it to the point where I've literally had dreams about it. A majority of my signatures and wallpapers on my DeviantART page represent the show. Couldn't last a week without mentioning it back when I was a mod on another forums. Just... f-f-f-fuck! Get it out of my head already! And yes! I'm aware that my avatar isn't helping, but I like it because it annoys QueenJenny!

...Well at least I can say that a somewhat hot girl recommended it to me, though I mentally made sure that she isn't the reason why I'm obsessed with it.

Apr 10, 2013 2:05 AM

To Heart. I came across a scene of it on YouTube a long time ago which motivated me to watch this anime, but once I started watching I was going "dafuq is this!" all the time. Especially season 2 which had completely different characters from season 1.

Apr 10, 2013 2:10 AM

Yume de Aetara (TV) - Horrible end, the ova is much better.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous - After the first half this show has become boring as hell.

Arcana Famiglia - Oh well...

Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi - The MC chose the worst girl.

Wolverine/Blade - Mindfuck!

Apr 10, 2013 2:14 AM

ainky said:

Natsuyuki Rendezvous - After the first half this show has become boring as hell.

He chose the girl with the funniest personality. I can live with that. I would have been much more mad if he chose

I can't fucking stand her!

Apr 10, 2013 2:16 AM

Toucanbird said:
ainky said:

He chose the girl with the funniest personality. I can live with that. I would have been much more mad if he chose
I can't fucking stand her![/spoiler]

Are you fucking kidding me?

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
Modified by NTAD, Aug 2, 2015 2:16 PM

Apr 10, 2013 2:18 AM

ainky said:
Toucanbird said:

I can't fucking stand her!

Are you fucking kidding me?

Screw that, I couldn't stand her. Treated the MC like shit and she knew Ui liked him.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
Modified by NTAD, Aug 2, 2015 2:19 PM

Apr 10, 2013 2:25 AM

^ for me it's the opposite, the MC treated her like shit

Apr 10, 2013 2:28 AM

I don't really regret finishing any anime. If I didnt like it, I would have dropped it.
If the ending was bad, or sad, ill get over it.

Apr 10, 2013 2:30 AM

ainky said:

Really? She beats the crap out of him over a misunderstanding, Ui clarifies the misunderstanding, and she still gives him the cold shoulder like he still did something wrong?

I would treat her like shit too if she gave me that sort of treatment right off the bat.

Apr 10, 2013 2:39 AM

Natsuyuki Rendezvous.

It was just atrocious, but I got stuck finishing it just because I wanted to see how fucking terribly they'd ruin such an easily-made-interesting and good concept. I regret finishing it because it was just so bad and the ending made it ten times worse, I should have just dropped it once I realized the body switch wasn't temporary.

Apr 10, 2013 2:42 AM

Toucanbird said:
ainky said:

Really? She beats the crap out of him over a misunderstanding, Ui clarifies the misunderstanding, and she still gives him the cold shoulder like he still did something wrong?

I would treat her like shit too if she gave me that sort of treatment right off the bat.

Modified by ainky, Apr 10, 2013 2:49 AM

Apr 10, 2013 2:47 AM

Queen's Blade just because it was horible even for ecchi standard. It try to have plot but overshadowed by ecchi that is not really good. Especialy that Catleya *cough*cow tits*cough*.
"Kickstarter for Rokujouma physical book will be live this fall. Be sure to back it up guys."

Apr 10, 2013 3:22 AM

ainky said:
Toucanbird said:
ainky said:

Really? I'd argue Madoka was just as passive as Ui, but I'll save that argument for a minute. First, let's address Ibuki.

Now, for Madoka...

As for Ui...

Idk about you, but I think we should just agree to disagree. I'm probably not going to get you to look at Ui in a different light and I highly doubt you're going to get me to look at Ibuki in a different light. I seriously can't stand characters like Ibuki in anime, so it's hard for me to sympathize for her when

Apr 10, 2013 3:40 AM

@Toucanbird Now, you've done a good analysis here, it was a good reading. I can understand your point of view but as you said we should just agree to disagree.
Modified by ainky, Apr 10, 2013 3:55 AM

Apr 10, 2013 4:39 AM

ainky said:
@Toucanbird Now, you've done a good analysis here, it was a good reading. I can understand your point of view but as you said we should just agree to disagree.

Oh, I can't really blame her either for trying. What bugged me was that

Look at it this way ainky, if you were that disappointed with the anime, you could always play the VN. That way, you can get it to end the way you want it. :P

Apr 10, 2013 4:43 AM

^ I know but I don't like to play VN, or better, I don't know where to find them xD

Apr 10, 2013 5:52 AM

Little Busters.. I finished it just because I was so far already, just for the sake of completing it. Total waste of my time I wish I had stopped after the 3rd ep. Season 2 looks like it is going to be better tho.

Apr 10, 2013 5:58 AM
Zetsuen no Tempest hands down. Got bored after a while and felt the need to complete it just to see if it would shock me. Nope.

Apr 10, 2013 5:59 AM

Hmm, I don't think I regret completing any anime...
After all, if I complete it and hated it (which is rare because I drop so much) then I get to complain about it more, and complaining about crappy things can be pretty fun sometimes.

Apr 10, 2013 9:00 AM
Ragnarok

Everything is bad about the anime, the characters especially.

Apr 10, 2013 9:09 AM

Lucumo said:
Ragnarok

Everything is bad about the anime, the characters especially.

Oh, thanks for this post. I had forgotten to add that crap to my list.

Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »