Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Psycho-Pass Episode 14 Discussion

Jan 30, 2013 4:07 PM

jimbob1141 said:
Makishima is such a bad ass, i totally agree with him, but his methods are a bit extravagant although i guess its the only way when the world is how it is there.

Makishima just do it for the fun. He doesn't want to destroy Sybil because it's "bad", he want to destroy it just "because it's here".

His "cause" is just an excuse to play

He is depicted without faults, without weaknesses, but everyone has their own flaws.

Jan 30, 2013 7:42 PM

jimbob1141 said:
That hammer scene, jesus, i am shocked, genuinely >.< i'm guessing she wouldn't date him..... Just laying there and seeing her shake and hearing the thud, jesus, that was madness 0.o i felt so bad watching that part >.<

That was akane's other friend right? i havent gone crazy?

Makishima is such a bad ass, i totally agree with him, but his methods are a bit extravagant although i guess its the only way when the world is how it is there.

I think she's not akane's friend, or else akane will go crazy.
Honestly I'm quite surprised there's a contra opinion for this episode. I think it shows that there are many different humans in our world after all.

That's fucking stupid. And the worst thing, they showed this scene like 10 times during the whole episode, as if one time isn't bad enough.

Yeah, I could see their point without showing it to my face 10 times.

Really? Please don't take my comments as insult, but not all people watching this show are as smart as you. I am not that dumb either, I can see their point but it takes me time to agree with Makishima, which is in Psycho-Pass world is a main villain.

This latest episode is mad, I know. So insane that I know there will be people can't barely stand it and doesn't find it believable, saying it's just too far. But I have witness this scene several times in real life, so maybe our society is in process to be rotten too.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com

Jan 30, 2013 11:09 PM

the discussion about this episode clearly showed how many people are ignorant in the state of violence in our world nowadays
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.

Jan 30, 2013 11:24 PM
While waiting for Preview of EP15:-

AmberFebruary said:
the discussion about this episode clearly showed how many people are ignorant in the state of violence in our world nowadays

Agreed but I hate to repeat myself but I sincerely cannot believe what I just witnessed about what happened during the street scene.
Modified by JafriZin, Jan 31, 2013 3:55 AM

Jan 31, 2013 1:17 AM

Preview for Ep. 15!!
Modified by ShoutaAzuma, Jan 31, 2013 1:22 AM

Jan 31, 2013 4:03 AM
ShoutaAzuma said:
Preview for Ep. 15!!

More like a Corruption!

Who's ready for Ep15 tonight? I DO!

Fear the worst!

More EP15 Spoiler screencaps:-

Modified by JafriZin, Jan 31, 2013 4:26 AM

Jan 31, 2013 4:48 AM
Those citizen should receive training on " what should we do if someone is viciously beaten up on street" .

I think I would watch those violent act for at least 5minute until I realize I should call the police. Curiosity perhaps? Or maybe I am hoping other will do the job(calling cops) for me. Well, if such thing do happen around me, I would surely ignore and walk as far as possible away from the scene ...
That hammer scene actually remind me something bad happen just 20step away from my workplace ...

Jan 31, 2013 5:11 AM

ShoutaAzuma said:
Preview for Ep. 15!!
FUCKING CHAOS! That's all.

MAYHEM! To add in general.

Fucking Makishima needs to die! I am sorry too much damage in that episode.

BTW anyone wondering who is ready?

I am always ready and LATE!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

Jan 31, 2013 5:49 AM
Yumekichi11 said:

I am! But Choe Du seong is still on Makishima side! He needs to die as well!

I Can't believe I'm so anxious about this due to my emotional feelings (Since I've been taking some anime seriously sometimes)...

But anyway I was lost track about what happened in ep12 which was flashback ep then it'll went back to regular episode later after ep13!

Jan 31, 2013 5:53 AM

I want Maki to be victorious. Just to piss off people xD. He's too interesting and too entertaining to just die.
"If Eren boned Historia then we'll be getting flashbacks right back to Ymir, from both of them."
- imadethisforonething (Reddit)

Jan 31, 2013 6:20 AM

JeffreyZin said:
Yumekichi11 said:

I am! But Choe Du seong is still on Makishima side! He needs to die as well!

I Can't believe I'm so anxious about this due to my emotional feelings (Since I've been taking some anime seriously sometimes)...

But anyway I was lost track about what happened in ep12 which was flashback ep then it'll went back to regular episode later after ep13!
I have a feeling Choe is like Makishima and is not detected by Sybil.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

Jan 31, 2013 6:31 AM

Now that reminds me, the helmet is exactly the same as the one in the prologue in episode 1. I wonder who wore that at that time.

Jan 31, 2013 9:58 AM

ShoutaAzuma said:
Now that reminds me, the helmet is exactly the same as the one in the prologue in episode 1. I wonder who wore that at that time.
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.

Jan 31, 2013 4:19 PM
Heh, OP changed again.

Akane's face was hilarious when Shinya slapped her back.

Wow, absolute and utmost fate in the Sibyl system that the bystander effect is basically commonplace now. These people are the epitome of oblivious.

The more we see Shogo's plan, the more I agree with it. A society like that needs to be shaken up.

Feb 1, 2013 3:48 AM

Awesome episode, every week Sibyl system is just getting more and more useless, what a piece of crap.

The beating/rape on the street... damn, shows that the system is doing to normal citizen... if the situation isn't judged by the failure of a system, they don't know what to do or what's going on.

Feb 3, 2013 4:39 AM

Wow the scene with a hammer was intense. I enjoy new opening more than this in previous episode.

Feb 4, 2013 6:42 PM

It's unbelievable that the people were just standing there while the woman was beaten to death.

Feb 7, 2013 3:05 PM

Zhou said:
It's unbelievable that the people were just standing there while the woman was beaten to death.

Confused, Awe, Disbelief, and Sacred are probably what most of them were thinking at the time. Disbelief is what all concluded when none of the reported to the police. Who would have thought the Sybil system failed? They all must think it was faked anyways
However, I don't buy that people, even living in purified environment as the Psycho-Pass world already forgotten the basic instinct in their DNA, which dictates them to help out a member of the same specie when it is in danger.

Feb 7, 2013 3:17 PM

Oh snap, shit just got real.

I can't believe how complacent humans have become in that time! To just stand back and watch a woman get beaten to death in the middle of the street... not to mention they filmed it too!

On a side note, it was nice to see Shion get a little screen time for once, even though it was only for a couple of seconds :/

Feb 7, 2013 9:30 PM

I just read a story posted on a trusted news site where a group of people tortured and then burned a woman alive in front of hundreds of people for witch craft in Papua New Guinea. The hundreds of onlookers took photos but did nothing to help the woman. I thought about this episode and episode 15 after I read that online. It does happen in real life :(

Feb 8, 2013 10:40 AM

VampireHunterD said:
I just read a story posted on a trusted news site where a group of people tortured and then burned a woman alive in front of hundreds of people for witch craft in Papua New Guinea. The hundreds of onlookers took photos but did nothing to help the woman. I thought about this episode and episode 15 after I read that online. It does happen in real life :(

For a different reason though religious fanatics vs. indifferent soulless snobs. However, I would say the latter is a little bit unrealistic. Given that the system was only implemented some 20 years ago

Feb 10, 2013 7:16 PM
Shougo can fight? wow

Feb 10, 2013 7:41 PM

ThangLong said:
VampireHunterD said:

For a different reason though religious fanatics vs. indifferent soulless snobs. However, I would say the latter is a little bit unrealistic. Given that the system was only implemented some 20 years ago

Though it is hard to believe but things like that is sometimes happen, 1 of a motorcycle thief is got caught when in action in my home country, all of the people in the surround area beat him until he almost die and only stop after the police come, and the people who didn't beat them, just take "memento" of that beaten thief on his/her phone.. society can be cruel sometimes.. this anime could open your eyes about our society right now in this era.. really, those cruel stuff are real..

Feb 10, 2013 11:04 PM

This shares a lot of similar themes with Shinsekai Yori

Feb 12, 2013 8:53 PM

WAHAHAHAHAHA I so loved it when Makishima killed that cocky delinquent, those who think better of themselves, acting like a fucking boss when they're just a weak individual.. That street beat down was so brutal, poor woman, became the target of the pervert.. Kougami once again impressed me with his intelligence, and Akane.. why you no smile ):
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Feb 13, 2013 10:53 PM

That was intense .__. poor woman

Feb 23, 2013 4:00 AM
ThangLong said:
Zhou said:

Confused, Awe, Disbelief, and Sacred are probably what most of them were thinking at the time. Disbelief is what all concluded when none of the reported to the police. Who would have thought the Sybil system failed? They all must think it was faked anyways
However, I don't buy that people, even living in purified environment as the Psycho-Pass world already forgotten the basic instinct in their DNA, which dictates them to help out a member of the same specie when it is in danger.

Yeah, but I never thought I've been taking this thing very seriously till it gets me mixed feeling about this. Great...
Modified by JafriZin, Feb 23, 2013 4:15 AM

Feb 23, 2013 6:22 AM

I really don't like how no one can think for themselves in this anime. And the few that can think ends up with a high CC... I also really don't understand why the fuck the Enforcers don't just resort to physical means of subjugating in this case, shouldn't be hard at all for someone like Masaoka or Kougami.

That the system was even implemented in the first place really shows that people didn't process even a shred of deductive ability or true morality. I really can't see how this could have happened in a progressive society, therefore it really feels to me that the whole setting is depthless.

It really is a shame, but I don't think I will really be able to enjoy the remaining episodes.

Mar 1, 2013 10:51 AM
I wonder why no one interfered when that poor women was beaten in the street ? Are they afraid that their Crime Coefficient is going to get higher if they interfere ?

Mar 1, 2013 10:55 AM
thepath said:
I wonder why no one interfered when that poor women was beaten in the street ? Are they afraid that their Crime Coefficient is going to get higher if they interfere ?
Because they thought nothing "wrong" was happening considering the drones(Sybil's eyes) didn't stop him.

Mar 1, 2013 11:30 AM

Justicar said:

That the system was even implemented in the first place really shows that people didn't process even a shred of deductive ability or true morality. I really can't see how this could have happened in a progressive society, therefore it really feels to me that the whole setting is depthless.

I feel you. Those inexplicable situations does make me feel frustrating sometimes. But that's a fact of anime, especially science fiction in general. We are forced upon predisposed facts and we have to accept them unconditionally. Now, whether those facts are explained or not is at the author's pleasure. It's his/her world after all. But it, by no means, prevents us to point out and complain about errors though.
Works that comes full cycle with complete satisfactory answers becomes masterpiece like Full Mental Alchemist. While others felt from grace like Mahou Sensei Negima. However, I believe Urobochi will deliver this time like he did before.

Mar 13, 2013 2:03 PM

best episode so far.... beginning to end, it was just dark, disturbing, action packed... everything i love..

ugh this anime is really something, actually considering giving my first 10 to a series with this one, as long as it keeps it up that is, so far it has NOT disappointed in the slightest!

also, music in this one was excellent!

Mar 16, 2013 5:13 AM

I feel like this episode shouldn't have made me feel anything, but man, it did. That beatdown in the street was unexpected, and everyone blankly staring and the drone not doing anything made it creepy. This show is getting even cooler.

Mar 17, 2013 7:21 PM

I find it absolutely horrifying how random people passing by on the street finds it no trouble at all when they see some random guy in some freaky helmet beating the shit out of some lady.

Mar 19, 2013 4:21 PM

this episode was fukin great! im also starting to like the op

Mar 23, 2013 7:41 AM

Hahaha, Makishima kicked some ass with so much style. Characters a great.

Mar 24, 2013 5:16 PM

another awsome episode it keeps getting better and better
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

- The biggest challenge in life is being yourself… In a world trying to make you like everyone else

Mar 27, 2013 2:13 AM

This episode reflected badly on my mentality. I really hope this arc is gonna end soon =\

Shougo's theme at the end was awesome, same goes for him as well. I love how he punished those guys.

Mar 28, 2013 11:18 PM
originanime

Holy shit this dude got some Jacky Chan skills.

Apr 6, 2013 2:43 PM

Anorexic albino can fight, wah.

Apr 10, 2013 2:43 PM

that beating made my stomach churn.
I'm usually not affected by anime violence but WOW.
just seeing how the people around were completely unaffected/in shock made my skin crawl...
that poor lady :/

Apr 10, 2013 6:17 PM

I wonder what is Makishima really planning. Too many helmets was created but Shogo already found how that thing works. On a side note, shit. Those bystanders didn't do a thing.

"Let me keep believing... so that I can keep on living."

Apr 26, 2013 9:51 PM

Holy shit, the poor woman.. that was really a cruel way to kill her :( I wonder what she did that he would hate her that much..
But are the people serious? They keep watching and watching.. I understand that it doesn't seem realistic to them because they believe in the system, but he hit her so long that they really had to realise it was real, didn't they?!?
How long did the woman survive anyway? Is it like that in real life, too? He hit her bit a hammer right onto the head several times and you couldn't even count the hits on the body but she survived really long..

and what the hell is Shougo? He seems to be really rich considering the room he was shown in while on the phone, he is really strong if he can win a 1 on 3 that easy and how does he get all the material? xD

And Shinya really deserves some respect, he is very intelligent.

Apr 27, 2013 6:17 AM
They don't mind having lots of brutal deaths. The animation is great though and the plot is really progressing well.

Apr 28, 2013 10:12 AM

Don't you think the woman got what she deserves? She was bad. She harmed a person - emotionally/psychologically. But only physical harm is punished.
"If Eren boned Historia then we'll be getting flashbacks right back to Ymir, from both of them."
- imadethisforonething (Reddit)

May 26, 2013 6:55 AM

Brutal to just beat the shit out of a girl middle of the street and almost get away with it, damn those helmets! Good that once again he managed to sniff out the cause! Good that he got killed in the end, but I wonder what they'll do with the rest! The technique used to hide their real status is quite interesting actually! Fuck that ending with that baseball bat!
Modified by RafaelDeJongh, May 26, 2013 7:10 AM

Jun 21, 2013 8:05 PM

Makishima is really shaking things up and showing the Bureau how blind the Sibil System has made everyone. Again, his ideals are worthy but the ends do not justify the means here.

Kougami is again able to brilliantly deduce the situation and have Shion help with technical support.

The talk between Tsunemori and Ginoza also goes into how much humans have changed by relying solely on the Sibil System instead of their instincts when danger is present. This is such a thought provoking show.

I really like the ED as well.
-What do you mean life doesn't work like my Chinese cartoons!?

Jul 10, 2013 3:57 AM

Boy that woman got some beating, but I don't think she deserved dying like that. It shocked me how people were recording the scene without doing anything and I was like "What's wrong with you people?? Someone stop him-"

Shinya's really intelligent, I approve of his deductions and all.

Makishima....man I didn't expect him to be able to fight so well!

Jul 10, 2013 7:46 AM

Yet another intense episode. I feel like despite his methods, Makishima does make a very good point - that people have become so dependent on the Sibil system that they've lost all touch with what it truly means to be human. Also had to hand it to him for beating those thugs up.

Jul 31, 2013 10:47 AM

Omg when they captured the helmet guy I was grinning from ear to ear at Kougami's intuition! The ending made me groan in pain with the whole baseball bat down the throat thing agh.

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »