Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2008 11:53 PM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice episode again.
Dec 2, 2008 5:33 PM

Apr 2008
This series is going a little downhill for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2008 11:08 PM

Apr 2008
ummyeah said:
This series is going a little downhill for me.[/quote

I have to disagree, I think this show is finally going somewhere...
Plus, Yuuki looks a lot better with long hair ;)
Dec 3, 2008 7:25 AM
Nov 2008
hm.. i've been longing for this episode subbed n finally i get to watch.. but this episode... im really a fan though.. anyway, as always still fall in love with kaname n zero
Dec 3, 2008 3:29 PM

Jan 2008
reasonable amount of elements on this episode, yet i find it just a bit boring. maybe because its not really one of my favorite. thats just me though. the only thing i like is the yuuki-aido scene. as usual, aido is just very adorable.
MY SIGNATURE

Dec 3, 2008 7:49 PM

Nov 2007
Lots of revelations this episode :3, Kaname's past Haruka's death why he can't kill Rido, and wow head of hunter association talking with an elder from the council but go Chairman in hunter mode xD!!! looks much better now aha ha
Dec 4, 2008 12:22 AM

Sep 2008
i needed to see this shit happen in animation rather than how it seemed to me in the manga... it felt more rushed and confusing in the manga... this is clearing things up more cleanly for me.

anyone else feel this way?
Dec 4, 2008 8:04 AM

Jun 2008
I think it was an amazing episode. Maybe i feel like that because am not reading the manga and all this are new to me. I was getting a little bored with the slow development lately and finally we have some progress.
I loved this episode and the new Yuki. Can't wait for the next one.
Dec 4, 2008 3:50 PM

Jan 2008
This episode was so-so for me. I hate the fact Yuki and Zero's relationship is going down hill :(. And what was with Zero at the end? Zero feeling Kaname and Yuki in him, and he can't think? I donno. I do agree that I think something big is going to happen soon, I just hope Zero doesn't shoot himself :/.
Dec 4, 2008 4:19 PM

Oct 2008
There was some interesting little music in this episode that I haven't heard before o.0
Omgosh I love Riido and Haruka's voices! They're so good

and for some reason i especially loved aido in this episode :]
Dec 5, 2008 5:24 AM

Jan 2008
I wonder how VK Guilty is gonna end. Manga is still ongoing after all. Maybe 3rd season? More Guilty

Don’t lose your way towards tomorrow,
don’t fear, now spread your wings.

Last.fm | GET CHU!
Dec 6, 2008 6:44 AM

Nov 2008
I thought this episode was great, you can see Yuuki and Kanames relationship developing.They are made for eachother! but I really think that yuuki looks better with short hair, but she looks okay with long hair too!
Dec 6, 2008 9:07 AM
Mar 2008
I still hope Yuuki end up with Zero ...
Dec 6, 2008 9:57 AM

Aug 2008
This series seems to be becoming more and more uninteresting! :\
Dec 6, 2008 12:06 PM

Nov 2008
myscarredheart said:
This series seems to be becoming more and more uninteresting! :

lmao.

I don't know. I think the plot's finally picking up. But still... it's SLOW... and there's so much talking... and none of the voices stand out to me... so it's not that enjoyable to listen to...

This is probably just me being a moron who underappreciates plot, but I want to see some more ACTION. T_T

Yuuki's awesome level just shot up though. :) I'm liking her a lot more now.
Dec 6, 2008 1:41 PM

Aug 2008
This was a bad episode for me. What did we get? The Vampire Hunters and the Vampires are working together to control Zero? Kaname had the chance to kill Rido but he didn't, and we aren't told why. That's it. The rest was cryptic conversations between characters.
Dec 6, 2008 7:01 PM

Jun 2008
Sweet the fightscenes are about to start I suppose. Backstory was nice. Yuuki is a better char now too.

The twin stuff is cleared up as well.

Good episode.
Dec 7, 2008 9:02 AM
Nov 2007
Comments made while watching:

-This marks the first episode that begins with Yuuki having a gun pointed at her, they should consider doing that more often.

-Zero this is Yuuki we are talking about, she is more of an angsty pureblood than an arrogant pureblood....

-Yuuki: "The vampire side of Yuuki ate the other part." I stand corrected, please disregard my previous comment.

-Feel sorry for those two vampires, now they have to put up with Yuuki as a pureblood rather than some angsty human girl that Kaname liked for some reason. "Yuuki-sama" Yeah thats gonna take some getting used to.

-Kaname: "The fetuses will fight to eat each other in side the womb." WHAT THE HELL?!?

-Aw I thought we were done with all of Zero's angsty scenes (dont ask me why I seem to like using the word "angsty" today, im just as clueless as you.)

-Zero seems to have finally snapped...bet is lives somehow though, damnit.

-Rizu: "You guys go and get the princess" Ok now seriously, what did he think was going to happen. (None of them manage to get past Kaname's father)

-Kaname: "I will find a way to destroy you, but until that time comes, you will shut up." <----The most amazing thing Kaname has said in a long time. ^_^

-Has anyone asked themselves exactly why Izuru is even there? He doesnt really do or say anything important, heck I dont think he has for the entire season.

-Wait so the Vampire Council and the Hunter's Society are working together...how does that even begin to make sense? Unless of course its just those two who are plotting and the other members of the Council and Society are not in on it.

-Yagari: Zero, you stay here in this underground room and have angsty flashbacks while I go up and play Castelvania in real life.

Post Episode Comments:

Not a bad episode but I swear they keep putting off the action scenes in favor of further character development. Usually character development is a good thing but we now have about 4 episodes left and most of the characters had ample time to be developed last season. I guess what im trying to say is the plot is moving at a "Fruit's Basket" pace right about now.

Having said that the plot is much better than the second season with some nice plot twists (still getting used to Yuuki being a pureblood). I have to admit that Vampire Knight has become a much better series than I gave it credit for but the question remains is if it can nail the ending which is hard to do for any anime (except possibly Code Geass...yeah Zero Requiem was freaking awesome).

Good episode and i look forward to seeing things wrap themselves up as the final episodes begin.

Dec 7, 2008 11:35 AM

Feb 2008
this ep made me tear up a lil when we saw the flashbacks of Yuuki and Kaname's parents. So sweet! T-T

I hate seeing Zero all angsty (but at the same time, i <3 it, lol), just makes me so sad. D:

Nice ep tho, CANT WAIT for next week's if it's what I'm thinking it's gonna be. =3
Dec 7, 2008 12:36 PM

Nov 2008
Pretty good ep.
Happy that Yuuki has finally been re-awakened (or whatever you want to call it)
I read the manga, so I knew it was coming. ^^
Yay for flashbacks. The only reason I can accept Kaname for Yuuki.
Still pulling for Zero though XP
Dec 7, 2008 7:00 PM
Oct 2008
Interesting that Yuuki ran away. I'm convinced the old Yuuki would have barged in to Zero's bedroom, gun or no gun. Zero wouldn't have been able to shoot her, and he knows it. The head of the hunters + the head of the vampire association are working together~ That wasn't a big surprise. From the earlier episode (when the hunter head took Zero into the blood-soaked archives) I could smell corruption.

Rido awakened Kaname, which is why Kaname couldn't get him the first time. How is he going to get him this time? I'm hoping for a good fight on this one. Kaname has a good reason to kick Rido's ass, avenging his dad. The same applies to Yuuki. If I were Shiki, I'd wanna beat the sap out of the jerk who stole my body. Rima probably wouldn't mind a hit or two either.
Dec 9, 2008 3:35 AM

Mar 2008
ohbeecity said:

Rido awakened Kaname, which is why Kaname couldn't get him the first time. How is he going to get him this time?

Kaname clearly pointed out that Zero will be the one to kill Rido. How will be the story for next episode =) look forward to it.

this episode was ok.. but a bit too slow for me.. coz now i know how they would most probably end guilty.. and make me wait forever for the next season >.<

ah, i can't wait for more Rima ^^
Dec 9, 2008 5:04 PM

Nov 2008
I finally got to seeing this. Man more and more unbelievable things. Yuuki completely dying out and telling Zero now she is Yuuki Vampire. Why the hell would be rare for a pure blood to cry? They are supposed to have more feelings than normal vampires especially if they are royalty.

Yagari fighting against Kaien for a minute I though there were to be serious until Zero barged in turning into a level E. How did he control the impulse, can it be Yagari that tamed him?

The story was well illustrated concerning Rido VS Haruka.

I really hate Kaname, if he did not turn Yuuki into a vampire everything would not have been like this. The whole thing is a mess now. Zero almost lost it and that was bad. That blood should have never been given to him and instead he should have taken the tablets. I refuse to believe that the only way that Zero was not to turn into level E was the the blood of a "pureblood". The tablets could have been fine.

Right now if
Yagari said:
Zero, you are not a vampire but a vampire hunter

Then Zero should kill Kaname and Yuuki along with Rido. Then I would be happy. :)
There is no other choice, after all vampires consider humans as cattle no matter how much compassion there is towards them. Their love is the only thing that matters between them. Of course there is the rare true love between human and vampire like in that anime "Vampire Hunter 'D'" but those are rare cases other than ones in fictions novels.

1.Zero :(
2.Yuuki your tears are the fault of Kaname!

please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 9, 2008 7:58 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:
This was a bad episode for me. What did we get? The Vampire Hunters and the Vampires are working together to control Zero? Kaname had the chance to kill Rido but he didn't, and we aren't told why. That's it. The rest was cryptic conversations between characters.

Did you even watch the subs? Kaname clearly said the reason why he cant kill Rido is because Rido was the one that woke him up from his long slumber.

Kaname is one of the oldest decedents of the Kurin clan and from the looks of that one flash back, was sealed or something and Rido released him and made him his bitch.

I thought this episode was amazing. The past episodes where slow and didn't really bring anything new to the table. But this one gave us some info to explain wtf has been going on. The drama is also starting to pick up. I guess the people that hated this episode where the ones that liked the school part of this show or somthing?
Dec 9, 2008 8:08 PM

Nov 2008
DeathfireD said:
noteDhero said:

Did you even watch the subs? Kaname clearly said the reason why he cant kill Rido is because Rido was the one that woke him up from his long slumber.

Kaname is one of the oldest decedents of the Kurin clan and from the looks of that one flash back, was sealed or something and Rido released him and made him his bitch.

I thought this episode was amazing. The past episodes where slow and didn't really bring anything new to the table. But this one gave us some info to explain wtf has been going on. The drama is also starting to pick up. I guess the people that hated this episode where the ones that liked the school part of this show or somthing?

I hated this episode not because of the reasons most mention, as I said before Zero is having incredible pain, this is all ever since Yuuki turned into a vampire and who did that? Kaname, the only one who did and as I mentioned in the earlier episodes, really great sacrifice the mom did. It also was for nothing but a plaster on Yuuki that would come off.

Really not cool of Kaname, there must have been another way even if that seal was to break so that Yuuki would never become vampire then again the whole show would not be good so I will leave it as it was inevitable. That's all.
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 10, 2008 10:58 AM

Aug 2008
Poor Zero… total confused and without illusions.
Nice episode!
Dec 14, 2008 6:40 AM
Dec 2007
This series is definitely getting on tracks. Thank God this season makes more sense than the first one and also has some character development...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 19, 2008 2:33 PM

Dec 2008
Nice episode, answered some of the questions I wondered about in the manga (Like why Kaname can't kill Rido, wait that was my only question lol). Now we get to see the serious chairman, the legendary vampire hunter lol, and Kaname awakens Rido (well not yet, but very soon he will awaken). Seeing Aidou addressing Yuuki is always good to see, it's always awkward for him to address her correctly now. One question though... In the end when the leader of the hunter association (can't tell if it's a he or a she lol) is talking with Ichiiou, who is the person who lived longer than Ichiiou, yet acts like a kid (at least what he says) because of protecting Zero?
Dec 28, 2008 1:19 AM

Jan 2008
Loved the part before the opening theme. XD

Oh, and Yuuri is sooo beautiful. lol. XD
Feb 16, 2009 1:17 PM
Jul 2008
breath taking episode.... Zero put urself together!!!! yuuki hasnt changed in her heart damn it!!! u r just as supidly vengeful as ur brother... even kaname is starting to look more sensible than you!!!

Mar 10, 2010 10:52 PM

Feb 2010
Great episode!! SO much was learned in this episode. totally confused as to how many people felt it was boring or didn't answer any questions.

Kaname is boss.
Aug 11, 2010 3:07 PM

Jun 2009
Iinteresting episode! I wonder how the next ep will be.
Aug 14, 2010 10:54 PM

Nov 2009
OMG i thought Zero turned into a Level E vampire!!! thank goodness the guy didnt shoot though!!! i love Zero... i hate 2 see him tourchered!!! i cant believe Yuuki said that the Yuuki he knew was gone D= that sucks cuz i liked the old her!!! she was funny nice ect!!! but now shes jus like Kaname =P and wow so wait... Yuuki's parents had 3 kids but then her Uncle took the 1st 1!!! weird but okay. . . and its so sad that their father died!!! having his kid stand up 4 him!!! wow. . .but ya that was sad... and wow i knew that was in the coffin!!! lol
Feb 23, 2011 1:44 AM

Oct 2008
Hmm.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 6, 2012 11:35 PM

Jul 2011
okay it took some time to continue this anime after the incest but i finally put myself together and watched so yay!!! we get some new info from this ep. which is awesome cuz i was super confused..

still hate yuki.. really hate kaname.. still LOVE ZERO!!!!
Jun 15, 2012 8:18 AM

Jun 2011
seekster said:
Comments made while watching:

-Zero this is Yuuki we are talking about, she is more of an angsty pureblood than an arrogant pureblood....

-Yuuki: "The vampire side of Yuuki ate the other part." I stand corrected, please disregard my previous comment.

I totally agree. Why would she even say something like that?
Jul 27, 2012 2:06 PM

May 2012
Nice episode but I wonder how Rido will be killed and by who!
Nov 4, 2013 4:44 PM

Jan 2013
This show is so bad for me... it's almost 3am but I still crave for more.

This is just an awesome show... well except for the weird thing about incest xD. But in a way that is that made this series the biggest surprise so far.
Jun 13, 2015 7:51 AM

Jun 2010
myscarredheart said:
This series seems to be becoming more and more uninteresting! :
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2016 9:02 AM

Aug 2013
I still cant get used to Yuki with long hair.
May 23, 2017 2:42 PM

Jul 2013
I'm glad Zero didn't shoot Yuki but I was surprised by what she said to him! D:

But I was surprised he called her an arrogant pureblood too. Seems the girl he loved was lost.

Awww, she cried in front of Hanabusa and purebloods apparently don't do that, I guess not to show weakness lol.

So Zero cared even back in the womb and obviously took Ichiru's power and health but didn't completely devour him! wow.

So, is Kaname like at the top of the Kuran line? an original?

Awww, Yagari still doesn't want to kill Zero but put him in a cell and what is going on with Zero now?

How did Yuki's hair suddenly get longer? lol.
Aug 21, 2017 1:56 PM
Jul 2017
I still don't understand how Kaname is the kuran ancestor , Haruka's son & Yukki's brother too ?
I'm confused here
dody-sanAug 21, 2017 2:13 PM
Aug 7, 2019 9:56 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
This sulry is a big mess now.
I really dont know how this will end :o

May 27, 2023 8:11 PM
Dec 2021
vampires have magic hair, apparently.

and bruh. OF COURSE Zero had to start falling down to level E right at the most dramatic and inappropriate time possible. lmao
Nov 13, 2023 4:32 AM
Feb 2021
♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️
Jan 27, 10:43 PM
May 2017
There is just too much information. First, it goes by the pace of a snail then it went into overdrive.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 29, 2008

242 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 11, 8:05 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 12 Discussion

lonehunter88 - Dec 22, 2008

46 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 7, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuemauricebackup - Dec 16, 2008

56 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 7, 8:17 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lolz123 - Dec 10, 2008

50 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 1, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rie - Nov 24, 2008

73 by almightybismarck »»
Jan 27, 8:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.