Forum Settings
Forums

Anime you dislike and/or regret completing and why?

New
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 6, 2013 2:30 PM

Aug 2012
http://myanimelist.net/anime/14199/Onii-chan_Dakedo_Ai_Sae_Areba_Kankeinai_yo_ne!
Man, what the hell was I thinking going into this? Yet, I finished it, and I regret wasting my time on it.

Also, Zero no Tsukaima/The Familiar of Zero: The flow was good in the second season until the last few minutes of the last episode of the second season. Then it got worse and worse and didn't get any better, all the way to the very end.

Code Geass: I will never again experience something so epic...
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Feb 6, 2013 4:34 PM

Jan 2012
I remembered I regret watching Narutaru after hearing it's so dark
it was a waste of time,one of the worst shows I've watched
Feb 7, 2013 2:10 AM

Sep 2007
I regret not only watching but completing series like tokyo mew mew and mermaid melody. WTF was I thinking?? I'll blame it on the fact that I was new to anime at the and therefore watched everything I found on youtube...
Feb 7, 2013 2:22 AM
May 2010
Slam dunk, maybe? Huge waste of time, though I dont think regret is quite the right word. /Shrug.
Worships Asparagus.
Feb 7, 2013 2:29 AM

Apr 2012
None everyone I complete in another peg in my massive list I'm building also I like to dominate anime trivias at anime conventions you always get free DVDs that way. Even if something is bad well I at least like to know why it is.
Feb 7, 2013 4:23 AM

Apr 2011
I don't regret anything I've watched or completed.
Feb 7, 2013 6:32 AM

May 2012
Sword Art Online. I should have just stopped before ALO started, like everyone was saying but I had to find out for myself. :(
Feb 7, 2013 7:13 AM
Feb 2013
I will Say Burst Angel. It's far from the worst show I've seen, it's just that I feel tricked.

Me and a friend rented the series from Hastings, all seven DVD's, since it was only 1$ rentals for them at the time. (No Idea if Hastings is still doing that.)

We watched DVD 1, and it was fairly bad, but seemed like it had potential.
We Watched DVD 2, it was worse, but felt like they were going somehwere good.
We watched DVD 3-6, and it was half way through volume six we realized something. It wasn't getting better. This was all watched in Two sittings mind you.

But hell, one DVD left. So we watched it. And oh dear god was that ending terrible.
Feb 7, 2013 11:34 AM

Aug 2010
I usually don't regret completing an anime series, I feel like after I am done with it then I can move on and even if it was bad, it's just another entry in my list.

That said I really regret watching all of Endless Eight, what was I thinking, what was KyoAni thinking...I never felt more trolled in my life.
Feb 7, 2013 11:42 AM

Dec 2012
I generally regret completing series I really disliked the ending to such as:

KruszerFeb 7, 2013 12:29 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Feb 7, 2013 12:20 PM

May 2012
I haven't watched any animes I disliked so I can't say I've wasted my time on any of them, however I always have this feeling of regret upon completing one, knowing it's all over =( Even more so for Deadman Wonderland, because I knew there wouldn't be a next season.. which really, I still can not comprehend =|
QUOTE Iskander from Fate/Zero::
The king must be greedier than any other! He must laugh louder and rage harder!
He must exemplify the extreme of all things, good and evil!
That is why his followers envy and adore him, and why the flames of aspiration, to be as the king is, can burn within his people!
Feb 7, 2013 4:29 PM

Oct 2012
As of right now, Fate/Stay Night. I might not regret it much longer, because it gave me a good foundation to understanding Fate/Zero's premise.
Feb 7, 2013 7:34 PM

Jun 2012
Vyudali said:
AceFlonne said:
Arcana Famiglia
This. Fucking this. Complete waste of my time and nothing to show for it. I told myself it would get good later on, but nope. I could have been watching something good instead of that.
Yes, yes, yes and again yes. some more i could add would be Togainu no chi, X the movie, A.d police (All of my rage for this one..) maria holic (WHYY) shining hearts shiawase no pan (It was about bread after all..)
toyall123 said:
As of right now, Fate/Stay Night. I might not regret it much longer, because it gave me a good foundation to understanding Fate/Zero's premise.
I stress that you should watch unlimited blade works. if you don't like that there's something wrong with you. xD

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
NTADAug 2, 2015 1:31 PM
Feb 7, 2013 8:36 PM

Oct 2012
Torappu said:
I stress that you should watch unlimited blade works. if you don't like that there's something wrong with you. xD

I have. I did enjoy it a lot more than the original series :)
Feb 8, 2013 5:09 AM

Mar 2010
Death Note. I should have stopped after episode 25 and think "It's over. What an awesome anime" but nooooo.. I had to watch it till the end... :/
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Feb 8, 2013 7:22 AM

May 2012
vegeta8639 said:
Yes 11eyes
I started the anime with high hopes(always a bad idea)
Then it started getting worse after each episode.
I found myself just watching it to see some ending that will make sitting trough this shit worth it. But instead it was one of the worst endings ever with asspull after asspull.
By the time it was over if found myself asking why the fuck did I just wasted 7 hours of my life. Only anime that I ever finished and still regret it.

This and only this.
Feb 8, 2013 7:46 AM

Jun 2009
Torappu said:
toyall123 said:

I don't like the UBW movie. In fact I think it's complete shit and a disgrace to a fantastic route. I mean, as average as it was, the TV series at least tried to tell a story.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 8, 2013 8:07 AM

Oct 2012
insan3soldiern said:

I don't like the UBW movie. In fact I think it's complete shit and a disgrace to a fantastic route. I mean, as average as it was, the TV series at least tried to tell a story.

While I did prefer UBW over the original series, I would expect that normally this would not be the case [/nod]
Feb 8, 2013 8:18 AM

Sep 2009
Chaos;HEad.

I imagine it's a lot better when you don't get to the part where they completely screw you over. e_e
Feb 8, 2013 12:53 PM

Apr 2012
WhisperBit said:
Death Note. I should have stopped after episode 25 and think "It's over. What an awesome anime" but nooooo.. I had to watch it till the end... :/

THIS!
The same goes to the manga (vol 6)
Feb 8, 2013 4:19 PM

Jan 2013
insan3soldiern said:
Torappu said:
toyall123 said:

Don't want to sound like a jerk but... what do you expect? UBW route is even bigger than Fate, and they compressed it on a movie. In fact, I believed that the main flaw of the OVA is because they actually WERE trying.

I don't think nobody can deny the main reason to watch the OVA is to see the fights animated + Shirou's getting a little more badass.

Feb 8, 2013 4:24 PM

Jul 2007
Most recently, Sword Art Online. It was one of the few times I wrapped up a series and all I could think about was the 12 hours of my life I spent watching it that I will never get back. Even Shana III didn't make me feel like that.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Feb 9, 2013 7:07 AM

Sep 2011
Black Rock Shooter. I only watched it in the first place because I knew Hatsune Miku did the opening.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
NTADAug 2, 2015 1:32 PM
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Feb 9, 2013 8:39 AM

Aug 2011
None for me, there are some shit animes I watched but I never completely any of them, every anime I complete is worth the time spent
kek
Feb 9, 2013 8:54 AM

Nov 2010
I don't really regret it, I've watched some bad shows. But then I would have had the doubt in the back of my mind that they could have gotten better.
Feb 9, 2013 9:54 AM

Jun 2009
012yArthur0 said:
insan3soldiern said:
Torappu said:
toyall123 said:

Don't want to sound like a jerk but... what do you expect? UBW route is even bigger than Fate, and they compressed it on a movie. In fact, I believed that the main flaw of the OVA is because they actually WERE trying.

I don't think nobody can deny the main reason to watch the OVA is to see the fights animated + Shirou's getting a little more badass.

No, if they really were trying they wouldn't have decided to go with the terrible idea to make a long ass route into a 90 something minute movie. It had "disaster" written all over it.

Again, at least fate got a full length series and had most of the important scenes...even though they weren't particularly well adapted.
Ston3_FreeN7Feb 9, 2013 9:57 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 9, 2013 9:59 AM
May 2010
insan3soldiern said:
012yArthur0 said:
insan3soldiern said:
Torappu said:
toyall123 said:

No, if they really were trying they wouldn't have decided to go with the terrible idea to make a long ass route into a 90 something minute movie. It had "disaster" written all over it.

Again, at least fate got a full length series and had most of the important scenes...even though they weren't particularly well adapted.

I dunno, in fate that dragon scene was pretty awesome for sure!

No doubt that was an improvement. Cough.
Worships Asparagus.
Feb 9, 2013 1:06 PM

Dec 2012
A movie called Hetalia: Paint it White. The series was great, the movie sucked. No series really to speak of.
Feb 9, 2013 1:26 PM

Jan 2012
Ef- A tale of memories.

Feb 9, 2013 1:43 PM

Mar 2010
Also Zero no Tsukaima. I regret even starting it. Even supportive cast of green green is more likable than Louise
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Feb 9, 2013 1:50 PM

Jul 2012
I'd have to say K. The "plot", characters and art (that everyone seems to praise -- I thought it was oddly discolored) just didn't hook onto me, and I found myself doing other things throughout nearly every episode.
Feb 9, 2013 2:19 PM

Jan 2012
WhisperBit said:
Also Zero no Tsukaima. I regret even starting it. Even supportive cast of green green is more likable than Louise

I enjoyed it.

ihateeveryone said:
I'd have to say K. The "plot", characters and art (that everyone seems to praise -- I thought it was oddly discolored) just didn't hook onto me, and I found myself doing other things throughout nearly every episode.

The only thing that I disliked about "K" is that it had retarded yaoi undertones with the MC and the sword guy. Also
Feb 9, 2013 2:31 PM

Oct 2010
There is no regret, only relief it has finally ended.
Feb 9, 2013 3:37 PM

Oct 2012
insan3soldiern said:

Admittedly, I also haven't played the visual novel, so my opinion of the film may vary. :)
Feb 9, 2013 3:40 PM

Aug 2012
WhisperBit said:

Agree wholeheartedly.
Feb 9, 2013 3:52 PM

Aug 2012
I don't think I have any. I usually drop anything I'm not enjoying :/
Feb 9, 2013 5:09 PM

Mar 2010
I must say even though Guilty Crown sucked ass, it was entertaining to see it failing more and more each week and the plot turning into one hell of a teainwreck.

But for the thread, School Days.

NTADAug 2, 2015 1:34 PM
Feb 9, 2013 7:02 PM
Jul 2018
LithicAnarchy said:
WhisperBit said:

Agree wholeheartedly.

My mind baffles as to how people like this.
Feb 9, 2013 8:32 PM

Apr 2009
Chaos;Head. People told me not to watch it but I did anyway.

It is absurd how bad it is.
Feb 9, 2013 8:45 PM

Feb 2013
Fruits Basket comes to mind, but I like being able to accurately make fun of it to my friends that like it.

Soooo no because a real woman regrets nothing except for her choice of lovers.
Feb 9, 2013 9:13 PM

Jun 2012
all these shitty harems i watched.. qq
Feb 9, 2013 11:25 PM

Dec 2011
Level E, Itazura na Kiss, and Bokura ga Ita.
Such a waste of time.. time that I could've spent watching some else, and that I'll never get back. u.u
Feb 10, 2013 12:45 AM

Mar 2010
Neane1993 said:

I have never reached this far. If I have to wait 3 seasons for an insufferable character to actually become likable I might as well not even bother. Based on season 1 and beginning of season 2 I would have so much hate built up for Louise that I wouldn't be able to see the redeeming qualities
Feb 10, 2013 12:52 AM

Sep 2012
Neane1993 said:
LithicAnarchy said:
WhisperBit said:

Agree wholeheartedly.

Thank you for convincing me to never watch that show.

Was that supposed to be funny or something? Honestly, what purpose could that scene have possibly served, if it weren't to make us dislike her?
Feb 10, 2013 1:06 AM
May 2010
Red_Keys said:
Neane1993 said:
LithicAnarchy said:
WhisperBit said:

Agree wholeheartedly.

Was that supposed to be funny or something? Honestly, what purpose could that scene have possibly served, if it weren't to make us dislike her?

She is, to the best of my knowledge, the worst of the lot. I normally love those characters, but in her case it is just sickening normally. Sometimes she is not to bad, but for the vast majority of the time she is unbearable. The main character is not to bad though, in the end...
Worships Asparagus.
Feb 10, 2013 1:57 AM

Sep 2012
miereneronaile said:
Red_Keys said:
Neane1993 said:
LithicAnarchy said:
WhisperBit said:

Agree wholeheartedly.

She is, to the best of my knowledge, the worst of the lot. I normally love those characters, but in her case it is just sickening normally. Sometimes she is not to bad, but for the vast majority of the time she is unbearable. The main character is not to bad though, in the end...

Y'all are crazy. Louise is the best.
PentobarbidollFeb 10, 2013 2:05 AM
Feb 10, 2013 2:26 AM

Sep 2012
Ghost-Lightning said:
And what exactly do you find appealing?
Feb 10, 2013 2:32 AM

Sep 2012
Red_Keys said:
Ghost-Lightning said:
And what exactly do you find appealing?

A lot of people find the "tsundere" tendancies annoying but I personally don't. Not only that, I can see where a lot of it comes from in her case. I mean inferiority complexes can be a really rough thing to deal with, especially when everyone around you exasperates it by belittling you all day er' day.

In the light novels they show a lot more as well, like for example there's a scene where

So I guess I can just empathize with her character and see why she's kind of a jerk to everyone. Also, she's so adorable ;-;
Feb 10, 2013 3:16 AM

Sep 2012
Ghost-Lightining said:
So I guess I can just empathize with her character and see why she's kind of a jerk to everyone. Also, she's so adorable ;-;

No but really, I haven't seen the anime, so I honestly don't know anything about her character.

But I'm going to go on a rant here. My problem with tsundere characters, most of the time, is that I can't empathize with them. They are just too unlikable for me to even consider anything they do as being just. They are just so unrealistically immature that I can't help but feel annoyed by everything they do. And it almost feels insulting that I am supposed to be attracted to an utterly unlikable character. I legitimately hate all fan service scenes with a tsundere involved. Because 9 times out of 10, the main character will get hit, and it's supposed to be "funny".

And also, a lot of tsundere characters are done really poorly. The term "tsundere" implies some sort of character growth. They're fine to start out as bratty, whiny characters, but then should go from there and evolve into a mature, no longer bratty character. That is actual character development.

I'm sick of the plot line: "Bitchy girl meets boy. Bitchy girl abuses boy. Boy puts up with her for some contrived reason. Bitchy girl falls for boy, but still abuses him. Boy somehow falls for girl. Eventually, girl/boy admits feelings. They get together. Girl is still bitchy, and boy still constantly puts up with it. The End."

The typical tsundere character arc goes:
"Immature Bitch -> Immature Bitch with a crush -> Immature Bitch with a boyfriend"

It's unrealistic, unappealing, and It's just overall bad character development. (Keep in mind that I haven't seen ZnT, so this may or may not apply).

NTADAug 2, 2015 1:46 PM
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 8 hours ago

36 by DesuMaiden »»
29 seconds ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

90 by ColourWheel »»
37 seconds ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - Yesterday

38 by AxiaG »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime you only knowledges about is from the memes

Spunkert - 8 hours ago

15 by AxiaG »»
4 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

18 by AxiaG »»
5 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.