Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 27, 2013 11:48 AM

Aug 2011
Decent episode. I kinda felt it was rushed, and as one of those who has read the VN before, I felt that the bench scene wasn't that emotional in the anime adaption as it was in the VN. It was one of those scenes where you just despised Kanata and really felt sorry for Haruka about a bench! Yea, a wooden bench! Otherwise, the rumors has started, which was really punch in the stomach when I read it for the first time, and I hope the rest of her route gets properly animated and not too rushed! Come on JC Staff, step on your game...

Next episode is going to be interesting to see how well it actually is and hopefully not too rushed. Haruka's route was one of my favorites, and I would be sad to see it just getting rushed like Komari's route was.
Jan 27, 2013 12:04 PM
Jul 2012
Aversa said:
The one major question i got from this episode is aren't there any teachers in that school?
First of all this episode clearly showed that the disciplinary comity can't handle the task they have been given and what gives students the right to pass judgement over other students.
I can understand that a school wants some roll models within the school to give a example but students that violate rules should be dealt with by a teacher who received proper training for dealing with those things.
A older student addressing a younger student for some minor things like forgetting a textbook or being late by a few minutes is also understandable but again punishment should be handled by the teachers.
What happened to Haruka during that meeting was something completely unacceptable what i saw there where a few pathetic students abusing there authority to bully a other student as for the school staff it's completely unprofessional that they let something like that happen.

The bench is also something that should be handled by the staff of the school what i saw here was destruction of school property without even a single adult around that had given permission for something like that.

Lastly that thing that angered me most was that rumour and the fliers they made about it at and the thing i wondered about most at that moment was.
Just what the hell is the staff of that school doing.
They should have acted immediately when that happened the ones behind that action should receive a three week suspension at least.
Starting rumours is just low and to do it in such a repulsive way is just sickening.

It's one of those schools where they give the student government a lot of power.
Jan 27, 2013 12:07 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Aversa said:
The one major question i got from this episode is aren't there any teachers in that school?
Shhh!!! Don't let Them hear you say that!
Jan 27, 2013 12:17 PM

Oct 2010
Loved this episode! Little Busters just keeps getting better since episode 14. Unlike many of you, I don't feel like it was rushed.

So, 10 episodes left and still 3 girls and a half routs to cover. Is it safe to assume that Rin's route won't be on this season and that it'll be used on a 2nd season along with Refrain?

Then there's Kurugaya route, but they still have time for that one, I think.
Jan 27, 2013 12:30 PM

May 2012
They changed the OP. :O

I'm kinda of dissapointed with this adaption to be honest...but it's definitely not bad. ^^
I feel for ya, Haruka! T^T
Jan 27, 2013 1:30 PM

May 2011
So I've been talking with some other people on a blog about this series and some of the things brought up actually changed my mind on this arc. I really wanted to blame the director on this one because of the derp in Komari's arc, but there might actually be a good reason for why this arc is going the way it does. One can easily assume that the resentment between Haruka and Kanata was nothing less than intense in the visual novel. So much so that it would be hard to ever forgive Kanata at the end of the route. I think that what the staff on this series are trying to do is change some things around so that Kanata is a lot less irritating and can be more easily forgiven when the route is finished. What this will mean is a toned down version of Haruka's route. And to be honest, this can work. For those who loved Haruka's route as it is, it will be an obvious let down, but for those who didn't like the over-the-top drama in her route, it could actually be seen as something of an improvement (and I can easily see that being a huge plus to that particular audience). The entire goal of these changes to the route is to make Kanata more likeable. The writers are making it to where the viewers can actually forgive her in the end and I was ignorant to cast my doubts on these changes in the first place. Not saying I don't sympathize with the fans of this route, but this really isn't all that bad. And it's like I said before, the only way an adaption will ever truly fail is if it completely detracts from the original or does a poor job at being enjoyable at all.

emache said:
The amount of bitchyness and whining in this thread is amazing. I have to say that the urban dictionary definition of "myanimelist" is 100% accurate.

Referring to this:

"If you thought the community was bad, the episode discussion topics are worse. Why? Because this is the place where those college-graduated, degree-awarded, full grown adult MAL users go to become their inner tantrum throwing 4 year old. They complain about every little thing here, which leaves us to ponder even more why? But I know why. No one on MAL enjoys anime anymore. That's why."

LMAO, you probably don't internet that much if you think this only applies to MAL. Some communities are even worse.
-Kenshin-Jan 27, 2013 1:39 PM
Jan 27, 2013 1:40 PM

Oct 2011
That disciplinary girl, and the whole discipline committee really makes my blood boil!! Those are just prejudice against Haruka. And I knew it, Futaki was Haruka's sister.Poor Haruka.

Also, whoever makes those flyers is really low, but doesn't the guy in the flyers look like Kyousuke, just saying the art.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Signature
Jan 27, 2013 2:53 PM

Sep 2011
The fact that they were so lazy they recycled Kyousuke's design for Haruka's dad will never stop being funny, ever

I'm so looking forward to when
, it'll be hilarious.
skapandiJan 27, 2013 3:26 PM
Jan 27, 2013 2:59 PM

Mar 2012
Now I think they won't cover Kurugaya route and make it to OVA instead.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 27, 2013 3:13 PM

Dec 2009
This was... ughhhhhhhhhhhh
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 27, 2013 3:26 PM

Apr 2010
I wasn't a big fan of Haruka's route, so if they rush it that doesn't bother me too much. Animation quality was bad before the opening. I fail to understand how a student council puts that kind of pressure on a student. It doesn't solve anything, it gets things worse.
Jan 27, 2013 4:23 PM

Oct 2010
Is it true that one of LB! producers said the sales weren't good enough to produce an anime for Refrain and EX?

The sales were pretty good despite everything they failed on the anime, what more do they want? Or maybe a trick to make people buy more BDs and DVDs?
Jan 27, 2013 4:30 PM

Aug 2011
they're all assholes
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Jan 27, 2013 4:56 PM

Aug 2010
Felt pretty rushed but I still liked it.
Jan 27, 2013 6:07 PM

Aug 2012
Aversa said:
First of all this episode clearly showed that the disciplinary comity can't handle the task they have been given and what gives students the right to pass judgement over other students.
I can understand that a school wants some roll models within the school to give a example but students that violate rules should be dealt with by a teacher who received proper training for dealing with those things.
A older student addressing a younger student for some minor things like forgetting a textbook or being late by a few minutes is also understandable but again punishment should be handled by the teachers.
What happened to Haruka during that meeting was something completely unacceptable what i saw there where a few pathetic students abusing there authority to bully a other student as for the school staff it's completely unprofessional that they let something like that happen.

The bench is also something that should be handled by the staff of the school what i saw here was destruction of school property without even a single adult around that had given permission for something like that.

Lastly that thing that angered me most was that rumour and the fliers they made about it at and the thing i wondered about most at that moment was.
They should have acted immediately when that happened the ones behind that action should receive a three week suspension at least.
Starting rumours is just low and to do it in such a repulsive way is just sickening.

Your question about the presence of the teachers will be answered near the end of the series (not in this season) in an indirect manner.
Jan 27, 2013 7:20 PM

Mar 2009
All this over a bench?! I lol'd.
Jan 27, 2013 7:34 PM

Jun 2011
They're destroying my favorite route...
Jan 27, 2013 8:10 PM

Dec 2011
Actually I loved this episode.
I feel sorry for Haruka, and Kanata (bitch) pissed me off D:
BunnerzJan 27, 2013 10:50 PM
Jan 27, 2013 8:12 PM

Jan 2011
As a non VN player, I really enjoyed this episode (and the rest of this anime as well). I'm kinda surprised at all the bashing going on...
Jan 27, 2013 8:18 PM

Sep 2012
uzy5o said:
As a non VN player, I really enjoyed this episode (and the rest of this anime as well). I'm kinda surprised at all the bashing going on...

Agreed, I love the show but never played the VN. Sometimes it might be better not knowing the original material... sets you up for unrealistic expectations.
Jan 27, 2013 8:19 PM
Jul 2012
That Fukata really pisses me off, but my hatred was eased when she was revealed to be Haru-chan's twin from the same criminal father, Masato my favorite character always gets beaten when the fights in the class occur i hope this could change someday, and i hope we could see something about him rather than the arcs to be revolved all around those girls with the colorful hairs ,like what happened with Tomoya's friend in Clannad he had his own emotional arc he was my favorite character too but i entirely forgot his name !!! ,, the episode overall was average and i liked it ,i hope they'd show more about the boys' stories in the future and not just the girls' ,that's all, Kedo should have her own emotional scenes too someday :D:)
Jan 27, 2013 8:56 PM
Apr 2012
I should have continuously raged from the day JC was announced to do this anime adaptation to now instead of listening to those optimistic ppls who don't know what the **** they are talking about giving this anime a chance...
Jan 27, 2013 9:10 PM

Oct 2010
Huh, I just remembered one thing that bothered me. When Riki asks Kanata, "Did you really need to attack her [Haruka] like that?" and Kanata starts saying how Haruka's making Riki defend her, why doesn't he step in and refute that claim? So much for the support.

unavailable said:
That Fukata really pisses me off, but my hatred was eased when she was revealed to be Haru-chan's twin from the same criminal father

Your hatred should only increase from the fact that she's treating her twin sister so poorly. LOL

hpulley said:
Agreed, I love the show but never played the VN. Sometimes it might be better not knowing the original material... sets you up for unrealistic expectations.

Yeah, even though I've just started playing the VN, if I do catch up, I'll watch the anime version first before reading it in the VN.
FabulousSirJan 27, 2013 9:54 PM

Jan 27, 2013 10:35 PM
Apr 2011
What the heck is the point of having two husbands per wife LOL! So just in case one of the dudes shoots blanks you have a backup plan?
This is probably the dumbest dilemma in an anime I've come across in a long time. They could have said 'to ensure an heir is born, the family will choose a man for every woman in the family to have a baby with at the age of 20'. That also sounds really stupid, but at least it meets the means: an heir is pretty much guaranteed. Having two husbands ensures an heir just as much as having one husband (unless the husband is infertile, and in that case the tradition should be 'every woman must make sure her fiance is fertile, if not then no dice').

This episode was preeeetty painful to watch, from the oh so sad untimely death of the bench, to the tantrum pulled at the student council meeting, to the opening taste of her heritage. I just could not sympathize with anything whatsoever. If you want to have an emotional pull on your viewers, you had better introduce the damn bench several episodes back and make it really clear how important it is before you destroy it. This episode was probably the worst episode thus far.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2013 10:45 PM

Oct 2010
Arcs are going by way too fast for my taste. :l

also the shocking(?) revealer that Haruka and Futaki

seriously, did no one else think:

sorry, complaints from a VN reader. ^.^;
Jan 28, 2013 5:31 AM

Jan 2013
Well, the episode wasn't bad. You guys have to take into account that the Haruka route was longer than Komari route and Mio route and also had more details which makes it hard to compress them into just 3 episodes.

There is a tiny detail that bothers me though. When introducing bench-kun, Haruka remembered that she was sitting at that very bench when Riki approached her and invited her to come play with the Little Busters, being the first person to be nice to Haruka. That BOTHERS me, cause it feels like a ripoff from a certain other route which I suspect will follow after Haruka's.
It would be kinda awkward to repeat the "the first person to be nice to me" shtick twice and it would ruin the other route to let this shtick out of it. That's what I'm uncomfortable with.
... does anone agree....?
Jan 28, 2013 5:58 AM

Sep 2010
Damn!!! Japanese school's disciplinary committee is serious business.... They are more strict than a communist government......

Aversa said:

Jan 28, 2013 6:38 AM

Sep 2011
unavailable said:
Masato my favorite character always gets beaten when the fights in the class occur i hope this could change someday, and i hope we could see something about him rather than the arcs to be revolved all around those girls with the colorful hairs ,like what happened with Tomoya's friend in Clannad he had his own emotional arc he was my favorite character too but i entirely forgot his name !!! ,, the episode overall was average and i liked it ,i hope they'd show more about the boys' stories in the future and not just the girls' ,that's all, Kedo should have her own emotional scenes too someday :D:)

Don't worry, you'll be seeing plenty of them in the second season, it's part of what makes Refrain so great.

makoa69 said:
What the heck is the point of having two husbands per wife LOL! So just in case one of the dudes shoots blanks you have a backup plan?
This is probably the dumbest dilemma in an anime I've come across in a long time. They could have said 'to ensure an heir is born, the family will choose a man for every woman in the family to have a baby with at the age of 20'. That also sounds really stupid, but at least it meets the means: an heir is pretty much guaranteed. Having two husbands ensures an heir just as much as having one husband (unless the husband is infertile, and in that case the tradition should be 'every woman must make sure her fiance is fertile, if not then no dice').

How can you be saying this when the full extent of her family situation hasn't even been shown yet?Don't talk like everything's been revealed already.
(unless you've read the vn, which doesn't seem to be the case)

makoa69 said:
If you want to have an emotional pull on your viewers, you had better introduce the damn bench several episodes back and make it really clear how important it is before you destroy it.

Yeah, like the vn did.The anime just sucks.
skapandiJan 28, 2013 6:43 AM
Jan 28, 2013 11:37 AM
Jan 2013
I always knew that they were both sisters but the fact that they were twins kinda shocked me. Honestly I like this episode and I felt a bit sorry for Haruka... I really want to know about what happened in their past too.
Jan 28, 2013 1:07 PM

Sep 2012
Their hair colors were slightly different in the VN.

http://static.zerochan.net/Futaki.Kanata.full.19805.jpg
http://stuffpoint.com/little-busters/image/5321-little-busters-haruka.jpg

It made it more of a surprise, especially in how it was done in the VN.

They didn't include the reason why Haruka was using the school kitchen, which was related to the romantic part of the VN route, and became the climax of Haruka's route when Futaki

I'm not even sure how they'll be able to execute the route at this point lol.
Vladz0rJan 28, 2013 1:19 PM
Jan 28, 2013 3:10 PM

Jan 2013
Vladz0r said:
Their hair colors were slightly different in the VN

How different is 'slightly different'? Well, if you look at the individual CGs, then Kanata's hair is indeed a tad darker. But I don't see any difference whatsoever when looking at the CGs where both are shown together. No difference in the normal pics either.

And besides, even without the hair color thing, that hair ornaments totally give it away. I actually wonder why they never even talked about that hair ornament cause it smells like background story material.

About the kitchen thing... well, they had to cut out all the romance parts in most routes cause Riki can't just date all of the heroines going all "Whoa, Mama! This rocks!". Still, the preview showed cake, therefore it's still somehow part of the route.

And rather than how they'll execute this route, I'm more worried about how they'll fare with the Kud route. After all, Romance was the central aspect of that route as well as it's charming point (In my opinion, the Kud route was the most epic one despite also being the easyest). In fact, it was the power of love that made it possible to resolve the whole situation.
Naoki-SatenJan 28, 2013 3:15 PM
Jan 28, 2013 3:15 PM

Aug 2011
Intense cliffhanger. Haruka really has it rough despite her joyful exterior. Didn't expect her to snap to the extent that she did.
Jan 28, 2013 6:04 PM

Aug 2011
Naoki-Saten said:
Vladz0r said:

How different is 'slightly different'? Well, if you look at the individual CGs, then Kanata's hair is indeed a tad darker. But I don't see any difference whatsoever when looking at the CGs where both are shown together. No difference in the normal pics either.

And besides, even without the hair color thing, that hair ornaments totally give it away. I actually wonder why they never even talked about that hair ornament cause it smells like background story material.

About the kitchen thing... well, they had to cut out all the romance parts in most routes cause Riki can't just date all of the heroines going all "Whoa, Mama! This rocks!". Still, the preview showed cake, therefore it's still somehow part of the route.

And rather than how they'll execute this route, I'm more worried about how they'll fare with the Kud route. After all, Romance was the central aspect of that route as well as it's charming point (In my opinion, the Kud route was the most epic one despite also being the easyest). In fact, it was the power of love that made it possible to resolve the whole situation.

Jan 28, 2013 7:19 PM

Sep 2012
Naoki-Saten said:
Vladz0r said:

I'll get some more pics from the VN, gimme a bit and I'll edit the post.
*edit*
Err, alright they do have the same hair color lol.

It was just weird in LB when
and

For some reason I just felt like Haruka's hair was lighter than Futaki's but I was mistaken I suppose. It probably has to do with the bright pink ball thingies in Haruka's hair, and watching the anime that made me think hers was lighter ;x
Vladz0rJan 28, 2013 7:24 PM
Jan 28, 2013 11:27 PM
Oct 2012
This show has begun to really bore me. Anyone else think that as well?
Jan 28, 2013 11:39 PM

Oct 2010
This episode was quite messed up. Haruka and Kanata’s family is completely wrong in their founding tradition. When you have 2 males and one woman it always ends up in jealousy. Why have they not learned that you get heirs by increasing the birth rate aka make more kids. WTF man! I am totally enraged at the stupidity of this family? Pride? WHAT PRIDE? In being stupid in putting up a stupid tradition that is based on jealousy. DON’T GET ME STARTED! On all the facts of how much murder was done cause of it and arson? Well to get rid of the evidence it’s the obvious choice to do.

This completely retarded of the family The devil advocate must have been the cause aka the one who suggested the whole thing. I can’t believe the family accepted this method. This is a disgrace to humanity and marriage itself.

About the bench, I find it a little not emotionally working on me. Reason being is when you have a object you should cherish it more than anything IF it belongs to you. Cause like that no one can take it from you less by sheer force. When you attach yourself to something that is public, chances of it being gone in the future or taken down can happen. Hence you lose all memories of it and time on it. While investing your time on something you own would be more wiser. However for a person like Haruka, I would understand when you are lonely a lot.

About the fight, I am just going to raise a simple question in the spoiler is that a studio mistake or Haruka wears no panties? Cause that did surprise, it shows only skin (Haruka no panties?) and yeah I like taking time now to look at my anime carefully. Other than that little incident having me wonder there, the picture taking of Masato is genius. He should do photography apart from his muscle training. Nice attacks of Haruka. Really showed her character.

The name she bestowed upon Masato was genius. SPACE IDIOT! At least his idiocy is Spatial!

I think the Chibi format of Haruka was quite MOE nice.

About the meeting, if there is one thing that influenced me is the following part,

However it was after that really shocked me while the follow up of Haruka’s bringing herself down got into a TT_TT TBH. This is quite the powerhouse of dramas there.

Not only did Haruka got berserk and violent but she also got bad memories from her past. In this event I researched and came with the following interests. First of all the past as it was shown is Trauma:
http://www.starhawk.org/activism/trainer-resources/traumaovervw.html
Whom this explains rather very well.

Now in searching properly I came up with this:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081207101159AAtZ1Cx
Whom is a nice answer to Haruka’s case of why she went berserk apart from Kanata telling her it’s her fault. That was a trigger mental feedback associated with her past. However this explains why the berserk mode got ON.

Finally after some thinking I conclude of the following,
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-dissociative-symptoms.htm
For both twins and this for the best of them due to their past memories and that in Kanata’s case it’s even so bad that I know why she would vent out on Haruka.

In fact during the meeting Haruka got so violent she even knocked 2 people in a rather violent way and even bite one. That’s aggressive. However her state of mind was polluted with bad memories and most likely a adrenaline rush judging from how she was aggressive.

About the next planned attack, what follows is totally devastating. According to the following research:
http://voices.yahoo.com/reasonable-explanations-criminal-behavior-children-5257573.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1332927/New-research-suggests-criminal-behaviour-genes.html
http://euc.sagepub.com/content/9/2/120.abstract
Science dictated to society that those type of kids are a population risk. Therefore stereotyping it to doubt all kids coming from these people. Although the risk is higher YOU HAVE NO RIGHT in assuming a person will do what a family member of his did.

This plain prejudice. What you should ask yourself is can Haruka commit murder and arson? The answer is NO! She has no motive and reason to act like that. Now if you ask can she do this more so than other kids not from a criminal relative? Science says yes but it omits a important feature that it fails to mention. That of the environment impact upon those kids and TBH most of the time well raised kids despite coming from criminal families can turn out good people that would be capable to hurt a fly.

However the problem with all the students is that Science convinced them with no priorities in knowing Haruka’s life upbringing and outtake. Resulting in prejudice of utmost depressing consequences upon Haruka and should Kanata be found out on her too. However people are scared of her authority so less likely they would pick on her.

So as a result this attack will now cause massive bullying on Haruka from the students cause most of them would side with Science and not bother with the social terms such as knowing Haruka’s current life and outtake of it.
Best I could explain.

About Noumi and Kanata. Noumi was reading about this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astronomical_engineering
Which again shows how much of a smart brain she has to pick on interesting stuff. I hope she could change some things in science if she goes in that field but it’s really complex stuff.

About thee end, Haruka’s crying was so harsh it left a deep stab in my heart cause people so much prejudice only to realize too late at what kind of a monster they made of that person or how they mentally/physically incapacitated them with their behaviour.

About Kanata’s theorem of why she is mean to Haruka, most people might not notice it but Kanata’s means are quite justified if one assumes she is the only to get those bruises while Haruka was sparred from them. People should know if this averts true then Kanata’s picking on Haruka to alleviate those wounds is well founded. I gladly accept with open arms this means cause if she did not do it she would become insane in her mind. So insane that she would have lost it in term of being normal. Even Haruka copes with it by staying pranky and positive.

Cause let them memories of them SOB people get to you and in the state the GIF shows Haruka to be in and suicide with death follows you closer than you think. So it’s best not to let it be around you cause of those cursed memories.
Yumekichi11Jan 29, 2013 2:10 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 29, 2013 1:02 AM

Jan 2013
@Funya: Holy sh...
I didn't realize it was THAT horrible...

@Yumekichi11:
... you did an awesome lot of research there.
Pachi-pachi nano desu! *clap* *clap*

However, if you keep that pace, you'll end up over-interpreting things and there might be disappointments on your part if the story does not go 100% the way you predicted it to.
Therefore, I'd like to ask you to write down your opinion on the haruka arc once its over in a similarly detailed fashion as you did just now.

I'll now proceed to clear out some misunderstandings or comment some fractions of your post.

About the family pride It's a rather extreme example of a noble family's (they used to be grand land owners) pride. I don't think it's a spoiler since they probably won't mention this in the anime, but I'll still put it in a button for security's sake:

So it's no use to demand them to use their brain. They're THAT kind of family.

About the bench People don't think about whether it's efficient to get attached to an object or not. They simple end up being attached to it if it harbors a deep meaning for them.

About Haruka's mental state It doesn't actually require that much research to understand it.
To put it simply, Haruka had a terrible past and has been clashing with Kanata quite a lot. The instances of Kanata 'bullying' Haruka were even more frequent in the VN, so it's quite natural for Haruka to snap. She actually manages it quite well, considering that she can limit it to ONLY a fit of rage and a some bitter tears.

Besides, that yahoo article about blocking out traumatic experiences applies to Komari rather than Haruka. Cause haruka never blocked anything out. Komari, on the other hand, suffers from this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashback_%28psychology%29

About the planned attack Again, there's not as much scientific background to that.
If there's a troublemaker in the school and they find out her Dad is a criminal, people will end up believing that the troublemaker is also a criminal in the making. They won't ask science. It's just what they will conclude on their own even if science said the opposite. And even if they don't believe that Haruka is actually dangerous, it won't stop them from gossiping.
Also, I would advise you not to put too much trust into US-studies, especially when it concernes criminality. For example, according to their 'statistics', 99% of all hitchhikers are murderers and 99% of all people who pick up hitchhikers are also murderers.

I'm pretty sure that 'criminality being in the genes' is just a load of bull.

About Kanata's theorem of why she is mean to Haruka ...look forward to the rest of the arc ^^

About Noumi and Kanata Again, you have something to look forward to in the Kud arc ^^
Naoki-SatenJan 29, 2013 1:09 AM
Jan 29, 2013 1:08 AM

Sep 2010
Yumekichi11 said:

Wonderful mini-review, I really enjoyed reading all this. XD
ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
Jan 29, 2013 1:48 AM

Oct 2010
Naoki-Saten said:

@Yumekichi11:
... you did an awesome lot of research there.
Pachi-pachi nano desu! *clap* *clap*

However, if you keep that pace, you'll end up over-interpreting things and there might be disappointments on your part if the story does not go 100% the way you predicted it to.
Therefore, I'd like to ask you to write down your opinion on the Haruka arc once its over in a similarly detailed fashion as you did just now.
Well what I like to do is overcomplicated but in thee end I put all the posts I did and turn them out till it makes something that does adhere to all points as they were presented but no worries it's fun to change your views and formulate a conclusive one based on all those.
Naoki-Saten said:
I'll now proceed to clear out some misunderstandings or comment some fractions of your post.

About the family pride It's a rather extreme example of a noble family's (they used to be grand land owners) pride. I don't think it's a spoiler since they probably won't mention this in the anime, but I'll still put it in a button for security's sake:

So it's no use to demand them to use their brain. They're THAT kind of family.
They should instead consulted with them people that call upon a Good God to descend. Again it goes back to not using their brains. Again in desperate times that happens a lot. Pity them then I do indeed of their Chaos and confusion results.

Yeah again despite the land thing, they should have turned to a priest that does the job I mention and there are some.
Naoki-Saten said:
About the bench People don't think about whether it's efficient to get attached to an object or not. They simple end up being attached to it if it harbours a deep meaning for them.
I understand but carefulness should have been applied. In thee end you get hurt emotionally if you tend do that as Haruka was till she recovered somewhat from it.
Naoki-Saten said:
About Haruka's mental state It doesn't actually require that much research to understand it.
To put it simply, Haruka had a terrible past and has been clashing with Kanata quite a lot. The instances of Kanata 'bullying' Haruka were even more frequent in the VN, so it's quite natural for Haruka to snap. She actually manages it quite well, considering that she can limit it to ONLY a fit of rage and a some bitter tears.
It actually looks quite complex from a psychological point of view in terms of what is exactly the circumstances that got her into that state. As such there is much more than what I just researched. Those are just possible developments. The real deal is that not enough info is on her. However it's true she is dissociative in terms of making troubles and how it impacts things despite that, it's a acceptable means to get rid of her past memories. But your explanation only depicts what is actual. What I am analyzing is how it came to and what means made it come to the point where Haruka is.
Naoki-Saten said:
Besides, that yahoo article about blocking out traumatic experiences applies to Komari rather than Haruka. Cause Haruka never blocked anything out. Komari, on the other hand, suffers from this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashback_%28psychology%29
Yes she did, the insults and harsh treatments from the townspeople. The GIF part basically.
Naoki-Saten said:
About the planned attack Again, there's not as much scientific background to that.
If there's a troublemaker in the school and they find out her Dad is a criminal, people will end up believing that the troublemaker is also a criminal in the making.
That's due to the science proving of this but mainly all them people are convinced of this cause of the gene proof while I am saying that attack made them realize it and if they instead asked Haruka directly it might have not made them so prejudice after all. The planned attack was horrible.
Naoki-Saten said:
They won't ask science. It's just what they will conclude on their own even if science said the opposite. And even if they don't believe that Haruka is actually dangerous, it won't stop them from gossiping.
Also, I would advise you not to put too much trust into US-studies, especially when it concerns criminality. For example, according to their 'statistics', 99% of all hitchhikers are murderers and 99% of all people who pick up hitchhikers are also murderers.

I'm pretty sure that 'criminality being in the genes' is just a load of bull.
No I know of the studies those were just samples. I wanted to proof out something but in general worldwide it was tried out. Interpol in general.

My point is that all this science convinced generations of people to tell their kids that and that it would not be the same if common sense was used instead. It would certainly not be gossips around if the people would see that Haruka is not dangerous nor would be capable of this if they saw her behaviour around school.

It's most likely not full of bull but full wrong interpretations. Mainly the environment not being taken into consideration.
Naoki-Saten said:
About Kanata's theorem of why she is mean to Haruka ...look forward to the rest of the arc ^^
OK, that's what I need to do to confirm this.
Naoki-Saten said:
About Noumi and Kanata Again, you have something to look forward to in the Kud arc ^^
Really? Well if Kanata helps out Noumi then I am more so happy in terms of that one.

Again might be vague but this is what I think in general.
omfgugay said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Wonderful mini-review, I really enjoyed reading all this. XD
Thanks, great patience produces better harvests so they say.

Jan 29, 2013 1:49 AM

Sep 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
This plain prejudice. What you should ask yourself is can Haruka commit murder and arson? The answer is NO! She has no motive and reason to act like that. Now if you ask can she do this more so than other kids not from a criminal relative? Science says yes but it omits a important feature that it fails to mention. That of the environment impact upon those kids and TBH most of the time well raised kids despite coming from criminal families can turn out good people that would hurt a fly.

After re-reading again, i just thought i wanted to add something to this.
The problem here is that many people can easily get manipulated by what the new says, whether it's the truth or not or if the baseless assumptions that are born from it are true or false. Some just believes what they hear or read, rather than asking the person in question. This is where a friend's role comes in, someone who actually knows Haruka enough that they won't believe any other kind of rumors that are being spread. There aren't many people out there that actually tries to go directly to the source to find out if this or that is the truth or not, rather than listening to the crowd.
ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
Jan 29, 2013 2:14 AM

Oct 2010
omfgugay said:
Yumekichi11 said:
This plain prejudice. What you should ask yourself is can Haruka commit murder and arson? The answer is NO! She has no motive and reason to act like that. Now if you ask can she do this more so than other kids not from a criminal relative? Science says yes but it omits a important feature that it fails to mention. That of the environment impact upon those kids and TBH most of the time well raised kids despite coming from criminal families can turn out good people that would hurt a fly.

After re-reading again, i just thought i wanted to add something to this.
The problem here is that many people can easily get manipulated by what the new says, whether it's the truth or not or if the baseless assumptions that are born from it are true or false. Some just believes what they hear or read, rather than asking the person in question. This is where a friend's role comes in, someone who actually knows Haruka enough that they won't believe any other kind of rumors that are being spread. There aren't many people out there that actually tries to go directly to the source to find out if this or that is the truth or not, rather than listening to the crowd.
Typo it's not being able to hurt a fly. Common expression used. I wrote it wrong.

Indeed and hence comes the problem of Rikki. To make all once again believe Haruka is the GREATEST friend to have while also the greatest in pranks to play on you whom are just for fun. If anything bad of them she will APOLOGIZE! That's one thing of Haruka to notice is despite having fun if that fun hurts the other person she has immediate regret. That shows a lot from someone.

Nice remark BTW. Great minds develop further together.

Jan 29, 2013 4:37 AM

Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

actually she probably would, but they didn't include the yandere side of haruka in the anime to see that.
Jan 29, 2013 4:51 AM

Oct 2010
Funya-Usagi said:
Yumekichi11 said:
This plain prejudice. What you should ask yourself is can Haruka commit murder and arson? The answer is NO! She has no motive and reason to act like that. Now if you ask can she do this more so than other kids not from a criminal relative? Science says yes but it omits a important feature that it fails to mention. That of the environment impact upon those kids and TBH most of the time well raised kids despite coming from criminal families can turn out good people that would not hurt a fly.

actually she probably would, but they didn't include the yandere side of haruka in the anime to see that.I assume that's for S2?

I would like to know the triggers for that one other than the one presented in this episode. Yeah I would not go that far with Haruka. She can be worse than Yuno from the looks of her reaction against the discipline committee.

Jan 29, 2013 6:08 AM

Jan 2013
Funya-Usagi said:

actually she probably would, but they didn't include the yandere side of haruka in the anime to see that.

She has a yandere side? Where? When? I Never noticed anything like that.
Or is that LB EX material?
Jan 29, 2013 6:19 AM

Sep 2011
Naoki-Saten said:
Funya-Usagi said:

Probably he meant about

Jan 29, 2013 7:09 AM

Aug 2011
Naoki-Saten said:
Funya-Usagi said:

Jan 29, 2013 9:08 AM
Jul 2012
Funya-Usagi said:
Naoki-Saten said:
Funya-Usagi said:

that was my favorite part of the route!
Jan 29, 2013 9:56 AM

Sep 2007
ApolloFortyNine said:
This show has begun to really bore me. Anyone else think that as well?

Yep, me too ... yawn ...

I'm too far in to drop it though ...

Jan 29, 2013 11:06 AM

Dec 2012
Funya-Usagi said:
hey... hey guys...

you ready for this? ...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

This is how it all begins.

My RYM|My Last.Fm|My Steam
Jan 29, 2013 11:46 AM

Dec 2012
I give this episode a 3.5/5 rating.

Well, i think this arc started better than the past arcs (Komari and Mio), and I really felt the emotions of the story. I started liking Haruka with this episode. Poor girl...

But, not all is good:

Why the story is going so fast?;
Why are summarizing the original story??
All arcs will have only 3 episodes???;

Please JC, don´t be so fucking lazy, please...
If this show will have 26 episodes, but with arcs of 3 episodes, and still yet it´s not enough to adapt well the 6 arcs of the game, you will need to be a little less lazy and start working on a second season or OVAS.

I hope they won´t poop this great serie in the last episodes...

(Excuse me if I don´t speak very well English, i´m learning)

This is how it all begins.

My RYM|My Last.Fm|My Steam
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Funya-Usagi - Jan 5, 2013

185 by little_raven »»
Feb 20, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.