Forum Settings
Forums

Anime you dislike and/or regret completing and why?

Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Feb 1, 2013 2:59 PM

Moderator Edit:
Please explain your choices and/or discuss other choices.
Also note, flaming or bashing others because of their choices will not be permitted.
In an effort to maintain this thread posts with nothing more than titles or that are devoid of explanations will be removed.
Posts containing only "I regret nothing" or similar one-liners will be treated as spam and also removed.

I think there's a difference between anime you didn't like, and anime you outright regret watching.

Despite having some 4's and 5's on my completed list, there isn't a single anime that I regret completing. Even the bad ones had atleast one thing that was worth watching for.
Modified by NTAD, Aug 2, 2015 6:27 PM

Feb 1, 2013 3:01 PM

I'm like the trainers on Nugget Bridge, I have no regrets.

Feb 1, 2013 3:05 PM

I don't regret Kanokon.
For as bad as it was, I did enjoy imagining all the ways Kouta could eventually be killed.
That's pretty much what got me through the series.

Then there's "This Ugly yet Beautiful World", which made absolutely no impact on me.
It was just wasted time.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
Modified by NTAD, Aug 2, 2015 12:45 PM

Feb 1, 2013 3:07 PM

Queens Blade. I regret wasting money buying these.
"Kickstarter for Rokujouma physical book will be live this fall. Be sure to back it up guys."

Feb 1, 2013 3:08 PM

Fucking Dokuro-chan.

Not a day goes by where I do not find myself cursing my naive willingness to partake in watching such a horrid series. Oh! how I lament my utter misfortune at witnessing such a facetious display of cruelty, violence, torture, neglect, and abuse. What a wretch I had become, for words alone cannot illustrate my utter displeasure and hatred for such an abomination!

I watched the whole thing, but decided to put it in my dropped list anyway. Because that is where it fucking belongs. If you enjoyed this anime in any way, I instantly lost all respect I might have had towards you.

Feb 1, 2013 3:15 PM

Red_Keys said:
Fucking Dokuro-chan.

Not a day goes by where I do not find myself cursing my naive willingness to partake in watching such a horrid series. Oh! how I lament my utter misfortune at witnessing such a facetious display of cruelty, violence, torture, neglect, and abuse. What a wretch I had become, for words alone cannot illustrate my utter displeasure and hatred for such an abomination!

I watched the whole thing, but decided to put it in my dropped list anyway. Because that is where it fucking belongs. If you enjoyed this anime in any way, I instantly lost all respect I might have had towards you.
Watching this is like watching anime version of Happy Tree Friend. The violence is even on another level than Happy Tree Friend.
"Kickstarter for Rokujouma physical book will be live this fall. Be sure to back it up guys."

Feb 1, 2013 3:25 PM

No TV anime series come to mind, maybe some pointless specials or ovas.

I'd say if I found myself regretting watching it while actually watching it, I would have probably dropped it before I even bothered to finish it.

Feb 1, 2013 3:26 PM

Red_Keys said:
Fucking Dokuro-chan.

Pi-piru-piru-pipiru-pi!

Amusingly, I didn't mind it at all. I felt bad for the blonde chick more than the guy.

Feb 1, 2013 3:27 PM

Nothing because now I can hate on all of the bad ones.
IntelligentPerson said:
You can block their mac address
OtherPerson said:
Mac? But I'm on Windows.

Feb 1, 2013 3:34 PM

Can't say that I regret watching any.
'If people refuse to accept you, then I'll just accept you even more.'

Feb 1, 2013 4:09 PM
Fate/Stay Night because it ruined Fate/Zero for me. I just watched it because some people said that it's better to watch Fate/Stay first.

Other than that, I regret watching anime that I end up dropping halfway through.

Feb 1, 2013 4:15 PM

Rynia said:
Fate/Stay Night because it ruined Fate/Zero for me. I just watched it because some people said that it's better to watch Fate/Stay first.

You can always give a go at F/SN Unlimited Blade Works. It might not solve the crappy MC problem but at least the animation quality is that of F/Z's.

Feb 1, 2013 4:31 PM

Red_Keys said:
Fucking Dokuro-chan.

Don't lie, you love it. That's why you watched it all and think about it every day.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”

Feb 1, 2013 5:03 PM
I do not regret a single minute of any anime i have watched. But even people who dont regret any anime they watch still have animes they hated watching and completely didn't enjoy, and mine is School Days :D.

Modified by NTAD, Aug 2, 2015 1:06 PM

Feb 1, 2013 5:36 PM

NeoAnkara said:
Watching this is like watching anime version of Happy Tree Friend. The violence is even on another level than Happy Tree Friend.
Haha it's exactly like Happy Tree Friends.. except that instead of accidents causing the violence and pain, it is a conscious, willing character. A character that we are supposed to like. I found this aspect completely disgusting, that the audience is supposed to empathize with such a vile, abhorrent creature as Dokuro-chan.

MellowJello said:
Pi-piru-piru-pipiru-pi!

Amusingly, I didn't mind it at all. I felt bad for the blonde chick more than the guy.
I felt some level of sympathy for every character except for the blue haired bitch. But how could you not feel sympathy for him?? Day in and day out, he is torturously mutilated in a comedic fashion, all on a whim by the romantic interest of the show. He is neglected and emotionally abused by his classmates, who would have no problem seeing him die right in front of them. Every waking moment of his life is filled with pain, anguish, and abuse. It's as if the writer's desire to cause suffering was insatiable.

Ineptia said:
Don't lie, you love it. That's why you watched it all and think about it every day.
Please do not insult me as such! Rather, the show is much like a virus. A malignant cancer, that is festering in my memory, like a corpse rotting in a prison cell. It has been violently branded into my mind, such that it plagues my daily waking consciousness. How I wish I could be released from it's vicious grasp! How I wish to forget the atrocities that i have witnessed! Oh! but who am I to lament in such agony? As surely the characters themselves have suffered a hell such that Dante himself could not have imagined! The misery sustained in this ghastly and dismal tale are such that I find it inconceivable to even begin to perceive! And with this realization comes even more cruciation, as it dawns on me the torments suffered by these characters are unchallenged and unmatched by that of another.

This anime serves as nothing but a laceration on my mood, which beleaguers my every day, sending me into further turmoil and torment.

Feb 1, 2013 5:43 PM

I dont know about regreting, i do however know that never ever will regret completing Death Note!
The knight who wowed to protect Ahiru.

Feb 1, 2013 6:08 PM

Paul said:
Rynia said:

You can always give a go at F/SN Unlimited Blade Works. It might not solve the crappy MC problem but at least the animation quality is that of F/Z's.

Or rather, watch the VN instead. It's the only reliable way to read it without wanting to punch the MC in the face.

Actually, you might start sympathize with him with his story and his way of thinking.

Feb 1, 2013 6:12 PM

Toradora.....it was on my dropped but the fans got to me and I watched it, I will never forget the bad animation and annoying tsudere.

Feb 1, 2013 6:19 PM

I regret watching Sword Art first because since I'm new to Anime, it's hard to find an Anime that matches up to Sword Art (In my opinion). It's probably because it was my first Anime but most Anime I watch now feel boring compared to Sword Art.

Feb 1, 2013 6:38 PM

Red_Keys said:

MellowJello said:
Pi-piru-piru-pipiru-pi!

I felt some level of sympathy for every character except for the blue haired bitch. But how could you not feel sympathy for him?? Day in and day out, he is torturously mutilated in a comedic fashion, all on a whim by the romantic interest of the show. He is neglected and emotionally abused by his classmates, who would have no problem seeing him die right in front of them. Every waking moment of his life is filled with pain, anguish, and abuse. It's as if the writer's desire to cause suffering was insatiable.

Thing is:

What I found funny on the wiki though, is that he is considered to be a sick perverted bastard.

The best character of this whole show is Binkan the salaryman. He deserves an OVA just for himself.

Feb 1, 2013 6:48 PM

I'm with Red_Keys in that my pick is the Death Clubbing Angel. However, I didn't mind the gore, the abuse, etc. What I fucking hated was that it wasn't funny! That batting average is too damn high, 100% fucking accuracy every time, which seemed to be the main focus of the series for comedic purposes.
Oh and, why even attach a plot in the first place? It's like saying I'm going to write a story about the plot of someone about to die, but wait! HE'S ALREADY DEAD! WHY DID I EVEN SAY THE PLOT WAS ABOUT HIM DYING WHEN THAT "PLOT" ALREADY PASSED AND WON'T HAPPEN DURING MY STORY?
Either say that the little angel wanted to mess with a little boy for no reason, thus other angels became jealous, or simply don't give this a plot to begin with.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.

Feb 1, 2013 6:52 PM

Kazmo said:
I regret watching Sword Art first because since I'm new to Anime, it's hard to find an Anime that matches up to Sword Art (In my opinion). It's probably because it was my first Anime but most Anime I watch now feel boring compared to Sword Art.
I can give you at least 90 titles from the top of my head, even Clannad( i dont even like that show) that make Sword Art Online look like a steaming pile of shit.

Feb 1, 2013 6:54 PM

IceBurn said:
Kazmo said:
I can give you at least 90 titles from the top of my head, even Clannad( i dont even like that show) that make Sword Art Online look like a steaming pile of shit.

Here we go...

Feb 1, 2013 6:59 PM

Tavor said:
I'm with Red_Keys in that my pick is the Death Clubbing Angel. However, I didn't mind the gore, the abuse, etc. What I fucking hated was that it wasn't funny! That batting average is too damn high, 100% fucking accuracy every time, which seemed to be the main focus of the series for comedic purposes.
Oh and, why even attach a plot in the first place? It's like saying I'm going to write a story about the plot of someone about to die, but wait! HE'S ALREADY DEAD! WHY DID I EVEN SAY THE PLOT WAS ABOUT HIM DYING WHEN THAT "PLOT" ALREADY PASSED AND WON'T HAPPEN DURING MY STORY?
Either say that the little angel wanted to mess with a little boy for no reason, thus other angels became jealous, or simply don't give this a plot to begin with.

I agree. While Dokuro Chan have a senseless plot that try to makes it funny, it fails. But there's a good thing on it actually: Binkan.

Oh god, that salaryman.

Feb 1, 2013 7:06 PM

012yArthur0 said:

I agree. While Dokuro Chan have a senseless plot that try to makes it funny, it fails. But there's a good thing on it actually: Binkan.

Oh god, that salaryman.

LMAO, I kinda forgot about him. Though, I don't think I even chuckled then.
But sure, why not, as you said, a whole OVA for him!

Feb 1, 2013 7:45 PM

i figured everyone here would say they regret watching school days.

Feb 1, 2013 7:46 PM
012yArthur0 said:
Tavor said:

Oh god, that salaryman.

dat 9 year old tho

Feb 1, 2013 7:48 PM

JavierR said:
012yArthur0 said:
Tavor said:

Oh god, that salaryman.

dat 9 year old tho

So?

Feb 1, 2013 7:49 PM

TheGrapist said:
Nah, it was bearable.

Besides, who could regret it after seeing such a nice boat at the end?

Feb 1, 2013 7:49 PM

TheGrapist said:

It did well fucking with my emotions, so I give it props for doing so, especially in a short period of time.

Feb 1, 2013 7:52 PM
012yArthur0 said:
JavierR said:
012yArthur0 said:
Tavor said:

Oh god, that salaryman.

dat 9 year old tho

So?

cmon dude you know

nsfw kinda i guess.

Feb 1, 2013 7:57 PM

Angel beats, i hated the concept and felt nothing for the character's but i still watched it because my friend said it was amazing... He was wrong.

Feb 1, 2013 7:59 PM

Lokovodo said:
Angel beats, i hated the concept and felt nothing for the character's but i still watched it because my friend said it was amazing... He was wrong.
It's funny because I thought the same thing. Don't regret seeing it, but I didn't get the emotional response I was looking for.

Feb 1, 2013 8:00 PM

MellowJello said:
Lokovodo said:
It's funny because I thought the same thing. Don't regret seeing it, but I didn't get the emotional response I was looking for.

Good thing I went in blindly for Angel Beats!, had no idea it was going to be one of those emotional types of anime.

Feb 1, 2013 8:01 PM

JavierR said:
012yArthur0 said:
JavierR said:
012yArthur0 said:
Tavor said:

Oh god, that salaryman.

dat 9 year old tho

So?

cmon dude you know

nsfw kinda i guess.

That's the whole point of the series. Gore and Boobs.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone says that it is Elfen Lied - Beyond the nonsensical version. (Elfen Lied does have sense, but Dokuro? Hell.)

Feb 1, 2013 8:02 PM
Tavor said:
MellowJello said:
Lokovodo said:

Good thing I went in blindly for Angel Beats!, had no idea it was going to be one of those emotional types of anime.

so did I. and I watched clannad soon after i believe. I didn't think tears existed for me until i witnesed these two. I don't think I'll ever get emotion responses like thoses while watching anime ever again.

Lokovodo said:
It wasn't amazing but it was alright to watch.

Forum Moderator
Top Aidoru ♪

Why did I finish Saikano.

Feb 1, 2013 8:04 PM

IceBurn said:

Could you actually send me a sample of what you mean? I would actually love a few more Animes to watch!

Feb 1, 2013 8:05 PM
I can't regret completing something, if I get tired of it I'll drop it right away!

Feb 1, 2013 8:05 PM

JavierR said:

so did I. and I watched clannad soon after i believe. I didn't think tears existed for me until i witnesed these two. I don't think I'll ever get emotion responses like thoses while watching anime ever again.

Interesting, similar to you as well except I went Clannad/AS --> Angel Beats!

Feb 1, 2013 8:27 PM

Loveless - Should've dropped it after one episode.
Tsubasa - I'm so far into season 2 now that I just can't drop it without seeing Tokyo revelations but if I'd started watching it now I would've dropped it pretty quickly.
Death Note - Realistically I know I could have never stopped watching such a great anime but if I had stopped at episode 25 it probably would've been my number one.

Feb 1, 2013 9:02 PM

Mawaru Penguindrum. I felt sad and annoyed throughout.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”

Feb 1, 2013 9:39 PM

Arcana Famiglia. Complete waste of my time and nothing to show for it. I told myself it would get good later on, but nope. I could have been watching something good instead of that.

Modified by NTAD, Aug 2, 2015 1:12 PM

Feb 1, 2013 9:58 PM

None really. Except maybe Baccano because I wasted $50 on the DVD only to find it wasn't for me. But overall, I wouldn't say there's anything I regret watching because:

a) I have the right to bully the fanbase if the show is really bad
b)
Neane1993 said:
A real man regrets nothing.
and
c) I'm a closet masochist.

Feb 1, 2013 10:10 PM
I don't really regret anything... but if I were pressed for an answer, I think I would blurt out Chaos;Head.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.

Feb 1, 2013 11:18 PM

If I complete something, that means I'm okay with having watched it.
Regrets are unnecessary.

Feb 1, 2013 11:29 PM
SquadmemberRitsu said:

c) I'm a closet masochist.

There is a point in our anime watching days when we accept our inner masochist and actively search out terrible anime to watch for the sole purpose of inflicting pain on our mortal bodies.
Modified by removed-user, Feb 1, 2013 11:33 PM

Feb 1, 2013 11:29 PM

I usually have no regrets, since I decided to finish what I've started watching. But if there is one, it's Umineko no Naku Koro ni. I should've stopped at the 1st arc, because things get fucked up after that arc.

My Youtube page: link

Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »