Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2008 9:20 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So why are they going back to Earth again?
Aug 2, 2009 11:43 PM

Aug 2008
aero said:
So why are they going back to Earth again?

I have no freaking clue. I don't know how Quatre figured out that Heero was secretly yearning for Relena. All he did fall out of the cockpit & pass out.

And now a Treize faction... more organizations. Wonderful.
Jun 30, 2010 5:52 AM
May 2010
They aren't on Earth - they're on one of the colonies (L/Lagrange points).
Jan 20, 2011 1:02 AM

Aug 2009
Treize Faction and the Gundam pilots are now comrades?

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Jul 16, 2011 4:20 PM

Dec 2010
i dont even know what is going on anymore
Aug 6, 2011 6:05 AM
Jul 2018
Faulty AI, Gundams controlling their pilots, GW is now cyberpunk animu.

Now that the Earth Alliance is not so exciting anymore and Gundam pilots are going through all sorts of trouble, they needed a new enemy to keep people busy. Although they were already showing Treize's discontent for a while now, so the "sudden" Treize faction is somewhat excused. In any case, I like it better than the "classic" Gundam where nothing really happens other than drama(tm) and useless mecha skirmishes(tm). Or maybe it's nostalgia talking...

A recap episode next? Cannot contain my exicte.
Aug 8, 2011 5:02 PM

May 2008
I don't really know what's going on anymore. Treize's faction was ok with me but a Gundam who controlls it's pilot? That's too much~

Why was Heero lighting after he fell out of the Gundam and does Quatre have some kind of telepathic abilities??
I don't want a recap episode :(((
sayamiDec 5, 2013 1:59 AM
Dec 9, 2011 12:25 PM

Jul 2010
Being Heero is shining.
Apr 7, 2012 7:46 PM

Jan 2011
What's pretty much going on is that Quatre is realizing how the Gundams and this new era of using Mobile Suits is negatively affecting him and the rest of the Gundam pilots. They're going back to Earth because Quatre realized Heero was yearning for someone back on Earth. He also realized that Earth was always kind to the Gundams and that Outer Space no longer views the Gundam pilots as their allies.
The new technology within these machines is making all the pilots and soldiers go crazy. And the entire world and outer space is in a state of anger and confusion..so the Gundams just need to go back to Earth because it would be a lot easier sorting things out there.
Dec 15, 2012 4:39 PM

Sep 2010
Heero is glowing fabulaously I see. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 7, 2013 11:50 PM
Jan 2013
so basically, the gundam pilots went through all that trouble to get to outer space, failed miserably at everything they attempted and have decided to go back to earth because... meh, they don't have anything better to do.
Nov 24, 2013 2:54 PM

Jun 2012
I didn't understand why Quatre decided to go back to Earth, but ok .-.

Looks like we have some Newtypes here! hahaha jk
Dec 22, 2013 11:58 PM

Dec 2013
Yeah, I'm pretty confused as well. I don't know why Quatre wants to go back to Earth, but I guess, why not. The Gundams are in a state of limbo, so to speak, they might as well wait until Oz shows its true colors. I think with this whole Treize faction thing going on and the death of Lady Une, the person who's diplomatic efforts were instrumental in the colonies accepting Oz rule/affiliation, I think Oz's guise as friends as opposed to conquerors of the colonies will soon crumble away.
Love and Peace!!!
Jan 2, 2014 7:14 PM

Jul 2009
great episode :)

the reason why it feels confusing at first is that there were a lot of flashbacks in the first half. so i think that's what confuse you guys.

and the Treize faction are those who believed in Treize. just like Lady Une, i'm sure there are people like her who feels the same.

so Gundam Wing Zero's system alter's someone brain waves huh? so that's how Quatre went mad when he piloted it. the question is how did he get the Gundam in the first place? who created it and why?

even Heero Yuy couldn't even control it at first. though as expected, his combat skills are beyond on what anyone can achieve!!!

i don't understand is how did Mercurius got repaired so easily? didn't Gundam Wing Zero destroyed some of its parts??

as for Heero Yuy being controlled by the system. let's just say it's because of radiation and how it alter's his brain waves. remember it greatly increases your combat skill ten-fold. and with Heero already have godlike skills in the first place. of course he might feel overwhelm and start hallucinating on who is the enemy etc.

and him glowing, well that's probably radiation from the system XD and we already saw in the first 10 episodes that Quatre can feel each other pilots feelings. that's why he can feel the other Gundam's pilot. why? well that's Gundam for you :P

and Heero remembering Relena all this time!! i think they would have made the scene better if Heero started hearing Relena's voice that echoed in the first few episodes.

as expected, they won't destroy Gundam Wing Zero just like that. it's too godlike to be thrown away like that. i have a feeling that the scientists will figure something out to block the interference with the pilot's brainwaves. i just hope Heero Yuy will be able to pilot this next time, since he seems the only one that can do it.

looks like Heero and Quatre are going back to earth. as someone said here on this thread

barelyalive said:
What's pretty much going on is that Quatre is realizing how the Gundams and this new era of using Mobile Suits is negatively affecting him and the rest of the Gundam pilots. They're going back to Earth because Quatre realized Heero was yearning for someone back on Earth. He also realized that Earth was always kind to the Gundams and that Outer Space no longer views the Gundam pilots as their allies.
The new technology within these machines is making all the pilots and soldiers go crazy. And the entire world and outer space is in a state of anger and confusion..so the Gundams just need to go back to Earth because it would be a lot easier sorting things out there.

perfect explanation! but i think the scientists will find away to overcome the interference to the pilots mental psyche.

Gundam Wing Zero is too good too godly to be handled at this time!!

and where the hell is Zechs? are you telling me he's been hiding all this time?? what about Lady Une? is she really dead T___T

and no way in hell Trowa will die like that!!! we haven't seen if he'll have a new suit or not!!

soo many emotions in one episodes!! probably my longest writing as of this thread so far!!

can't wait for hte next episode!!!
May 19, 2014 5:00 PM
Aug 2011
How very Newtype of you Quatre.
I guess this is why your last name is Winner.
Jul 23, 2014 7:09 AM

Jun 2014
Reading the comments in here about why are they are going back to earth.........talk about stupid, that's where the enemy is, on freaking Earth! Why would they stay in space where they have no allies while on Earth they are supported by Treize and the the multiple rebel factions.
Nov 3, 2014 6:01 PM

Jul 2011
What, why was Heero glowing and shit ? Oh well. Looks like they are heading back to earth cause there crazy space adventure failed. Also looks like Heero loves Releena despite there entire experience together just being Heero saying he's going to kill her. I ship it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2017 11:58 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
They're going back to Earth cause as Gundam Pilots they're not needed in space anymore. and as Gundam pilots, Wing Zero made them both fight out of control and reason, when came to it, they realized it's not the destruction or fight they wanted so they getting away from Gundams and leaving Wing Zero for the meantime.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Aug 28, 2017 5:42 PM
Aug 2017
The Gundams are winning slowly but surely.
Aug 28, 2017 5:42 PM
Aug 2017
The Gundams are winning slowly but surely.
Dec 12, 2017 11:27 PM

Sep 2012
RIP Mercurius, my first love :,(
Feb 9, 2018 10:02 PM
Jun 2017
Did Quatre just Geass Heero?
Apr 15, 2019 6:18 PM

Aug 2008
So Heero desire to see Relena is now a glowing light... ehh?

Treize faction teaming up with Gundam pilots? Wut?

Now the two are going back to Earth... okay.

Wonder what Zechs is up to while all this is going on. Aren't the colonies friendly with Une? She disappears, dead or imprisoned and nothing from them? Alright... Show continues to make no sense. Just continuing throwing things up in the air for the hell of it.
Feb 28, 2021 11:35 AM

Sep 2017
Wait WHAT? just what the fuck happened? this doesn't make any goddamn sense.
Nov 18, 2021 2:07 AM

Oct 2013
Were they glowing because of newtype shenanigans? It was kinda hinted by Zechs that Heero could be one but it's all still very vague.
"Lady Une got shot, but we don't know if she's dead or not". Okay we can all stop worrying, she's 100% alive after this sentence.
Mar 24, 2023 7:41 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Both kids returns at the Earth!!! kekeke
Oct 30, 2023 2:30 AM

Jul 2017
I don't know what's happening anymore, the plot Is too confusing and there are too many different factions.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

» The “Shojo” of Gundam?

FuunsaikiStar - Apr 2

3 by deg »»
Apr 2, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Episode 39 Discussion

aero - Dec 1, 2008

27 by Neemesis_2 »»
Mar 14, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Episode 30 Discussion

aero - Nov 30, 2008

25 by Gex88 »»
Mar 8, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Dec 1, 2008

50 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 25, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Episode 48 Discussion

aero - Dec 1, 2008

23 by Neemesis_2 »»
Nov 4, 2023 6:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.